Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
EMBOAR IS SO CUTE!! gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Bakalakadaka posted:

Your Starter Sucks

HECK NO!!!

Ice_Mallet
Feb 22, 2011

Chieves posted:

I'm now hoping that it's somehow feasible to do a whole new team with every island.

Sounds like a good gimmick to do, since there's too much good stuff this gen.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

i'm sorry that something bad happened inside your brain

The seal literally looks like a clown

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Gammatron 64 posted:

The seal literally looks like a clown

you literally are one sooooo?

also it looks like an opera mermaid which is great

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
People are being rude about Totodile in this thread and it is upsetting

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

People are being rude about Totodile in this thread and it is upsetting

Totodile owns and is sadly the only cool starter from Gen 2. Chikorita and Cindaquil suck.

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

you literally are one sooooo?

There's only one way for us to settle this.

Wrestling match.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I love my buddy K.Rool.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Golden Goat posted:

Maybe they're version specific.

That's also a plausible option, they already beta tested that idea in gen VI with the Charizardite.

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

there are no bad pokes, only bad people!!!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
So we're doing starter picks now? Fine

Gen 1: Squirtle all the way, but I'm okay with the other two, even if Charizard gets way too much hype.
Gen 2: Tototile. Not that any of the three are stellar.
Gen 3: Mudkip, though I have tried Treecko a few times even if its moves aren't good.
Gen 4: Turtwig because ankylosaur
Gen 5: Oshawott only. Snivy sucks and Tepig doesn't do it for me.
Gen 6: Chespin wins. I know drat well that Greninja blows it out of the water, but who cares, it's strong and tough enough to keep going no matter what. Plus it has an enormous movelist. I'm just sick of seeing the ninja frog.
Gen 7: TBD. Depends on what Rowlet and Poplio actually evolve into. If the leak is real, then Robin Hoot all the way.

Basically, never choose Fire.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 2, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

oshawott is the best starter

possibly even

the best pokemon

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Geostomp posted:

So we're doing starter picks now? Fine
We never stopped.

It's just a never ending argument forever cycling until we realize the one truth: All Pokes Are Good.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

On a whim, I caught a fansub of the latest episode of Pokemon that ended up on my YouTube recommendations. I don't know if anyone else watches this stuff, but if so, what was that poo poo Ash did with Greninja? At first I thought it was typical symbolism showing the trust and synergy that Ash has with his Pokemon, but they kinda made it seem like more than that? Can Ash fuse with his Pokemon now? Is that not considered cheating?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Usually it takes until a dry news period before the cyclical back and forth of opinions start. One day after a huge news dump is definitely impressive.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

GlitchThief posted:

On a whim, I caught a fansub of the latest episode of Pokemon that ended up on my YouTube recommendations. I don't know if anyone else watches this stuff, but if so, what was that poo poo Ash did with Greninja? At first I thought it was typical symbolism showing the trust and synergy that Ash has with his Pokemon, but they kinda made it seem like more than that? Can Ash fuse with his Pokemon now? Is that not considered cheating?

It's some special non-Mega Evolution thing they came up with that Ash can do with Greninja. Nobody knows why they didn't just give him some official Mega Greninja early instead.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

inside a heart-shaped locket around my neck the words "pokemon spirit fusion" are engraved....

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

GlitchThief posted:

Because of his strong bond with Greninja, Ash and Greninja are able to temporarily synchronize, making Greninja become Ash-Greninja and giving him a massive power boost. It also makes them move in unison, see what the other sees, and Ash takes damage.

So basically Ash-Greninja is Ash's Stand.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It's really bad. They wanted Ash to have a Mega to compete with the other Megas, but they forgot their rule about needing to showcase new monsters + Pikachu.

If they really wanted Ash to have a Mega, they could have brought back Charizard, Pidgeot, Heracross, Sceptile, or Glalie. Or hell, all five!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I think it's super silly and hope they throw it into the game.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Reinanigans posted:

If they really wanted Ash to have a Mega, they could have brought back Charizard, Pidgeot, Heracross, Sceptile, or Glalie. Or hell, all five!

Or his Gible, to evolve twice just as fast as Goodra did and then Mega Evolve into Mega Garchomp

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yeah but none of those pokes won the big "Best Pokemon" vote.

Greninja did. People love ninjas.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

less laughter posted:

Or his Gible, to evolve twice just as fast as Goodra did and then Mega Evolve into Mega Garchomp

In that case, add Bulbasaur and Squirtle too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

gible warp pokevolved to

megagarchompmon

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

gible warp pokevolved to

megagarchompmon

*Covers Garchomp in belts and zippers*

TA-DA!!!!

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Remember Wallace? He's back, in Pokemon form.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Geostomp posted:

I'm kinda curious about the possibility of Fire Marrowak, myself. Those guys have been among my favorite Ground types since Gen 1 and I'd like to see them someday become good, like Ninetales might possibly be.

Instead of a bone, fire Marowak will be holding one of those fire batons that fire dancers use.

Fire Cubone will just be holding a regular torch.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Team I'm planning on taking through S/M

WrassleCat
Hawlucha
Machamp
Medicham
Scrafty
Breloom

Team punchfuck

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I hope that leak about fighting-type Alakazam is real because I want to see an Alakazam with gym shorts and a dumbbell

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Brennan Williams got signed in for NXT yesterday as well so i'm naming my wrestlecat Brennan W, it will burn all the fools with inferior waifus and then Nico Nico Knee them.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Actually I wonder if re-typed mons who have mega will have new mega types

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Countblanc posted:

If one of the leaks is true then we'll find out when Fighting Alakazam arrives

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Countblanc posted:

I'm beginning to believe the rumors that megas are all gone, honestly.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

elemental punch alakazam is back in a big way

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sockser posted:

Team I'm planning on taking through S/M

WrassleCat
Hawlucha
Machamp
Medicham
Scrafty
Breloom

Team punchfuck

You forgot Bewear

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
all starters are good except bulbasaur, fenniken, chikorita, and snivy, in my opinion

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Zoran posted:

I'm beginning to believe the rumors that megas are all gone, honestly.

I doubt it, but at the very least primals are definitely gone, multiple free megas was the dumbest decision, all GF needs to do is not put the primal stones in S&M and that's it, you can't put items in the pokebank, just not giving the stones in the game is all you need to do. Which does apply to all Mega Stones.

I really don't think they'll get rid of Megas, but, well, they can and probably will get rid of some, like kanghaskhan, and if they did take out all Megas the game would be objectively better.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

less laughter posted:

You forgot Bewear

He doesn't punch, he hugs

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Countblanc posted:

He doesn't punch, he hugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o71EgSPQXhg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So why did gamefreak make it so like four generations of games had the exact same fire fighting typing for a beginner

• Locked thread