Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

haveblue posted:

That *sounds* cool but you know what's going to happen with that gun is Reddit decides what the ideal setup is and that's all anyone ever uses.

We already know it's counterbalance/900 RPM for pulse and auto, Rangefinder/not 900 RPM for scout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

lol 62/88 rate of fire. Not a doctrine

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

High impact AR's will be good again someday! You just wait!

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

xzzy posted:

High impact AR's will be good again someday! You just wait!

Ahahahahahahaha

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Crossposting from the LFG thread, we need a 6th for Kings Fall HM challenge.

Psn: Cola_Lich

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

The Meat Dimension posted:

lol 62/88 rate of fire. Not a doctrine

900 rpm is doctrine of passing.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
At least they are kind of acknowledging ARs need Counterbalance to be useful.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

sunday at work posted:

At least they are kind of acknowledging ARs need Counterbalance to be useful.

In the most ham fisted way possible. Instead of addressing the problem they'll guarantee that even more random drops will never be considered for use because it lacks a specific perk.. and in the long run, nerf counterbalance so it's not useful anymore.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!
The khvostov seems pointless, like a Swiss Army knife when you already have all the tools on it.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Whatever they do i hope the don't break up the player pool more. We don't need 20 game modes that no one plays.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

In the most ham fisted way possible. Instead of addressing the problem they'll guarantee that even more random drops will never be considered for use because it lacks a specific perk.. and in the long run, nerf counterbalance so it's not useful anymore.

Or make guns not so unwieldy with ridiculous recoil that counterbalance is necessary for so many guns

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

OdinsBeard posted:

The khvostov seems pointless, like a Swiss Army knife when you already have all the tools on it.

It's just coming back for nostalgia and the huge pool of perks makes it unique.

Seems cool to me. It was probably be poo poo though.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

CheeseFactory posted:

Whatever they do i hope the don't break up the player pool more. We don't need 20 game modes that no one plays.

Agreed, remove salvage, rift, and all the classic modes

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Because its an auto rifle

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Also the current Khvostov has a unique rate of fire and impact of 62/20

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

xzzy posted:

True. I'd like to see what the game would be like if all the perks that affect how a gun performs were removed and everything was perks like Monte Carlo Method or Army of One. Get each archetype to a good place and make perks about play style rather than a nessesity to have a usable gun.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Agreed, remove salvage, rift, and all the classic modes

Remove the classic modes for sure. As for rift and salvage etc, have them be rotating. Like zone control or the terrible inferno and mayhem modes.

They really need to consolidate.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

CheeseFactory posted:

It's just coming back for nostalgia and the huge pool of perks makes it unique.

Seems cool to me. It was probably be poo poo though.

Oh, absolutely. Seems like it's going to be a wasted exotic slot, though.

IMO it should be terrible and have a perk that auto-taunts defeated opponents or something.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Hey need 1 for HM warpriest, we're at basilica now. psn angryavatar

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

Hey how do checkpoints work in the raid; if I get to a checkpoint in normal mode, is that checkpoint only for normal mode?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

OdinsBeard posted:

Hey how do checkpoints work in the raid; if I get to a checkpoint in normal mode, is that checkpoint only for normal mode?
yes

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Remove the classic modes for sure. As for rift and salvage etc, have them be rotating. Like zone control or the terrible inferno and mayhem modes.

They hinted at something the community has wanted for a while. It could be custom matches. If thats the case they could remove the classic play lists people already use for sweats and drunk rumble. I tend to agree though splitting the player base isnt a good idea with current match making.

The new poo poo seems cool.

The loot grind is less and the customised options will provide that push to do extra poo poo.

I dont think the khostov will be much chop for pvp but I like the idea behind it and should be ok for pve at least.

The new arena which looks to be longer than CoE but shorter than PoE could be interesting and fun too.

The other thing is once you unlock everything on the iron lords book on one character is unlocks it for the other classes too. Wouldnt surprise me if its like the taken armor where its LL3 and needs infusion but overall the changes seem interesting at least.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

CheeseFactory posted:

I will find and hurt you if you dare call Mayhem mode terrible again. :argh:

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

BlindSite posted:

The new arena which looks to be longer than CoE but shorter than PoE could be interesting and fun too.

Any details on the arena thing? Reddit has been saying its the new court of oryx (which would be terrible).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lyer posted:

Any details on the arena thing? Reddit has been saying its the new court of oryx (which would be terrible).

From the game informer article you trigger an event and enemies spawn from bubbles in the ground and they get a bit harder culminating in a mini boss. So like I said. Part court of oryx part prison of elders.

Im guessing it'll be like defending a warsat or whatever you get little poo poo dudes, harder dudes, yellow bars and a boss or something but you can trigger them for loot drops.

gently caress reddit.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

here's hoping it's not in some out of the way place that no one goes to

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

It'll be the same as the other PVE stuff in destiny good fun for a half hour so till youve squeezed whatever loot you need from it then kind of pointless.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

The ROF bar isn't 100. That's what I was pointing out

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

The Meat Dimension posted:

The ROF bar isn't 100. That's what I was pointing out

Could be just prerelease graphics. Or they added an even faster firing rate that bumped down the DoP class, like how grasp of malok is somehow faster than Hawksaw.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's an optional perk on the gun which isn't chosen at the time clearly.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Thanks for the warpriest run guys. Only 2 fragments left (other 2 challenge modes). Also I have an HM daughters checkpoint if anyone needs a HM oryx kill this week. add psn angryavatar, I'll set up a roster later in the week

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

FishBulb posted:

It's an optional perk on the gun which isn't chosen at the time clearly.

Yes but you can see the green rate of fire bar going out to where it would be if you selected 900 rpm, which is only at about 88.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

actionjackson posted:

Yes but you can see the green rate of fire bar going out to where it would be if you selected 900 rpm, which is only at about 88.
hey tomorrow is armsday, can you help me with the darkblade sword thing then?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Roman posted:

hey tomorrow is armsday, can you help me with the darkblade sword thing then?

I think so yeah, just let me know a time between like 7-10 pm CST

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Is this confirmed in the gamefiles? Doctrine/SSC feel like they fire 1100 or 1200 RPM to me.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Who cares, it's the fastest fire rate in the game and it fucks dudes up. Slower fire rate AR's do not gently caress dudes up.

That's really all that matters.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I asked this before (and maybe I missed the answer) but does bungie ever communicate about design choices, game balance or future updates anywhere on the regular? Something like Blizzard's blue forum posts. Their blog is kind of that I guess but really only deals with new content. More like consistent community feedback.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Are most of the rounds fired at the start or at the end of the minute to get the 900 number?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Same fire rate.

• Locked thread