Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

oddium posted:

the starters are grass/flying fire/fighting water/ice by the way. please do not ask for or seek out confirmation

i thought it was fire/dark and water/fairy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Kelp Plankton posted:

i thought it was fire/dark and water/fairy

that's also correct

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i want to believe the rumor about the starters having 2 final evolutions. the ones we've seen arent bad but i want my cat to just stay a cat

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
never believe rumors until they are confirmed or denied

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I believe that Mega Evolutions will continue to exist, but we'll only get like four or five, instead of 20+ per game

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

less laughter posted:

Serena is the most boring main character the show has ever had, I'm really glad she's on the way out.

Bring back Misty! :argh: and also Brock, but get rid of Ash.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What if the final evos were just the first forms but like 12 feet tall

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Kelp Plankton posted:

What if the final evos were just the first forms but like 12 feet tall

is that not what the Totally Legit leak for litten is

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

never believe rumors until they are confirmed or denied

Only believe rumors once they are denied.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

is that not what the Totally Legit leak for litten is

Not really.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the real starters were the friends we made along the way

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

y'know popplio, we really are the Pokemon Sun and Moon

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I am doing an XY Nuzlocke and ran into a Pikachu as my second pokemon. I thought 'sweet, I never really used Raichu'

Then I caught it and its Rash and holding a Light Ball, so now I have a ridiculous glass cannon that can kill everything in one thundershock.

well thats my Nuzlocke story.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ruggington posted:

y'know popplio, we really are the Pokemon Sun and Moon

"Chapter 4: Sun and Moon"

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Zore posted:

I am doing an XY Nuzlocke and ran into a Pikachu as my second pokemon. I thought 'sweet, I never really used Raichu'

Then I caught it and its Rash and holding a Light Ball, so now I have a ridiculous glass cannon that can kill everything in one thundershock.

i had a light ball pikachu in an omega ruby nuzlocke and it's nature and iv's were so bad it was basically as strong as my non-mega sceptile and still made of wet paper

rip

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!

Zore posted:

Is it a girl? If it is, you should use your catch for the Day Care route to breed for a Pichu with volt tackle. Then blast the game to pieces.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Zore posted:

Please do not consort with Pokemon in that way and apply a topical cream for that rash

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Seriously though, are we assuming that the starter evos are real because of the leaks, or has Gamefreak actually shown that they are?

This newest trailer is the first time her design has been in anything official and she's not in any other leak. The fact that she's in the design document with the exact same design as her official art down to the hair and flower being spot on means these are probably (read 99.999999999999999999% ) real. Especially considering this leak was put out a month or two ago.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 3, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mallow is a grass type

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Mallow is kawaii.

I hope that's Ash's Nyandre heating up the tea. The best episodes of the series were the ones focusing on his Chimchar>Monferno>Infernape overcoming abandonment through love and friendship and then wrecking absolutely everyone with Blaze-powered shounen righteousness. I'd like to see something as cool as that with Nyandre.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

mallow is a grass type

she's my type

Vernatio
Nov 13, 2015

Questionable!
I just realized, Rowlet is the first dual type starter first form since Bulbasaur, isn't it? I'm surprised they did that, considering it messes with a newbie's understanding of the type triangle.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Vernatio posted:

I just realized, Rowlet is the first dual type starter first form since Bulbasaur, isn't it? I'm surprised they did that, considering it messes with a newbie's understanding of the type triangle.

Not really? Flying doesn't interact with Fire or Water at all.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Carlosologist posted:

I believe that Mega Evolutions will continue to exist, but we'll only get like four or five, instead of 20+ per game

They still haven't explained what Ash Greninja is supposed to be. Plus that leak mentioned that it makes an appearance somewhere in the game. It would be kind of a dick move on the anime's part to include something like that but not include it in the games. People are still reeling over things like Pink Butterfree, Crystal Onix and the GS ball.

I'm pretty sure all the previous Megas are programmed in the game as well as their respective mega stones. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they're like the gems in the Gen VI games: programmed in, but unavailable, save for a couple. Or maybe they won't be available until you've beaten the main campaign... Whatever it's supposed to be.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

sharrrk posted:

i want to believe the rumor about the starters having 2 final evolutions. the ones we've seen arent bad but i want my cat to just stay a cat

I want my cat to hit your cat in the head with a steel chair. And spit on it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Dexie posted:

Not really? Flying doesn't interact with Fire or Water at all.

Yeah, it's not like gen 4's two way triangle. or gen 6's double triangle going one way.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I figured out why there wasn't a Z version: Zygarde can't have the Power Construct ability, only Alola Zygarde can.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Zuzie posted:

They still haven't explained what Ash Greninja is supposed to be. Plus that leak mentioned that it makes an appearance somewhere in the game. It would be kind of a dick move on the anime's part to include something like that but not include it in the games. People are still reeling over things like Pink Butterfree, Crystal Onix and the GS ball.

I'm pretty sure all the previous Megas are programmed in the game as well as their respective mega stones. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they're like the gems in the Gen VI games: programmed in, but unavailable, save for a couple. Or maybe they won't be available until you've beaten the main campaign... Whatever it's supposed to be.

Personally I think it's fine, and good, that the anime gets some exclusives and isn't completely limited by the mechanics of the game.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Zuzie posted:

They still haven't explained what Ash Greninja is supposed to be. Plus that leak mentioned that it makes an appearance somewhere in the game. It would be kind of a dick move on the anime's part to include something like that but not include it in the games.

I want that thing nowhere near the console games unless it's some kind of event greninja, and even then I dislike it. I don't want it as some kind of new mechanic, but if they go notch-eared-Pichu on it that might be okay.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i hope megas are dead, for the sake of 6v6 singles, the important format.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

tbp posted:

i hope megas are dead, for the sake of 6v6 singles, the important format.

lol if you think there's any fixing the giant shitshow that is 6v6 singles.

In fact, lol if you think competitive Pokes in general isn't a giant creaking mess.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

lol if you think there's any fixing the giant shitshow that is 6v6 singles.

In fact, lol if you think competitive Pokes in general isn't a giant creaking mess.

6v6 singles in both ORAS and old gens has a thriving competitive scene actually

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
lol if you aren't playing doubles, the obviously superior format. Singles is a complete joke and nothing should ever be balanced around it.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

my pick for tiers to main if you want to do competitive online play / singles play:
ORAS OU: not my favorite, but definitely the best if you want lots of opportunities to show that you are good. major tournament representation year round (substitute ORAS w/ "current gen") and the most active ladder online. i think its in 5 tours during the year

DPP OU: wealth of information online, great balance in the gen (tho infernape and breloom are kinda blegh, and not fun to play vs) and represented in 4 major tournaments. most of the "best players of all time" mained DPP as the current gen, many are still around and the meta is still evolving

ADV OU: widely considered the "most balanced" or "most competitive" generation, you hit a really solid balance between ability to be creative with your builds but not such a wide swathe of options that you will get 6-0d by something just bc you couldnt handle it in teambuilder. whats really cool is that many mons "soft check" certain threats, so long as you dont build a completely unbalanced team you will do well here. represented in 3 major tournaments during the year, but 2 of those (same w/ dpp btw) are reserved for ostensibly the 10 best active players and the 10 in ADV are some leagues ahead of the vast majority of new players. i was a finalist in ADV cup this year and its probs my favorite gen, also the one i played first online

ORAS UU: most likely the best of the "lower tiers", it has a really active community and is the tier that gives rise to high lvl competitive players more than any other current gen sans ORAS OU. the tier is moderately well balanced but for much of the ORAS lifespan it was the best of all the tiers in terms of options and broken threats. represented in 2 majors (1 where u need to be drafted), you wont get a huge chance to show off in ORAS UU, but the unofficial scene is bigger now than ever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Internet Kraken posted:

lol if you aren't playing doubles, the obviously superior format. Singles is a complete joke and nothing should ever be balanced around it.

I agree completely.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Internet Kraken posted:

your replays were why i started playing doubles

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

doubles players are typically worse than singles players, i have found. im more interested in higher level competition, but also understand that many folks enjoy using two mons at one time, and the strategies that can arise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

tbp posted:

doubles players are typically worse than singles players, i have found. im more interested in higher level competition, but also understand that many folks enjoy using two mons at one time, and the strategies that can arise

The format you like is rote and bad

• Locked thread