Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

pik_d posted:

I just found out Ted Kravitz's real name is Theodore Joseph Nathaniel Slotover.

That is all.

It gets reported a lot as fact, but it's not true.

His actual name is Lumsden Bumhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
Did I really just watch Ricciardo take off his gross, sweaty shoe, pour champagne into it, and drink out of it? What in the flying gently caress?

Also, lol at Rosberg imploding under pressure once again.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

NoDamage posted:

What in the flying gently caress?

'straya

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

NoDamage posted:

Did I really just watch Ricciardo take off his gross, sweaty shoe, pour champagne into it, and drink out of it? What in the flying gently caress?

Did you somehow overlook the fact that he's a bogan?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Whitey Ford posted:

Did you somehow overlook the fact that he's a lovable bogan?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Gotta have your victory shoeie. Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy!

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
As long as he contracts some sort of medieval disease as a result I'm all for it

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
A repost from last week

Best aussie.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

We need some goon bags on the podium for our Dan next time!

Bugger it, get a Hills Hoist up there as well and the top 3 can play goon of fortune!

For those non aussies.... translations below.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goon%20bag

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hills_Hoist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goon_of_Fortune

:australia:

Edit: Also, lets not forget, Jack Miller did it a couple weeks ago when he won a Moto GP race!

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Aug 1, 2016

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Whitey Ford posted:

Did you somehow overlook the fact that he's a bogan?
I was in denial, but since this champagne shoe incident I have seen the light.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I was more upset the room of awkwardness was rather jovial this week and so was the podium. No 1000 yard awkward stares in sight :(

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Rosberg's interview on sky after was worth all the build up to it though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

freeranger posted:

We need some goon bags on the podium for our Dan next time?!

Bugger it? get a Hills Hoist up there as well and the top 3 can play goon of fortune?

Edit?: Also, lets not forget? Jack Miller did it a couple weeks ago when he won a Moto GP race?

Translation for those from Sydney?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

The Croc posted:

I was more upset the room of awkwardness was rather jovial this week and so was the podium. No 1000 yard awkward stares in sight :(

Yeah I was more conflicted than anything. Not sure which I prefer.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Gotta have your victory shoeie. Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy!

Oi oi oi!

learnincurve posted:

Translation for those from Sydney?

It's the thing you're indentured Asian servants hang your bourgeoisie clothes on after hand washing them in fair trade organic lychee based mineral soap that costs more than their weekly wage.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Aug 1, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/miezicat1/status/759698057005006848

Do not click on that link at work btw

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Carth Dookie posted:

Oi oi oi!

It's the thing you're indentured Asian servants hang your bourgeoisie clothes on after hand washing them in fair trade organic lychee based mineral soap that costs more than their weekly wage.

Good job the family is from Melbourne /polishes Princess Diana memorabilia and pays double for a tin of beans with a UK price tag on it.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Whitey Ford posted:

I'm not sure if I missed it in this thread, but Bernie's mother in law was released, seemingly without his involvement, and the article is accompanied by a fantastic photo of Mr Ecclestone

Sportsnet

I love that it seems there is literally no good photo of F1 Boss Supremo Leader, Bernie Ecclestone.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Be bad at everything, swear at anyone who criticises you, this is my mantra

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

POCKET CHOMP posted:

What's with all the Linkin Park stuff?

I qualified
So hard
And got so far
But in the end
I doesn't even matter.

Also NBCSN can be total poo poo, but I liked that after the race they showed the replay of Nico's godawful start and had all the commentators going "yep, there's that wheelspin right there - you can see it plain as day"
*cut to post race interview with Nico*
"Wheel spin? There was no wheel spin, I did the start perfect something happened with the car I don't know what it was"

Also in quali after Nico's lap, that saggy faced David Hobbs going "That was a SCORCHER" as the camera cuts to Niki Lauda's blank, melted face.

woaoaoaoaoaoaoooah

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wuffles posted:

woaoaoaoaoaoaoooah

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

wuffles posted:

Also in quali after Nico's lap, that saggy faced David Hobbs going "That was a SCORCHER" as the camera cuts to Niki Lauda's blank, melted face.

woaoaoaoaoaoaoooah

Hahaha

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wuffles posted:

woaoaoaoaoaoaoooah

As a Milwaukee resident, all I can think of when I think of David Hobbs is his Honda dealership.

It still persists no matter how much I remind myself he raced in F1 for a handful of races (six) and has two class wins at Le Mans and took 3rd overall twice.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
Kvyat is a truly broken man.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

iospace posted:

As a Milwaukee resident, all I can think of when I think of David Hobbs is his Honda dealership.

It still persists no matter how much I remind myself he raced in F1 for a handful of races (six) and has two class wins at Le Mans and took 3rd overall twice.

Huh. According to wikipedia he also drove in 2 NASCAR races in 1976.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Basticle posted:

:dukedoge:

(nascar used to be so much cooler until the early 90s. I wish we could move back a little into the direction of modified production cars being races in nascar again)

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Basticle posted:

And crashed out of the Indy 500 a few times.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MattD1zzl3 posted:

:dukedoge:

(nascar used to be so much cooler until the early 90s. I wish we could move back a little into the direction of modified production cars being races in nascar again)

I think the move away from modified production cars to purpose built cars is what caused GT and TC to become more popular. Well, that, and the move towards LMPs.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
They are testing 2017 tires today

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

El Hefe posted:

Those tires looks like something out of a console game. I love them :)

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

That looks much better.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
:flashfap:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So meaty.

They should just say gently caress it and finish this season out on them.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

wuffles posted:

Also NBCSN can be total poo poo, but I liked that after the race they showed the replay of Nico's godawful start and had all the commentators going "yep, there's that wheelspin right there - you can see it plain as day"
*cut to post race interview with Nico*
"Wheel spin? There was no wheel spin, I did the start perfect something happened with the car I don't know what it was"

Sky said it too because his revs increased but he didn't accelerate. I figured his clutch must have slipped as there was no tyre smoke from spinning the wheels but all the commentary teams seemed convinced.

Do they still have two stage clutches?

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Whitey Ford posted:

Sky said it too because his revs increased but he didn't accelerate. I figured his clutch must have slipped as there was no tyre smoke from spinning the wheels but all the commentary teams seemed convinced.

Do they still have two stage clutches?

Can't answer your clutch question (would assume its two stage), but NBC was drawing particular attention to the jerk of the steering wheel on the replay as the moment he broke traction--which makes sense to me.

edit:

Can't find a better quality/bigger version quickly but at the 0:07ish mark, they were pointing to that sudden jerk to the right. He was already getting beat by Hamilton on the start but right after that is when the Redbulls go blowing past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGUKcwFzlSk

wuffles fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 1, 2016

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
My suspicion is that his car gained sentience while on the grid, realized who was driving it, and became too demoralized to launch properly because everyone knows that Lewis is going to get past him on turn one anyways.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I think he bogged down off the line and tried to mash the gas harder to catch up.

Why did they hire him for anothet 2 years again?

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Goetta posted:

My suspicion is that his car gained sentience while on the grid, realized who was driving it, and became too demoralized to launch properly because everyone knows that Lewis is going to get past him on turn one anyways.

lol, more like self preservation, since it knew that as soon as Hamilton took the lead Nico was just going to plow into his teammate's car in Turn 1if they were close enough.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I think he bogged down off the line and tried to mash the gas harder to catch up.

I was thinking about this yesterday, but then it became clear: to win constructors titles for as long as they have such a dominant car with a driver that has no chance of loving up Hamilton winning races. Someone else in the car might make it a real competition and lead to more DNFs and racing incidents. With Nico they have a Webber (even if he doesn't know it yet).

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Pascal isn't ready yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wehrlein needs at least two more seasons of dragging a shitbox around the track and racing only his pay driver teammate before he is good enough for a Mercedes

• Locked thread