Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

3.60 is the current patch right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ruggington posted:

3.60 is the current patch right

Yeah.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Ruggington posted:

i turned my vita on and my touch screen is hosed and it can barely detect taps and can't detect swipes at all

Wipe the screen and wash your hands.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

it was caused by the cheap-o charger i bought so i could actually start it up

please do not accuse me of poor vita hygiene ever again

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Ruggington posted:

The official cables are getting harder to find due to being out of print, as well.

I am happy I got 2 charging cables, so that if one broke, I could use the other.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Ruggington posted:

Sorry; I've been working with the company tablets lately. Every time someone else picks one up to use, they come back covered in grime with reports that "the buttons are hard to press". :smith:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I REALLY like the Ys games, though!

My problem with Seven is that there's a ton of loving party members and they expect me to make equipment for all of them or something. I heard you can rotate three sets of gear around as needed but it still sounds kind of obnoxious

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's been a few months since I played it but I don't remember the equipment system being nearly that onerous. Just buy everyone the best stuff you can afford?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ys Seven isn't very hard, I wouldn't sweat the equipment much unless you're actively finding enemies hard.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Slur posted:

The official cables are getting harder to find due to being out of print, as well.

I am happy I got 2 charging cables, so that if one broke, I could use the other.

i just have one that uses a regular micro usb, namaste harambe

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Literally The Worst posted:

I'll try this when I get home and report back

poo poo

works

flawlessly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh to follow up with the Ys VIII stuff, to the guy asking about costumes: there are going to be a variety of alternate costumes made and the first round was available day one but I didn't swap my Vita to my Japanese account. They're selling costumes for 300 yen a pop, everyone has one alternate right now (a pirate outfit) but they'll add more. So the costumes will be paid extras. Again, hopefully just bundled into the PS4 version later

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

poo poo

works

flawlessly

It has some issues with ff6 sometimes so I am going to try to port snesadvance hacks to snes9x-next tomorrow. catsfc's unstable games seem to be unstable for reasons besides speed

Someone just ported desmume from the 3ds to the Vita for some reason and made an abomination that chugs out DS games at 10fps.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Doctor Goat posted:

It has some issues with ff6 sometimes so I am going to try to port snesadvance hacks to snes9x-next tomorrow. catsfc's unstable games seem to be unstable for reasons besides speed

Someone just ported desmume from the 3ds to the Vita for some reason and made an abomination that chugs out DS games at 10fps.

lmao if ur not playing the gba version of six

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The music is worse

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

I don't think it works much better and also there's a romhack called brave new world that's only for the SNES version

it's 5 that you definitely want to play the GBA game for

edit: also for snes, turn off vsync, turn on frame limiter. the snes and vita have different frame limits and it will try to do audio stretching or something and it does a miserable job at it

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 2, 2016

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

tried the mGBA port. its ok visually, but the audio is borked.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's a fan patch that fixes the music (and colors) for the GBA ports of FF5 and 6.

It's not very difficult to find roms with those patches already applied.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah, but the music patch also adds this weird hiss noise int he background of the music

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The SNES version is perfectly fine and it seems like a lot of trouble to go to for 'Melton' and Siegfreid's name being spelled consistently.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

The SNES version is perfectly fine and it seems like a lot of trouble to go to for 'Melton' and Siegfreid's name being spelled consistently.

If by a lot if trouble you mean a single google search, sure.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Genesis emulation seems really good right now except for the sound, playing Sonic 3 the music chirps every like... 3 seconds? and it gets really annoying. I have the FPS counter on in the corner though and it's a solid 60 and the inputs feel right.

Also played CONTRA HARD CORPS which I only ever played as Probotector. Great game but so hard. Gunstar Heroes worked well too, and Shinobi 3, I couldn't tell if the music was dropping out with those 2 because it's not burned into my head like Sonic Music

SNES wise - tried both Snes9x and the other one that was linked. Neither one is perfect right now, I found Super Mario World a bit laggy on one and it would drop inputs on the other. I'm sure it'll get better.

Neo Geo Pocket emulation works really well, but also I discovered Neo Geo pocket games were kind of lovely

A lot of other stuff is natively available on the Vita the more I think about it. Like I think you can play most Megaman games as PS1 classics.

I got really excited and showed my wife that I could play emulators on the vita and she said "Oh so you can play Mario on like the 7th thing you own now ok"

In Training posted:

Alright I finished Ys VIII and the final dungeon is rad with some of the better bosses in the game. There's a NG+ mode where you get to keep your equipment and level and change the difficulty, but in the NG+ screen there's something like 10 options you can toggle on and off that I have no idea what they are. They've talked about adding stuff like a boss rush and side stories with DLC in the coming year. The version of this game that has all that extra content, runs at 60fps and is playable on a TV is gonna be a fantastic PS4 game. Everybody can look forward to it Christmas 2017 :D

Nice, I'm actually excited for this now. Although yeah I'll wait for the PS4 english version because by 2017 I probably won't be able to find my vita

In Training posted:

Also none of the stories matter

THe Celceta story was especially dumb and every time I was forced into participating in it I wanted to go outside and beat up some monsters instead. Sorry here's some bad story you have to walk around the entire town to see.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Is there a way to keep saves if you delete a game from a memory card?

Also I just picked up Plus and have been playing Oreshika, and it's really fun. Is there anything I should know going in? I've just had my 3 starters die due to old age, so I'm not that far.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only way you can keep save are either uploading them to online storage (plus only) or backing up the whole game with content manager to PC or PS3.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Genesis emulation seems really good right now except for the sound, playing Sonic 3 the music chirps every like... 3 seconds? and it gets really annoying. I have the FPS counter on in the corner though and it's a solid 60 and the inputs feel right.

Also played CONTRA HARD CORPS which I only ever played as Probotector. Great game but so hard. Gunstar Heroes worked well too, and Shinobi 3, I couldn't tell if the music was dropping out with those 2 because it's not burned into my head like Sonic Music

Did you use the Retroarch emulator or the GenesisPlusGX one because one has busted rear end sound.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Neo Geo Pocket emulation works really well, but also I discovered Neo Geo pocket games were kind of lovely

What the gently caress!?

I got really excited and showed my wife that I could play emulators on the vita and she said "Oh so you can play Mario on like the 7th thing you own now ok"

That's pretty much how I feel whenever something gets opened up. The first thing everyone wants is emulating old systems. So passé now, for me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Fact: The Vita is made even better with the ability to play Card Fighters Clash.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Fact: The Vita is made even better with the ability to play Card Fighters Clash.

Oh poo poo, you got me there :doh:

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Is Valkyria Chronicles 2 worth a $5 download on PSN?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Elliotw2 posted:

Did you use the Retroarch emulator or the GenesisPlusGX one because one has busted rear end sound.

I think the second one. Should explain it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

SnatchRabbit posted:

Personally I don't think so but $5 is probably cheap enough that you could give a go because whatever, it's $5.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

SnatchRabbit posted:

It's a pretty big downgrade from the first, but I still think it's worth that much. I enjoyed it well enough, despite its problems.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nate RFB posted:

Personally I don't think so but $5 is probably cheap enough that you could give a go because whatever, it's $5.

Save your money so you can pick up the $90 Gal*Gun Double Peace DLC that lets you see through clothes.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/vita_thread_txt/status/759937790662447104

should i start posting about sound! euphonium

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Takoluka posted:

Save your money so you can pick up the $90 Gal*Gun Double Peace DLC that lets you see through clothes.

102 characters. You're welcome.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A lot of the creepy stuff got moved over to Senran Kagura General. That should be included in Vita_Thread.txt. The Neptunia general has been tame though.

Emergency Idea Factory infusion:

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/760160213806698496

Dehry fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 2, 2016

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
To even consider using one of those boob mousepads, I think I'd need either a lot more courage or a lot less self-respect. Or both.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

MisterAlex posted:

To even consider using one of those boob mousepads, I think I'd need either a lot more courage or a lot less self-respect. Or both.

Please don't shame arthritic otaku

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the hosed up part of those boob mousepads is they aren't even that comfortable or soft, they're made of really cheap material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

the hosed up part of those boob mousepads is they aren't even that comfortable or soft, they're made of really cheap material

fcked up