Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Heavy Sigh posted:

I've been playing this game for a while and I still don't understand how weapon exp works. Is it based off the number of actions you take, or enemy level, or something? It takes ages to master even a basic session skill.

You only get a tiny bit of weapon XP unless you actually participate in the fight (sessions count). I don't know whether one session nets you full XP for the fight or what, but I do know that it gets a lot easier to keep everyone's weapons mastering at a quick rate once people start to learn Open Casting so they can session from the sub-cast.

I'm also reasonably sure that enemy level is a factor in the experience gain because you only get like 2 experience from enemies 10 or so levels beneath you, even late game when you're talking level 30 enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So Tsubasa just learned Open Casting. Does this mean everyone's about to get it? Should I try to make sure I get it before the boss at Daitou?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

So Tsubasa just learned Open Casting. Does this mean everyone's about to get it? Should I try to make sure I get it before the boss at Daitou?

Some characters take longer than others but basically get it ASAP on everyone once it becomes available.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

tsubasa will probably get it a fair bit before everyone else because of her availability.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Finished Chapter 4 and boy oh boy do I got sidequests to do, hope that by the time i'm done the sixth party member will have their Open Audition unlocked.

e: wait, hold up, if i read something right does that mean I unlock breaking the unbreakable walls at the start of chapter 5?? if that's right i'll probably start it up and then mess around with all the sidequests.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 30, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Finished Chapter 4 and boy oh boy do I got sidequests to do, hope that by the time i'm done the sixth party member will have their Open Audition unlocked.

e: wait, hold up, if i read something right does that mean I unlock breaking the unbreakable walls at the start of chapter 5?? if that's right i'll probably start it up and then mess around with all the sidequests.

most of the Unbreakable walls are blocking required content

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kashuno posted:

most of the Unbreakable walls are blocking required content

Though hilariously you can do them before you need to so the characters just around smashing stuff and then end up going "oh wow we needed to do that? That's convenient!"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Though hilariously you can do them before you need to so the characters just around smashing stuff and then end up going "oh wow we needed to do that? That's convenient!"

that was me and when I found the performa streams I was like "what the hell is this"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Does that mean I can open up Chapter 5 and go around doing all the sidequests and if any take me to a dungeon I can detour to the walls, break them, get whatever's in them and later on in the chapter someone will go "you need the thing in that dungeon, with your new power you might find it!" "oh it's in your pocket, good job!" ?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Does that mean I can open up Chapter 5 and go around doing all the sidequests and if any take me to a dungeon I can detour to the walls, break them, get whatever's in them and later on in the chapter someone will go "you need the thing in that dungeon, with your new power you might find it!" "oh it's in your pocket, good job!" ?

Yep.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Is there any reason to negotiate with the monsters that I scouted for the Arena?

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Is there any reason to negotiate with the monsters that I scouted for the Arena?

Not really, they don't seem to have any unique performa.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I just saw Barry's signature, after the closing credits.. He spells his name "Bally".

Also, "Myko".

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh my god the studio logo in Ellie's last sidequest. :allears:

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Speaking of the breakable walls, I'm in the basement of illusionary 106. The lady at the bottom wants me to set the dresses to what looks like red with right arm at the top and left arm at the bottom, while blue is the reverse. I set them that way and I still can't pass, what am I screwing up?

Also, I totally agree on session animation skips, I tried to take a break in the arena and it's just brutally slow.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's hard to realize but they're not actually reverse. If you use the map on the gamepad, scroll up two floors and you can see where the arms let out. They need to both be on the right iirc.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

I don't really mind the session animations, but what bugged me are long, unskippable boss attack animations (like Excellus's Almighty attack and Shadow Dragon's Nebula Fire). The game lets you skip the majority of long attack animations, except for those, and in both those cases they're extremely frequent attacks -- the second one gets spammed literally every turn after a certain point. They're both like 10 seconds long and, oh, the boss still gets yet another attack afterwards. Really annoying.

I can understand not being able to skip session animations -- they're mostly pretty short, and it'd be really easy to accidentally skip yourself out of a Dual Performance. There's definitely a better way to handle it still, but it's understandable. The stupid boss animations being unskippable isn't.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
So is game good?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

Game good

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Game very good

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
game great, soundtrack on repeat forever

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Game super great, am on final boss and basically everything except maybe the final dungeon is funtimes. Buy game and enjoy game.

Then come here to argue about who is best girl.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
game is anime (that's japanese for great)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Levantine posted:

game is anime (that's japanese for great)

that should be the new thread title

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The game is honestly solid and fun.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Xad posted:

Game super great, am on final boss and basically everything except maybe the final dungeon is funtimes. Buy game and enjoy game.

Kiria, argument over

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Xad posted:

Yashiro.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Kiria best girl Touma best boy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Xad posted:

does anyone argue that anyone beside Kiria is best girl?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Is Hard in this game good or bad

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

alcharagia posted:

Hard is not hard imo

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

alcharagia posted:

it's lazy in that it just reduces your damage and increases enemy damage (and increases EXP) but even then it's not especially hard or slow so id recommend hard

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hard made some of the boss fights pretty tough.

I think I only damaged Gangrel with having him hit himself on attack mirrors, because otherwise I would get sessioned to death.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

there are definitely tough boss fights, but they were manageably tough, not frustratingly tough

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
While Kiria is best girl, Tsubasa has the best Topics

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 1, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tsubasa is way better in her posts than in her personal dialogue.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
this MC is a loving douche

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
also a monster

but mostly a douche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's Eleanor you plebs

• Locked thread