Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

SonicRulez posted:

That casual racism of you calling Brooks Kareem Abdul-Jabbar is very annoying. Stop it.

You do realise he looks exactly like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Bruceski posted:

You're irked *because* they have a good relationship going?

No I'm irked because they decided that cat shouldn't know her identity. I think it would've made a lot of sense by that point for her to know because they have a pretty close relationship.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Rocksicles posted:

lmao, no he doesn't.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Rocksicles posted:

No. Stop.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Oh jesus, this is not going anywhere good.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

You do realize not all black people look alike right?

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on the set of Desperate Housewives:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar doing promo for The Voice

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 31, 2016

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar on a press tour for The Real Husbands of Hollywood:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar waiting for that Fast and Furious check the clear:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They should cast Kareem to be the Black Flash.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

That's a nice hole you're digging.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I liked it when Kareem Abdul jabbar commanded deep space 9

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I never realised until just now that Mehcad Brooks played the one character in the entire run of True Blood who was actually a good person.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Dexo posted:

Eh, I like AoS more than Hulk and IM2

:agreed: also I would throw Thor 2 in that pile.

Is this whole Kareem Abdul-Jamar thing a play on KAJ introducing himself as Michael Jordan (assuming that Donald Trump wouldn't know the difference between them) or does someone in this thread not know what KA-J looks like? :psypop:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

wyntyr posted:

:agreed: also I would throw Thor 2 in that pile.

Is this whole Kareem Abdul-Jamar thing a play on KAJ introducing himself as Michael Jordan (assuming that Donald Trump wouldn't know the difference between them) or does someone in this thread not know what KA-J looks like? :psypop:

Search your feelings

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Preacher finale was really really good

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Preacher finale was really really good

Did they finally leave town?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes, the end of the season finale is Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy getting in a car and going on a roadtrip to find God.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
That and they killed most of the cast off

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

muscles like this? posted:

Yes, the end of the season finale is Jesse, Tulip and Cassidy getting in a car and going on a roadtrip to find God.

#oneissueaseason

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Guy A. Person posted:

Did they finally leave town?

Ain't no town left!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endless Mike posted:

That's a nice hole you're digging.

Passing resemblance then. He's 7 feet and has a bald head.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
The new 50 cent show will be the turning point; where superhero television truly becomes art.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

TIL Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was Blade in Blade Trinity AND the Blade TV show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Speaking of Supergirl news. Calista Flockhart is no longer a regular on the show. She's been downgraded to recurring guest star. Probably a budget/location thing now that it's on CW and filming in Vancouver.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/official-calista-flockhart-will-return-supergirl

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

X-O posted:

Speaking of Supergirl news. Calista Flockhart is no longer a regular on the show. She's been downgraded to recurring guest star. Probably a budget/location thing now that it's on CW and filming in Vancouver.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/official-calista-flockhart-will-return-supergirl

I just saw this. Hope she gets at least some good screen time cuz Cat was easily the best character after Kara. :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Not unexpected. That was one of the first things speculated on when the show announced the move.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

Given that last season ended with Cat promoting Kara out of the position of her assistant, they were obviously preparing for this to happen. Wasn't the move to Vancouver independent of the transition to CW?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

howe_sam posted:

Given that last season ended with Cat promoting Kara out of the position of her assistant, they were obviously preparing for this to happen. Wasn't the move to Vancouver independent of the transition to CW?

Given every other CW drama films in Vancouver, I'm guessing there's a connection.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Given every other CW drama films in Vancouver, I'm guessing there's a connection.

It's because it's cheaper. And he's right, they were likely moving there for budget reasons even if CBS had kept the show, which they claim they would've if the deal to put it on the CW had fallen through.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

It's because it's cheaper. And he's right, they were likely moving there for budget reasons even if CBS had kept the show, which they claim they would've if the deal to put it on the CW had fallen through.

Why would CBS keep a show CW didn't think they could make a profit from?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Because it was the highest rated new drama last season on CBS, around top ten for their ratings overall, and had the youngest-skewing audience of any show on the network. Plus they could point to it and say "look we do diversity". Which is also why they fobbed the show off on The CW, it doesn't entirely fit the CBS brand and while the ratings were good(ish) they weren't good enough to justify to the CBS brass keeping something that didn't fit in. Especially when they could toss it onto a network they co-own where it slots in nicely alongside Berlanti's other DC shows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was also still not rated high enough for its incredibly high cost.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Because it was the highest rated new drama last season on CBS, around top ten for their ratings overall, and had the youngest-skewing audience of any show on the network. Plus they could point to it and say "look we do diversity". Which is also why they fobbed the show off on The CW, it doesn't entirely fit the CBS brand and while the ratings were good(ish) they weren't good enough to justify to the CBS brass keeping something that didn't fit in. Especially when they could toss it onto a network they co-own where it slots in nicely alongside Berlanti's other DC shows.

Do you think there would be a second season if CW hadn't picked it up?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I mean, they renewed Code Black and Criminal Minds: Xenophobia, and those both did worse in terms of total viewership and in the key demo. So I tend to think they would have renewed the show, provided they negotiated down the price per episode with WB. Which the move to Vancouver would help facilitate.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
So the official synopsis of AoS S4 says SHIELD will be a fully public agency again (thought the general public, who did not really know of Coulson, thinks he is still dead for some reason, hence the new director) I guess that will be the final nail in the coffin for the cross continuity if SHIELD doesn't start popping up in the movies again. It's also funny because you'd think the Avengers, and Cap and Widow specifically, would have something to say about SHIELD starting up again after Fury disbanded it. RIP "it's all connected."

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Last episode is just going to end with Coulson bleeding out on the Helicarrier and it was all a dream, problem solved.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Wait, John Hannah is gonna be in season 4??

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Scyantific posted:

Wait, John Hannah is gonna be in season 4??
I don't see why he wouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

redbackground posted:

I don't see why he wouldn't.

Look I don't keep up with AoS so I have no idea about who's in it other than Clark Gregg