Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zuzie posted:

I wonder how you get Alola Exeggutor though. Exeggcute for both forms seem to be the same. What would happen if you evolve an Exeggcute that you've transferred from a previous game? Would it evolve into an Alola Exeggutor or a regular one?

I'd assume Alola cause it's in the sun when you do it. Like how a foreign-language non-nicknamed pokemon changes to its species name in your language when it evolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Zuzie posted:

I wonder how you get Alola Exeggutor though. Exeggcute for both forms seem to be the same. What would happen if you evolve an Exeggcute that you've transferred from a previous game? Would it evolve into an Alola Exeggutor or a regular one?

it probably uses a dawn stone or something instead of a leaf stone

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zuzie posted:

Presumably it checks the caught location when evolving.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Zuzie posted:

There is probably alolan exeggcute, they just didn't show it. I'd wager it looks just like exeggcute except one of the eggs looks like that dopey tail coconut-egg

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
POKEMON

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Boomstick Quaid posted:

There is probably alolan exeggcute, they just didn't show it. I'd wager it looks just like exeggcute except one of the eggs looks like that dopey tail coconut-egg

I think the japanese trailer showed a regulare exeggcute evolve into alola exeeeeeeeecutor

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think the japanese trailer showed a regulare exeggcute evolve into alola exeeeeeeeecutor

Didn't catch that. Maybe alolan exeggcutes just have a hidden tag

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
"Hey I have an idea for a new bug/grass"
"No we're not allowed to make that type combo anymore"

And thus Larantis was only a grass type, potentially saving it from being totally useless.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Zuzie posted:

The game remembers the region it came from. They've done that for a while, I can't imagine why a Kanto Pokémon would ever evolve into an Alola one.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zodack posted:

The game remembers the region it came from. They've done that for a while, I can't imagine why a Kanto Pokémon would ever evolve into an Alola one.

It's also probably why they made a big deal of the VC rereleases being compatible with Pokebank. You want your original Kanto 'mons? you can transfer them over thanks to having played the originals.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

less laughter posted:

Snowslash looks good and I would like to use it, but it's gonna have a really hard time getting out of PU with that type combo (two 4x weaknesses to common offensive types), drop in Speed, and virtually useless ability.

And they gave that ability to Alola Ninetales as well. I hope both their HAs are something better/more interesting.
Froshrew and Froslash sound cooler

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Bug type squirtle . Let's get weird

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm excited to transfer over my Kanto Aerodactyl Skeleton

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The only Pokemon that you can transfer to Gen 7 that don't have location data are the ones from VC Gen 1, but since Bank has to make major coding updates to them anyway when they are transferred, I'm sure it's not a big deal to slap a "From Kanto, Gen 1" marker in their data.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

RealFoxy posted:

Froshrew and Froslash sound cooler

Coldsteel the hedgehog.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Exeggcutor being Grass/Dragon is the strangest typing. What's Dragon about a giant tree? Although with the leaks Psychic/Bug Butterfree makes a whole lot of sense since it was always learning psychic moves anyway.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

oddium posted:

i'm excited to transfer over my Kanto Aerodactyl Skeleton

Ghost type fossils do it gf

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That's correct

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iaav6J6XzFs

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

korusan posted:

I keep seeing that thrown around the thread and I'm curious - is it an inside joke, or do you really work there? Is your name in the game credits?

it is but it only shows up if you press the right button combination at a specific time. i could show you but i wont

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

lmao

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Internet Kraken posted:

And thus Larantis was only a grass type, potentially saving it from being totally useless.

As is, it's still useless. Its saving grace might be its HA, like Serperior.

RealFoxy posted:

Although with the leaks Psychic/Bug Butterfree makes a whole lot of sense since it was always learning psychic moves anyway.

Alola Butterfree looks like Venomoth

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Gumshoos is the best.

I really wanna know which pokemon are unique to which version now so I don't pick the wrong one.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Internet Kraken posted:

I already said that its supposed to be a flower that resembles a mantis. Like the reverse of an orchid mantis.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Exeggutor... how many years? What did you give up to achieve this power?? :qq:

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Fire Marowak isn't Mega Marowak, but I'll take it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

GUM

SHOOS

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

G U M S H O O S

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Gumshoos loving OWNS and Ice-type Vulpix/Ninetales makes it 100% more likely for me to use them. Ice/Steel 'shrews are cool too although they better loving buff Ice-type this generation cause goddamn

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

Gumshoos loving OWNS and Ice-type Vulpix/Ninetales makes it 100% more likely for me to use them. Ice/Steel 'shrews are cool too although they better loving buff Ice-type this generation cause goddamn

Ice/Steel would have two major crippling weaknesses though. I'm hyped to use it but it's going to suck as soon as a fire or fighting pokemon shows up.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Flareon Alola will be Fire / Fighting

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Glad I'm not the only one happy to see official insignias for all 18 types now.

Alabaster White posted:

Yeah, poor Ice/Steel. 4x weak to Fire and Fighting does not a good combo make.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

BLOOM DOOM

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pokemon is so loving good fams, thank you mbd

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm not really down with alola forms :( like why not make new pokemon? new sandshrew is cute but they could have just made it a new pokemon same with vulpix and i'm a monster who thinks new exeggutor just looks ugly

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Elfgames posted:

I'm not really down with alola forms :( like why not make new pokemon? new sandshrew is cute but they could have just made it a new pokemon same with vulpix and i'm a monster who thinks new exeggutor just looks ugly

Your only option is seppuku

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Elfgames posted:

thankfully generation 7, the best generation of pokemon, has a bounty of other choices to pick

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Alola Snorlax is gunna be normal/ghost because he got so fat he died but he's so lazy he didn't realize it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Elfgames posted:

I'm with you with vulpix/ninetails, but iceshrew is cute and no new pokemon would be able to capture the purity of sandshrew but white.

• Locked thread