Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
The fact that they automatically re-ban cheaters when they buy a new copy is glorious and amazing and it makes me laugh. That's the price for being dumb enough to cheat, let alone do it despite multiple warnings this was coming and this not being the first banwave. Seeing some of the responses pop up from said people through various outlets is fantastic. It's so funny how quickly the internet tough guy persona starts rearing its ugly head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Is Duck and Cover banned? He defended the cheaters and seemed pretty angry.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Manatee Cannon posted:

that'd be kinda lame since people that just happen to be higher level will have a much harder time getting the new boxes, plus at a certain point you literally can't get boxes anymore because you hit the level cap. that'll take a really long time and only matter for a few people, sure, but that's still something they'd have to take into account

it'd be better if they have a separate event exp bar for the new boxes so everyone starts at the same point

Is there an actual level cap? Once you hit level 100, you start over from level 1, and you get a star under your name. AFAIK the experience cost per loot box goes back down to what it was at level 1, too.

Also, the experience cost plateaus at 22000 once you hit level 20 or 25 and remains there until level 100, so for the vast majority of your playtime, the cost will be the same.

Phenotype fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 2, 2016

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

Phenotype posted:

AFAIK the experience cost per loot box goes back down to what it was at level 1, too.

It does.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
Well I love BMX Reaper and I just want that sticker. I don't care about anything else.

Also I managed to drop down from 38 to 30 on comp and then down to 29 last night. I'm not the worst player and I do really well in QP, so I give up. Bring on rank 19 I guess!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Phenotype posted:

Is there an actual level cap? Once you hit level 100, you start over from level 1, and you get a star under your name. AFAIK the experience cost per loot box goes back down to what it was at level 1, too.

The game stops giving you unique profile icons after level 1220 I think? Thankfully there isn't a person whose gotten to the point where they can see what happens when you reach the very end of the level system.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Macaluso posted:

The people paying for another copy of the game and getting instantly banned because they cheated in the first place should probably not have cheated in the first place!!

Woah, let's not get hasty here. There's thousands of legitimate ways that this could have happened, like maybe they tripped, fell and accidentally installed a hack. Could happen to anyone. Could even happen to you. Are you willing to take that risk? Well? Are you?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

whatspeakyou posted:

The fact that they automatically re-ban cheaters when they buy a new copy is glorious and amazing and it makes me laugh. That's the price for being dumb enough to cheat, let alone do it despite multiple warnings this was coming and this not being the first banwave. Seeing some of the responses pop up from said people through various outlets is fantastic. It's so funny how quickly the internet tough guy persona starts rearing its ugly head.

There might be some legal recourse in that buying another licence to a product means that new license is subject to a new EULA condition? The people who engage in cheating though are more like to yell out for anonymous to help them like some kind of internet Batman though.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So, there's a limited amount of time to grind or pay for the new skins. Thats fine I suppose. The skins themselves aren't here for a limited time are they? I don't want to try and get them only for them to be pulled from the game when summer ends.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Theta Zero posted:

The game stops giving you unique profile icons after level 1220 I think? Thankfully there isn't a person whose gotten to the point where they can see what happens when you reach the very end of the level system.

Funnily enough, the highest level that I can see on Masteroverwatch is 679 now, so in 2-3 months someone will actually be past 1220 :negative:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Canemacar posted:

So, there's a limited amount of time to grind or pay for the new skins. Thats fine I suppose. The skins themselves aren't here for a limited time are they? I don't want to try and get them only for them to be pulled from the game when summer ends.

that would be really stupid to offer new skins that are temporary so no.

can't wait to buy dese lootboxes and after aug 22 see the tears of all the poor plebs who couldn't rock out with blonde bombshell zarya

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
RE: having to grind or buy.

What's the deal with the new skins? My work blocked Imgur so I can't see whatever it is you guys are working off of.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

LCL-Dead posted:

RE: having to grind or buy.

What's the deal with the new skins? My work blocked Imgur so I can't see whatever it is you guys are working off of.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Thanks much.

I'll buy a few, gently caress it.

btw: who is that in your av?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You'd have to spend quite a bit of money to get everything :stare:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea you're not getting everything, let's be real now

even if you did spend a lot of money since it only guarantees 1 summer thing according to that screenshot

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

You'd have to spend quite a bit of money to get everything :stare:

"buy a few"

There's no way I'd spend the kind of money required to raise my chances of landing all 90 something pieces of new stuff.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
The oforums are crying their sad eyes out over the new boxes :qq:

LCL-Dead posted:

btw: who is that in your av?
Hilary Knight

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
boxes are so slow to get for me now

blizzard knows how to squeeze some dollars out of me still

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Not gonna lie ill probably drop at least $60 on those summer boxes

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Why

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

The oforums are crying their sad eyes out over the new boxes :qq:

The oforums is a bunch of children though, it's to be expected. Mommy and daddy won't give over CC info for this poo poo.

If they do all seasonal/holiday stuff like this, pending they do holiday stuff, I won't mind it being like this. Pick up a few pieces each time, pending the game isn't dead in a year.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Not being able to use gold for them is pretty lovely though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LCL-Dead posted:

"buy a few"

There's no way I'd spend the kind of money required to raise my chances of landing all 90 something pieces of new stuff.

Yeah sorry I wasn't directing that towards you. It just occurred to me how much you'd have to spend to get everything.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Yeah sorry I wasn't directing that towards you. It just occurred to me how much you'd have to spend to get everything.

No worries.
Some sperg, somewhere, has already done it no doubt.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I wish I could get better at this game but instead I want to play almost every single hero (no Hanzo/Genji/Bastion though) so my ~15 hours logged are like 40 minutes with each one. :(

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Aug 2, 2016

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I really hope these boring Olympics skins aren't the only skins that we're supposed to be getting this summer. Would rather a beach party pack

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Andrast posted:

Not being able to use gold for them is pretty lovely though.

yea that's a bummer, glad I used the gold I'd been saving on ps4 when I got the pc version

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Lol. Those boxes are amazingly lovely. Pay real money only for a box in which only one item is guaranteed to be one of the new ones. And of those new ones, the majority are going to be sprays. Oh, and if you get a dupe, it gets redeemed for coins you cant get the new boxes with.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Canemacar posted:

Lol. Those boxes are amazingly lovely. Pay real money only for a box in which only one item is guaranteed to be one of the new ones. And of those new ones, the majority are going to be sprays. Oh, and if you get a dupe, it gets redeemed for coins you cant get the new boxes with.

Not an empty quote.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Ehud posted:

Let's say for argument that there's 1300 items total. E.g. 55 per character + 90 Olympic Games items.

It would take 325 boxes to get everything if every box was unique.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

lovely Wizard posted:

not purchasable with credits

gently caress

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

A SUMMER GAMES SKIN GUARANTEED!

or voice line whatever

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Also bummed I won't be getting swole Zarya. :smith:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Rio themed brawl: no headshots

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Canemacar posted:

I would be fine with it if you could spend gold on the new stuff or new boxes but yeah this is insanely greedy.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Because I hate money

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Juicin Russian Olympic Brawl: Zaryas & Anas only

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Haha, I originally read it as every item would be the new stuff and one was guaranteed to be a skin. I'd drop a tenner on that. But if 4/5 are going to be dupes and one is going to be a stupid spray, that's insanely dumb.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Canemacar posted:

They did it plenty of times in Warcraft. I have a dragon pet and tabard from the 2008 olympics you had to get lucky to get by playing PvP battlegrounds during a short window. They didn't bother putting it back in with any of the later Olympics. I could totally see these being a one and done, so good luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm a loose cannon with too much money i'm gonna be buying like 100 of those fuckin boxes

edit: also yeah blizzard has never (as far as i can remember) pulled a cosmetic item from any of their games after people have gotten them. if you can get it, you keep it.

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Aug 2, 2016