Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Even the enemies get in on that action though. See Garrus. See what Gunship has done to Garrus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I find it every suspicious how that woman keeps mentioning how she didn't hire Thane.

Also the audio desyncs. :(

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Thane looks like he can navigate vents very well, I certainly hope we give him the opportunity to do so in the future should one arise.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Poil posted:

I find it every suspicious how that woman keeps mentioning how she didn't hire Thane.

If you talk to Thane you find out that nobody hired him - he went and killed Dantius on his own to partially atone for all the people he killed in the past.

"I'm going to atone for killing all those people buy killing a bunch more people".

Gotta love the logic there.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Look, when you're an assassin with a very wide and in depth pool of skills related to killing people, all your problems start to look like people that need to be killed.

Also I want to say that Thane was heavily influenced by Etzio (maybe, my dates are a bit fuzzy) and Altair from Assassin's Creed.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

grack posted:

If you talk to Thane you find out that nobody hired him - he went and killed Dantius on his own to partially atone for all the people he killed in the past.

"I'm going to atone for killing all those people buy killing a bunch more people".

Gotta love the logic there.

It's "I'm going to atone for killing all those people by killing a bunch of horrible, horrible assholes", which is a perfectly sound logic. :colbert:

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 26, 2016

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Ezio. And Thane seems interesting enough: doesn't have his head up his rear end, very spiritual and theistic which slightly bleeds into his work (but doesn't affect it in terms of capabilities), and his Pro Bono attitude is endearing.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Poil posted:

I noticed that, but didn't feel it was significant enough to warrant a re-render at 6.5 hours. If it's unbearable I'll try redoing it.

monster on a stick posted:

Thane looks like he can navigate vents very well, I certainly hope we give him the opportunity to do so in the future should one arise.
No, we need maximum callbacks for 3 :colbert:

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 26, 2016

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I find it funny how due to the nature of internet outrage, I know everything I never wanted to know about how ME3 ends, and what happens to a few characters because they run into that one character literally nobody likes, but I'm almost completely unspoiled about ME2 (and before the LP, ME1), other than knowing that these characters are somewhere in the game, which gets weird when some of them get revealed. :v:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

SubponticatePoster posted:

I noticed that, but didn't feel it was significant enough to warrant a re-render at 6/5 hours. If it's unbearable I'll try redoing it. (1)

No, we need maximum callbacks for 3 :colbert: (2)

1) I never noticed the desync, so I would assume it's not too bad.
2) I think I posted before how I sent Thane to the vents because I thought "Thane - assassin - vents - optimal".

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

my dad posted:

that one character literally nobody likes

You're going to have to be more specific.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Morrow posted:

You're going to have to be more specific.

Yikes. ME3 gonna be a wild ride then, I guess?

The unstoppable cyber ninja dude

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

my dad posted:

Yikes. ME3 gonna be a wild ride then, I guess?

The unstoppable cyber ninja dude
He's never mentioned in a game before 3, that was some terrible tie-in novel. There are other characters in 3 that are the same, appearing in a book and we're expected to know who they are and why we should GAF about them.

Then at the same time EA told Bioware to make stupid narrative decisions so "people new to the series wouldn't feel left out." :shepicide:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

It's "I'm going to atone for killing all those people by killing a bunch of horrible, horrible assholes", which is a perfectly sound logic. :colbert:

Hey, maybe some of those mercs were just desperate for money to pay for little Suzy/Jimmy/Blorpy/Asana's surgery and were pretty okay people otherwise.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I dunno, from what we've seen if you're wearing Blue Suns colours (or any of the other merc bands) then you're not some rando who needed the money (and the Archangel mission has taught us that those are the first to die as well) you are all aboard the red sand/prostitution/murder/etc train

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

I love watching Thane wreck people in cqc so it's good to hear that he won't be visiting any more vents :allears:

Kasumi's stealth strike would make more sense on Thane than his relatively weak shredder ammo imho but what are you gonna do.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

my dad posted:

To be fair, they are supposed to be the best the galaxy has to offer, second only to Shepard.

They were doing fine until Shepard showed up, most of the time they end up bumblefarting around when they're near her because she makes them nervous. "Is she looking at my rear end? She's looking at my rear end isn't she. God drat it I had better be c- GOD drat IT I keep shooting this guy while he is behind cover!!"

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Shepard has the sharpest pinch in the galaxy.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

skoolmunkee posted:

They were doing fine until Shepard showed up, most of the time they end up bumblefarting around when they're near her because she makes them nervous. "Is she looking at my rear end? She's looking at my rear end isn't she. God drat it I had better be c- GOD drat IT I keep shooting this guy while he is behind cover!!"

And then later in the barracks they find out that Shepard wasn't paying attention to them at all because she was busy making an enemies' butt jiggle with the black hole gun/biotic powers because it was funny at the time.
Then they wonder why they even try and next mission they pull suicidal stunts like taking cover in front of the charging Krogan/Assault robot missiles/gatling guns.
Then Shepard picks them up with some medigel and they remember why they have to try because that kind of stings. But then they get nervous again and the whole process repeats itself.

At least they got over conga-lining Shepards butt from the first game :v:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

skoolmunkee posted:

So you're saying that the reason Joey developed a penchant for trying to block rockets with his face is performance anxiety?

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

grack posted:

So you're saying that the reason Joey developed a penchant for trying to block rockets with his face is performance anxiety?

Jamie has... issues, as far as I can tell, and we'll leave it at that.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Next Update's Ingredients
Peach schnapps
Orange juice
Grenadine

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Uuuuhhhhh.

Likely not intended, still creepy as hell.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Not seeing it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I had to go back and check the video to see if that was really in it because holy poo poo that's uncanny. :psyduck:

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Is it that the top of his head looks like a wasp's face from that angle?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Do you see a certain famous clown's grin?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I can't see it, what is it?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
No ring.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

It's such a weird shot, I mean it's full on creepy-rear end grin into the camera. It really stood out as I was watching.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Migrant Fleet Enema

The Drink
Haestrom Sunrise
3 oz peach schnapps
Orange Juice
Grenadine

In a pint glass with ice, add schnapps & OJ. Throw on a splash of grenadine, don't stir.

The Drinking Game
Drink every time we see a Quarian either dead or being killed.

The Episode
We snag both Jody and Jack's loyalty missions. Thane has old timey consumption. Also we pop over to a hosed up sun in Geth territory and save Tali from being horribly murdered due to the Admiralty's incompetence recruit Tali.

This whole plotline was supposed to be the big kicker for the plot/ending of 3. The dark energy created by using mass effect fields is causing suns to go haywire, speeding up the heat death of the universe or some such poo poo. People ferreted this out and instead of sticking with it, in a fit of pique it got dropped in favor of lots of speculation. So in 2 they make a big deal about it, bring it up several times, and then when 3 rolls around it's never mentioned again.

Haestrom is bad for your shields, and any Quarian operation involving the Geth always turns into a bloodbath on the Quarian side so of course all but one of them (other than Tali) die. You'd think after 300 years they'd stop sticking their dicks in the hornets' nest, but nope. Kal'Reegar is a pretty cool dude though. And we show off the best goddamn weapon in the series, hands down. I once used it against the Oculus in the cargo hold for shits and giggles. Killed the Oculus all right, plus me and both my squadmates from the splash damage. A++, would launch again.

I'm going to recruit the last name on our dossier list then start working on loyalty missions/side content. Like ME1 I'm not bothering to show off 90% of the filler. I'll do LotSB before long, but I'm saving Arrival and probably Overlord until post-game, unless people really want to see the latter sooner.

e: gently caress there's some audio desync in there, fixes itself later on. This goddamn thing :argh:

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 4, 2016

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

I don't know if it's a timer or if Kal has an unseen HP bar but he can contribute to the fight and survive if you kick enough rear end.

SubponticatePoster posted:

Killed the Oculus all right, plus me and both my squadmates from the splash damage. A++, would launch again.

Cain.txt but :agreed: nonetheless

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Well, Tali doesn't technically have Daddy issues.

Also it's kind of weird you didn't take Garrus to Haestrom. I mean, what kind of Getting The Band Back Together is that?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Shepard's got to be the most out-of-shape soldier ever. Can't run for more than 5 seconds, can't boost herself on a pillar at just about head height. Hell, there are three of them in the squad. I'm sure someone could've gotten a boost and then pulled the other two up.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Reegar must be fun at parties. "I'LL BUY THE DRINKS. HALF MY SQUAD IS DRUNK, I CAN'T JUST LET SOMEONE STAY SOBER."

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The audio is out of sync six minutes into the video.

edit
Seems it gets fixed when you cut. :iiam:

Recruiting Tali is awful on higher difficulties and made me give up on trying. The geth never stop bullshit spawning. I managed to slog my way forward until I finally reached the point where a lot of geth were coming from and it was just a small nook without even an attempt to hide that they were just magically popping out of thin air. After making a mistake I got pushed back a bit and the empty corner started spewing forth more of them so I rage quit. :argh:

Poil fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 4, 2016

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Yeah I dunno what the gently caress happened there, the audio track matched up exactly with the end of the video :iiam:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Poil posted:

Recruiting Tali is awful on higher difficulties and made me give up on trying. The geth never stop bullshit spawning. I

pretty sure that's a bug, because they do stop - or have always stopped for me.That said, you do need to be more patient than almost anywhere else in the game. I always take the high road on the far right of the arena, and it's worked every time on Insanity. Stay in cover along the edge of that walkway like your life depends on it (because it does) and eventually, you burn through enough of them that you can make that last dash to good cover and handle the big guy from the flank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I wanted Reegar as a squad member in 3.

He's awesome.

• Locked thread