Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Maiko is the best girl woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

none of the girls were very good tbh, except for mamori who is adorable

yashiro tho :swoon:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
oh if we're including Maiko then the answer is obvious.

Also Yashiro over Touma? really?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the best girl is Barry Goodman.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kashuno posted:

oh if we're including Maiko then the answer is obvious.

Also Yashiro over Touma? really?

Yeah, but Yashiro will flirt with me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, Yashiro does have the best side story scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-prOmzk8bM (can't get it to skip ahead so just go to 10:05)

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Obviously the best girl is TikiWaifu.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Excuse me it's Tiki=Waifu

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's Anna

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kay Kessler posted:

Obviously the best girl is TikiWaifu.

wrong, because she is in love with garbage

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BillmasterCozb posted:

wrong, because she is in love with garbage

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

That's my secret, Cap.

I don't have a life

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

It took me way too long to figure out Seiren = siren = mermaid = Starbucks.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
As much as best girl is obviously Kiria/Jolyne "Pop Star" Kujo, Mamori definitely has some of the best animations, i.e. her "panic" animation where she hops back and forth on her feet, or all of her animations involving her not actually being able to lift her GIANT AXE :black101: very well

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
ya know...regarding tiki How the gently caress does Itsuke get away with Tiki being real at the cafe with Tiki=Waifu?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kashuno posted:

ya know...regarding tiki How the gently caress does Itsuke get away with Tiki being real at the cafe with Tiki=Waifu?

Tiki=Waifu has been in the Idolasphere multiple times so i assume they just told the truth.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Kashuno posted:

I assumed they told everyone else but Tiki=Waifu that Tiki was just his younger sister cosplaying

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

the theme song for Sweet Witch Dia or whatev it's called is fuckin good

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Also: a precautionary tale.

There's basically only one missable thing in the whole game. And I missed it entirely by accident because it's based on how nice you are to Tsubasa, and aside from her hilarious Topic messages earlier in the game, she's basically my least favorite character. :v:

I'm past the point where you can get "points" with her afaik and I don't have The Thing You Get. Woops.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
of course it is

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
If anyone is worried, I think you need to be rude/sarcastic to her 95% of the time to miss it. The game really wants you to have it.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Tsubasa is great, you monsters

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
They're all great!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Just beat the game. I felt a pang of sadness seeing everyone leave. any chance for a sequel?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

probably not

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
As much as I want a sequel, the story does seem self-contained. All the loose ends are wrapped up and everyone's life seems set by the end of the story. I'd rather have no sequel than a generic sequel plot where the bad guys suddenly came back for no reason.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nobody in this game is cracking any best girl lists that include other things but Tsubasa is good and is best girl and you people are all terrible

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Also Kiria is like, actively boring and has nothing interesting about her so I dunno why everyone acts like it's self evident she's the best

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean on the other hand https://youtu.be/sIsjasN4K88

Like None of the characters are particularly "interesting," it's more about who's the most fun

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

If Kiria dies at any point in her sidestory battle, is it winnable? She can't get a turn fast enough to use the gimmick and she just dies over and over because the enemy she's supposed to use the gimmick on always targets her.

edit: i got it, i had to use a bunch of clap tracks so that Tsubasa could use her defense/evade up skill and kiria managed to survive a turn, hooray

bennyfranks fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 2, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bennyfranks posted:

If Kiria dies at any point in her sidestory battle, is it winnable? She can't get a turn fast enough to use the gimmick and she just dies over and over because the enemy she's supposed to use the gimmick on always targets her.

I got stuck in that loop of reviving Kiria too so I just used an attack mirror

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bennyfranks posted:

edit: i got it, i had to use a bunch of clap tracks so that Tsubasa could use her defense/evade up skill and kiria managed to survive a turn, hooray

This was the worst. They really should have just given Kiria a turn regardless of speed here because U G H

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Kashuno posted:

This was the worst. They really should have just given Kiria a turn regardless of speed here because U G H

I got around the loop by having MC revive instead of Tsubasa, seemed to get her to go before the enemy for some reason :shrug:

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

i couldnt figure out why i couldnt use any of itsuki's skills and then i realized i only had 1 ep left because thats literally the first time it ever ran out

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

the monster in ellie's 2nd story is a Faceless, thats owns

ellie best girl fyi

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Actually I'm going to change this to one of Anna's dozens of identical sisters all named Anna that happens to own a Black Frost mask.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

bennyfranks posted:

the monster in ellie's 2nd story is a Faceless, thats owns

ellie best girl fyi

I love how her second story ends with her learning the exact opposite of the thing she initially set out to learn, and her character in the show basically becoming off-brand Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a result. :allears:

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Saint Freak posted:

Actually I'm going to change this to one of Anna's dozens of identical sisters all named Anna that happens to own a Black Frost mask.

Bye-Bye-Ho!

I want to find a recording of that line. I don't know what I'd do with it, I just love it so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bye-bye-ho

• Locked thread