Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Papercut posted:

That's what the description says. Presumably at least one rio item, not one and only one.

And it will be a spray that looks dumb

I"m assuming rarity goes just like sprays/emotes/skins/etc now, and these new skins will be legendary, so you're a dummy dumb dumb if you buy a special loot box, because the odds are 1 in 4 of what they were with the standard set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
overwatch is rocket league now

edit: also you get the summer crates by playing the new soccer mode. calm down.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'm like 10 levels from prestige, I need to get there asap so I can get a bunch of quick easy Olympic boxes.

E: look like the skins are purple tier, btw. At least that's what I'm seeing on seagull's stream

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Wasn't there already a Rio skin in the game, Roadhog's Pigpen

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Lol bastion has a rock em sock em robots emote

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
So, wait. The new skins are only available from the Rio Olympics lootboxes, right?

Are "regular" lootboxes "Rio-themed" for the duration of the Olympics, or are those only the pay-for ones?

tl;dr: can I get the new skins via regular play and luck, or just paying (and having luck)?

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

red plastic cup posted:

overwatch is rocket league now

edit: also you get the summer crates by playing the new soccer mode. calm down.

Just from playing the game? Or from winning?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Please call it by it's proper name, Lucioball

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2016/08/01/celebrate-overwatchs-summer-games-from-today-with-lcioball/

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Edmond Dantes posted:

So, wait. The new skins are only available from the Rio Olympics lootboxes, right?

Are "regular" lootboxes "Rio-themed" for the duration of the Olympics, or are those only the pay-for ones?

tl;dr: can I get the new skins via regular play and luck, or just paying (and having luck)?

Yeah, all boxes that drop during this period are Rio boxes. Seagull just got one for leveling up.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Lol, the new McCree "American" skin :911:

Woah, the Symmetra "ribbon" emote is pretty nice.

Bolivar fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Aug 2, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Papercut posted:

Yeah, all boxes that drop during this period are Rio boxes. Seagull just got one for leveling up.

That clears it up, cheers.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I'm not concerned about missing the Lucio/Tracer/Zarya skins.

I will cry if I can't get this McCree skin in the three-week period:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Did I get lucky on my first free loot crate?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Rirse posted:

Did I get lucky on my first free loot crate?

I like that way more than any of his other skins.

e: drat it, Zarya's weightlifter skin is a legendary, not an epic :(

Papercut fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 2, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Seagull just bought 50 boxes on stream and only got 5 Rio skins:

-Real American McCree (Epic)
-Champion Zarya (Legendary)
-Kronor Torbjorn (Epic)
-Champion Zarya #2 (still Legendary)
-Striker Lucio (Legendary)

Almost every box only contains 1 Rio item, but a couple had multiples.

Droprate seems reasonable to me, but the tears are going to flow like wine. Also looks like different skins have different rarities, which will only contribute to tear production

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

My first 2 boxes were full of poo poo and the brawl was also poo poo. Maybe I will have to buy 24 boxes to get even more poo poo. Tears will flow :finland:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Night Blade posted:

Crowd Control

nah blizzard very obviously thinks players hate crowd control and will collapse into a weeping mess if it's any good

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Reaper's new "It's in refrigerator" voice line might be the best thing among this stuff.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Isn't it time to remove the -20%/20 cents solo debuff theft? Isn't it about time? No, it's actually too late. Overwatch solo is the worst experience the game has to offer that is well known. And you did nothing to warn us before release. Issues were not apparent in the limited time of the beta where people had not gotten used to the game.

On top of that, you give us -20% xp (I know what you are going to reply and you are wrong*). With limited edition loot boxes it's now not only just a thing of getting things slower, it's about not getting them at all.

With the release of limited time skins intended to fuel microtransactions loot boxes have more than ever monetary value.
As a solo player I have to purchase loot boxes with real money to get the same value as a group player gets for free, while having paid the same price for the game.

I paid for this as much as anyone else, why is the product more expensive for me? Am I worthless to you as a customer? Don't I have a right to get the same value as anyone else that paid the same fuc*ing price as I did?

I am tired of being treated as a second class customer. You should be deeply ashamed, as for your "excuse" of promoting group play, it's literally beyond idiotic.

In a game that is well known to be horrible solo, why anyone who had a group available would play solo, in Overwatch of all games in the world, is beyond mine, or any other logical thinker's, mind. Excuse me for being blunt, but for anyone that actually believes in that logic, saying that they are ridiculously, mind blowingly stupid would be an extreme understatement.

As any solo player, I paid as much as anyone else. I got less than I was promised more than anyone else. And what you are doing is adding salt to the wounds by thieving me of 20 cents in every level I gain

For every 100 levels a solo player has been theft of 20 euros or dollars. That means that if that player bought 20 loot boxes with real money he/she would only get what a group player has gotten for the price of the base game, which was the same for both players. This is shameful and approaches, if not constitutes, a theft. At this point, with limited time skins, this is 100% unacceptable.

* It's a debuff. They just masked it. During the beta they reduced the multiplier from ~4.1 to 3.4 and introduced the "20% bonus" that gets you back to, you guessed it, ~4.1, the original value. Clear as water.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

First Rio crate: no skins, but got player icon of Reaper riding a BMX bike. Not mad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's a shame I will probably not get the medic mercy skin

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's having a lot of problems getting into Lucioball games. Most of the time the game errors out. And it always makes you requeue after a game is done

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

"Summer Games" Patch also had some changes

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20747925082

quote:

ALL PLATFORMS

Please note that the following changes will apply to all platforms unless marked with a [PC Only] tag.

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS

New Seasonal Event: Summer Games
Crack your knuckles, stretch those hamstrings, and turn up the volume—the Summer Games are here! From now through August 22, players can earn Summer Games Loot Boxes, collect over 100 seasonal items, and challenge their friends to a futuristic soccer match in our new brawl: Lúcioball!

To learn more about the Summer Games, click here.

GENERAL UPDATES

Competitive Play
Players who leave a competitive match before its conclusion will now have to wait for at least 10 minutes before joining another competitive match
During subsequent rounds on Assault maps (Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries), the amount of time provided for team assembly has been reduced

Miscellaneous
Added Lúcio as an AI hero in Practice vs. AI, Play vs. AI, and Custom Game modes
Several minor, behind-the-scenes improvements have been made to the in-game matchmaker

MAP BALANCE UPDATES
Made several minor adjustments across Watchpoint: Gibraltar to ensure better balance for defending and attacking teams

USER INTERFACE
Made several minor improvements to the way hero selection tips work:
The "No Builder" and "No Sniper Hero" warnings have been removed
"No Support Hero" now reads as "No Healer" (does not apply to Symmetra)

Hero selection tips are no longer displayed during team assembly in a Brawl
Zenyatta's Transcendence speed increase is now noted on the Hero Details screen
Players can now select which type of Loot Box (standard or seasonal) they'd like to open next
[PC Only] Players can now set an FPS cap by selecting "Custom" from the “Limit FPS” dropdown

BUG FIXES

General
Fixed a bug where Widowmaker’s “Noire” skin and the Origins Edition skins would not count towards unlock progress of the “Decked Out” Achievement
Fixed a bug where “The Path Is Closed” Achievement could not be obtained by D.Va while in her mech
[PC Only] Fixed a bug where players were unable to use the “Join Game” option from the social menu on their friends
Fixed a bug that caused Custom Games to ignore the “Return to Lobby” setting when the game mode was set to Competitive
Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the Tutorial to become unplayable after players switched heroes
[PC Only] Fixed a display bug with the mouse cursor for Windows systems using a 16-bit desktop
[PC Only] Removed developer option to disable all shadows via the settings file

Maps
Fixed a bug causing the “old timey” end-of-round music filter on Hollywood to remain active after leaving a match
Fixed a bug that kept the 30-seconds-remaining music from activating correctly on Payload maps.

Heroes
Fixed a bug that was affecting the majority of Ana’s “Most in Game” career statistics
Fixed a bug that caused Ana’s Biotic Grenade to miss an allied Reaper while in Wraith Form
Fixed a bug with that caused Junkrat’s “Jester” and “Fool” skins to incorrectly display during a Highlight Intro
Fixed a bug that kept Soldier: 76’s Ultimate charge meter from displaying progress gained for the Tactical Visor ability in the Tutorial
Fixed a bug that caused the visuals and sound effects on Reinhardt’s Rocket Hammer to malfunction when hitting an enemy
Fixed a bug that caused Widowmaker’s “Widow’s Kiss” spray to be replaced by the “Je Te Vois” spray

Competitive Play
Fixed a bug that kept grouped players from being able to rejoin a match when disconnected
Fixed a bug that caused a player’s Skill Rating to be displayed incorrectly when rejoining a match in progress

A.I.
Fixed an issue hindering Ana from restoring allies to full health
Fixed an issue allowing Reaper to use Wraith Form to escape in situations where he should be stunned

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

quote:

Made several minor improvements to the way hero selection tips work:

The "No Builder" and "No Sniper Hero" warnings have been removed
"No Support Hero" now reads as "No Healer" (does not apply to Symmetra)
:toot:

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Here's the official info dump from Overwatch site.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20216482

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I haven't even opened a Rio box yet and I'm salty that icons count as the exclusive item.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

10 minutes?

But I think they should be executed

Let's compromise and say their copy of Overwatch gets deleted and they have to buy another

I think that's reasonable

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

quote:

MAP BALANCE UPDATES
Made several minor adjustments across Watchpoint: Gibraltar to ensure better balance for defending and attacking teams

drat it blizzard you're better than this, this is like some FROM software-level patch notes

what did you change and which side does it favor

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm curious to know what the Gibraltar changes are.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Yeah, Lúcio Seleção skin on my first lootbox! :brazil:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

[Watchpoint: Gibralter]
Removed Shuttle in second hanger, replaced it with death pit filled with snakes

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
3 new legendary skins (Zarya, Lúcio, Tracer), 3 emotes (Lúcio, Bastion, Symmetra), 3 highlight intros (Tracer, Lúcio, Junkrat), 9 victory poses (Pharah, Torbjörn, Roadhog, Soldier, Mei, Reaper, Zenyatta, Widowmaker, Winston), and a few epic-tier skin recolors to match that character's national flag I didn't bother counting how many

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Zikan posted:

[Watchpoint: Gibralter]
Removed Shuttle in second hanger, replaced it with death pit filled with snakes

This would be really great actually.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Holy poo poo, they actually made something similar to Grifball, the best Halo game mode.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Brannock posted:

3 new legendary skins (Zarya, Lúcio, Tracer), 3 emotes (Lúcio, Bastion, Symmetra), 3 highlight intros (Tracer, Lúcio, Junkrat), 9 victory poses (Pharah, Torbjörn, Roadhog, Soldier, Mei, Reaper, Zenyatta, Widowmaker, Winston), and a few epic-tier skin recolors to match that character's national flag I didn't bother counting how many

everyone got one new audio line too

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Nice, got the Weightlifter Zarya skin in my first loot box. The first of her alternate outfits that I've actually liked.

El_Funko
May 25, 2003

Where did she go?
I got Champion Zarya, but I would've preferred Weightlifter because the red outfit looks nicer. Champion is still better than every single one of her other skins, so I can't complain too much.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ift692Fii5s

lmao this mode

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Brannock posted:

and a few epic-tier skin recolors to match that character's national flag I didn't bother counting how many

D.Va, Genji :japan:, McCree :911:, Mercy, Torbjorn :sweden:, Widowmaker, :france:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
My free summer box had Korean flag player icon. :keke: