Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

A few years ago after a five mile trail run I went to McDonalds and got free food. I'm pretty sure it's because the cashier, or the person ahead of me in line, thought I was homeless. Moridin's right. There are advantages to looking like a poor/a crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Carmant posted:

Wore my neon green assless pants to the supermarket and a girl there gave me tons of free cheese, and it even came with toothpicks.

You are ok my friend

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Stinky_Pete posted:

And this, he thinks, is a better idea than saying a sentence at them. Astounding.
His brazenness increased over time. A few months after that he followed some poor girl around a nightclub for 20 minutes straight until her boyfriend physically threatened him to stop. We only know this because he proudly told us the whole sordid tale, including the amazing phrase "I would've beaten him up but he was too big." He was utterly serious about this and took great pride in it. Hard to believe but it's completely true. We often thought we must be on some candid camera show with the poo poo this guy was saying and doing.

At the end of the first year I got sick of him and gave him a piece of my mind. He left in a sulk and a few days later went on an hour-long rant to my friend about his amazing plan to destroy my greatest achievement and exact revenge - by making a better videogame than I could.

There's no end to the laffs this guy provided during my college years. He was so funny by virtue of being terrible that I was honestly sad to see him go by the end. :shobon:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Carmant posted:

Wore my neon green assless pants to the supermarket and a girl there gave me tons of free cheese, and it even came with toothpicks.

Did she put the toothpicks in your rear end asking for myself of course?

Edit: cheesy toothpicks in the rear end [*] everything about it

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Spatial posted:

We had a real piece of work in our college class. At first we thought he was just awkward, but one sunny day me and a friend ending up sitting behind him on a city bus by coincidence. He didn't know we were there and we wound up witnessing something pretty disturbing. He stood next to two girls, they were standing in an alcove beside him talking to each other and he was in the middle aisle. He keeps looking at them every couple of minutes in between cramming his phone right into his eyeballs. Oddly his phone seems to be blank. With his greasy asscrack hanging out of his pants, he begins to turn his butt towards them while looking intently at his phone. Ever so slowly he begins to move backwards, gradually pressing his grotesque butt into contact with them, pretending not to notice they're behind him. This goes on for over a minute until the two girls are squashed together with his pasty rear end and can barely move. The girls start giving each other looks and stop talking, but he's blocking the way out. Finally, as we stare utterly dumbfounded, they manage to squeeze past him when the bus turns a sharp corner it moves him away towards the wall.

Now that's creepy.

We had a guy in my intro to psych class who was incredibly fat and only wore anime shirts and sweat pants. Anytime a girl would say anything in class, he'd raise his hand and comment on what she said. Every goddamn time. I loving hated him. One day he walked up to us and said "The Beatles say happiness is a warm gun but I think happiness is a bloody and warm golf club." We also had a fat girl who would sit back and spread her legs letting the smell of her rancid vagina hit anyone sitting near her and this goddamn creep would automatically sit next to her even if there were plenty of seats open but they never talked. I assume he was near her for the smell. Goddamn disgusting.

One time I flicked a spider into her hair. :)

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

Lording the deli aisle

They love me because I'm chill

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

maybe but he knows I have a car bc we've smoked in it together before so idk how that meshes

Hey, homeless library goon also had a car!

Anyway, I agree with you that most people want to be friendly. I've had an experiment going on with a mustache that gets a lot of attention. Most of the time is positive attention, I've had many interesting conversations started because of it. Hell, it's even made interacting with immigration officers at airports a breeze, and managed to get smiles out of usually grim faced TSA employees. Every so often though, there's the bad attention, usually the odd group of late-teen/early-20s males. Fortunately when it happens it's mostly from afar so I can try to ignore them and live my life.

Only once I've had anyone actually say something negative. A 50-ish year old woman come over in a bar once, she asked me if it was real and then proceeded to tell me to shave it off. I later told my wife about it and she was like "the gently caress's her problem?". And yeah, what do I care what the woman thought, as long as the woman that sleeps with me is cool with it.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Spatial posted:

His brazenness increased over time. A few months after that he followed some poor girl around a nightclub for 20 minutes straight until her boyfriend physically threatened him to stop. We only know this because he proudly told us the whole sordid tale, including the amazing phrase "I would've beaten him up but he was too big." He was utterly serious about this and took great pride in it. Hard to believe but it's completely true. We often thought we must be on some candid camera show with the poo poo this guy was saying and doing.

At the end of the first year I got sick of him and gave him a piece of my mind. He left in a sulk and a few days later went on an hour-long rant to my friend about his amazing plan to destroy my greatest achievement and exact revenge - by making a better videogame than I could.

There's no end to the laffs this guy provided during my college years. He was so funny by virtue of being terrible that I was honestly sad to see him go by the end. :shobon:

But did you actually make a better video game than him? If not it sounds like he got the last laugh

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

rgocs posted:

Only once I've had anyone actually say something negative. A 50-ish year old woman come over in a bar once, she asked me if it was real and then proceeded to tell me to shave it off.

She was negging you, bro.

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Attractive guys can be creepy of course. It's objectively less common because they almost always have superior social skills and they are given more chances as attractive women are, but it happens.

lol at the cool aloof guy deli meat stories, I prefer authentic sensitive types

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
the people at my local Publix deli are icy and distant but they make beautiful Italian sandwiches

rgocs
Nov 9, 2011

poopnanners posted:

She was negging you, bro.

The thought did cross my mind, but I wasn't interested so told her that my wife actually loved it. "She doesn't, she just says that because she loves you, but she does NOT love that mustache", as she left she said something about her husband who was sitting somewhere else in the bar. Maybe they were looking for some team action, dunno.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Spatial posted:

"I would've beaten him up but he was too big."

When I was in high school, one of my friends didn't like this guy I went out with for a while, and one of his complaints about the guy was "The only reason he has all those muscles is because he spends all kinds of time at the gym! He's not just like that normally! If he stopped working out then he wouldn't look like that!

Apparently an hour and a half of weight training every other day with jogging days in between is "all kinds of time at the gym."

dog buttz posted:

We also had a fat girl who would sit back and spread her legs letting the smell of her rancid vagina hit anyone sitting near her

W?T?F???? How the gently caress does that even happen? :barf:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I fell in love with my husband because he's funny as gently caress without being a lovely bigot, and we were able to talk about everything with each other. We were both goddamn messes appearance-wise and lived with our respective parents, couldn't drive, didn't have jobs, etc. but he's a genuinely nice, funny and interesting dude, and my only regret is not giving him my facebook/phone number before I got banned from SA :)

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

PallasAthene posted:

When I was in high school, one of my friends didn't like this guy I went out with for a while, and one of his complaints about the guy was "The only reason he has all those muscles is because he spends all kinds of time at the gym! He's not just like that normally! If he stopped working out then he wouldn't look like that!

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

The Snoo posted:

I fell in love with my husband because he's funny as gently caress without being a lovely bigot, and we were able to talk about everything with each other. We were both goddamn messes appearance-wise and lived with our respective parents, couldn't drive, didn't have jobs, etc. but he's a genuinely nice, funny and interesting dude, and my only regret is not giving him my facebook/phone number before I got banned from SA :)

Get outta here ya wh-ore

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
Why has this thread turned into fuckin E/N.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Someone said there wasn't a firm definition of "creepy", but there is. Creepy is still pretty well tied to "creeping" in the traditional sense. That is, to creep, to try to do things furtively (and therefore with limited risk). Mr. Butt Sandwich was being a creep because he was trying to force his butt onto women while pretending that wasn't his plan. He was being manipulative, taking advantage of plausible deniability even though he knew what he was doing. If he'd been like "I'm going to shove my butt against you!" he'd be an obnoxious rear end in a top hat, but not a creep. Standing outside a woman's dorm window and yelling "I love you, Sandy!!" might be obnoxious or even frightening, but it's not creepy. Sitting out in the bushes waiting for a peek of Sandy through the window is creepy. Creepy is about being furtive when other people are acting in good faith, and that's why it's frowned upon. A creep is not a worse person than an obnoxious rear end in a top hat per se, but it's its own thing.

That said, doing something "creepy" doesn't make you a creep, just like doing one rude thing doesn't make you a bastard. Everyone does some creepy things, because the world is scary. Some "creepy" behavior is just trying to scope things out, with the intention of avoiding awkwardness for yourself and for the other person. But it has to be balanced against interactions which are conducted in good faith. I don't think most people who are creepy mean to be, they're just very shy.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

One instance of that was me, but that makes a lot of sense

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

speaking of whores, the other day i heard an old guy at the walmart pronounce the word as "whoo-urz." who in the year twenty and sixteen pronounces that word like that unironically? he didn't even have a southern accent! what a weirdo

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

i like that posted:

Attractive guys can be creepy of course. It's objectively less common because they almost always have superior social skills and they are given more chances as attractive women are, but it happens.

That's why I try to dress nicely and wear makeup, sometimes I still utterly bite it, but half the time it's "quirky" if you have the look down. :shrug:

I once complimented someone's baby, but it turns out it was a watermelon. I still don't know how I made this mistake (it was in the baby part of their cart) but they apologized for it not being a baby so I guess I made it out of there okay

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Is there a consensus on why these people are too good for hookers?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

PallasAthene posted:

Apparently an hour and a half of weight training every other day with jogging days in between is "all kinds of time at the gym."

W?T?F???? How the gently caress does that even happen? :barf:

drat, I had a friend say almost the same thing about me. I worked an outdoors physical labor job the summer I was seventeen and when school was back in, some of my friends were commenting on my weight loss and tan. One really insecure friend said "So what? It's only because he was working outside all summer." Uh.

Also no loving idea but I sat next to her two days that semester and both times it was awful. The first was because I didn't know better and the second was because I was late and it was the only easy to get to seat I saw.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

DreadLlama posted:

Is there a consensus on why these people are too good for hookers?

Probably just money. The redpill reddit seems to agree that hookers are actually better than women females plates

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/2u8yui/quality_and_convenience_why_i_switched_from/

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i hereby give everyone persimmon to rub thier buts on me

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

504 posted:

It wont matter what his intent actually is because ANYTIME someone in this thread makes ANY comment about ANY sort of interaction with a real live woman you post some snarky comment. Its almost like you are some kind of weirdo that cant stand those dumb jerks that all the stupid sluts seem to love.

I've had it up to here with sluts and jocks.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SciFiDownBeat posted:

speaking of whores, the other day i heard an old guy at the walmart pronounce the word as "whoo-urz." who in the year twenty and sixteen pronounces that word like that unironically? he didn't even have a southern accent! what a weirdo

frank reynolds?

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Pick posted:

I once complimented someone's baby, but it turns out it was a watermelon.

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

dog buttz posted:

drat, I had a friend say almost the same thing about me. I worked an outdoors physical labor job the summer I was seventeen and when school was back in, some of my friends were commenting on my weight loss and tan. One really insecure friend said "So what? It's only because he was working outside all summer." Uh.

The thing is, barring some actual physical handicap, most people could do the same. You got in shape working outdoors? Your buddy could have picked up on that idea and volunteered to clear trails in a state/national forest or something on weekends and he would have had the same thing happen.

Pick posted:

I once complimented someone's baby, but it turns out it was a watermelon.

I once congratulated someone for her (unborn) baby, but it turned out to be an unfortunate deposit of abdominal fat on an otherwise thin lady.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Pick posted:

Creepy is still pretty well tied to "creeping" in the traditional sense. That is, to creep, to try to do things furtively (and therefore with limited risk).
I don't think most people who are creepy mean to be, they're just very shy.

Goddammit I don't creep I skulk. It's brooding and mysterious and not at all geared towards avoiding social contact.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

PallasAthene posted:

The thing is, barring some actual physical handicap, most people could do the same. You got in shape working outdoors? Your buddy could have picked up on that idea and volunteered to clear trails in a state/national forest or something on weekends and he would have had the same thing happen.

I once congratulated someone for her (unborn) baby, but it turned out to be an unfortunate deposit of abdominal fat on an otherwise thin lady.

Unless she's shopping for baby clothes, at a baby shower and its made obvious that the baby shower is for her, or she's spread eagle with the kid crowning, you never EVER assume a woman is pregnant. Ever. Trust me on this.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

PallasAthene posted:

The watermelon wasn't even in anything, or disguised in any way, I just got confused. And if I'm going to look at a baby I'm not going to do it silently, I'm going to be friendly and say a nice thing about the baby, so I didn't have time to catch myself before revealing my misidentification.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I just go around and congratulate every woman I see on her future baby, most get offended but every once in a while they're amazed that I know because they haven't even told their husband yet and then they give me free deli meat

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

mods?

naem
May 29, 2011

Pick posted:

The watermelon wasn't even in anything, or disguised in any way, I just got confused. And if I'm going to look at a baby I'm not going to do it silently, I'm going to be friendly and say a nice thing about the baby, so I didn't have time to catch myself before revealing my misidentification.

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

The whore bitch Hillary doesn't serve a nice liberal like me.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
I once got a bunch of free bread and vegetables from behind a Subway at like 12:00am. Pretty sure it's because I'm reasonably handsome and just, y'know, comfortable and confident. These "nice guys" just need to relax a little.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

are you a raccoon cuz those guys are cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Mein Eyes! posted:

what page did this thread peak?

Probably somewhereabouts over in the aol' Fedora lagoon, back past them-thar Spree Killer swamps.

• Locked thread