Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Get out of here: "I'd rather have a pessimist [...] I also think he's an optimist".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Al! posted:

Deport the true enemy: conservative british expats

Don't worry, The Saurus will do something to get himself banned or long-term probated before much longer.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

dont wprry cher has both cspan AND Twitter on lock

https://twitter.com/cher/status/758873708920307714
i wish she was here on c-spam

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
rihanna re-released "pyramid song" and named it "sledgehammer" double ripoff!!!!!!!!!

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

trump is live in denver right now screaming about things

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
uh this is the chat thread no politics thanks in advance

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Consummate Professional posted:

Bill kristol was right for his first time about the dilbert nerd

haha scott adams just gave the most bitchboi response trying to get the last word

walk away

just walk away

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

*on first date*
Yeah I write... Dilbert

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
Doing your civic duty sucks. I mean, obviously you should do it, but courthouses are terrible places. In the Commonwealth of Virginia (God drat the entire place (they seriously have a Jefferson Davis Highway (loving US 1 the rat bastards) running straight into DC)) they can ban electronic devices. 'Pez,' you say, 'that sounds totally reasonable. Shouldn't be in court on your cellphone.' It's the entire courthouse. Of course lawyers and cops get an exception. Witnesses though? Nah, come sit around this boring rear end courthouse for however long, under penalty of law if you justifiably decide you personally don't give a poo poo about the crime you inadvertently witnessed. They also don't comp parking, the fuckers.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Peztopiary posted:

Doing your civic duty sucks. I mean, obviously you should do it, but courthouses are terrible places. In the Commonwealth of Virginia (God drat the entire place (they seriously have a Jefferson Davis Highway (loving US 1 the rat bastards) running straight into DC)) they can ban electronic devices. 'Pez,' you say, 'that sounds totally reasonable. Shouldn't be in court on your cellphone.' It's the entire courthouse. Of course lawyers and cops get an exception. Witnesses though? Nah, come sit around this boring rear end courthouse for however long, under penalty of law if you justifiably decide you personally don't give a poo poo about the crime you inadvertently witnessed. They also don't comp parking, the fuckers.

pez you don't have to tell the cops when you accidentally read one of your own posts

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I know what you mean, i am in court 3-4 times a week over all these minor drug offenders i am reporting. It makes it hard to hold down a job but the law is the law

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i made fun of benedict evans on twitter today and he quoted me twice.... so yeah today is going pretty well

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
I hate how I've had jury duty 3 times in 3.5 years.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001
I've only been called up to jury duty once in my life. Got struck during selection, likely because I asked a question and prosecutors tend not to like jurors who do that, I'm told.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Homework Explainer posted:

pez you don't have to tell the cops when you accidentally read one of your own posts

Jesus. :supaburn:

Al! posted:

I know what you mean, i am in court 3-4 times a week over all these minor drug offenders i am reporting. It makes it hard to hold down a job but the law is the law

Dude took out a lightpole while he was drunk. I don't care about drugs, but am glad that you're doing what you your civic duty compels you to.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
I have never been called for jury duty. :(
And I really want to go! My job pays for up to 3 weeks of jury duty, and I've never had the chance to participate.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Having been on a jury, I recommend it to everyone.

Don't even think about shirking it, it's a blast.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
In fact I think we should have more juries, for everything, not just crimes, so that everyone gets on at least one jury.

There's something to be said for just putting a random slice of humanity into a room, and just experiencing that. Being empathetic with people that, in all probability, you have absolutely nothing in common with otherwise.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mrit posted:

I have never been called for jury duty. :(
And I really want to go! My job pays for up to 3 weeks of jury duty, and I've never had the chance to participate.

my job pays for unlimited jury duty :coolfish:

I'd totally volunteer if I could

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Do you believe in life after love?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Only if you can love again. Did something happen?

Also, don't know how many of you guys game on the regular, but This Is The Police released on steam, and it's very, very good. It's essentially a papers-please style work game, in a noire setting, with a solid story. Also it's super cynical, so it would seem to fit with the c-spam crowd.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Do you believe in life after love?

I can feel something inside me say I really don't think you're strong enough.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Tea with Trump starring Cher

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

current video game status

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I'm camping which would normally be good but it's raining and 90 degrees so

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The sound of rain landing on the canvas I above you is weirdly comforting, only spoiled if you have to share that tent with other jerks.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i also forgot my drat padding for below my sleeping bag. highly recommend not doing that

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
Never forget the InsuLite. Even a yoga mat is better than nothing. Makes me want to go camping, but February is a better time for it in SoCal. Without that Sierra Nevada snowpack, I wonder if there'll even be any water at Cedar Creek Falls. Devil's punchbowl is probably Satan's mudhole by now.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
which poster is the one that knows a bunch about the romani

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

uh that's me. what do you want to know

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
i'm trying to figure out a dissertation topic and i thought romani in italy might be an opportunity, i'm wondering whether they are politicized or have been in the past

also drat why did the chat thread die

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

baw.. i lied.. it's not me. i don't know anything about the romani. i just want the chat thread to have new posts in it....

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hahahahahhahahahahah what a gyp

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

go drink some tim horton's about it b*tch

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im like
at least 100km from the nearest coffee shop
the town im closest too doesn't even rate a coffee shop its like a combined coffee shope cafe

and then the big town has 2x tim hortons

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im in rural canada atm

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
there is freshly milked unpasturized goat milk in my fridge, and fresh eggs (not store bought)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i was up at the crack of dawn to water things
roosters were doing thier thing
buzzed before the sun rose over the trees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
if you have a fridge, it's clearly not rural enough