Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

janssendalt posted:

Hey guys, is it possible to trade OG Pokemons and bring them over to Pokemon X?

You can transfer forward from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green to Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver, using the GBA slot in a DS. If you have two DSes, you can transfer from those games to Black, White, Black 2, or White 2.

From those, you can transfer (one-way) to Pokemon Bank, and then withdraw them in X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire.

If you have Red, Blue, or Yellow on 3DS Virtual Console, sometime between now and the release of Sun and Moon, Pokemon Bank will be upgraded to add support for those games. This will also be a one-way transfer. You will be able to withdraw them to Sun and Moon; it's unclear if you will also be able to withdraw them to X, Y, or OR/AS. Probably not.

So, basically, if you've got a GBA or DS game, there's a way to transfer forward to the current 3DS ones. If you've got the Game Boy ones on Virtual Console, there will be a way to transfer forward to the upcoming 3DS ones. However, there's no way to transfer from the old Game Boy cartridges (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, or Crystal) to the GBA ones, and thus no way to get them into X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Bongo Bill posted:

You can transfer forward from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, and Leaf Green to Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver, using the GBA slot in a DS. If you have two DSes, you can transfer from those games to Black, White, Black 2, or White 2.

From those, you can transfer (one-way) to Pokemon Bank, and then withdraw them in X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire.

If you have Red, Blue, or Yellow on 3DS Virtual Console, sometime between now and the release of Sun and Moon, Pokemon Bank will be upgraded to add support for those games. This will also be a one-way transfer. You will be able to withdraw them to Sun and Moon; it's unclear if you will also be able to withdraw them to X, Y, or OR/AS. Probably not.

So, basically, if you've got a GBA or DS game, there's a way to transfer forward to the current 3DS ones. If you've got the Game Boy ones on Virtual Console, there will be a way to transfer forward to the upcoming 3DS ones. However, there's no way to transfer from the old Game Boy cartridges (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, or Crystal) to the GBA ones, and thus no way to get them into X.

Put this in the new OP.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so what do you think the chances are of a gyarados that is actually dragon type in alola

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I am loving the regional Pokemon variants, especially ice Vulpix. Finally, I will use a Vulpix on my team! I have never used one before, despite liking Vulpix a great deal.

Also that dancing bird is amazing and I want all four of them.

GAH. I already don't have enough team slots to use everyone I want to use!

Honestly this person's idea:

Chieves posted:

I'm now hoping that it's somehow feasible to do a whole new team with every island.

is a really good one. I might have to do this!

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

No, but a Pokemon can use any Z move if they know a move of the same type.

So depending on how Z moves turn out it's possible you could sacrifice a move slot to have access to it, but then again only once per battle.

Wait, holy poo poo, does this count for status moves too? Could Wobbuffet get its first actual attack? Let alone all the possibilities that opens up for certain Pokemon to get some weirdly typed attacks.

Maybe Flareon will finally be usable :shobon:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

nerdbot posted:

Maybe Flareon will finally be usable :shobon:

Game Freak will make Flareon the only mon who can't use Z-moves.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I was one of those people who thought Gumshoos looked like Trump

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I'm kinda curious about the possibility of Fire Marrowak, myself. Those guys have been among my favorite Ground types since Gen 1 and I'd like to see them someday become good, like Ninetales might possibly be.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I guess there's still no way to manage more than one pokemon save? I just finished X, and now I kinda wanna start over with a Wonder Trade-only run. But I don't wanna wipe out all the progress from my main save, either.

Is my only good option to use the pokemon bank to stash away all my current stuff and restart?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i see both simultaneously

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Attestant posted:

I guess there's still no way to manage more than one pokemon save? I just finished X, and now I kinda wanna start over with a Wonder Trade-only run. But I don't wanna wipe out all the progress from my main save, either.

Is my only good option to use the pokemon bank to stash away all my current stuff and restart?

yea you have to just offload all of your pokemon somewhere if you want to keep them, tho your items will be gone if you use the bank

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Geostomp posted:

I'm kinda curious about the possibility of Fire Marrowak, myself. Those guys have been among my favorite Ground types since Gen 1 and I'd like to see them someday become good, like Ninetales might possibly be.

This is me but with Alola Sandslash.

Ninetales was OU for all of gen V so it already had its time in the Sun (both literally and figuratively).

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea you have to just offload all of your pokemon somewhere if you want to keep them, tho your items will be gone if you use the bank

Huh, so all megastones etc would have to be reacquired?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bank doesn't hold items, just pokemon

you'd have to trade them over directly from one game to another. like if you have oras and a friend that's willing to let you use their 3ds for a bit you could save them, but not with the bank

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Attestant posted:

Huh, so all megastones etc would have to be reacquired?

Yep.

kirbyabc
Mar 2, 2004
:-)

Nessa posted:

Not if it becomes wrassle cat.

Also, I'd rather it have proportions closer to Litleo, but be a floofy tiger cub instead.

I want Raja, from Aladdin as a Pokemon.

shiny raja color scheme:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I think it's really lame that Rowlet turns into this stupid looking humanoid owl archer thing. It's extremely dumb and stupid and bad. Why can't an adorable owl just stay an owl? Owls are really sweet! I love owls and I really wanted a majestic owl final evolution! Why does it have to turn into an overdone humanoid? I hope the archer owl is an early concept sketch and has been canned, but I doubt that's happened. It's a shame. What a waste of one of the absolute cutest initial starter designs in Pokemon's history. :argh:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Do you think he would be friends with Hawlucha?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Killer Queen posted:

I think it's really lame that Rowlet turns into this stupid looking humanoid owl archer thing. It's extremely dumb and stupid and bad. Why can't an adorable owl just stay an owl? Owls are really sweet! I love owls and I really wanted a majestic owl final evolution! Why does it have to turn into an overdone humanoid? I hope the archer owl is an early concept sketch and has been canned, but I doubt that's happened. It's a shame. What a waste of one of the absolute cutest initial starter designs in Pokemon's history. :argh:

Archer Owl is my friend

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

this is probably the second best set of starter final evos after gen 4, all of which were gold

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Killer Queen posted:

:yeah:

oddium posted:

this is probably the second best set of starter final evos after gen 4, all of which were gold

Good starters: gen I, II, III, IV, V, VI (minus Chesnaught)
Bad starters: gen VII

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Owl Hood is good and cool looking and I will fight you if you think otherwise.

That said I kinda want the WrastleCat even though I don't want another Fire/Fighting.

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Are version exclusive Pokemon still around for both games? Aside from the main one on the cover. I honestly haven't played one of these for like 15 years, but I'm pretty excited about these new games.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

iroguebot posted:

Are version exclusive Pokemon still around for both games? Aside from the main one on the cover. I honestly haven't played one of these for like 15 years, but I'm pretty excited about these new games.

Presumably, as that's a series "thing," but with online trading, it's trivially easy to get your opposite exclusives. Not to mention breeding.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

iroguebot posted:

There are, but they are a lot more tame in comparison. In X/Y you could circumvent version exclusives (sans Legendary) using the Friend Safari zones.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It's probably been said already but I decided that WrastleCat should be named John Purina.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's probably been said already but I decided that WrastleCat should be named John Purina.

I'm stealing this name. Thank you.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

lezard_valeth posted:

In X/Y you could circumvent version exclusives (sans Legendary) using the Friend Safari zones.

That doesn't fly when it comes to Clauncher/Clawitzer and Skrelp/Dragalge.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Anybody have the images of the starter evos? Missed them

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How about a fairy type Dragonite, and a ground type Pikachu, and a flying type Dugtrio.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
chesnaught is cool and my friend

it looks like popplio is gonna stay a rookie forever

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Calaveron posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'm flipping out thinking of aloha formes like above-ground dugtrio

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

greatn posted:

How about a fairy type Dragonite, and a ground type Pikachu, and a flying type Dugtrio.

how about a salt-type greatn

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

less laughter posted:

:yeah:

Good starters: gen I, II, III, IV, V, VI (minus Chesnaught)
Bad starters: gen VII

Look at this wrong opinion. Gen II was known for some of the worst starters, Gen V starters are all pretty underwhelming (I do like Samurott, but he's not the best Water type around even in Unova).

Delphox was boring as hell and rightfully gets no attention. Chesnaught has always been a great part of my team thanks to its ridiculous movepool and stats. It's no Greninja, but it's easily a (distant) second best of the Kalos starters.

As for Gen VII, we don't know dick about them aside from a leak that seems real.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Calaveron posted:

Not 100% confirmed.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I hate water monster

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Reinanigans posted:

Not 100% confirmed.

Nyandre is kinda growing on me, but the mermaid is still pretty unfitting. Robin Hoot seems to be the favored for my choice this November.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

oddium posted:

i'm flipping out thinking of aloha formes like above-ground dugtrio

Poliwrath and Clefable that actually look different from Poliwhirl and Clefairy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the more i look at nyandre... yes !! yes !! i'm gonna have to bank and restart to get the owl and the cat

• Locked thread