Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

apostateCourier posted:

Actual suggestion: do the joke suggestion, then everyone is happy.

Triple the views, easier to find where I left off when I fall asleep partway.

(I use LP as a sleeping aid; don't worry, Jade, you're not boring)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
It has very easy and natural transition points, so in that sense editing would be very easy and fluid for viewers.

I think the idea of cutting it into thirds and posting them all at once is a good idea, it effectively covers all preferences and shouldn't require much work in post editing to make happen.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Fearless_Decoy posted:

If it's got logical break points I'd break it up.

This mission in particular has some nice break points in between sections. Problem being the sections don't all take the same amount of time.

Zomborgon posted:

There's a reason part of the lp recommendation thread is dedicated to insomnia lp's.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I really look forward to the next mission, don't mind if it's chopped in three pieces if its better that way.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Zomborgon posted:

Triple the views, easier to find where I left off when I fall asleep partway.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who watches LPs when going to sleep (usually it's games I've played before but these days anything goes)

Also either option works (any of the three options at this point)

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
This is a perfect :xcom: video. The LP'er, ChristopherOdd was going to make this the start of a new LP of Xcom. What he got however...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOI11iDbGoI&t=338s

Even he had to laugh.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Cut it up into ten minute chunks to give it that classic youtube feel.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I just bought and started playing XCOM 2 today :3:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rabidredneck posted:

This is a perfect :xcom: video. The LP'er, ChristopherOdd was going to make this the start of a new LP of Xcom. What he got however...

Even he had to laugh.

"You may need to change your approach", bradford says, his head in his hands

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Rabidredneck posted:

Even he had to laugh.

From the youtube comments, "Is this the canon ending of XCOM 2?"

That you, Cythereal?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zomborgon posted:

That you, Cythereal?

You wish. I'm just a garden-variety sperg who has far too much time to spend staring at the computer all day, but even I have enough dignity to not comment on youtube videos. :v:

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I am gonna assume that grenade panics is a mod thing, right?

Right?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Rabidredneck posted:

Even he had to laugh.
That's pretty incredible

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Veloxyll posted:

Right?

No.

Godnnelg
Jun 25, 2013

Rabidredneck posted:

Even he had to laugh.

LMAO @ the grenade comment. That should have made his next video season 5. X-D

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Veloxyll posted:

Right?

There should be a chance that they throw a smoke grenade at the enemy by accident for extra :xcom: flavor.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

apostateCourier posted:

Actual suggestion: do the joke suggestion, then everyone is happy.

Agreed.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

I had a panicked rookie grenade himself and 2 of his squadmates while standing next to a semi-truck. It did not end well.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

AirborneNinja posted:

I had a panicked rookie grenade himself and 2 of his squadmates while standing next to a semi-truck. It did not end well.

"ONLY DEATH IN DEATH CAN I ESCAPE THIS TORMENT!"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rabidredneck posted:

Even he had to laugh.

I'm assuming the LW mod he was using makes the intro mission random, since he lost when he ran out of soldiers.

Regardless, that was ROUGH.

Radio
Jul 25, 2003

Oh no, trash bear!
Videos like that are natural art.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Covok posted:

I'm assuming the LW mod he was using makes the intro mission random, since he lost when he ran out of soldiers.

Regardless, that was ROUGH.

That's just the mission you get if you don't go through the tutorial. You play out the demolition/distraction portion of Operation Gatecrasher.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Green Intern posted:

That's just the mission you get if you don't go through the tutorial. You play out the demolition/distraction portion of Operation Gatecrasher.

Right, also at that point you only have those four soldiers, so if all of them die Xcom loses it's military arm.

zyxophoj
May 24, 2014

Green Intern posted:

It can be a tough mission, because rookies suck. Especially when this bullshit happens. :xcom:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

zyxophoj posted:

It can be a tough mission, because rookies suck. Especially when this bullshit happens. :xcom:

Yeah, I was kind of surprised on Christopher Odd's video because you could clearly see the other 3 guys standing there, and he didn't open up with a grenade-->Overwatch combo.

AlanFrost
Nov 16, 2012
They were too far away for a grenade. He could have gambled another turn moving closer, but would have given up the high ground aim advantage. There's only so much you can do when the divine wrath of RNGesus comes down like that.

NothingToFyr
May 22, 2010

Rabidredneck posted:

Even he had to laugh.

This has been a crowning moment of :xcom:

On that note, are there any good compilations of these moments? My old beater of a laptop can't run Xcom2, so I sadly have to Xcom vicariously through LPs.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Hey thread, have a little teaser because editing this much audio in one go is giving me cabin fever or something. It's all nice and summery outside and I'm staring at guavas wave forms for an hour or three.

Luquos
Aug 9, 2009

how about we go back to my place and i conquer your world, if you know what i mean

Jade Star posted:

Hey thread, have a little teaser because editing this much audio in one go is giving me cabin fever or something. It's all nice and summery outside and I'm staring at guavas wave forms for an hour or three.

I mean, that could be taken from a lot of your videos. Guava's an emotive guy and Xcom throws a lot of bullshit around. (Doesn't mean I'm not excited for this video though)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Jade Star posted:

Petition to replace Bradford's "What...is it...doctor?" in XCOM1 to this.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Listen, Matt Damon's character had no motivation to do what he did. Why didn't he just be honest? They wouldn't murder him or put him back in the tube, so why did Matt Damon let them bring down the terraforming equipment to the poo poo planet, dooming humanity in the process? And why the hell didn't Murphy send a rescue mission herself to get Anne Hathaway at any point in the, oh, 50 or so years she had after solving the secret of gravity? Through morse code? Somehow? Which is its own problem, but whatever. Point is, the movie is a lot like the game Heavy Rain where you're enjoying it as it's happening, but once it's over and you think about it, you realize it's kind of poo poo and makes no sense. When multidimensional objects constructed by future humans makes the most sense in your plot, you've got problems.

What were we talking about again?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Jade Star posted:

Given your past experiences, I'm going to guess the context is: an enemy shows up and three of your units right next to it should have line of sight on it...but for some reason they do not, and yet your sniper 500 feet away can see it clearly, but has a less than 30% shot on the enemy.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
As an aside, the Mr. Root Beer Home Brewing Root Beer Kit is on for 12.49 on Amazon.com. (It's 26.99 on Amazon.ca.)

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Jade, which do you like better - Dad's Root Beer, or Not Your Father's Root Beer?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Canuck-Errant posted:

As an aside, the Mr. Root Beer Home Brewing Root Beer Kit is on for 12.49 on Amazon.com. (It's 26.99 on Amazon.ca.)

As an aside, it makes really gross-tasting root beer.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Green Intern posted:

How would I know, I'm not paying 27 bucks for a root beer making kit

zyxophoj
May 24, 2014

Green Intern posted:

Is there any other kind of root beer?

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
Henry Weinhard's is a pretty decent root beer, though I'm biased due to being a Northwesterner.

thekeeshman
Feb 21, 2007
Virgil's Root Beer is pretty great, especially the bavarian nutmeg version. Their cream soda is the real star though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

monster on a stick posted:

Jade, which do you like better - Dad's Root Beer, or Not Your Father's Root Beer?

Not Your Father's Root Beer is the only correct answer here.

• Locked thread