Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nilgoow being edgy af as per usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I agree with the new zone being fun. I'd also like to add that the new Heavy Light is awesome. Goodbye, Big Game Hunter. I prefer shooting piercing arrows that knock a bunch of dudes back every ten seconds.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

ItBurns posted:

I know this isn't going to be popular, but the new zone is cool and I had fun playing a video game.

at the date posted:

the fanboy redditor gimmick is getting a little old

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I once made a Guardian Asura named Mini Arus and he stopped talking to me until I sent him a stack of burgers.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

My first and main character was an asura guardian, that must be why Arus and I got off on the wrong foot

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
i don't think I've ever even made an Asura

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

ItBurns posted:

I know this isn't going to be popular, but the new zone is cool and I had fun playing a video game.

yeah its fun, but the mobs sniping you from 10000 miles away gets pretty old

McCheese
May 1, 2011
Yeah opening your glider and instantly getting shot 1000 times gets annoying pretty quick/

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Thank you Magres for being patient and running our babby butts through babby fracs.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

fappenmeister posted:

Thank you Magres for being patient and running our babby butts through babby fracs.

No problem! After I do a few Mastery Point trains and get most goons through that stuff, I was thinking of doing weekly baby fractal nights. Fractals are actually really fun and interesting once you get used to them, and the fractal team has been doing really good work sprucing up the weaker ones. Aquatic Ruins is the only fractal that I'd say is still bad, all of the others that were pretty weak have gotten overhauls and are generally pretty good. Agony is kind of a pain in the rear end, but there are ways to make it less of a pain in the rear end and once you've got a character kitted out you can run Tier 4 Fractals on them and over time you'll get enough ascended drops to deck out more characters.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

My first and main character was an asura guardian, that must be why Arus and I got off on the wrong foot
i believe it pronounced phoot

Crimsonbeak
Nov 7, 2004
Can anyone else handle invites for this Thursday's raid? I unfortunately am getting pulled in to a mandatory out of town company meeting Thurs/Fri and I won't be able to attend.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Apparently Anet can't find the recipe I bought. I definitely bought it because I'm missing the 35 Proofs of Heroics that I bought it with.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
There's so many guild emblems I've never seen before.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

RIP doge

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
What are people spending their ~Unbound Magicks~ on? The ascended jewelry seems cool but I don't have anywhere near enough Blood Rubies.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
After the gliding skills I went straight for the 10,000 bloodstone ore node, it gives 3 rubies a day which will add up over time, I'd probably skip glide skills 3 and 4 until I had a overflow of unbound magic if I had to do it again.

If you need rubies, check bloodfen LFG for jade construct events, you'll get a bunch of gold, unbound magic and 4-6 rubies a run.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 1, 2016

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

good minor unannounced* changes I like: moving the completed achievements to the bottom of the list instead of having them all at the top, hooray for less scrolling

bad minor unannounced* changes I hate: removing the flamethrower and elixir gun models from 1st person engineer, it literally was just Guild Wars the FPS and not a problem for anyone at all you fuckers

*as far as I know

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
On another note, I didn't play fractals for a very long time, I like the changes they did to streamline and fix the multiple year old exploits and tediousness of some parts, cliffside is faster with less cheesing needed, the chaos fractal is kinda neat and they finally figured out what to do with mossman by sticking him in a tiny room with flat walls and cutting his health by 90% and bloomhungers fight keeps you mobile so you don't just fall asleep during it.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Well I got the missing recipe problem solved!

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Does anyone else have frequent crashing issues? My PC isn't old, and GW is the only game that breaks poo poo for no reason. I'm running the 64-bit client on WX, 16gb ram, fps capped at 60. Every complaint I find is like 9 months old, and there's never a real resolution to the problem... people just stop posting in whatever thread was created for the issue.

The only thing I've seen a few times was related to the game capping at 4gb ram use, and if it tries to go over it breaks. I've literally begun quitting Steam and Bnet before playing, ensuring nothing else is opened that I control like Chrome or a media player.

I crashed after organizing and beginning a Modniir Ulgoth group last night which took like 30 minutes of broadcasting and nonsense. Did the whole quest chain, got Modniir to 10%, GAME BROKEN, loaded into a different map instance, did not receive credit for the kill and most importantly did not get the god drat mistward drop. I've been having this crashing issue for a little while, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back and caused me to post on the internet about it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Crashes stopped for me when I got the 64 bit client but came back with the latest patch, I heard repairing the client can help which is something I'm going to try later.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I've tried repairing it, completely uninstalling it from my second drive and installing fresh to my SSD primary, repairing it again after a fresh install, completely cleaning my graphics drivers and installing new ones. I don't know what's going to fix this problem but it's so annoying.

It wasn't crashing before HoT when I first started playing, and I haven't found a specific reason for the crashes. Sometimes it'll happen shortly after I've begun playing and am exploring a pretty quiet zone, other times it'll crash in the middle of LA. I've done some pretty intense fights like teq with a full screen of people throwing poo poo and casting all day, so it's not just a population related issue. I've turned my graphic settings all the way to minimum, all the way up. Nothing seems to cause or prevent the issue.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Arus sent me a bunch of cheeseburgers once and it was probably that same stack except it wasn't a full stack because I think he ate like 50 of them much like he would irl.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nickhimself posted:

Does anyone else have frequent crashing issues? My PC isn't old, and GW is the only game that breaks poo poo for no reason. I'm running the 64-bit client on WX, 16gb ram, fps capped at 60. Every complaint I find is like 9 months old, and there's never a real resolution to the problem... people just stop posting in whatever thread was created for the issue.

The only thing I've seen a few times was related to the game capping at 4gb ram use, and if it tries to go over it breaks. I've literally begun quitting Steam and Bnet before playing, ensuring nothing else is opened that I control like Chrome or a media player.

I crashed after organizing and beginning a Modniir Ulgoth group last night which took like 30 minutes of broadcasting and nonsense. Did the whole quest chain, got Modniir to 10%, GAME BROKEN, loaded into a different map instance, did not receive credit for the kill and most importantly did not get the god drat mistward drop. I've been having this crashing issue for a little while, but this was the straw that broke the camel's back and caused me to post on the internet about it.

Do you mean Windows 10 by "WX"? If your ram usage is capping at 4GB, are you positive you're on the 64-bit client? I haven't had a single crash since switching to it back when it came out.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. gently caress Hearts and Minds in the ear.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Do you mean Windows 10 by "WX"? If your ram usage is capping at 4GB, are you positive you're on the 64-bit client? I haven't had a single crash since switching to it back when it came out.

Yes, Windows 10. I'm 100% positive it's the 64-bit client

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

Bieeardo posted:

Holy poo poo. gently caress Hearts and Minds in the ear.

Take someone with you, way easier.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nickhimself posted:

Yes, Windows 10. I'm 100% positive it's the 64-bit client

Hmmm. Any kind of error or other behaviour when crashing? Screen artifacts? Sound buzzing? System lockups?

Post a screenshot of task manager while the game is running too, to check the resource limit you're saying.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

Absolutely zero tells outside of the "GAME CRASHED WANNA SEND A REPORT????" dialog box that pops up. No artifacts, weird sounds, anything. It just breaks.

There's a screen of the taskmanager

one important item of note may be that GW2 just loaded up like five minutes prior to this capture so I'll play a bit longer and see how the memory situation looks

edit: okay, next time it happens I will

nickhimself fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Aug 1, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

^^^ yeah next time it happens pastebin the error, it explains exactly what happened.

Ohhh it's an actual gw2 crash message/error! Pastebin that poo poo.

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 1, 2016

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The game runs fine on GNU/Linux.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I miss your old avatar nilgoow, it was a good one

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

I have a sickness

Please send help

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

After the gliding skills I went straight for the 10,000 bloodstone ore node, it gives 3 rubies a day which will add up over time, I'd probably skip glide skills 3 and 4 until I had a overflow of unbound magic if I had to do it again.

If you need rubies, check bloodfen LFG for jade construct events, you'll get a bunch of gold, unbound magic and 4-6 rubies a run.

Agreed, glide skills 3 and 4 are completely skippable. 2 really only needed if you like breaking cc bars. 5 I definitely recommend.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Schpyder posted:

I have a sickness

Please send help
the only help i can offer is the advice this discard such useless items

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

You could try selling those gifts but then you'd need to wvw

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Yeah, I've had two crashes with the latest patches as well on the 64bit client. Odd, it's been super-stable since launch for me.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Schpyder posted:

I have a sickness

Please send help

I'm sorry, but it's terminal. ArenaNet is going to banish you to a map that can never be completed in order to quarantine the infection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Schpyder posted:

I have a sickness

Please send help

Make 25 Twilights

• Locked thread