Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
id make Duncan press secretary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

magiccarpet posted:

ah, the long gone days of swiftboating

Even republicans call dirty unethical attacks "swiftboating" which makes me wonder why we all had to live through it .

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Purple Heart thing is, like, a DAY after the New York Times did a story on how dodgy his medical deferment was.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

The Purple Heart thing is, like, a DAY after the New York Times did a story on how dodgy his medical deferment was.

:mmmhmm:

incidentally the "m" distribution in this emoticon makes no loving sense

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Benny D posted:

Listening to Donald in Virginia, does anyone know where he got this "22 veteran suicides a day" number from? I've heard one a day and that seems extreme but uh... 8000 a year??

Department of veterans affairs looking at 1999-2010 found 22 per day, but remember that's out of everyone alive who had ever served in the military, no matter what their age or when or how they served. Roughly 15 out of every 22 were over the age of 50. That rate is not substantially different than the rate for males overall.

There are 21.8 million veterans in the US.

misty mountaintop fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 2, 2016

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My new favorite Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/760526530695028736

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/760526544876015616

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/760526575184019456

https://twitter.com/onlxn/status/760534570265616384

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Has anyone else noticed that Obama almost never says trumps name. He always refers to him as "their candidate" or nominee or something it's pretty funny

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Slate Action posted:

Since I haven't done this in a while...

RCP national average, August 2nd, 2008: Obama 46.5, McCain 43.9 (O +2.6)
RCP national average, August 2nd, 2012: Obama 47.4, Romney 44.4 (O +3.0)
RCP national average, August 2nd, 2016: Clinton 46.4, Trump 42.0 (C +4.4)

Note that in 08 and 12 the conventions hadn't happened yet.

Just for funsies, here's the same info from five days after the second convention each year:

RCP national average, September 9th, 2008: Obama 46.9, McCain 43.9 (O +3.6)
RCP national average, September 11th, 2012: Obama 49.0, Romney 45.5 (O +3.5)
RCP national average, August 2nd, 2016: Clinton 46.4, Trump 42.0 (C +4.4)

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Slate Action posted:

Trump just now: "I love babies"

checkmate libs

e: "only kidding, you can get that crying baby out of here"

:vince:

LITERALLY CAN'T KEEP UP WITH THIS poo poo ANYMORE

he's at a rally? Insulting babies?

How the gently caress doesn't his staff have him in Lecter on wheels getup already? Is Paul Manafort deliberating between a taser and just tackling him the gently caress down

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYOA_ciyS6c

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Ape of Naples posted:

Any Republican that comes out on Trumps side is just jockeying for a place in his cabinet.

That implies that they sincerely think he has a chance. I guess they also might be lining up for a host spot on his television network.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

zoux posted:

Like if you were just hiring for the job of "president" and weren't taking any political ideologies or bents into account, by what possible metric is DJT more qualified for HRC. Who do we trust more to address the nation after a shooting, or make a toast at a white tie state dinner, or anyone of the innumerable things that a president does day to day that don't have anything to do with lawmaking? I've sure as poo poo opposed every GOP presidential candidate in my lifetime, but I never felt that they couldn't do the job.

Trump would have a very easy time making toasts.

"Here's to Trump [Commodity], the best [commodity]."

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Squizzle posted:

oh jinkies a goon administration would own

White House Chief of Staff Joementum
evilweasel for SCOTUS :hehe:
migf as the reek
give the front row of seats in the press room to fyad
secdef caro
secstate baloogan

just thinking out loud here, but i'm in favor

I'm guessing Lowtax would be President and Zack Parsons or Radium would be VP?

I call being Director of the CIA! :cool:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

misty mountaintop posted:

Department of veterans affairs looking at 1999-2010 found 22 per day, but remember that's out of everyone alive who had ever served in the military, no matter what their age or when or how they served. Roughly 15 out of every 22 were over the age of 50. That rate is not substantially different than the rate for males overall.

Thanks that makes more sense

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
If we're still working on a goon administration, I wan to be head of the Strategic Helium Reserve.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Trump would have a very easy time making toasts.

"Here's to Trump [Commodity], the best [commodity]."

I don't think he can do anything right. How does a politician fail at kissing babies? It's like watching a man claiming to have three Michelin stars gently caress up scrambled eggs.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

William Bear posted:

So is this just going to go on until Election Day? McConnell and Ryan condemning every individual thing Trump says, every day, while still not retracting their endorsement? That just isn't sustainable. Something has to give.

It has been two months to the day since Ryan endorsed Trump. There's three months until election day. Nothing needs to give, this is entirely sustainable by the GOP, and this is exactly what their plan is.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol, I'm hype to watch every reporter on my feed RT this like "he's not wrong"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/760538951581130754

gregday
May 23, 2003

One of the best things about this election is that years down the road we can point and laugh at the GOP and say "yeah but lol you nominated Trump"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

zoux posted:

I don't think he can do anything right. How does a politician fail at kissing babies? It's like watching a man claiming to have three Michelin stars gently caress up scrambled eggs.

Paul Manafort is on the phone to Gordon Ramsay begging him to come salvage Trump's campaign as we speak.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

sector_corrector posted:

That implies that they sincerely think he has a chance. I guess they also might be lining up for a host spot on his television network.

uh well none of the ones who're coming out forcefully for him currently have any prospects except maybe jail

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I stopped to have a beer after work and catch up on Trump a long while ago

He's literally creating new poo poo for me in real time to follow, this thread has grown by like 10 pages

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sector_corrector posted:

It's more that the likes of Newt and Christie and Giuliani are out of options.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

gregday posted:

One of the best things about this election is that years down the road we can point and laugh at the GOP and say "yeah but lol you nominated Trump"

I hope there are serious electoral consequences for the cowardice displayed by the GOP this cycle but :razz:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/PaulManafort/status/760524289720324096

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

id make Duncan press secretary

im white house communications director gopstomper58. i first started reading state of the union speeches when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "statesmanship" and tried to channel it constantly, until my

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

[from within the pocket of a Moscow aluminum magnate] did u kno, clinton is correupt???

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DarkCrawler posted:

I stopped to have a beer after work and catch up on Trump a long while ago

He's literally creating new poo poo for me in real time to follow, this thread has grown by like 10 pages

This. I can't keep up. Every time I think I have some reply I just go "gently caress it, by the time I hit submit we'll be onto a new thing"

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zoux posted:

The Other Nate on why HRC's convention bounce might persist
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/760534624510550017

Nice unskewing

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Please clap.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zoux posted:

Paul Ryan to The Guy currently lurking sheepishly in the doorway in his office "What'd he do now, insult a baby?"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zoux posted:

lol, I'm hype to watch every reporter on my feed RT this like "he's not wrong"

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/760538951581130754

Meanwhile trump dropkicks a baby on camera and they say "some people are reporting that trump may or may not like children"

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Manafort, you dumb gently caress, why would you want to keep bringing up any Russia ties!

I bet Manafort gets fired before the election.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In fact every network covered it, well, except for one.

Al! posted:

Meanwhile trump dropkicks a baby on camera and they say "some people are reporting that trump may or may not like children"

Last week I saw some reporter chiding the Clinton campaign and saying "at least Trump is more transparent" like, are you loving kidding me? The guy who is yanking press credentials?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Boosted_C5 posted:

I'm sure this will not at all help the Trump narrative that the media is biased trash.

Problem is that no one really gives a gently caress about the Trump narrative anymore except the hat wearers who are already voting for him. He's just coming off as a complete buffoon now and everyone is having fun with it as his numbers decline. The media narrative is that he's an idiot and given how he'll react to that it's probably not going to be pretty. Sorry.

He knows he's lost or he wouldn't be pre-emptively whining about the polls being rigged. But thankfully he won't go down with any kind of dignity, so at least the latest idiocy is entertaining.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I wonder if Trump could stop whining and crying like a baby for five loving minutes

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

docbeard posted:

Paul Manafort is on the phone to Gordon Ramsay begging him to come salvage Trump's campaign as we speak.

We finally found an organization run worse than Amy's Baking Company!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Lemming posted:

I wonder if Trump could stop whining and crying like a baby for five loving minutes

the baby triggered him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lemming posted:

And we thought all the cowering socially anxious IBS having Red Pillers were nuts when they thought that Trump represented who they were.

• Locked thread