Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
Is there a mod that lets you scrap all the houses in sanctuary instead of the arbitrary couple of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Is there a mod that lets you scrap all the houses in sanctuary instead of the arbitrary couple of them?

Scrap Everything is pretty great.

Just be careful. You might end up scrapping a road chunk or part of the Red Rocket Building if you're not.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Cernunnos posted:

Just be careful. You might end up scrapping a road chunk or part of the Red Rocket Building if you're not.

I've gotten in the habit of picking up & waving around whatever I'm about to scrap to make sure it is what I think it is. Alot of the normally unscrappable items have un-intuitive names and don't highlight properly.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Cernunnos posted:

Excellent, perfect thankyou :D

if i could make one mod it'd be some sort of quest that allowed me to rebuild sanctuary to prewar status. probably just the buildings and roads, i guess the plantlife is beyond help lorewise, though after 2 centuries even after total global nuclear war there'd be way more regrowth. Never liked how it always looks like the war happened a decade ago tops in fallout.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I wish there was a batch-scraping script mod to clean up all the basic trash and leaves around Sanctuary and other such settlements. It took me like 2 in-game days to clear that drat road so I could start making it inviting to traders and settlers. I guess it might be hard to customize, as one man's trash is another man's 'Oh god don't touch that it's crucial to my build!'. I hope at some point there is a mod that can undo the last thing you scrapped as I took out a house foundation trying to get some clutter. I think someone asked before but is there a mod that can at least temporarily turn off scrapping confirmations so I don't have to wear out both my 'R' and 'E' keys?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cernunnos posted:

Don't use scrap everything + expanded settlements + scrapall in the console. Lost most of the city block around hangman's alley just leaving random chunks of subway tunnels floating around :v:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Azhais posted:

Don't use scrap everything + expanded settlements + scrapall in the console. Lost most of the city block around hangman's alley just leaving random chunks of subway tunnels floating around :v:

Scrapall is always going to be weird in Hangmans Alley with Scrap Everything.

OTOH you can make a home inside that one building that sticks out in the middle of it and takes up all the space normally. 3-4 stories easily and it looks fairly natural if you only delete 1 section to put a door in.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Ever felt there wasn't enough tattoos in the game or they were badly postioned? Taboo Tattoo Uncut is what your seeking. It adds not only 6 more magazines with a bunch of ink cut from the game before release but edits and repositions others around the player body. Enjoy.

Also, ever felt the need to be really classy and old fashioned shoot Bloatflies to death in your bath tub? NEW GUN MOD The M1870 Gasser Revolver. Now go find a Tophat and your repeater Mr President!

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer
The author of homemaker is letting someone else "assist" with patches now.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Does this mod still work? "No level scaling".

I want to be able to find myself in situations where the only option is basically; "Don't let them see you and GTFO".

Either that or something that resets the levels upon entering a cell so that around sancturary isn't locked at the lowest possible level..

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
I don't think I'm understanding something here.

I've installed Mod Organizer, and tried to associate to FO4, but when I navigate to the folder where the application is, MO doesn't find it.

Am I missing a step here?

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Nitis posted:

I don't think I'm understanding something here.

I've installed Mod Organizer, and tried to associate to FO4, but when I navigate to the folder where the application is, MO doesn't find it.

Am I missing a step here?

You're not navigating to the exe itself, just to the folder it's located in. Like assuming you installed it through steam.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout4

that's where you want to navigate to.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

So I've been trying to edit textures, but all the clothing and skins seem to be in a method I'm not familiar with. It has the texture full side, and then quarter size, and so on displaying it smaller and smaller. I'm guessing it's some sort of "load smaller textures when looking at a distance" but it makes it a huge pain in the rear end to edit because if I'm not exact the texture warps around when zooming in and out in game.

Is this default, or something a mod like bodyslide has done to me? Any way to get around this, like just tell it to stop bothering with the texture scaling for outfits?

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK

Cheap Shot posted:

So I've been trying to edit textures, but all the clothing and skins seem to be in a method I'm not familiar with. It has the texture full side, and then quarter size, and so on displaying it smaller and smaller. I'm guessing it's some sort of "load smaller textures when looking at a distance" but it makes it a huge pain in the rear end to edit because if I'm not exact the texture warps around when zooming in and out in game.

Is this default, or something a mod like bodyslide has done to me? Any way to get around this, like just tell it to stop bothering with the texture scaling for outfits?

Oh those are the MIPmaps for the LOD. I think Fallout 4 uses nVidia DDS formats and if you have the Photoshop plugin installed you can tell it to ignore it while loading the file and automatically generate them when exporting.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Opals25 posted:

Oh those are the MIPmaps for the LOD. I think Fallout 4 uses nVidia DDS formats and if you have the Photoshop plugin installed you can tell it to ignore it while loading the file and automatically generate them when exporting.

Came back to edit and say I figured it out and it was exactly this haha, thank you.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Let's say I start a new game with the Season Pass DLC, then just go save Preston, and then just go straight back to Sanctuary and do nothing but let settlers scavenge and build up the town a bit.

If later, from that clean save game, I install a variety of mods (that do not affect Sanctuary) ... what's the worst that can go wrong, compared to using those same mods starting a brand new game?

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
This is based strictly on limited experience with FO4 and mostly from experience with Skyrim, but so long as a mod does not need to be run from the very start of the game, you should be mostly fine (apart from mods that alter the part of the game you're already past). Obviously it's never a surefire bet, but by and large I can't imagine there are too many mods that will drive your game into an unstable mess (which is the worst-case scenario).

Generally the worst case scenario is it doesn't work and you have to start a new game from scratch anyways, which is far from a huge crisis.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I've got a couple mods installed to change things up a bit, being the increased enemy spawns and create your own difficulty. I've got the game set to very hard with the damage I deal out be x1, and enemy damage x2. Right now I'm currently one or two shotting raiders at level 3. It's been so long since I last played the game that I can't remember if that's normal for early game. The deathclaw at Concord did take a fair beating however.

I would be otherwise use Iron Rose's weapon rebalance mod, but I do have a few weapon addons in the game, so that's why I'm using the difficulty rebalance to up the damage I deal out. Hopefully this works out well, and the increased spawns should hopefully make things interesting later.

One thing I would love would be for the power armor at Concord to be rendered damaged beyond repair during the deathclaw fight. I wonder if that could be made a mod.

e: I saw a video of Robbaz playing with the vault tec DLC, but it seemed to have parts I've never seen anyone use before. Including a vault door that I've never seen anyone using:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dFvsOQH6e8&t=326s
(skipped to the appropriate time).

Is this from one of the packs like homemaker or whatever? I'd much rather build a vault above ground and cover it in rocks than being limited to the Vault 88 spot.

Falken fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 31, 2016

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The vault door is from the Vault tec DLC, if you go into the generic door selection while in vault 88 you can see it as an option. When you finish the vault 88 quest it will let you build everything on the surface, so there you go. The rocks were definately a mod though.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Thanks for that info. I might just consider buying my first DLC for FO4 then. Not at all fussed for Vault 88, but I would quite like to build at Starlight or whatever.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

I barfed because you looked in my eyes!
After finishing my latest huge build I've lost the ability to assign settlers to any kind of resource or guard post. Has a new patch dropped or does anyone know of any mods that'll cause this? I can't seem to order anyone through Snap N Build or vanilla doors, either.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

For those that missed them, somebody has created from scratch the NCR Ranger hat and the Authority aviator style shades for Fallout 4. Enjoy.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

7seven7 posted:

After finishing my latest huge build I've lost the ability to assign settlers to any kind of resource or guard post. Has a new patch dropped or does anyone know of any mods that'll cause this? I can't seem to order anyone through Snap N Build or vanilla doors, either.

Snap 'N Build doors are straight up hosed and always have been, so there's that mystery solved. The good news is that settlers will generally manage to figure out a way through them after running into the adjacent wall 3 or 4 times.

For a serious response, that inability to assign happens to me too (and did in my vanilla playthrough as well as my modded ones). Seems like it starts happening once your settlement starts groaning at the seams with settlers and buildings. I found that it generally resolved itself if I spent a few days away from the settlement doing other things and came back later to try again.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm interested in trying one of the green wasteland mods the next time I start a playthrough, for a bit less barren desert look and more chernobyl look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ6PrJK4Cd8

Any of them have major performance hits or problems?
I tried the Resurrection mod and didn't notice any performance issues ( however I'm running an i5-4670, 16GB ram GTX 980 running off an SSD ) - My only complaint with the resurrection mod was the ambient jungle noises sound track which didn't quite fit.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

Snap 'N Build doors are straight up hosed and always have been, so there's that mystery solved. The good news is that settlers will generally manage to figure out a way through them after running into the adjacent wall 3 or 4 times.

For a serious response, that inability to assign happens to me too (and did in my vanilla playthrough as well as my modded ones). Seems like it starts happening once your settlement starts groaning at the seams with settlers and buildings. I found that it generally resolved itself if I spent a few days away from the settlement doing other things and came back later to try again.

Ah, I'm not sure that's it. I tried taking the Snap N Build doors off the structure, all the walls, placing the guard post on ground level, replacing the structure with only vanilla items, then putting the post on the floor away from the structure, and everyone still tells me it's impossible to get to it. I have two shops inside that have been assigned, but the settlers refuse to stand behind them. They won't even attempt to walk to them.

I only have 7 settlers at the site, so I don't think population numbers are the problem, but I'll spend a few days away from the settlement and cross my fingers. Thanks for the advice.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Hmmm. Out of curiosity, would this settlement happen to be Red Rocket and would the majority of construction happen to be directly on top of Red Rocket.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Unfortunately not. I'm currently working on transforming Nordhagen Beach into my own personal fortress.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

One of the annoying things with spring cleaning/scrap everything is that when you walk away from something that's not supposed to be deleted (say, a sanctuary house), you'll find its high distance model still exists.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Want some new helmets and masks to just spice things up? The Headpiece Dispatcher has you covered. Now you too can finally own a Pipboy mask!

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.

Brainamp posted:

You're not navigating to the exe itself, just to the folder it's located in. Like assuming you installed it through steam.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout4

that's where you want to navigate to.

Well, the good news is that I wasn't misunderstanding the process. The bad news is that, even though I can see the .exe and launcher in the folder you mentioned, Mod Organizer refuses to see it.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled MO, and keep coming to the same roadblock. Is there a specific version I should be looking for? I just grabbed the one off Nexus.

Nevermind, I figured it out. Wrong version.

I just needed to grab the correct one linked in the OP.

Nitis fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 1, 2016

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

Want some new helmets and masks to just spice things up? The Headpiece Dispatcher has you covered. Now you too can finally own a Pipboy mask!
Wow, those are really cool.

I'm looking for more wastelandy outfit mods, rather than the usual nanosuits, N7 armor and skimpy CBBE catsuits. So far I find myself just using the flannel shirt and jeans in the base game. :(

Also, more tactical equipment. I've installed C.U.T.E which looks interesting, but I haven't managed to craft anything yet.

I've also fallen madly in love with the R91 rifle. That thing is so nice looking, and has shitloads of mods.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Falken posted:

Wow, those are really cool.

I'm looking for more wastelandy outfit mods, rather than the usual nanosuits, N7 armor and skimpy CBBE catsuits. So far I find myself just using the flannel shirt and jeans in the base game. :(

Also, more tactical equipment. I've installed C.U.T.E which looks interesting, but I haven't managed to craft anything yet.

I've also fallen madly in love with the R91 rifle. That thing is so nice looking, and has shitloads of mods.

I've had these all listed in the Google Document for a while now, they are pretty much what you are after right?

Bad rear end Vault Dweller Longcoat
Survival Outfit Collection
Wasteland Fashion
Commonwealth Survivalist Gear
Adventurer Outfit
Mantis's Apocalypse Outfits Collection
Railroad Renegade
Eli's Armor Collection

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.

7seven7 posted:

Ah, I'm not sure that's it. I tried taking the Snap N Build doors off the structure, all the walls, placing the guard post on ground level, replacing the structure with only vanilla items, then putting the post on the floor away from the structure, and everyone still tells me it's impossible to get to it. I have two shops inside that have been assigned, but the settlers refuse to stand behind them. They won't even attempt to walk to them.

I only have 7 settlers at the site, so I don't think population numbers are the problem, but I'll spend a few days away from the settlement and cross my fingers. Thanks for the advice.

This is a known bug that bethesda haven't/can't fix and the only way around it is to roll back your save. Apparently bethesda introduced some code in patch q.6 to save resources on consoles to deactivate scripts in certain circumstances and it occasionally goes rogue and deactivates the script that allows you to assign settlers and spawns new ones. Also make the Taking Independence quest unfinishable as you can't assign the minuteman to the radio.

Bethesda have said even if they can fix the bug they might not be able to fix savegames where it has occured.

Workaround would be mods that let you build settlers and that autoassign settlers for you.

7seven7
May 19, 2006

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

This is a known bug that bethesda haven't/can't fix and the only way around it is to roll back your save. Apparently bethesda introduced some code in patch q.6 to save resources on consoles to deactivate scripts in certain circumstances and it occasionally goes rogue and deactivates the script that allows you to assign settlers and spawns new ones. Also make the Taking Independence quest unfinishable as you can't assign the minuteman to the radio.

Bethesda have said even if they can fix the bug they might not be able to fix savegames where it has occured.

Workaround would be mods that let you build settlers and that autoassign settlers for you.

Cripes. Well, there goes a 300+ hour playthrough. Guess I'd better go outside or something.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

WHO HERE LIKES BOMBER JACKETS!?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Welp, got 10 hours into my playthrough using that alternate start mod and found that for the start I picked he didn't just make Gunners and Forged neutral to the player but seems to have stripped their "turn hostile when faction member attacked" AI packages altogether. I even tried making the player and Forged factions enemies in the console and they wouldn't attack me.

Also he's abandoned the project and blames Bethesda for it:

quote:

Creation kit no longer works and my files all got deleted permanently, so I just dumped my latest backups. I think the main file 1.9 actually works

:nexus:

Oh well, time to start again.

e: Anyone playing/played with Arbitration that could comment on it?

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 2, 2016

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Wait, is this the alternate start mod where you are a synth and get to choose your background? I hope not cause I love that thing.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
That's the one.

Also, people in the comments of Arbitration are saying that one doesn't work right anymore and the guy hasn't touched it since April. Are people waiting on the final patch so it stops breaking their mods or did the long delay on the CK kill the momentum on bigger mods?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
So, I havent had time to look at this since April, did the settlement keyword stuff get sorted? for a while there we needed keyword manager mods, but then it looked like bethesda increased the keyword limit so it wasn't needed anymore, what was the outcome and common practice now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Excellent, perfect thankyou :D

if i could make one mod it'd be some sort of quest that allowed me to rebuild sanctuary to prewar status. probably just the buildings and roads, i guess the plantlife is beyond help lorewise, though after 2 centuries even after total global nuclear war there'd be way more regrowth. Never liked how it always looks like the war happened a decade ago tops in fallout.

It always bugged me that a shitload of prewar stuff in ruins was left untouched for 200 years