Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Are vpks inoperable or just the shell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I know it's just mobile gaming setting the bar so low and it's probably worth $15 anyways, but it sucks that I'd have to pay 3x the price to play Severed on Vita than my phone when I'd really rather play it on Vita. In general it's just super lame when Vita games cost substantially more than the the mobile version because reasons . poo poo. Look at XCOM the Vita version is way worse than the iOS version and it's still more expensive.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

So anyone messing with Henkaku much? It says you need to reinstall if your battery goes dead, making me really wary about bringing it on a plane with me. Wouldn't that wipe all your emulators and save files and such

The actual files would still be there, you just would not have any way to get to it till you run the exploit again.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Turns out it takes a Vita to make the loading times for every single dialogue box in Spectral Souls a non-issue.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs8tXkiqq8k

They figured out modding on the Vita. Just swapped out a video file for another, but still a huge leap.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Crimson Harvest posted:

Oh good, cause literally all the SNES games I tried and actually want to play run like poo poo. Where am I supposed to look for development announcements and releases? Please don't let it be Reddit...

wololo and its forum, or the retro gaming thread (which got reposted today so i dont have a link)

im going to be on this thing like a hawk so i'll be posting updates

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm approaching the end f Ys VIII and will probably get 100% map but not much else beyond that, I'll wait for the English release to get platinum so I can actually understand what the sidequests are. It's the best playing Ys game to date, every character is a blast to play and has a great variety of skills that are both fun to use and to try and chain together into air juggle combos. The map is massive, without a doubt the biggest Ys game they've made, but i still think the game has way too many cutscenes. The bosses are a little weaker than usual, most of the time they're just larger enemies but there a lot of them, and higher difficulties they'll be more fun to learn and execute flawlessly. There's only one boss fight I didn't like that had annoying mechanics and a bad boss arena but one fight out of 30+ hours ain't bad at all. Unless the last like 2 or 3 hours of this game is the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life I'm gonna say this is the best Ys game ever with a huge amount of stuff to do.

My only other hope is that they follow tradition and have some fun post-game or NG+ stuff. It was kind of a bummer that (I don't even know if this is a spoiler but I'll spoil it anyway) you never played as Dogi. He even has a moveset that shows up in some cutscenes! He's gotta be playable somehow!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i hope I get to figure out why dana is weeping

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You'll find out over and over again for like 15 hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although it is kinda interesting that this game basically doesn't have a villain for about 2/3rds of it. You're just wandering around an island hanging out with people.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

I want to know if Adol, and the rest, gets different costumes. I was sad that Tokyo Xanadu didn't had fun ones and that you didn't keep the Morimaru costume from one of the sidequests.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Txn posted:

I want to know if Adol, and the rest, gets different costumes. I was sad that Tokyo Xanadu didn't had fun ones and that you didn't keep the Morimaru costume from one of the sidequests.

You get alternate colors but no alternate costumes. They've got DLC plans though and the eventual PS4 version will include all of it so things may change.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Someone mentioned this way earlier in the thread, but the Borderlands 2 port is surprisingly decent. Not sure how it was at launch but I was impressed when I played it patched up yesterday. I think the low rez helps with the art style. I actually prefer it to the PS3 version even if its a little south of 30fps.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
im playing gundam breaker 3 and holy lmao at the first boss

its a perfect grade, you look like david fighting goliath with a lightsaber

buy this game

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/Meiq-le

MeiQ limited edition includes the standard setup of an art book, soundtrack, reversible cover sleeve art and a titty mousepad.

All yours for only 57.99!

I do like dungeon crawlers but I'm sticking with the digital, thanks.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

In Training posted:

You get alternate colors but no alternate costumes. They've got DLC plans though and the eventual PS4 version will include all of it so things may change.
drat :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You do get an accessories slot though so you can slap a Pikkard on everybody's shoulder if you want.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Literally The Worst posted:

im playing gundam breaker 3 and holy lmao at the first boss

its a perfect grade, you look like david fighting goliath with a lightsaber

buy this game

Yes, listen to these words.
I binged on this and 2 so hard, man was it awesome.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I tried binging on it, but oh my god everything turned into an enormous sponge of HP so quickly. At least in Dynasty Warriors you're rewarded for mashing buttons with tons of beat-up mooks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Stelas posted:

I tried binging on it, but oh my god everything turned into an enormous sponge of HP so quickly. At least in Dynasty Warriors you're rewarded for mashing buttons with tons of beat-up mooks.

Gotta upgrade your poo poo homie

The boss fight I'm talking about is so goddamn silly and dumb I love it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stelas posted:

Upgrade your parts, don't hold off on it because you want to save it for better parts. As long as you do you should be killing enemies in a couple of shots.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Killing individual enemies wasn't too much of a problem, it's just there were so many and there really wasn't anything else attached except a saturday morning cartoon plot. I keep meaning to try it again, maybe I'll just dump all my plastic.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Stelas posted:

Killing individual enemies wasn't too much of a problem, it's just there were so many and there really wasn't anything else attached except a saturday morning cartoon plot. I keep meaning to try it again, maybe I'll just dump all my plastic.

Because it's literally a video game version of a children's anime about building gundam models and battling them

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah I'm not mocking that part for being bad or anything, it's hilarious, I'd just had enough of mashgames for a while. Once you've got your core components down you aren't really doing anything for a long while except mashing the same buttons on very similar enemies. Maybe they should have made the level curve faster or something so there's more reason to keep swapping parts, but then I guess that'd ruin the robot dress-up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alright I finished Ys VIII and the final dungeon is rad with some of the better bosses in the game. There's a NG+ mode where you get to keep your equipment and level and change the difficulty, but in the NG+ screen there's something like 10 options you can toggle on and off that I have no idea what they are. They've talked about adding stuff like a boss rush and side stories with DLC in the coming year. The version of this game that has all that extra content, runs at 60fps and is playable on a TV is gonna be a fantastic PS4 game. Everybody can look forward to it Christmas 2017 :D

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i still haven't played celceta

because i still haven't really sunk my teeth in seven

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

Seven is a little rough because they're getting used to the party design, Celceta is great. Part of me wishes they would do another single character Ys game in the VIII engine, or do something like separate stories Origins style with all the different characters instead of always rolling with a party.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

voltcatfish posted:

You can just jump into Celceta if you're worried about chronological order, since Celceta is technically Ys 4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also none of the stories matter

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
For the dude who was trying SNES games: https://github.com/exsinner/CATSFC-libretro/releases/ This seems to work really, really well, except for a crash at the beginning of Super Mario RPG.

Romancing SaGa 3 also doesn't really work, but that's very common.

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 2, 2016

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Doctor Goat posted:

For the dude who was trying SNES games: https://github.com/exsinner/CATSFC-libretro/releases/ This seems to work really, really well, except for a crash at the beginning of Super Mario RPG.

Romancing SaGa 3 also doesn't really work, but that's very common.

I'll try this when I get home and report back

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Anyone have an iPhone or iPad and get Severed for it? How's it compare to the Vita version?

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Dude risk of rain is loving flawless on vita

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
Is there any way to use an SD card with the TV vita thing? I'm sort of interested in getting one now that homebrew exists and maybe saves will be easy to transfer, but I am not interested at all in dishing out for another proprietary card.

My guess is no, but.. :saddowns:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Nope. Vita is a modified M2 card with a different pinout, and even if they were to make an adapter, it would probably stick out of the console.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

leper khan posted:

Is there any way to use an SD card with the TV vita thing? I'm sort of interested in getting one now that homebrew exists and maybe saves will be easy to transfer, but I am not interested at all in dishing out for another proprietary card.

My guess is no, but.. :saddowns:

There's no adapter yet, between the stupidly small size and the filesystem that people literally just now are getting access to

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
It's also very likely that the Vita has some extra DRM on the cards, like the early PS2's and PSX's that required their hard drives to be preformatted by Sony.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Never forget MagicGate.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i turned my vita on and my touch screen is hosed and it can barely detect taps and can't detect swipes at all