Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/6yfkyW9.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The Meat Dimension posted:

Meanwhile Noam Chompski thinks "yes yes dance my puppets"

Nah, it was a legit question. I found most of my answers in the article I linked, though.

I guess the players that are left have gotten too used to their game being made fun of.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

almost as bad as the people who want destiny to cater to solo players

Well, the April Update fixed the game for solo players. Are the devs bad?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Rift being the daily is the best. Played 25 games. Won them all. 15 by mercy. 8 reign of terrors. 2 ran out of medals. 7 phantoms and 1 unbroken.

6.5kd average.

:allears:

Just make sure you don't solo drop.

CheeseFactory fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 1, 2016

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Post the videos of it!

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

Where is his left foot?!?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Insane Totoro posted:

Post the videos of it!

That's like 3 hours worth of spawn trapping blue berries. Not that great.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Knightsoul posted:

Where is his left foot?!?
Stuck in a PS4 player

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I still find it hard to believe the rep boosters are real time and not game time. How could you still be loving up such basic stuff?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

sunday at work posted:

I still find it hard to believe the rep boosters are real time and not game time. How could you still be loving up such basic stuff?

It's not really a gently caress up, they deliberately made the game like that. All buffs in the history of the game are based on real time.. the halloween masks, the weapon telemetries, everything. It's just a way for them to force people to use that stuff faster.

There's a good argument for it being a bad design decision and I'd probably agree, but I think the core failure is putting timed buffs into the game at all. If you want people to rank up factions faster, just give people more rep per activity. They made all that fuss about getting rid of the nightfall buff because it "forced" people to run it every week, then they backpedal and put consumable buffs back into the game? Doofuses.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Along those same lines.... nuked and remade my Hunter a month ago, just got rank 15 in Vanguard. 1 weapon. A badly rolled Devil You Know.

:negative:

There really needs to be some mechanic to narrow the loot pool on rank up packages. Adding burns to the Heroics was super awesome in that I can spec to run them back to back at hilarious speeds but for what reason? My millionth pair of loving boots or class item I shard immediately? It's a gun game for Christ's sake.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Yeah smart thing would be to make it last X amount of strikes or matches and not time.

Also I don't mind getting stomped on in the crucible, but nothing enrages me like afk motherfuckers on strikes

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Lyer posted:

nothing enrages me like afk motherfuckers on strikes

I think literal morons in the strike playlist gets me more.

Came across two morons playing together in the heroic play list. It's solar burn this week but they bravely chose to play as a Voidwalker and a Defender. Okay, odd choice but whatever. They proceeded to die roughly 20 times EACH on the way to the Brothers. The Brothers fight itself proved to be impossible for them even as 330's. I decided at that point my time was completely worthless and just ran laps around the arena waving and teabagging their ghosts (not reviving them either) while shooting nothing. An hour later they rage quit, sent me messages saying they reported me and I solo'd the fight easily.

bee tee dubs, Solar Burn, a Dragon's Breath + Sunbreaker gloves Super will kill Valus Ta'aurc in roughly 20 seconds. Reminds me of the ol' Gally melt down Nightfalls. :v:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I think literal morons in the strike playlist gets me more.
Came across two morons playing together in the heroic play list. It's solar burn this week but they bravely chose to play as a Voidwalker and a Defender. Okay, odd choice but whatever. They proceeded to die roughly 20 times EACH on the way to the Brothers. The Brothers fight itself proved to be impossible for them even as 330's.
raid matchmaking is a great idea though

the "well give us the OPTION for raid matchmaking" people are great. yeah i hate that when I buy toilet paper it doesn't come with a razor blade to shove up my rear end in a top hat. give me the option to slice my rear end in a top hat open!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Wait why didn't they res themselves after the timer?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

moist turtleneck posted:

Wait why didn't they res themselves after the timer?

They probably did...only to get immediately killed again cause they couldn't kill anything effectively.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

TaurusOxford posted:

They probably did...only to get immediately killed again cause they couldn't kill anything effectively.

Pretty much this. My favorite part was that they tried the cheese methods for both brothers (crouch for the melee dude, hide on the hill corner for the cannon dude) but still got murdered by adds every single time. You'd think that would at very least make the Defender change from WoL to BoL.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Here. Have this.
http://i.imgur.com/5fmo61D.gifv

Switched my Gunslinger to 1/5/5, double trips, double incendiary knives now that burn works. Loving it. I'm sitting on my super way less now that its forcing to to build it with kills and not time. Equipment builds are so much fun and I can actually kill a lightly primed enemy with knife burn again.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

actionjackson posted:

Spotted the bone krew hangout today (right). Conveniently located right next to the only clothing store that meets their needs.

Goddamn, I took a pic of the same thing yesterday in Seattle.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
The Overwatch thread is currently having a debate on whether adults with children should "be allowed" to play in competitive games. Like Trials of Osiris, a team member who disconnects or times out in Competitive mode will not be allowed to join back in.

It's basically "dude Wtf are you serious?" vs "even if your children don't need your attention right now (they're asleep, another parent/guardian is watching them, kids aren't home etc..) there might be a situation that comes up in the middle of a game where your children might need your attention and you'd have to leave the game"

Whatchu guys chatting about in here lately?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Kid turned off the TV during a very important raid, sent his rear end to boarding school.....

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No one should be allowed in competitive games, their house might get hit by a meteorite

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

el B posted:

The Overwatch thread is currently having a debate on whether adults with children should "be allowed" to play in competitive games. Like Trials of Osiris, a team member who disconnects or times out in Competitive mode will not be allowed to join back in.

It's basically "dude Wtf are you serious?" vs "even if your children don't need your attention right now (they're asleep, another parent/guardian is watching them, kids aren't home etc..) there might be a situation that comes up in the middle of a game where your children might need your attention and you'd have to leave the game"

It's pretty fair I mean parents are the worst and doing anything other than focusing on your kids constantly is neglect

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Things parents should be able to do: play video games.
Things parents shouldn't be able to do: take their kids on a loving airplane.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

ugh breeders

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

el B posted:

If I gotta poo poo I'm leaving the game ASAP.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not responsible for my connection to destiny if I am currently driving through a tunnel during the raid. This seems to happen whenever the raid team is more Bad than Good

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I happen to know of a certain poster that has been known to use his baby as a scapegoat to get out of bad matches and or raids.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
*ex poster

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
Rekt.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Children are the ultimate want purchase ever as there is literally zero reason one needs to have children, and then parents behave as though they should receive special consideration in life because oh god, they have kids to look after but no, gently caress them up their selfish, irresponsible buttholes. Parents deserve nothing good and therefore should be the only people playing OVERWATCH.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ijPOdRWaE

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

same

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I am so excited! We met the first day of Destiny in the tower. It was like love at first sight.

We started talking and flirting a bit until I finally had the confidence to ask her out. She said she was very excited to know I wanted to date her because she wanted to also.

She never enjoyed PvP or PvE so she always waited for me in the tower. I'd always worry she wouldn't be there but to my surprise she was.

From there we talked and talked and enjoyed staring down at the city while making love on Rahool's desk. Then, yesterday, I had the confidence to ask her to marry me and she said yes! I am SO HAPPY!

The pic above is us in the tower. She says she doesn't look great in that picture but I think otherwise 😉

Our wedding is going to happen during the next iron banner, when the gated area above is unlocked. All guardians are welcomed to attend the wedding.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I play Destiny with my baby in my lap and I'm not gonna apologize to no one! :colbert:

(Unless I forget to mute the mic)

But yeah I wouldn't try to do Trials with her

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

moist turtleneck posted:

I am so excited! We met the first day of Destiny in the tower. It was like love at first sight.

We started talking and flirting a bit until I finally had the confidence to ask her out. She said she was very excited to know I wanted to date her because she wanted to also.

She never enjoyed PvP or PvE so she always waited for me in the tower. I'd always worry she wouldn't be there but to my surprise she was.

From there we talked and talked and enjoyed staring down at the city while making love on Rahool's desk. Then, yesterday, I had the confidence to ask her to marry me and she said yes! I am SO HAPPY!

The pic above is us in the tower. She says she doesn't look great in that picture but I think otherwise 😉

Our wedding is going to happen during the next iron banner, when the gated area above is unlocked. All guardians are welcomed to attend the wedding.

http://imgur.com/gallery/Aimue

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

:stare: What is wrong with people?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

SBMM brought us together. Put out K/Ds together and we become 1.

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

watch as actionjackson wages his private war against the hordes of convertibles bearing down on him

"This is madness! their penises will blot out the sun!"

*actionjackson turns to camera* "Then, we will whine in the shade"

holy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dopants
Jul 9, 2016

feel  it  on
a  spiritual
level

The Meat Dimension posted:

SBMM brought us together. Put out K/Ds together and we become 1.

poo poo, she must have a k/d of like 50 to even you out.

• Locked thread