Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

Haven't people here been buying Gal Gun

Is it like an ironic thing

It is a allegedly a good game in spite of the subject matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
$90? :lol:

And I thought $60 for the game itself was absurd

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Think im giving up on lightning returns its just hours and hours of bad side quests and the combat is not clicking with me or because im not doing the sidequests as much as i should im not geared enough to make the fights go fast enough to not be tedious. Idk theres fun in there but i think i had it already

Gonna play catherine now

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Instant Sunrise posted:

Buying a season pass for DLC sight unseen is a different matter IMHO.

This is like the only time I see it, tho

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

New Concept Hole posted:

Gonna need some :proof:

Hello! :3:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Also, Hello August thread. I am considering getting Overwatch. I had fun with the beta weekend and now that TF2 has pooped on itself I am not really enjoying it as much as I used to. :smith:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What happened with TF2

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
They implemented matchmaking and gutted the official servers in the process. Also the ranked matching is apparently bad.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

What happened with TF2

They got rid of the quickplay option to just join Valve servers and turned everything into match making. I can no longer join a Valve server, play for as long as I want then leave. I have to get in queues and get kicked off the server at the end of each match. Player count seems the same, so I guess the way I was playing is not where Valve want to go with their game any more and it bums me out.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Overwatch is very fun and good and it's sticking with me better than most multiplayer games I've tried to get into in the past, even if I don't play it that much (probably a few hours a week)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Season passes for unannounced content for unreleased games certainly isn't fine. People are free to spend money on whatever they want but it's a terrible investment.

At least if they announce the planned contents of the pass upfront you know how much of that £30 will be spent on skins packs or minor DLC you wouldn't usually bother with.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

VideoGames posted:

Also, Hello August thread. I am considering getting Overwatch. I had fun with the beta weekend and now that TF2 has pooped on itself I am not really enjoying it as much as I used to. :smith:

You should do it, not to replace TF2 but because Overwatch is good on its own

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

VideoGames posted:

They got rid of the quickplay option to just join Valve servers and turned everything into match making. I can no longer join a Valve server, play for as long as I want then leave. I have to get in queues and get kicked off the server at the end of each match. Player count seems the same, so I guess the way I was playing is not where Valve want to go with their game any more and it bums me out.

TF has always been a casual drop-in, shoot some dudes, drop-out kinda game to me, ever since Quake 1 team fortress.

If you want that kinda hardcore matchmaking thing, CSGO does that better.

But hey whatever. At this point TF2 has been out so long I guess they just don't care and are willing to try something new. Overwatch is pretty cool as a TF3 replacement, but I got burned out on it fast because I'd already put so much time in TF2 and am kinda class-shooter'd out I guess.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Presumably the DLC will be the same quality as the game you bought- if not better, in the case of games like Dark Souls 2 for example. If the description tells you what you're buying and you get a discount then I don't see why not.

Yeah I bought the season pass for DS2 and 3. Although I never finished 3 so now I'm just going to wait until everything is out and power through the expanded game, since the DLC areas are usually the best areas and bosses From produces

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I want to believe that tf2 will get fixed, I say as a person who doesn't play tf2

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Zaphod42 posted:

TF has always been a casual drop-in, shoot some dudes, drop-out kinda game to me, ever since Quake 1 team fortress.

If you want that kinda hardcore matchmaking thing, CSGO does that better.

But hey whatever. At this point TF2 has been out so long I guess they just don't care and are willing to try something new. Overwatch is pretty cool as a TF3 replacement, but I got burned out on it fast because I'd already put so much time in TF2 and am kinda class-shooter'd out I guess.

It really sucks that it's no longer the case. I am awful at video games and TF2 was the one game I could play competently. I love going around with my stupid named items, healing people with my gold medigun and Cloud 9 unusual hat spreading love. Valve servers were awesome for that. Nowadays I cannot find that kind of drop in drop out fun on any others and casual play makes me wait ages just to join a server with unbalanced teams, no spectating, no team switching. I don't know why they messed it up so badly.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I have a thousand hours in TF2 and Overwatch is an amazing replacement for me, namaste

the story in TF2 is better though

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

Yeah I bought the season pass for DS2 and 3. Although I never finished 3 so now I'm just going to wait until everything is out and power through the expanded game, since the DLC areas are usually the best areas and bosses From produces

Like, as a person who was jonesin to play Dark Souls III I didn't even buy the season pass for it, because it literally has no substance other than a price. I kinda think that's hosed regardless of their good games.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CJacobs posted:

Presumably the DLC will be the same quality as the game you bought- if not better, in the case of games like Dark Souls 2 for example. If the description tells you what you're buying and you get a discount then I don't see why not.

That's very, very rarely true though...

e: And again, they're being sold before we even know if the game is good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does this mean 24/7 2fort is finally dead

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Like, as a person who was jonesin to play Dark Souls III I didn't even buy the season pass for it, because it literally has no substance other than a price. I kinda think that's hosed regardless of their good games.

What do you mean? It's 3 DLC packs that will cost more separately than together, why wouldn't I buy it?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Steve2911 posted:

That's very, very rarely true though...

e: And again, they're being sold before we even know if the game is good.

So don't buy it before the game is out then. That's on you. Just because they're selling it doesn't mean you can't wait to buy it if you plan on doing so.

edit: That's not to say it isn't a scummy practice to allow pre-ordering of the DLC before the game is even out, but you and I both know nothing we do is gonna stop developers from doing it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

CJacobs posted:

you and I both know nothing we do is gonna stop developers from doing it.

Yeah that's my point. Saying scummy practice is fine just because it's probably here to stay isn't helping. Letting them know they can get away with it encourages them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well I only encourage good developers and don't buy bad games.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I remember getting burnt by Max Payne 3's season pass, the multiplayer was on life support by the time the second dlc was released and I'm pretty sure they never released the last two parts.

I did get the DS3 pass, despite "swearing off" season passes. I know Fromsoft would never gently caress me over.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
It being an election year made me remember that when Bungie's co-founder left them to found Wideload the one game he put out after Stubbs the Zombie and before getting bought out was a monkey-themed political satire party game. :rip:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Help Im Alive posted:

Does this mean 24/7 2fort is finally dead

those usually werent official servers so youre fine

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah that's my point. Saying scummy practice is fine just because it's probably here to stay isn't helping. Letting them know they can get away with it encourages them.

Accepting that it exists is not the same as buying into it as an idea. I don't like season passes, I think they're a crappy way for developers to scam money out of people who are okay with buying things blind- whether the content they end up delivering is worth it (Dark Souls 2) or not (Max Payne 3). But I don't dislike it so much that I'm going to devote any time to attempting to stop what I can't change.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

What do you mean? It's 3 DLC packs that will cost more separately than together, why wouldn't I buy it?

I'm just saying I don't know why people wouldn't wait until having absolutely anything at all to go on, I'm not begrudging a deal if you know what you're getting but mostly everyone is agreeing with this so whatev

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

So I guess Rocket League is a new mode in Overwatch :stwoon:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Ummmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z33Mjdg7BBY

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

when did they make 2 other sniper ghost warriors?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hey if you haven't played Rocket League yet but own Overwatch try the new Summer Games mode, because it's just a Rocket League ripoff

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Real hurthling! posted:

when did they make 2 other sniper ghost warriors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF49ZYB8WJQ

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

is it by the same team as sniper elite? i thought there was one of those already coming out soon?

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Real hurthling! posted:

is it by the same team as sniper elite? i thought there was one of those already coming out soon?

yeah sniper elite 4 comes out feb 14, 2017 and I CANT loving WAIT

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Steve2911 posted:

but enough about the 2016 presidential election

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Should I buy a Vita so I can maybe play P4G and some Atelier games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Should I buy a Vita so I can maybe play P4G and some Atelier games

vita is a cool system and p4g is real good but you might wanna just save the money for p5 in february idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also maybe check if what you want to play is playable on a Vita TV if you don't care about portability since it's significantly cheaper.

• Locked thread