Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
Multi-flavored CowCat beenz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Xenomrph posted:

My cat sheds like its her job, it's seriously ridiculous. Loose fur just sort of accumulates on her and then falls off and rolls around my house like fur-tumbleweeds. I can vacuum my carpets and then 48 hours later it looks like I didn't vacuum at all. Sometimes I'll carry her out onto my patio on my shoulder and the breeze will make tufts of fur float off of her on the wind. I jokingly tell my friends that I'll knit them Christmas sweaters out of my cat's fur, but I'm real confident I could actually do it. :catstare:

YOu know how some species of lizards have tails that break off to fool predators? I think my cat uses all her fluff like that, because sometimes she'll tear off to another room and leave behind a huge gob of fur

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Iron Crowned posted:

YOu know how some species of lizards have tails that break off to fool predators? I think my cat uses all her fluff like that, because sometimes she'll tear off to another room and leave behind a huge gob of fur
My cat does that, I call it "inking" (you know, like a squid) since her fur is black.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

This is a very nice set of stairs, but where's the kitty?

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it
Llllllllladies?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
BOSTON! :neckbeard:

DeusExMchna
Nov 9, 2013

2 thicc 2 exist
Lipstick Apathy

Ivan is a big fan of sleeping

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Jay O posted:

Llllllllladies?

Gaddamn Boston.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

I found this guy on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robert_sijka/

he takes the best photos of large maine coons, look at the mane on this beast:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Pyroi posted:

This is a very nice set of stairs, but where's the kitty?

Get to meet a lot of interesting cats helping other people clean rubbish.

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Jul 27, 2016

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I loving love tortie/calico kitties.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Slime posted:

I loving love tortie/calico kitties.

May I interest you in a Nana?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
So many goddamn wigglefloofs in this thread. :3:

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Geolicious posted:

May I interest you in a Nana?

I know that SPCA and it has plenty of wonderful torties! I adopted Mandy (now Milly) a month ago and she's settled in just fine. It's so hard not to go back and adopt more.

Ok, mostly fine.

Bonus: Boss's cat mlem

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
:neckbeard:

I remember Mandy!!! What are the odds I would run into her adopter on SA!!

Volunteering there is the best part of my life.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Oh hey, that's how I pick my cat up, too.

Handiklap
Aug 14, 2004

Mmmm no.
crossposting from the Orange cats: the best cats thread

Catiflower ear.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Wait we have a thread just for orange cats? This is very specifically in my wheelhouse.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Trig Discipline posted:

Wait we have a thread just for orange cats? This is very specifically in my wheelhouse.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3746693

You're welcome. Also orange cats are my jam too, despite the fact that I've never had one live with me.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

This right here is 85% of the reason to own a cat.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

nzspambot posted:

Don't lie to me. This is just a grey lion.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Thumb cats are best cats.

That was from her being a kitten. We named her Poly for, well, obvious reasons. She also has a sister name Ernie for Ernest Hemingway and that one has her own story to tell as well.

The best thing about thumb cats though is they can make more thumb cats :3: Apparently she has three kittens on the farm and two of them have extra toes. Whats interesting with her is that she has six toes on her front feet but seven claws, she has an extra claw between her thumbs and the rest of her foot. I know it was mentioned that there's an orange cat thread in Pet Island but is there a polydactyl thread? If not there needs to be.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Handiklap posted:

crossposting from the Orange cats: the best cats thread

Catiflower ear.

This happened to my buddies cat on both ears, and now he looks like a scottish fold

nzspambot posted:

I wonder what this cats name is

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Tracula posted:

That was from her being a kitten. We named her Poly for, well, obvious reasons. She also has a sister name Ernie for Ernest Hemingway and that one has her own story to tell as well.

The best thing about thumb cats though is they can make more thumb cats :3: Apparently she has three kittens on the farm and two of them have extra toes. Whats interesting with her is that she has six toes on her front feet but seven claws, she has an extra claw between her thumbs and the rest of her foot. I know it was mentioned that there's an orange cat thread in Pet Island but is there a polydactyl thread? If not there needs to be.

Paws :kimchi:

I love how it looks like they're wearing mittens.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Welp, it's a video, but check out the crowd this guitarist attracts..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-kittens.html

sneak preview:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
I'd like to share with you all a very rare photographic capture in my home: The Tri-Cat sighting.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Binary Badger posted:

Welp, it's a video, but check out the crowd this guitarist attracts..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-kittens.html

sneak preview:

You could have said "check out all the pussy this guitarist attracts", yet you didn't. :negative:

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Dead pleased with how this came out.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
Finally got to visit Jasper again last week:

And of course Phyrexian Obliterator is still getting bigger, wrinklier, and angrier:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

BaronVonVaderham posted:

And of course Phyrexian Obliterator is still getting bigger, wrinklier, and angrier:

"Your presence is no longer required, human. Please leave."

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Gonna get that bird outside.

Ok, maybe later

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Edith

Maude

Also someone in Japan has Edith-and-Maude-alikes: https://twitter.com/megmogane/

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Robert Denby posted:

Also someone in Japan has Edith-and-Maude-alikes: https://twitter.com/megmogane/

They look like boys. Are they boys?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Follow that twitter. Seriously do it.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Tracula posted:

Gonna quote myself for an update. Finally got a picture of her polydactyl kids. Apologies for including my ugly mug :v:
This one looks just like the mother and has seven toes on the front and five on the back.

Then there's this one who is darker in color and has seven on the front and SIX on each back foot.

Haven't thought of names for them yet plus I don't even know their genders.

Tracula has a new favorite as of 20:02 on Aug 2, 2016

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I hope for a future where thumb-cats evolve to walk upright. It will be the most adorable Planet of the Apes future we could ask for.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I NEED to play with them paws. NEED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

MrSlam posted:

I hope for a future where thumb-cats evolve to walk upright. It will be the most adorable Planet of the Apes future we could ask for.

I know I read theories that there are so many Maine Coon polys because it acts like a snow shoe. It does amuse me too that it's a dominant gene so it's easy to pass along to offspring.

I've always liked too that every poly is a bit different with their toes and claws. What's strange about the mother is they on her from feet she has an extra claw growing between the thumb and the rest of her regular toes. Sharp as all hell too. Her only problem is that she can't sharpen her thumb claw so that needs to get trimmed now and then so if doesn't get ingrown.

Tracula has a new favorite as of 20:08 on Aug 2, 2016