Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Furnaceface posted:

OK took your guys advice and used those 5 rolls because why not!

2 from yesterday:
Blue Sonia
Metatron

I think those are both good?!

Then the 3 from just now:
Red Riding Hood
Nut
Claymore

I think those are all bad?! (RRH is getting a buff at some point though right?)

Guess I cant really complain considering how lucky Ive been in general with my GF rolls in such a short time playing. :shobon:

Yeah, Nut is great. You've got Sumire/Sumire/Nut as a good base. Rinoa is a bind-immune bind-clearer, which is great for the tool box. Y'shtola makes water and hearts, which is really great for Sumire, and has two time extend awakenings, which will help you make a 5-match and a cross. I'd probably run that team. Blonia is great but doesn't work that well with Sumire. Claymore is decent blue filler if you don't have the team cost to fit in everything you want. She does work better as blue filler on a prongy Awoken I&I team though.

Light Meta is good utility for Saria. I use Amaterasu since I got her first. My brother uses LMeta a lot since he got her early and doesn't have an Amaterasu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体
Blue Sonia is a quality leader in her own right. Great natural HP with a huge RCV boost, with decent damage and a good active to back it up. Teambuilding for her is much easier than it used to be with access to dragon types and a wider variety of blue physicals available.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Holy poo poo I just went 5/5 on Sherias skill ups. I mean, it's Sherias, but still!

you can't be sherias!!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Decided that since I got Sherias Roots and Eschamali this morning I would make one more roll on my main.

Verdandi, my first. I'm happy with this.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
Got 2 more sumire's to go with the 3 I already had. Gimmicky system team here I come. I always have skuld, nut, and isis if I need some utility. But man, heart cross and a 5 match is so awkward I have trouble fitting in other regular combos. Really makes me want to try out myr instead but I don't have really great subs for her. And I'm way late to the evo mat party for her.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Zoness posted:

light metatron is an ok bind clearer if you don't have a better option but her lack of offensive awakenings and more importantly lack of skill bind resist (as opposed to awoken amaterasu) makes her kind of a mediocre sub.

I mean if you need a bind clear, she's still fine for that if you don't have access to amaterasu.

why would you inherit nut when her active is low cd and her awakenings are amazing

If you dont need/want dupes of her, she is a great inherit. For someone asking about her in general you're right inheriting prob isnt her best use though.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

robbob posted:

Got 2 more sumire's to go with the 3 I already had. Gimmicky system team here I come. I always have skuld, nut, and isis if I need some utility. But man, heart cross and a 5 match is so awkward I have trouble fitting in other regular combos. Really makes me want to try out myr instead but I don't have really great subs for her. And I'm way late to the evo mat party for her.
It's not like stuff stops descending! You might have to pay full price on stamina to get Threedia, but stuff like Nordis will keep coming back and people will keep wanting to run it for the PreDRA at a good rate or whatever. Go for it!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

robbob posted:

You don't have to match a cross of hearts every turn. If you sweep a floor and there is no preemptive the multiplier and defense carry over.

For those who know better than I, which team is better to hypermax first? My Xiange Mei team is like close enough that I'm just going to stop with my Uriels at like ~200 Plus eggs each,

Mry/Wukong/Wukong/Bride Escha/Apoc/Myr (Myr is hypermax, Apoc is 100, Escha has 99 HP and 99 Recovery)

OR

Kaede/Verdandi/Verdandi/Sylvie/Flex/Kaede with Flex being Vishnu, Verdandi or Isis for bind clear. (One Verdandi is Hyper, that's it)

I think Myr? Due to my lack of quicker green heartmakers?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

DaveWoo posted:

Got a Scheat today, which is... good, I guess? Don't know what I'd actually use her for, though. :shrug:

She's You Yu partner in crime. You know what to do.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
1. This is more like a garbage fest than god fest. Rolled a mitsuke, some rear end in a top hat blue machine elephant and a Barbarossa(what.)

2. Scheat is fun for a mid level leader and turns into a decent sub for stronger blue leaders later on.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Zoness posted:

you can't be sherias!!

:vince:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

boo_radley posted:

1. This is more like a garbage fest than god fest. Rolled a mitsuke, some rear end in a top hat blue machine elephant and a Barbarossa(what.)

2. Scheat is fun for a mid level leader and turns into a decent sub for stronger blue leaders later on.
Nobunaga got huge buffs in JP (are they live in NA yet? :iiam:) so there's definitely hope for Barbarossa becoming awesome someday. Even if he'll suffer from 2014 Blue Odin Syndrome where it's impossible to find more of them to friend.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
isn't barbarossa pretty good for you yu since he has two skill bind resists which lets you use two nuts

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Was an idiot and rolled my whole stack:

Gadius #2
Urd #2
+50 ATK (woodbahn)
+50 ATK (grimrock)
Mitsuki
Gadius #3
Apocalypse #3
Saria #3

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Yay Godfest!

5 pulls, 4 on day 1 because I have no self control:
Fuma Kotaro (dupe)
Cinderella
Moon Dragon Caller, Satsuki
BlOdin (!!)
GrimRock

Pretty excited for Blue Odin, as I'm currently working on a Blue Sonia team and he'll probably fit pretty well.

My current team is Blonia, Nut, Andromeda, Amon and Mori Motonari. I'm thinking I'll probably replace Amon. Good idea?

Box here

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
With ALB being a thing now, is woodbahn useful as an enhance since he could also be inherited or would griffin still be a better choice? Still working on my alb team so I'm not sure how many things even need a full enhance.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
yeah an inheritable enhance would have its uses and woodbahn can be used as one. there's a lot of farmable enhances, sure (i use canopus, personally), but you could always put an enhance on a sub with better awakenings than a farmable.

also inheritable delays are useful too. for example if you put woodbahn on leeza or sasuke, you could use that sub for the enhance on linthia or scarlet and for the delay on resolve wave for miru.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Aug 1, 2016

pankus
Jul 30, 2003

AweStriker posted:

Was an idiot and rolled my whole stack:

Gadius #2
Urd #2
+50 ATK (woodbahn)
+50 ATK (grimrock)
Mitsuki
Gadius #3
Apocalypse #3
Saria #3

Jealous of that Woodbahn, sorta want one for inheritance purposes.
Only new stuff I got was a Fenrir and Fenrir viz, guess it's time to join the jammer meta. (or sell for MP, will give it a shot first though.)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
just wait until jammer crosses are a thing

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
I ran Zeus Dios about 100 times today, give or take, and got 3 copies of Dios from SL1 to Max.

Anyway, I can make both of the farming teams - is there one that is less common than the other? That way I know which one to focus on.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I think thanatos on liu bei is the least common out of all the parts. I imagine a whale of your caliber already has avalon or gronia so it's just a matter of setting up the dragon killer with resolve wave active if you want to play either side with your subs.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Aug 1, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hobojim posted:

Yay Godfest!

Fuma Kotaro (dupe)
Cinderella
BlOdin (!!)
GrimRock

Pretty excited for Blue Odin, as I'm currently working on a Blue Sonia team and he'll probably fit pretty well.

My current team is Blonia, Nut, Andromeda, Amon and Mori Motonari. I'm thinking I'll probably replace Amon. Good idea?

Box here

To be honest, Blodin is kind of not that great. I would (if I were you) run Blonia/Amon/Mori/Ando/Awoken SQ/Blonia

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Taking into account skill boosts in a MP setup, what's the absolute minimum skill level the ZD need to actually start using the team?

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Zoness posted:

I think thanatos on liu bei is the least common out of all the parts. I imagine a whale of your caliber already has avalon or gronia so it's just a matter of setting up the dragon killer with resolve wave active if you want to play either side with your subs.

Can someone confirm if dragonkiller in that spot is necessary? Guide says a tengu can work, but when I was fishing for a partner I had a guy refused to roll with me cause I don't have a Leeza

actually I might have just figured out the solution: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1117

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

What's the advantage of Yamato w/ Horus inherit over just plain Horus in a Goemon Scarlet team? I'm assuming it's the skill boost - does it affect your partner's possible team (Astaroth vs Tengu)?

I finally have both teams, in clunky variety. Yamato and Astaroth need skillups. I have:

Max skill Goemon +198 with 5 hp latents
Max skill Goemon +198
Max Skill Goemon
Hypermax Horus
Max skill R/D Ares +198
Max skill Tengu and Genie
Max skill Rodintama
Astaroth and Yamato

Someone posted that Rodintama max levelling screws your partner's ability to fire Ares turn 2. Do the plus eggs counteract this at all by jacking up Lv 1 HP?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Why do people use Sumire? Matching 5+cross is awful and requires way more heart production than I have, and without it the damage is anemic compared to ALB or even something like Pandora. Made the mistake of advertising that I technically had a Sumire team in Discord and got stuck using it for a Zeus-Mercury run that took way longer than I would have liked.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

NextTime000 posted:

finally got the Andromeda I've wanted for a while, with a 2nd Sumire because sure I'll take it

oddly enough, the top row is all new stuff aside from the Sumire; and the bottom row is all dupes
decided to use a google play card someone gave me a while back on this instead of what I first planned on

3rd sumire; worth it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sono posted:

What's the advantage of Yamato w/ Horus inherit over just plain Horus in a Goemon Scarlet team? I'm assuming it's the skill boost - does it affect your partner's possible team (Astaroth vs Tengu)?

Yes. Astaroth+Genie won't be ready on floor 5 with a Horus. Tengu+Genie can join up with any team variation.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Adorable tamadra

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Why do people use Sumire? Matching 5+cross is awful and requires way more heart production than I have, and without it the damage is anemic compared to ALB or even something like Pandora. Made the mistake of advertising that I technically had a Sumire team in Discord and got stuck using it for a Zeus-Mercury run that took way longer than I would have liked.

Sounds like you're bad at the game

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Nosre posted:

Can someone confirm if dragonkiller in that spot is necessary? Guide says a tengu can work, but when I was fishing for a partner I had a guy refused to roll with me cause I don't have a Leeza

actually I might have just figured out the solution: http://puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1117

i think you need some rng on your side if you want to kill wee jas with tengu on the side that swipes on Wee Jas, and/or maybe full hypermax.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Zoness posted:

i think you need some rng on your side if you want to kill wee jas with tengu on the side that swipes on Wee Jas, and/or maybe full hypermax.

Ok, thanks. Parv should do the trick though, hopefully - dragonkiller, ok awakenings, 5 turn CD to take a skill

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How so? You need quite a bit of dark to get Pandora's max multiplier.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i asked my miru partner and he said that with 2 +297 dios and a +0 leeza, it would fail to kill if he had 2 enhanced orbs and 0 skyfall combos, any more than that would be a kill.

not having a dragon killer requires much better rng

sumire is pretty hard to play but i'm having fun learning to use her and her tankiness helps with learning to get past combo shields while matching for her leader skill.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Aug 1, 2016

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Hobojim posted:

Yay Godfest!

Fuma Kotaro (dupe)
Cinderella
BlOdin (!!)
GrimRock

Box here

Would you like me to stick a blue thing in my BFF slot? Best I can do is Toshiro. He's not Dragon or Physical but he goes up x5 when matching a big old blob of blue.

I've got Thor there right now and I think Ashsaber is probably the only one who uses him.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
I haven't played in a while. I vaguely remember the last time I played, Ronias were all the buzz and people were complaining about how OP a new unit called Juggler was in the JP version.

This was my monster list and primary team when I quit. Is it still any good?

Monsters
Primary Team

I was using Light Metatron before, but now it looks like Sakuya is a better choice? Coming back to these games after a break is so confusing.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

jerkstore77 posted:

I haven't played in a while. I vaguely remember the last time I played, Ronias were all the buzz and people were complaining about how OP a new unit called Juggler was in the JP version.

This was my monster list and primary team when I quit. Is it still any good?

Monsters
Primary Team

I was using Light Metatron before, but now it looks like Sakuya is a better choice? Coming back to these games after a break is so confusing.

Sakuya and awoken DQXQ are both very good combo leads and you've got some support (Baal is a top sub for DQXQ, in particular).

There's a new ult coming soon for the Cao Caos that make them a very good lead, but you've not got much support unfortunately. Same with Bastet. Future projects.

To get away from rainbow combo leads, Thor and I&I are good leading their respective colors--pair them with Saria and Ryune friends, respectively.

For all these things I'm mentioning you'll need some descended bosses to evolve them to the required form, but multiplayer is a big thing now so people can carry if you ask nicely :)

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Well this has been an accomplishment long in the making. :toot:

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

GoodBee posted:

Would you like me to stick a blue thing in my BFF slot? Best I can do is Toshiro. He's not Dragon or Physical but he goes up x5 when matching a big old blob of blue.

I've got Thor there right now and I think Ashsaber is probably the only one who uses him.

i think i use your thor when he's up.

or i confused you with someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Rolls: Kanna (new), Ruka (+eggs), Ame (dup), Isis (dup #4, MP), Carat (new), Andromeda (dup #3, MP?), Ifrit (+eggs)

A few new things this time, so that's good. Not sure where I'd use them yet, though... especially Carat. Are there any specific teams that want Carat, or maybe an inherited Carat skill?

• Locked thread