Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lol i hope he goes after mccain again and then mccain unendorses him and switches to clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sure Trump's speech might be bad but it was longer so the negative is more diluted when you factor in dislike per second. At around the 38 minute mark the human mind reaches what we call "Trump fatigue". After that any further Trump based stimuli fails to provoke a response. After 1 hour the only sold Trump policy connection most human minds can make is Jeb = mess.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Surely they're done attacking vets. Surely the--

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/760180108518981632

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ratings are a good thing

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

etalian posted:

still lolling how CNN hired him as a expert

CNN wants controversial opinions that viewers can get mad and yell at their TVs about. It's about selling ads, not informing the public.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
im starting to think scoring high on a IQ test actually means you're a piece of filth with no actual useful intelligence or morals

*gets a high score on an IQ test*

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I hope Giuliani dies soon, unironically

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

I love that Trump counter-programmed his own convention. The best campaigner, believe me.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
party loyalty is so fascinating

they think they're being so humbled being on the sinking ship

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Fresh from political cult dot com comes this BRUTAL takedown of the Khans by a Blue Star mom who TELLS IT LIKE IT IS

tl;dr "I have a star too, my opinion is just as valid, you are horrible evil muslims. my son's still alive tho"

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You kind of wonder how Trump got a convention bounce at all with such a negative overall reaction. Maybe it had more to do with telling Cruz to gently caress off.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

CNN wants controversial opinions that viewers can get mad and yell at their TVs about. It's about selling ads, not informing the public.

My favorite CNN bit was the time Jon Stewart was interviewed by Larry King and Stewart called them out for running such a garbage dump network

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

like at least trump gives me "entertainment" through the loving sheer insanity of it all. giuliani is just piggybacking in the worst way and won't gently caress off forever

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Is anyone really talking about the Khan speech? I'm pretty sure everyone is talking about Trump ridiculous reaction to it, not the original speech.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im proud to announce that my iq is fuckign abysmal

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

If McCain weren't up for reelection he'd be actually attacking Trump.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

triple sulk posted:

Specfically on November 9 so he can watch Hillary win and then pass away from an angry heart attack

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mirthless posted:

Corey Lewandowski has lost control of his life

I hear this guy is in cahoots with the KGB confirm/deny

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Three Olives posted:

Is anyone really talking about the Khan speech? I'm pretty sure everyone is talking about Trump ridiculous reaction to it, not the original speech.

Well not anymore, but it got a ton of press the next day.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Bushido Brown posted:

yeah was going to say, 173 is p. impressive if you're taking it absolutely cold maybe

Having a nice chuckle at it in this context, though.

my proctor was 3 hours late so the crowd of nervous wrecks I was part of got to stand around in line in 90 degree weather, then take the test in an over-air conditioned room, so 80% of my wrong answers were on the first section

if you scored less than a 173 you're a scrublord

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

triple sulk posted:

lol i hope he goes after mccain again and then mccain unendorses him and switches to clinton

McCain even took the poo poo Bush flung at him (black baby...) and endorsed him. Trump called him a coward and he endorsed him. McCain is not someone to rock the boat, despite his Maverick affection.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
looooool

Donald Trump, 2013 posted:

“When he criticizes the president for using the term ‘American exceptionalism,’ if you’re in Russia, you don’t want to hear that America is exceptional,” Trump said on On the Record. “And if you’re in many other countries, whether it’s Germany or other places, you don’t want to hear about American exceptionalism because you think you’re exceptional. So I can see that being very insulting to the world.”

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
giuliani is a stupid iece of poo poo

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
I have no idea what my iq is and my only use to know would be to troll mensa-douches if it was that high and it prolly isnt

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
So much winning today. The best.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

DrPlump posted:

I hear this guy is in cahoots with the KGB confirm/deny

That's the other guy.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

How the gently caress did W give the second best nomination speech in the last twenty years?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

overdesigned posted:

Fresh from political cult dot com comes this BRUTAL takedown of the Khans by a Blue Star mom who TELLS IT LIKE IT IS

tl;dr "I have a star too, my opinion is just as valid, you are horrible evil muslims. my son's still alive tho"

its all really just gross now

"I have the right to diss this guy because I have an alive soldier son with a star and this clearly discredits his prop for trump because my argument isn't using my son as a prop either, I'm in the right here."

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

I have no idea what my iq is and my only use to know would be to troll mensa-douches if it was that high and it prolly isnt

It's interesting that no one brags about their 87 IQ. Everyone is in the 99th percentile.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
So how much is Trump actually going to hurt down ticket races? I've heard conflicting reports on how much the presidential candidate impacts those races. Seems to me that it is nearly impossible for Trump not to hurt some of the house and senate races.

https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/760131647719235584

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

I can't wait to read the books about Trump's campaign

the blow-by-blow story of tricking him into taking enough ADHD meds before his RNC acceptance speech

attempts to lock him out of his own twitter account

discussions of whether or not to crash the loving airplane

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Hamelekim posted:

So how much is Trump actually going to hurt down ticket races? I've heard conflicting reports on how much the presidential candidate impacts those races. Seems to me that it is nearly impossible for Trump not to hurt some of the house and senate races.

Depends on how many republicans just don't vote; I don't know the statistics, but many voters just vote straight ticket

e: I am wrong, turns out only 8 states still allow this: http://www.governing.com/topics/elections/gov-straight-ticket-voting-states.html

JAY ZERO SUM GAME fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 1, 2016

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
My LSAT sucked, which suggests that y'all are squandering your potential by joining me on this dead comedy forum.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

a helpful bear posted:

im starting to think scoring high on a IQ test actually means you're a piece of filth with no actual useful intelligence or morals

*gets a high score on an IQ test*

Actually having your decades old standardized test scores at the ready, and being willing to post them to a forum, is what means you're stupid. It also means you're a loving tedious person.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
There probably aren't going to be very many books about the Trump campaign because you can only write "it's doesn't exist" so many ways.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hamelekim posted:

http://election.princeton.edu/senate-seat-history/ says that it's still sort of a dead heat, with the advantage currently slightly towards a Republican majority

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

docbeard posted:

That is the face of a man who has given up all hope for a better tomorrow. drat, what is it with this election and making me feel sympathy for utterly reprehensible people?

yeah. i feel for some and i dont for other.

overdesigned posted:

what an rear end in a top hat.

triple sulk posted:

triple sulk posted:

He will attack the mccains and probaly the khans hard tonight. it will be interesting.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Trump's stopped clock moments are extremely my poo poo

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Wax Dynasty posted:

How the gently caress did W give the second best nomination speech in the last twenty years?

People really wanted to drink that beer with this super-relatable guy!
He started a war a year before and it was only in 2005 when the Iraq war got unpopular enough that everyone suddenly was against it from the start (like Trump). In 2004 he had a solid majority behind him (including the "you don't change horses during a race" aka war time president bonus).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
The College Board hides your scores after awhile too, so you either gotta pay to see them again or proactively screenshot them for future dick-waving.

• Locked thread