Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

el B posted:

I hope they don't try to pack in too much content with this new dlc.

The tables can only handle so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The tables can only handle so much.

They many only support modern consoles now, but that DB is still so very legacy.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Roman posted:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/08/02/september-cover-revealed-destiny-rise-of-iron-77532.aspx

- reinvention of the artifact item slot, which now serves to provide a game-changing ability to be combined with your subclass and gear selections

How much you wanna bet that there's some kind of remapping where it just acts like an exotic and "grants shadestep" or something similar so people can just break the game even more with stacked perk tree abilities

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

How much you wanna bet that there's some kind of remapping where it just acts like an exotic and "grants shadestep" or something similar so people can just break the game even more with stacked perk tree abilities

:dong:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

haveblue posted:

I can only assume that's Bungie internal game-design-speak for "crucible map".
no it looks like it might be like POE, or some kind of dreadnaught style public event maybe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Ah, OK, missed that. Forgot that PoE was originally described as "an arena" since it's been the only one in the game for over a year now.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

haveblue posted:

Kill people and they drop colored pickups? Player "seized a Crest"?

full loot crucible :getin:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

some new gameinformer info:

-Festival of the Lost is returning in October
-SRL in December ("expanded" but no details)
-still max level 40 but light will be 385 and will max at 400 when hard raid launches
-ROI Record Book for tracking and extra rewards
-Archon’s Forge is an "arena event"
-"Ornaments, a new aesthetic customization feature that allows players to enhance the geometry and appearance of individual armor pieces, as well as change the appearance of exotic weapons"

Regarding the new artifacts:

quote:

While players can still use and infuse older artifacts, Rise of Iron introduces eight brand new artifacts that are class agnostic, and able to be freely used with any class and subclass.
A new character named Tyra Karn is the centerpiece for Guardians looking to acquire the new Iron Lord artifacts. She sends players out into the Plaguelands to commit mighty deeds in memory of the Iron Lords – a task that should be pretty straightforward for anyone who engages with the new content. Upon completing that task, you gain an item called the Iron Lords’ Legacy, which in turn can be used to acquire one of three artifacts Tyra has on offer in any given week. Over the course of eight weeks or more of play, you should be able to acquire all eight new artifacts.
Each of these artifacts has a game-changing ability attached to it. One offers the option to melee enemy units and gain their allegiance for a short time. A second artifact eliminates your super, but gives you two grenades, two melees, and an increase in all your stats. Each of the artifacts can be combined with exotic weapons and armor, as well as subclasses, to create new and interesting build options.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

quote:

For instance, Jolder tended to charge headlong into danger, so her artifact eliminates the sprint recharge delay.

:laugh:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

predicting that will be the most used artifact

(the Jolder thing, not the laughing dog)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Oh btw this is the info hub http://www.gameinformer.com/p/riseofiron.aspx

and somehow i missed that the issue cover art shows the titan wearing whats basically a Dragonborn helm

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2016/08/02/september-cover-revealed-destiny-rise-of-iron-77532.aspx

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Year 3 thorn lol

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Roman posted:

predicting that will be the most used artifact

(the Jolder thing, not the laughing dog)

I'm legit excited for this expansion now

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

actionjackson posted:

Year 3 thorn lol
thorn is balanced now, for serious

can't wait for them to bring it back then overpower it again somehow

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

actionjackson posted:

Year 3 thorn lol

They already brought back Gjallerhorn. It's going to be full nostalgia until Destiny 2

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would have preferred them consolidate perks and get rid of the garbage perks then move the new buffs to those slots but hey, new stuff is cool too.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Hopefully "Arena Event" is something like a proper horde mode, or just a player trigger-able 'enemies moving against each other' type thing.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
oh cool look titans have received gear that doesn't look like poo poo for the first time since like y1

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

oh cool look titans have received gear that doesn't look like poo poo for the first time since like y1

Don't worry, they'll gently caress it up by making all the cool stuff blue quality only. The raid gear will be the PoE set but with RED LASER ROPES.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

people already bitching about the 5 campaign missions because they are idiots who forgot TTK had 8 campaign missions and a billion extra missions after you finished Regicide

also raid gear and Trials gear here
https://twitter.com/DestinyNews_net/status/760532428272365568

Roman fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Aug 2, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Roman posted:

people already bitching about the 5 campaign missions because they are idiots who forgot TTK had 8 campaign missions and a billion extra missions after you finished Regicide

The fact that there are more than 0 people who care about how many single player campaign missions Bungie puts in an expansion is really sad.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
8 basic campaign missions, at least another dozen missions across all the Taken War quests and the Fallen Mars questline, a bunch more in the exotic quests, stuff to do on patrol...

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

"Iron Banner tournaments no longer demand specific gear to maximize XP."

"Pick up enemy crests in Supremacy to score, or deny score by grabbing ally crests."

Artifacts: https://twitter.com/MoreConsole/status/760537390528200708

"The new Khvostov exotic has more customization options than any weapon in the game"
https://twitter.com/DestinyNews_net/status/760537948714573825
Full auto, burst, or semi-auto. Even change the rounds per minute!
https://twitter.com/DestinyNews_net/status/760544086717759488

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Roman posted:

Good plan, drape warlocks in egg cartons so we can't hear them anymore.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

That exotic AR looks p cool

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Roman posted:

Dick towel.com over here

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Roman posted:

"The new Khvostov exotic has more customization options than any weapon in the game"

If it doesn't have the cracked reticle

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Digging the exotic Khostov.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Really hope I dont need an OG khostov for that

Roman posted:

"Pick up enemy crests in Supremacy to score, or deny score by grabbing ally crests."

So its either kill confirmed or head hunter

PLEASE BE HEADHUNTER

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

oh he wasn't kidding btw:

actionjackson posted:

Year 3 thorn lol

note that one of the new artifacts "dramatically reduces" DOT

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Warlock raid gear looks dope. Like they attached a synthesizer to the front.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
'all new trials gear' is just old trials gear with doodads on it but i'm ok with it

new khvostov is cool

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like how the Titan butt towel is now a full on loincloth.

Glad about that IB change.

I do wonder what they'll do about SRL, the parts that ruined it were the first place requirements and the awful player collision physics. The first one can easily be tweaked away, the second would take more extensive work that I'm not sure they'll bother to do for a fringe mode like that.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also one of those gun ornaments better be a kill tracker

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

haveblue posted:

I do wonder what they'll do about SRL, the parts that ruined it were the first place requirements and the awful player collision physics. The first one can easily be tweaked away, the second would take more extensive work that I'm not sure they'll bother to do for a fringe mode like that.
“When we talk about SRL coming back, it’ll probably be wrapped in a different style, not just focused around SRL,” says live team director Jerry Hook. “Because some of the stuff that we learned from our players around the Sparrow Racing League is that some people didn’t like racing. So, can you do something with the event that helps support those players a little bit differently? Absolutely.”

So maybe there's going to be more than just pure racing, or it will be like an triathalon, or an olympics with different events to choose from

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Roman posted:

“When we talk about SRL coming back, it’ll probably be wrapped in a different style, not just focused around SRL,” says live team director Jerry Hook. “Because some of the stuff that we learned from our players around the Sparrow Racing League is that some people didn’t like racing. So, can you do something with the event that helps support those players a little bit differently? Absolutely.”

So maybe there's going to be more than just pure racing, or it will be like an triathalon, or an olympics with different events to choose from

Let the people who want to race race and let the people who dont want to race fire rocket launchers at them

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
make one of the events me killing other people in the crucible

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

Let the people who want to race race and let the people who dont want to race fire rocket launchers at them

No, needs to be sidecar sparrows Mayhem style.

e: and add a blue shell mechanic so the loving weirdo adregan's of the world don't obliterate the rest of lineup. :v:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

No sprint lock shoulder charge lets GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

per Datto:

quote:

Strike uniques are getting a revamp: You have a chance to get a key after a strike. Strike Hoards are chests that spawn after a strike. You can use the key in ANY strike to open the chest and get one of the strike unique items. Pretty cool, makes hunting a bit easier.

• Locked thread