Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Yaya can pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I will take Brett Pesce because I don't think there are really any more young RH possession positive defenseman left and bonus he's a college guy so the dream is still kinda alive but not really

Jaskin-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
Zucker-Nelson-Brown
xxx-Shore-xxx

McDonagh-Martinez
Pouliot-Garrison
xxx-Pesce

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Gimme Sven Baertschi. It's absolutely a Canucks homer pick and he doesn't have stellar possession numbers, but he's still young, LW feels slim pickings at the moment, and I'm desperate for some people capable of scoring goals.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I will take Brett Pesce because I don't think there are really any more young RH possession positive defenseman left and bonus he's a college guy so the dream is still kinda alive but not really

Jaskin-Crosby-Nyquist
Kreider-Larkin-Sharp
Zucker-Nelson-Brown
xxx-Shore-xxx

McDonagh-Martinez
Pouliot-Garrison
xxx-Pesce

YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Yaya posted:

Gimme Sven Baertschi. It's absolutely a Canucks homer pick and he doesn't have stellar possession numbers, but he's still young, LW feels slim pickings at the moment, and I'm desperate for some people capable of scoring goals.

I was going to take sven over other players I think are better for the sake of being team svengeance so thank you for saving me from that. I like the pick

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

stab posted:

YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Two people wanted both of my last two picks so I feel like I did a good job

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Two people wanted both of my last two picks so I feel like I did a good job

I wanted that defenseman too but there's still RD and LD available I want so we will see what happens!!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Gimme David backes. He'll tear up the third liners he'll play against and be good for like at least half of that contract.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

i'll take Clarke MacArthur

Last season was lost for him because he got concussed early on and by the time he was ready to play Ottawa was basically done. But it seems like he's recovered well and most Ottawa fans I see are fairly confident he'll get back into the lineup to start the year and are penciling him into their top 6.

hey, it's pick #427 so you're basically stuck with mediocre old guys and questionable prospects at this point so I'd rather take the guy who has really good fancies year in and year out and bank on him being healthy enough to put in 60 games of really good play. He'll be on my third line so I can absorb a potential re-hot braining and not have my offense fall apart. I figure I can move Anders Lee to RW because he mostly plays in front of the net anyway and probably wouldn't be affected much by playing on his off wing and have MacArthur play on his natural side.

that leaves the current squad at something like

Marchand - Tavares - Ehlers
Cammalleri - Brassard - Kucherov
MacArthur - Ribiero - Lee
Komarov

Streit - Tanev
Petry
Pulock

Halak

the defense is obviously a bit light but I feel like Tanev and Petry are both very reliable in their own zone and Streit can still move the puck well if nothing else. They'll be helped by having three offensive lines that are both really good on the fancies front and at actually scoring, so they basically have to just play soundly in their own end and get the puck into the neutral zone. At least in theory. And Halak is Halak, he won't win a Vezina anytime soon but he's been slightly above average for essentially his whole career so I feel comfortable with him. Although I'd like to get another goalie who could potentially play 30+ games with Halak's injury history.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

tofes is up then furnaceface then me

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013
Gimme Jon Cooper

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I'm out and can't see my list but I think Evgeny Medvedev or however is spelled was at the top so him.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I select LW Phil di Giuseppe, his 5v5 production this past season was very promising and so were his possession numbers

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Furnaceface posted:

I'm out and can't see my list but I think Evgeny Medvedev or however is spelled was at the top so him.

Medvedev already hosed off to the KHL, and considering the DUI waiting for him in Philly I doubt he's coming back any time soon.

I'll take Peter Laviolette because his coaching style gels well with my all offense team.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Seems early to he reaching for players that aren't even NHL property. I know we all have anyone over 30, but c'mon.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I will take Nikita Zadorov.
He was up and down on the Avs last season but he's young, cheap, and played a pretty decent season before that on an abysmal Buffalo team. If he sucks, just as well. Gonna need some Vegas fodder so he's really got nowhere to go but up.

Rieder - Monahan - Tarasenko
Nash - Staal - Pominville
Wilson - Soderberg- Roussel
X - X - X

Maatta - Jones
De Haan - Parayko
Zadorov - X

Flyinglemur is on the clock until 7:30 EDT

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mentholmoose posted:

Medvedev already hosed off to the KHL, and considering the DUI waiting for him in Philly I doubt he's coming back any time soon.

I'll take Peter Laviolette because his coaching style gels well with my all offense team.

Well poo poo. Do I pick someone else or does it really matter since this is just for fun and I can just force him to ignore the KHL when I sim this in EHM?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Well poo poo. Do I pick someone else or does it really matter since this is just for fun and I can just force him to ignore the KHL when I sim this in EHM?

I vote pick again but I am merciful

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I vote pick again but I am merciful

I vote he gets John Scott as a replacement

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

stab posted:

I vote he gets John Scott as a replacement

That's not even a punishment. If we wanted to be cruel we should let him pick between Andy Mac and "Luca? Like that lovely guy on the Canucks?" Sbisa

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Technically his rights aren't held by a team so he's not eligible to be picked therefore pick again but only if I don't want the guy you pick

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Might I suggest Alex Semin, Nikolay Zherdev, or Nikita Filatov?

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Might I suggest Alex Semin, Nikolay Zherdev, or Nikita Filatov?

Hey who the gently caress...did you find my draft pick list in a Starbucks or something?

But no, I would like to take Centermanskater Cedric Paquette to put between Sprong and Rust.

Boomer the Cannon is up.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Furnaceface posted:

If you're willing to put that time in you can pick whatever you want. My cat can skate backwards.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
If you'll recall Semin dominated in the EHM sim, don't throw shade

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Technetium posted:

Technically his rights aren't held by a team so he's not eligible to be picked therefore pick again but only if I don't want the guy you pick

That's not even a punishment. If we wanted to be cruel we should let him pick between Andy Mac and "Luca? Like that lovely guy on the Canucks?" Sbisa

I feel like I should have done more homework on that pick so to be fair to everyone I will make the replacement bad, but not Luca Sbisa bad. Dennis Wideman come on down?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hrm, the Wideman is apparently incapable of shot suppression but he's still a good offensive player.
I have a strong feeling he will find himself as the recipient of an absurd amount of penalties and uncalled elbows in the coming season, though.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hrm, the Wideman is apparently incapable of shot suppression but he's still a good offensive player.
I have a strong feeling he will find himself as the recipient of an absurd amount of penalties and uncalled elbows in the coming season, though.

Refs can't call penalties if they're unconscious.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

Furnaceface posted:

I feel like I should have done more homework on that pick so to be fair to everyone I will make the replacement bad, but not Luca Sbisa bad. Dennis Wideman come on down?

gently caress i said take someone i dont want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now my list is shot

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Toronto takes Justin Abdelkader, to complete The Assman Line for PR and merchandise sales. gently caress the cap hit, that's what buyouts are for! We're Toronto, for fucks sake.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Something something offensive zone stick penalty

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Toronto takes Justin Abdelkader, to complete The Assman Line for PR and merchandise sales. gently caress the cap hit, that's what buyouts are for! We're Toronto, for fucks sake.

Nnnnoooooooo you ruined my fourth line you jerk. :argh:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

obviously i'm gonna be pretty happy with my team since i drafted it but

Mike Hoffman-Matt Duchene-Anthony Duclair
David Perron-Martin Hanzal-Michael Frolik
Phil di Giuseppe-Mikael Backlund-Sven Andrighetto

Victor Hedman-Damon Severson
Hampus Lindholm-Josh Manson
Jake McCabe-x

James Reimer

i have great puck moving D and a bunch of players who dominate possession and I'm comfortable putting out all 3 of those lines as scoring units

Otis Reddit is still being skipped and has three picks to make whenever he's back. The RECAPITATOR can also pick whenever, but got skipped at 9:31. ThinkTank is up, followed by Paulocaust and stab

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 37 minutes!
I like your D but your entire top line was below 50% CF% last season despite getting 55-60% o-zone starts and Duchene is particularly dreadful in that regard.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

eXXon posted:

I like your D but your entire top line was below 50% CF% last season despite getting 55-60% o-zone starts and Duchene is particularly dreadful in that regard.

the only qualifying positive possession players between those 3 teams this past season are Oliver Ekman Larsson, Shane Prince, Mark Stone, Erik Karlsson, and Zack Smith (there are a couple more players who were positive but they're all people with <20 games for the team). Duchene's linemates had a 43% (!!!) corsi, Duclair's a 45%, and Hoffman's were at 47%. it is really hard to be over 50% corsi on bad teams with bad players.

all 3 of them have big positive impacts relative to their team when on the ice at 5v5
with Duke on the ice: the Coyotes get 5.78 more shots per 60 and give up 3.38 less per 60
with Duchene on the ice: the Avalanche get 7.46 more shots per 60 and give up 3.64 more per 60
with Hoffman on the ice: the Senators get 4.14 more shots per 60 and give up 1.50 less per 60

they also had big impacts in goals for/goals against when on the ice at 5v5
with Duke on the ice: 1.56 more goals for per 60, 0.29 less allowed per 60
with Duchene on the ice: 0.73 more goals for per 60, 0.24 more goals allowed per 60
with Hoffman on the ice: 0.79 more goals for per 60, 0.25 more allowed per 60

yeah they're getting favorable zone starts, but they're on scoring lines on bad teams so that's the way it goes. they're facing hard competition with bad help so the nice zone starts aren't going to be as big as you would think. let's look at how their shifts finish:

Duke had 39.77% offensive zone starts, and 38.62% offensive zone finishes which is pretty impressive for a team as outclassed as the yotes
Duchene had 36.13% offensive zone starts, and 37.70% offensive zone finishes which is loving incredible for how bad the avs were
Hoffman had 41.61% offensive zone starts, and 36.71% offensive zone finishes which is bad and worrisome but I could write an entire essay on how weird and disconnected some of Hoffman's fancies are, and the rest of them suggest he's a great left winger

anyway fancy cats rule, y'all drool, suck it

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I was just winging it after like the 4th round so if any of you guys lose to my team you should be embarrassed.

Perreault-Fabbri-Perry
Pearson-X-Teravainen
Ho Sang-Desharnais-Dano
X-White-Shaw

Keith-Ekblad
Wideman-Hjalmarsson

Crawford

I really wanted Abdelkader to finish off that 4th line and assumed he would last a lot longer (Boomer :argh:). It would be poo poo at everything except taking penalties and punching faces, but would it ever have been fun to watch for fans of both teams. :v:

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.
I dislike this player but whatever. I'll draft Craig Anderson to be my backup goaltender.

1 : Filip Forsberg - Alex Galchenyuk - Andreas Athanasiou
2 : Artemi Panarin - Jean Gabriel Pageau - Rickard Rakell
3 : ?? - Erik Haula - Jake Virtanen
4 : ?? - ?? - ??

D1 : Noah Hanifin - Morgan Reilly
D2 : Jacob Slavin - David Schlemko
D3 : ?? - ??

G : Petr Mrazek - Craig Anderson

C : Mike Babcock

The RECAPITATOR fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 2, 2016

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Frank Vatrano

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Paulocaust has until 12 followed by stab and FBS. i'll be around all day if someone needs a surrogate picker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

Paulocaust has until 12 followed by stab and FBS. i'll be around all day if someone needs a surrogate picker

Bringing back somebody who had a great start with Montreal, and then ...you know...Montreal coaches.

Good reclamation project at a good price to play in the top 6 when injuries hit, but can make the third line somewhat dangerous.

He'll carry my team through slumps until he gets healthy scratched in the 2nd round. Also something something party panic yada yada

Thomas Vanek

edit: why am I seeing two salaries for him? is his cap hit 2.6 or 6.5? is the 6.5 his old wild hit? which one do I count (better be the 2.6 lol)

stab fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 2, 2016

• Locked thread