Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
pyrion can you really gently caress up those cushions

like go out tonight and eat a ton of baked beans and just ruin them for the furniture rental place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

With no sound :(

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
goddammit pflax stop breaking things :mad: can't let goons anywhere

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Khagan posted:

Oh my bad, I totally forgot the wild cards were held in the hotels.

The Twitch Chat Reporter Instagram hasn't been updated in a while I guess they aren't doing that again this year.

I thought that was a 2gd thing

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Bardeh posted:

With no sound :(

hahaha it still has sound for the graphics flying in

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khagan posted:

Oh my bad, I totally forgot the wild cards were held in the hotels.

The Twitch Chat Reporter Instagram hasn't been updated in a while I guess they aren't doing that again this year.

Wild card and group stages.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Goetta posted:

I thought that was a 2gd thing

He did the brunt of it but Sheever had some stuff on there too. I can see Flax and/or Slacks taking over that role this year.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
TI looking a lot more casual this year

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Brinner posted:

TI looking a lot more casual this year

it's wild cards, the suits are still getting tailored for next week

Khagan posted:

He did the brunt of it but Sheever had some stuff on there too. I can see Flax and/or Slacks taking over that role this year.

wasn't Twitch Chat Reporter a consequence of James getting burned out on being a Legitimate Host and just wanting to goof around? flax and slacks are on the official bill for TI6 so I can't really see them doing it

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
the youtube gaming stream is alternating between no sound, crackling sound, and severely out of sync sound :thumbsup:

Edit: Slacks still wearing a suit around 5 times too big

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 2, 2016

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
guys theres a girl what do we do now

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Majuju posted:

it's wild cards, the suits are still getting tailored for next week

wasn't Twitch Chat Reporter a consequence of James getting burned out on being a Legitimate Host and just wanting to goof around? flax and slacks are on the official bill for TI6 so I can't really see them doing it

I think Twitch or someone actually paid him to fly out there and do it iirc

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

lion cub really, synderen is a panda or a lemming or something else that dies often and meaninglessly

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I really, really, dislike Slacks.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
qojqva ate wayto. i can live with that as headcanon

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

"amalgulation"

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

and yes I know the disney thing was made up I am talking about the green-haired psygnosis characters JEEZ

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Burginator posted:

I really, really, dislike Slacks.

Meh, he did better than any host-type I've ever seen at the ESL or whatever it was, he's enthusiastic as gently caress and he's not afraid to touch smelly nerds, I'll take him over literally anyone else any day.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

id take slacks over charlie i think

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
On that note, why is Pflax a thing? He's clueless and his youtube videos are terrible. Is it just cause he looks vaguely like Karly Pilkoids, KP takes care of me, head like a loving orange, or what?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Radical posted:

id take slacks over charlie i think

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

pflax still posts on SA so i would place him above Larry David, but thats just me

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
for reasons i can only guess, both games are going on at once. http://twitch.tv/dota2ti_2 for EHOME vs execration
http://twitch.tv/dota2ti for COL vs Esc

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

how me a frog posted:

On that note, why is Pflax a thing? He's clueless and his youtube videos are terrible. Is it just cause he looks vaguely like Karly Pilkoids, KP takes care of me, head like a loving orange, or what?

gently caress you!

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Pflax is the jovial audience standin.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I really think much of the slacks hate is due to the fact that sunsfan is such a cretin. On his own slacks is just a goofy dude who is astoundingly comfortable on camera and clearly and openly engaging with whoever he's talking to, I dunno what more you could want other than him being an attractive petite korean woman, but that's just me. v:shobon:v

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

emdash posted:

for reasons i can only guess, both games are going on at once. http://twitch.tv/dota2ti_2 for EHOME vs execration

It's because there only is one day put aside for the wild cards.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

emdash posted:

I think the reason is this poo poo has to be over and done today as per the schedule?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i didnt realize petite korean woman was an option, can i change my vote

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

emdash posted:

Basically 4 BO3 series is generally the most you can fit into a tournament day and the wildcards are 5. Having the first two games run simultaneously just makes the schedule way simpler.

Edit:

quote:

I really think much of the slacks hate is due to the fact that sunsfan is such a cretin. On his own slacks is just a goofy dude who is astoundingly comfortable on camera and clearly and openly engaging with whoever he's talking to, I dunno what more you could want other than him being an attractive petite korean woman, but that's just me. vv

I've warmed to Slacks recently but dear lord fails of the week has got worse and worse. I've always enjoyed in in spite of Sunsfan but dear lord the last one had 5+min of them making "jokes" before any dota clips even happened.

Mainwaring fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 2, 2016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Kainser posted:

It's because there only is one day put aside for the wild cards.

it's 9:45am, there is no fathomable way they could not finish three best of 3s in ~12 hours. but whatever

oh nvm they are doing a giant retarded bracket for four teams. sorry, i thought this was a simple affair

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Radical posted:

i didnt realize petite korean woman was an option, can i change my vote

Have a look at the chinese casters in the compendium.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

how me a frog posted:

I really think much of the slacks hate is due to the fact that sunsfan is such a cretin. On his own slacks is just a goofy dude who is astoundingly comfortable on camera and clearly and openly engaging with whoever he's talking to, I dunno what more you could want other than him being an attractive petite korean woman, but that's just me. v:shobon:v

yeah whats happening here

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

how me a frog posted:

He was originally an unfunny reddit meme lord but maybe he has mellowed out a bit (I haven't watched dota stuff in a while)

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

emdash posted:

it's 9:45am, there is no fathomable way they could not finish three best of 3s in ~12 hours. but whatever

It's 5 bo3s.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
EHOME warlock :getin:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

emdash posted:

oh nvm they are doing a giant retarded bracket for four teams. sorry, i thought this was a simple affair

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
shut up about casters game is on

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

emdash posted:

Where are you getting three? I'm counting five. That's 5 x 3 x ~45 / 60 = 11.25 hours, assuming all series go to three series and assuming average game length is 45 minutes, but at the same time this is ignoring possible delays and technical difficulites as well as assuming one game starts as soon as the last ends, no time for drafting either. One thing that is certain is that they cannot delay the actual tournament because whoops we didn't get done with the wildcard games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

how me a frog posted:

Where are you getting three? I'm counting five. That's 5 x 3 x ~45 / 60 = 11.25 hours, assuming all series go to three series and assuming average game length is 45 minutes, but at the same time this is ignoring possible delays and technical difficulites as well as assuming one game starts as soon as the last ends, no time for drafting either. One thing that is certain is that they cannot delay the actual tournament because whoops we didn't get done with the wildcard games.

way too slow posting, dude

• Locked thread