Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Applying to the guild under the name Arul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Kind of surprised this game is still running, although it's still pretty fun.

Guess the whales are that strong? They just started plans to transfer off Atlantica to another publisher, but I don't think Nexon America's garbage reputation does them any favors.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

RoyalScion posted:

Kind of surprised this game is still running, although it's still pretty fun.

Guess the whales are that strong? They just started plans to transfer off Atlantica to another publisher, but I don't think Nexon America's garbage reputation does them any favors.

There are some pretty big whales. Like drop thousands of dollars every update whales. And server megaphones, the most brilliant/evil way to monetize a game ever.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Should I use the upcoming +10 ticket on a lvl 70 weapon or try to get an 80 weapon? I haven't quite decided on what character to take to 90 so I've been bouncin back and forth between a few alts. I keep reading people saying to get a orange feather(?) and use the coupon on the 90 weapon. I have maybe 10mil so I don't think I can afford any of the suggested options.

Also can anyone describe Vellas playstyle in a little detail for me? TS looks neat kinda like Fiona with counters. How does she deal with sandbag bosses?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Hy_C posted:

Should I use the upcoming +10 ticket on a lvl 70 weapon or try to get an 80 weapon? I haven't quite decided on what character to take to 90 so I've been bouncin back and forth between a few alts. I keep reading people saying to get a orange feather(?) and use the coupon on the 90 weapon. I have maybe 10mil so I don't think I can afford any of the suggested options.

Also can anyone describe Vellas playstyle in a little detail for me? TS looks neat kinda like Fiona with counters. How does she deal with sandbag bosses?

Oh boy I can describe Vella for you as someone with way too many hours in her. I'll start with chains: they are a very high dps safe and boring weapon, one of the highest dps weapons in the game.

Sword Vella is probably the best solo class, but suffers a lot the more people you have in the group. If you get some speed with her you can play super aggressive. The more the boss is attacking you, the more damage you will do because cross cut is sword Vella's highest damage skill. You will learn to hate other people's boss stuns and flinches.

Sword Vella doesn't really play like Fiona at all. You can't hold cross stance, you're in it for a second or two depending on the level and you can cancel it with E. You don't have a plan or rotation you go through as sword Vella. You get all up in the enemy's poo poo and react to what they do (by cross cutting them). How well you do with sword Vella depends a lot on how well you know boss hitboxes and whether to dodge or counter a given attack. There are some cases, like the dragons or Lakoria, where you can cross cut attacks that wouldn't hit you if you know where to stand. Sword Vella is also the only class that can reflect projectiles back at bosses, which is limited in usefulness but you can do things like defeat the succubus in a game of tennis.

Basically, if you go sword Vella, don't expect to do tons of damage in groups, but you'll find soloing pretty easy. You'll also have to learn basically every boss in the game through getting punched in the face until you learn the timings for cross cutting everything. Also don't play her she's bad.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Bakalakadaka posted:

don't play her she's bad.

Why is she bad? Because of the cross cut stuff?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Hy_C posted:

Why is she bad? Because of the cross cut stuff?

No I just like to say she's bad because her dps in a party is lacking and that's a number people care a lot about. I have literally put thousands of hours (and probably dollars :shepface: ) into mine because she's a lot of fun. She is incredibly strong solo and you always have the option of chains if you really want to do better damage in groups.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Your DPS drops a lot when you're not crosscutting, which is a lot times in a group. And your non cross cutting rotation is really boring. I think she also still has this weird janky dodge where you want to double dodge and end up doing backlash and it makes you get hit. I don't think any character is bad though.

I been playing black desert lately, it's pretty cool and actiony.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

I don't think chain vella is inherently good at doing lots of damage. The big damage-dealing combo is Hailstorm spam, which takes a while to prepare compared to how long it lasts and you need a good weapon and to stack a bunch of boosters on yourself to really make it count. What makes chains good for raiding is that they're proactive. Unlike Fiona or Sword Vella, Chain Vella doesn't need to react to a boss's attacks in just the right way to do real damage.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 19, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Also there are some bosses that are a huge pain in the rear end to fight with swords (see: Lugh, most of ship graveyard) that are trivial with chains.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

So chains will require me to chug stamina pots to do good?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Hy_C posted:

So chains will require me to chug stamina pots to do good?

You definitely have to manage stamina and stamina potions are really useful for chains. Swords effectively have infinite stamina if you know what you're doing.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

They're doing another round of the Royal Army Raid event. Now you can do any of the 24-man raids to get credit. The only reward that's even kind of worth talking about is the lucky ice cube. The lucky ice cube briefly grants false hope. You've got until August 11th to raid.

Meanwhile, the attendance event is still going on. The 180-day shared storage coupon was a huge help. Nothing like being able to consolidate all of your cash shop junk to know what you really have. You know what I really have? Lots of weapon fusion runes. I hate those things.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I just hit 60 on my Vella. I've been enjoying it but I have almost no AP, what abilities should I focus on besides the standard crit/smash mastery? I play TS since Xcut is more fun than chains while solo.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I just completed season 2 on my Delia and I now think that the grind isn't that bad. Thanks to free (V)VIP caps, a free combat exp cap, double exp events, plenty of daily raiding, and maxing out 24-man raids, I was able to finish at level 80. I didn't even do most of the sidequests. Sure, it took me 2 1/2 weeks to reach this point but that's because I spent most of my time screwing around between battles. Kinda wish I hadn't screwed around so much because I'm going on a trip this week and almost certainly won't have time to hit 90 before the 11th. Alas, no "Noble" title for me.

Oh yeah, it turns out I got the Royal Army Raid event deadline wrong. The exchange shop is open until the 11th, but dragon scales won't be awarded after tomorrow's maintenance. Whoops, my bad.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Hy_C posted:

I just hit 60 on my Vella. I've been enjoying it but I have almost no AP, what abilities should I focus on besides the standard crit/smash mastery? I play TS since Xcut is more fun than chains while solo.

Your main goals should be to max your combat skills since they're the cheapest things to max. Cross cut, slashing high, storm step, and typhoon blade are the highest priority. After that you want combat/crit/smash mastery, and you probably want some points in potion and the stamina masteries.

Also make sure you get standing endurance up to at least rank 9 so you can roll after getting knocked down.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bakalakadaka posted:

Your main goals should be to max your combat skills since they're the cheapest things to max. Cross cut, slashing high, storm step, and typhoon blade are the highest priority. After that you want combat/crit/smash mastery, and you probably want some points in potion and the stamina masteries.

Also make sure you get standing endurance up to at least rank 9 so you can roll after getting knocked down.

Wait, why Slashing High? Maybe I'm playing Vella wrong but I try to focus on not getting hit in the first place and saving my SP for her two direct attack specials/Berserker.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Stuntman posted:

Wait, why Slashing High? Maybe I'm playing Vella wrong but I try to focus on not getting hit in the first place and saving my SP for her two direct attack specials/Berserker.

Slashing high is a 20% speed boost with infinite stamina for 20 seconds on a 30 second cooldown. It's really good whether you get hit or not.

Also if you ever get to a point where your gear is good then berserker becomes pointless. Gale cutter and typhoon are good but Gale can be hard to hit with.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Slashing high is counter-intiutive. You don't use to for the super armor, you use it for the massive speed boost (gives you more dmg, lets you use more moves between windows), and at high levels you actually outpace the cost of it. It's extremely good. Attack speed is a total game changer in this because it improves every aspect of your character(dodging, cancels). Slashing high even more so because it also speeds up potions, running, everything.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
I can confirm that Slashing High is stupid good skill and what I dump most my SP into on chars that have access to it, and by time its CD is off 90% of the time I'll have the SP back to pop it instantly again.
Plus its also a skill that scales very well with your characters gear/stats.
There is a reason newer characters and weapons didn't get Slashing High, its kinda overpowered, just imagine a chain Vella with near infinite stamina and speed boost.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Bakalakadaka posted:

So the main damage dealer is LRRRR? I've been leveling LLRR since it's faster to get off.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Hy_C posted:

So the main damage dealer is LRRRR? I've been leveling LLRR since it's faster to get off.

LLRR is your most used combo forever and I forgot they actually added skills for it because I've been skill capped forever. It's basically your filler between cross cuts. The typhoon combo is the most damage when you aren't cross cutting but is more for situations where you have the time to do the whole combo.

Maybe I should just write a comprehensive sword Vella guide lmao.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 2, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Lmao poo poo phone posting

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Coming Soon: Things.

quote:

Take the Ein Lacher Challenge

Ein Lacher is a new way to test your mastery of Vindictus. No party to carry you, no teammates to distract the enemy boss, no lesser foes to work your way through. Just you and one of the bosses of Vindictus, battling it out.

Each day, you'll have a choice of 10 Ein Lacher battles to complete, selectable from the Exploration Departure map. You have to go it alone, but you'll have a few advantages of your own. You'll be sent right to the boss, no other foes standing in your way. If you do fall in combat, you can revive yourself for free and continue the fight.

You'll even get EXP, AP and Gold upon defeating your foe, albeit with an increasing penalty to your EXP, AP and Gold rewards after the 4th free revive. Evil Cores will also drop, however limited to the number of Evil Cores per day you can claim from those foes per day.

Defeating bosses in Ein Lacher will also reward you with up to 20 Honor Medals per day that can be exchanged for Emblems, AP and EXP potions and Seals of Bravery from the Royal Army Recruit in town, based on how commanding a performance you gave:
  • Bronze Medal: Defeat the boss while falling 3 times or less and earn an Honor Medal
  • Silver Medal: Defeat the boss without being incapacitated to earn two Honor Medals
  • Gold Medal: Defeat the boss without ever taking damage for three Honor Medals!
  • Only one medal is awarded per challenge
There's even a special set of titles you can claim to show absolute proof of your abilities, if you're able to clear all of the Ein Lacher battles in a day with Bronze, Silver or Gold medals. Just don't expect these awards to come easy: The bosses of Vindictus are in no mood for games.
This is the worst event imaginable.

quote:

Improved Royal Army Raids

Group based battles aren't being left out, though. We've gone back to the Royal Army Raids and given them a series of enhancements to make them more engaging, better balanced and ultimately more fun. Two improvements are the most obvious: First, you will you now be able to see the health bar for all bosses in Royal Army Raids. Second, all lower-level raid members will no longer be a handicap. All characters below level 90 will have their Health, Attack and Defense boosted to give them a fighting chance.

We've also added new rewards for completing the Royal Army Raids. Defeating the boss will reward you with one of three different Mysterious Glass Bottles. These bottles contain powerful rewards: 50 AP and a Seal of Bravery, top-tier crafting materials or even an orange-quality Weapon Essence that can be used to craft the most powerful weapons available!

Those aren't the only changes, however. In order to make it easier to find a party, only one Royal Army Raid will be available, changing each day. These raids will also start with 10 players minimum, instead of waiting for a full party of 16. You also will no longer be able to use Ultimate attacks in Royal Army Raids. Oh, and there's one other little change...

The Peerless One is back for the Royal Army Raids! The Serpent King Lakoria has a powerful array of poisonous attacks, and a massive appetite. Whether swallowed whole, flung into the air to come crashing down or infected by a lethal toxin, you'll need your wits about you to stand a chance against this most massive of monsters.
I've spent years making the same few MGS jokes during Lakoria raids and now I can bring them to a wider audience. Talk about your Pun-ished "Venom" Snake!

As for everything else, I'll say that these changes seem good kind of? I don't like the idea of only one raid being available on a given day but it would make finding the action easier, as they say. The possibility of getting an orange weapon essence is the real winner, though, remote as the chance will be. But hey, now we have incentives to max 24-man raids all week every week.

quote:

Improved Siege Rewards

We've also boosted the rewards for each PvP Siege Match! With the August update, everyone on the winning team will receive 12 Seals of Triumph, a 200 AP Capsule and 30,000 Gold each, while the losing team will earn 8 Seals of Triumph, a 100 AP Capsule and 20,000 Gold apiece.

In order to make Siege Matches more of an event, we've restricted their availability. As such, Siege matches will only occur every Tuesday and Saturday. The UI will let you know when a new match is available, so be ready to storm the castle!
Yo, gently caress PvP.

quote:

And More!

Of course there's more! We'll be introducing new outfits, hairstyles, inner armors, plenty of events and a screenshot function to help you get better shots of your character in action. Come back on Wednesday, August 17th when the Ein Lacher Challenge arrives!
I hope it's selfie mode for screenshots. Wind Waker convinced me that selfies are actually good in video games.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 11, 2016

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Lmbo "come back" for the patch!

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Patch day is here and there are more events than anticipated.

quote:

It's been a year since our last Treasure Chest event, and even longer since the Fruit Fight event has been around. We're bringing both back around this month to give you a wealth of rewards no matter what you want to play. We're also easing you into the new normal for Royal Army Raids by giving you three Royal Army Raids each day for the next two weeks. Check it all out below!

Exquisite Chest Event

It's time for a new Treasure Chest event! This Exquisite Chest Event is much like previous Treasure Chest events, but with a new list of rewards and an Attendance Event to boot!

The wide array of gorgeous wings in the Exquisite Chest and Gilded Exquisite Chests remain the same, but we've added Airtight items, the Succubus Wing Package and more! All you need to do to win free items is to run Battle Quests as normal. After defeating the last boss of the quest, you'll earn either an Exquisite Chest, Exquisite Chest Key or a Gilded Exquisite Chest.

Open the Exquisite Chests with Exquisite Chest Keys, and Gilded Exquisite Chests with Gilded Exquisite Chest Keys from the Supply Depot, or by taking advantage of the Exquisite Chest Attendance Event below!

• Complete Battle Quests to earn Gilded Exquisite Chests, Exquisite Chests and Exquisite Chest Keys
  • Gilded Exquisite Chests can only be opened by Gilded Exquisite Chest Keys, which can be found in Exquisite Chests or earned from the Exquisite Chest Attendance Event
  • Exquisite Chests can only be opened by Exquisite Chest Keys
Please Goddess have mercy on this poor idiot burned-out soul and spare me from boring-rear end RNG events.

quote:

Exquisite Chest Attendance Event

Want to open your Gilded Exquisite Chests without spending NX or relying on the regular Exquisite Chests? We're giving away 5 Gilded Exquisite Chest Keys over the next three weeks! Every day you login will award you with another prize, but you'll need to login all 21 days for the grand prize of 1000 AP and 5 Gilded Treasure Chest Keys!
Another attendance event urgh. Most of the rewards are bad, too.

quote:

Midsummer Night's Fruit Fight Event

It's time for the battle to end all battles, a bitter fight between hardened rivals that threaten to drench the beaches of Malina in the recently slain...

...I mean, fruit's alive, right? Organic at least?

The Fomors can wait, because the Midsummer Night's Fruit Fight Event is here! Join via the Exploration Boardand face off against fellow players as you grab long paddles to smash the fruit and balloons to smash your opponents. The team that destroys the most fruit will claim bonus Coupons that qualify you for a variety of prizes, including an Armor Fusion Rune, Twinkling Armor and some of the most delightful weapons available!
"People don't want to do Fruit Fight because it's the second-worst thing ever. How can we fix this?" Toy weapons and twinkling gear do not excite me. The 1000 AP caps are decent, though.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 17, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I haven't touched the new royal raids because they are an eternal laggy mess. Ein Lacher is cool and an interesting way to do bosses no one cares about for some unique rewards.

Most importantly this patch fixed Ben Chenner summit and Lochlann plains so that you can dual box them without your alt crashing if you get too far away from them.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's a level-up event going on. It's a bit late for that, Nexon.

quote:

Vindictus' sixth anniversary is quickly approaching and as we near this latest milestone in Vindictus' legacy, the Strange Traveler is celebrating in his own, absurdly generous way with free gear for everyone!

At every 10th level milestone (Level 10, Level 20, etc.), your characters will earn you a new set of rewards pried from the helpful paws of the Strange Traveler. With high quality gear to keep you equipped for the battles to come, EXP potions to help you speed through the ranks and accessories, enchant scrolls and much more, there's an entire arsenal here, just waiting for intrepid mercenaries to make their claim.

And for those mercenaries that have already reached their peak, worry not! There's plenty for you here as well, including a free Enhancement Stone, 40x Seals of Bravery, a case full of Paradise crafting items and two Rank A Enchant Scrolls. Check it all out below!
If you're at the level cap, the exp caps are useless and the gear will be obsolete. A couple of the accessories might be an upgrade. The level 90 pack doesn't give you enough godly mats or orbs to actually switch a component into your gear. The free enchant scrolls are Gallant and Bloodlust, which are okay weapon scrolls. However, the scrolls are guaranteed to succeed and that's really good.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Some notes:
- Incineration has been temporarily disabled. Word on the street is that someone figured out how to get free stuff from it without actually consuming items.
- The event gear from the level up event costs money to repair so it's no good for low-level runs. You might be thinking, "why would you expect gear to cost nothing to repair?" The answer is that Ye Olde Jump event gear costs nothing to repair so maybe they'll do something like that again I dunno
- I played Lynn for the first time in a long time and it turns out they nerfed her best move. Golden Arm, an attack that let you quickly hit enemies to apply Swift Assassin after dodging, no longer applies Swift Assassin stacks. This means it's now substantially harder to do the thing that Lynn has to do to deal real damage. This means I hate playing Lynn even more.
- I'm still not allowed to delete the Login Appreciation Tickets I got who knows how long ago.
- There is now a second reason to go Paladin and it has to do with fighting Shakarr in Ein Lacher: If you get hit while Conviction is up, it doesn't count as getting hit as far as the "No Hit" challenge is concerned. (The first reason to be a Paladin is to make "Super Cyan" jokes)

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 4, 2016

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Golden Coin Event! Get that purestrain gold ALTERON PAUL 2016

quote:

Vindictus' 6th Anniversary is coming in hot and it feels like we only just wrapped up celebrating our 5th Anniversary. We're celebrating another glorious year of Vindictus by giving away a variety of items to the players that have blessed us with their support over the past year!

Everyone that logs into Vindictus will find a cache of Golden Coins in their mail. The number of Golden Coins is based on either the number of days you've spent playing Vindictus over the last year or the amount of NX you've spent with Vindictus over the last year, whichever is higher based on our tier chart. You also have the chance to earn up to 5 additional Golden Coins, just by logging into Vindictus from now until midnight PDT on Tuesday, September 27th.

You can take those coins to the Exchange Shop and exchange them for a wide variety of prizes, including a special Premium Fusion Rune package, full outfits and more, including a brand new pair of wings, the Cursed Devil Wings! Collect your coins and map out your prizes!
Most of the items available are ugly and stupid outfits. There are some enchantment and enhancement runes to be had and that's good. You can also get graces (lol) or 200-1000 AP caps (lol).

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

Golden Coin Event! Get that purestrain gold ALTERON PAUL 2016

Most of the items available are ugly and stupid outfits. There are some enchantment and enhancement runes to be had and that's good. You can also get graces (lol) or 200-1000 AP caps (lol).

What Tier are you?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

What Tier are you?
The mail I got said I'm on Tier 3, presumably based on how much I've logged in.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

ArchWizard posted:

The mail I got said I'm on Tier 3, presumably based on how much I've logged in.

*tugs collar* tier 1

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Update Day (Upday?!?!) is here and they're starting the 6th Anniversary (Lanniversary?!?!?!) Celebration.

2016 Golden Chieftain Event:

quote:

The Golden Chieftain Event is back! If you weren't able to get this glorious little helper last year, you've got an all-new chance to claim this special pet with a golden glow. We've also improved the rewards by making many of the contents of the Gold Chieftain Superior Event Chest Airtight, making them tradable with other players!

2016 Golden Chieftain Event

The Strange Traveler in Colhen is your key to getting a Gold Junior Chieftain pet. Players can get started by speaking to the Strange Traveler and getting a "G" Letter. By collecting the "O", "L" and "D" letter tokens to form "GOLD", and bringing along a Junior Chieftain pet, you can turn them into the Strange Traveler for your Gold Junior Chieftain pet. You’ll also get to keep your current Junior Chieftain pet but give him a new friend to play with. Of course, the trick is getting the letter tokens in the first place.

During the event, Raid Bosses will be dropping Gold Chieftain Event Chests, which can contain a variety of items, including Enchant Runes, Premium Pet Feed, Merc Recovery Potions or the "O", "L" or "D" letter tokens needed to get your Gold Junior Chieftain pet.

You can also get your "GOLD" letter tokens from the new Gold Chieftain Superior Event Chest, which will be in the Supply Depot for the duration of the event. The Gold Chieftain Superior Event Chest will reward you with a random item, ranging from Quality Booster Coupons, AP Capsules, a variety of Airtight items, the aforementioned "GOLD" letter tokens and even the Gold Junior Chieftain pet itself! Even better, you'll get no duplicate letter tokens from the Gold Chieftain Superior Event Chest: Getting a letter token will reward you with one you do not yet have, making it easier to claim your Gold Junior Chieftain pet.
I bought a li'l chieftain a few months ago but I think I am still too burned out to earn the golden chieftain (Golden Gear?!?!). It seems like a lot of raiding.

Silent Vindi: Crystallized Memories

quote:

We're only a few weeks away from Vindictus' 6th Anniversary, and the memories of all the trials and challenges that have come and gone have gotten the Strange Traveler nostalgic for the early days. As always, his favorite way to celebrate is by giving things away to anyone that gives him a helpful paw, and the fragments of memories from long ago are what he's looking for now!
So what you do is you go into battles and wreck the place up. Destroyed objects can drop crystallized memories, which can be turned in to the Shady Traveler for cake. This is boring and stupid, so there's also a server objective event. If everybody turns in enough crystallized memories, everybody who did the prequest gets a title.

I am altering the coin event. Pray I don't alter it any further.

quote:

UPDATE: We’ve heard your concerns about the Golden Coin Event. The version of the event enacted by our friends running Vindictus Europe follows slightly different rules, and we are updating our event to match.

As a result, the Golden Coin Event will now take into account both NX spent and days played tiers, increasing the number of Golden Coins many of our players will earn. Don’t forget to keep logging in to claim your bonus coins either!
In other words: If you logged in a lot and spent mad ducats over the past year, you get golden coins for both sets of poor decisions instead of which set of poor decisions was quantitatively worse.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 21, 2016

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Patch notes for tomorrow say an All or Nothing Enhancement event. Is this going to be a stupid spend money to take a shot at +10 event?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Patch notes for tomorrow say an All or Nothing Enhancement event. Is this going to be a stupid spend money to take a shot at +10 event?
I thought it was 800k gold for a shot at +8. A chance to get to +10 would be an improvement.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Here's something I didn't notice until today: There is a 6th Anniversary giveaway event.

quote:

After 6 years of battling ever-increasing threats and welcoming new mercenaries to the fold, Vindictus is inviting everyone to join us to mark this special anniversary celebration! To hail this special occasion, Vindictus will be holding special 6th Anniversary events and giving all eligible mercenaries a special anniversary gift package. Make sure you register before October 21st, with an account that includes a character that is level 20 or higher, to receive a FREE 6th Anniversary Celebration Pack as a token of our appreciation for your dedication to Vindictus!
You've got four days to register for your souvenier 666 AP capsule HAIL SATAN

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oN9jhPnXgs

It's time for Halloween events.

quote:

Hungry Ghosts Event

The Strange Traveler denies he's a scaredy cat, but he sure seems spooked come Halloween-time! A multitude of Halloween Spirits have invaded the battlefields of Vindictus, and a few spooky souls are giving the Traveler a personal visit. Help him out and capture those troublesome spirits to lift his mind... not to mention grabbing some fancy rewards of your own!
So what you do is smash erg pots (you should already be doing this) and beat bosses (you should REALLY already be doing this) to get Halloween Spirits. Turn in the Spirits for treats that are actually decent. HP and STA restoration? Heckin' good. You can also bring ten spirits in to get a "Starvin' Ghost," whatever that is, or twenty spirits for a 30-day accessory that happens to be enchanted with Berserker and can be used to restore 2 SP bars. You can also turn in a ton of spirits to get crappy Halloween clothing. They're not even outfits.

quote:

Seal of Bravery Shop Revamp

The Seal of Bravery Shop has undergone a massive improvement with this month's update. In addition to reducing the prices on a few Season 2 crafting items, we're also making it easier to craft the best equipment in the game! Legendary Shards and the Essences obtained by defeating Regina, Braha, Lord Glas and Lugh Lamhfada can now be purchased for Seals of Bravery!
  • Regina's Feather: Weapon: Newly purchasable for 150 Seals of Bravery
  • Regina's Feather: Armor or Shield: Newly purchasable for 40 Seals of Bravery
  • Braha's Essence: Weapon: Newly purchasable for 150 Seals of Bravery
  • Braha's Essence: Armor or Shield: Newly purchasable for 40 Seals of Bravery
  • Terminus Sentinel Essence: Weapon: Newly purchasable for 150 Seals of Bravery
  • Terminus Sentinel Essence: Armor or Shield: Newly purchasable for 40 Seals of Bravery
  • Lugh Lamhfada's Essence: Weapon: Newly purchasable for 150 Seals of Bravery
  • Lugh Lamhfada's Essence: Armor or Shield: Newly purchasable for 40 Seals of Bravery
  • Keen Legendary Shards: Newly purchasable for 50 Seals of Bravery
  • Stable Legendary Shards: Newly purchasable for 50 Seals of Bravery
  • Lightweight Legendary Shards: Newly purchasable for 50 Seals of Bravery
  • Perfect Legendary Shards: Newly purchasable for 50 Seals of Bravery
  • Solid Legendary Shards: Newly purchasable for 50 Seals of Bravery
  • Smooth Legendary Shards: Newly purchasable for 50 Seals of Bravery
Did you notice that they didn't mention what grade the S3 mats are? Do you know why? I don't. They're all orange mats. Holy poo poo they're all orange mats.

Holy poo poo.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 27, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

How much do those orange mats cost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

How much do those orange mats cost?
They have a list that I forgot to paste in so I edited the post to include it. The short version is this: 150 Seals of Bravery for a weapon feather/essence, 40 Seals for an armor feather/essence, 50 Seals for a legendary shard.