Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

I imagine that all the in game battles will be the Aloha variants.
Yea. It might be interesting in online matches though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I will take Robin Hoot on my Alola adventure.

It's tempting to do an all grass and flying team. So many good friends!

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

"oh."

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I can't believe there's going to be two Grass types on my team. I never would have expected that at the onset of Gen 7 news.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Gumshoos.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

less laughter posted:

Over the past few weeks I tried to Stockholm Syndrome myself into liking the starter evos but it didn't work, sadly. They're just revolting.

Oh well, if they're the only thing that's bad about gen VII then I'll just ignore them and enjoy the marvelous other 99% of the games.

Aight' sorry they ain't doin' it for ya. I'm just pleased with em' for the most part that's all.

I've already made a full Moon team for Popplio I'm halfway done with Litten's Sun team I just need to work on Rowlet's now.

Blue Wher
Apr 27, 2010

The Smart Baseball Dargon Sez:

"Baseball is chaos!"

His bat is signed by Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski

Sun/Moon may be my first mainline games since, wait for it, yellow

Also chiming in to say Super Mystery Dungeon is awesome and you should play it too

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Less Laughter: Worst Opinions In Thread! Congratulations you're dumb!

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Space T Rex posted:

Less Laughter: Worst Opinions In Thread! Congratulations you're dumb!

don't be mean to my friend less laughter

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

more like clownshoos

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i don't actually feel that way about gumshoos i've just wanted to say that all day now

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Anyone else feeling old with this news dump?

Like I've lived long enough to see a Vulpix become an ice type. I've seen it all. Time to die.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

play sun and or moon before dyin imo

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Gumshoos and Longplant are both going on the team, along with Pikaboo and Nyandre.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

You've been met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I think the mongooses may be my second least favourite of the early normal types honestly, after bidoof/bibarel. Something about the Trump hair and beady eyes just rubs be the wrong way. It's okay I you like them though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Z Moves honestly sounds kinda weird/pointless if they're just gonna be huge elemental nukes you can use once per battle.

Pokemon damage formulas are made so that you can usually OHKO anyway if you're exploiting weaknesses.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Shneak posted:

Anyone else feeling old with this news dump?

Like I've lived long enough to see a Vulpix become an ice type. I've seen it all. Time to die.

Don't die before you play Pokemon Sun and / or Pokemon Moon on your Nintendo 3DS handheld gaming system, friend

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Christo posted:

I think the mongooses may be my second least favourite of the early normal types honestly, after bidoof/bibarel. Something about the Trump hair and beady eyes just rubs be the wrong way. It's okay I you like them though.

It's meant to look like an old school detective, hence the name basically being "gumshoe."

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Pureauthor posted:

Z Moves honestly sounds kinda weird/pointless if they're just gonna be huge elemental nukes you can use once per battle.

Pokemon damage formulas are made so that you can usually OHKO anyway if you're exploiting weaknesses.

It'll be an interesting risky option for tankier Pokemon to sneak KOs in, but I feel like it'll pale in comparison to Leftovers or Eviolite there. Even Assault Vest.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

I'd all but guarantee they're going to be Explosion-level power moves that will hopefully be like Megas and mean sacrificing an Item or something (and thus people who don't want 'em can just ignore them, i.e Smogon)

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Theta Zero posted:

It's meant to look like an old school detective, hence the name basically being "gumshoe."

I get that thats the intent, but I just don't see it besides the lapel on the implied trench coat. I appreciate the name though.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Yungoose and Gumshoos also have an ability called "Stakeout", which makes much more sense now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

http://dragonmanx.tumblr.com/post/148299973694

:allears: i'll die if he's not fire/dark tho

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Watch them pull the ol' bait and switch and have their final evolutions be fire/grass, grass/water, water/fire.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

those new pokemon are super cool and I'm gonna use that ice vulpix

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Stakeout is an interesting ability so maybe I will train a Gumshoos post-game.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Holy poo poo, I thought we reached peak anime with the X/Y animation for Retaliate.

But now, the Z moves and the new grass move? Holy poo poo I am loving every second of this.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Kikas posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought we reached peak anime with the X/Y animation for Retaliate.

But now, the Z moves and the new grass move? Holy poo poo I am loving every second of this.

Pokemon is now Jojo confirmed

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Classtoise posted:

As someone who has been watching the Jojo series for the first time recently - I am extremely okay with this.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Getting me a female Machamp and naming her Jolyene.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Classtoise posted:

The Ash/Greninja thing is basically a stand.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Bae: Go watch the new video for Pokemon
Me: What's so excit--

HOLY poo poo MY FAVE POKEMON EVER IS EVEN MORE PRETTY.

ICYPIX IS EVERYTHING I NEVER KNEW I WANTED TIL NOW.

Also Dancybirb rules, I'm going to draw like a million of them

oh and there's some other Pokemon, I guess.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Classtoise posted:

Getting me a female Machamp and naming her Jolyene.

Should get a Pangoro instead imo.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Classtoise posted:

that will hopefully be like Megas and mean sacrificing an Item or something (

it's confirmed they're activated through a hold item called a Z-stone

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

The only problem with all the new Pokemon is I don't know if I want a starter in my team.

Popplio I can't love if his final form isn't that fake clown leak. I know that's not fair, but I don't care.
Litten just pales in comparison to Salandit.
Rowlet is overshadowed by Palm Exeggutor (though I also want Drampa and don't want to be that dude with two dragons on his team. What a try hard move).

There are too many good Pokemon this gen!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I'm now hoping that it's somehow feasible to do a whole new team with every island.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if they keep exp share the same from gen 6, there's no doubt in my mind that you could pull that off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I hope that there's an Alola Pikachu, so that they're forced to acknowledge that Raichu still exists.

• Locked thread