Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Mousepad wrist rests are an ergonomic trap and being in boobie shape probably makes that even worse

(edit) Unless it doesn't actually dip where the cleavage is, hard to tell from the picture, but anyway Bad Products

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

MisterAlex posted:

To even consider using one of those boob mousepads, I think I'd need either a lot more courage or a lot less self-respect. Or both.

How little self awareness do you need to buy one in the first place

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Improbable Lobster posted:

How little self awareness do you need to buy one in the first place

i'll have you know that i only ironically purchase my boob merch

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Those boob mousepads are erotic murder on your wrists.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Did you guys look at that mouse pad? It's mostly flat.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It's certainly not a $200 Honoka mouse pad.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of, Valkyrie Drive has gone live on Amazon and VGP

I'm guessing both include the pre order bonus but only VGP specifies that, plus VGP offers free worldwide shipping.

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
Is world of Final Fantasy Vita getting a Limited Edition? I've been checking Amazon and the SE store but it looks like they only have PS4.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Apparently instructions were just posted on how to decrypt Vita games and make game mods and hack saves. Nothing about piracy but fan translations are probably not far behind.

https://twitter.com/MajorTomVita/status/760595053865820166

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I'm thinking about buying a Vita tonight because my PSTV is notoriously loving awful and crash-happy etc, and I have an itch to actually play Atelier Ayesha and Trails of Cold Steel (and maybe other games, one of these days I'll play P4G if nothing else)

The slim and the original are both still in production/on sale, right? Is one notably better than the other for "99% used at home, like on the couch or in the computer chair or whatever" usage? Also I can yank out my PSTV's card and use that in the Vita right? (On a permanent basis, not switching back and forth)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Aug 3, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dehry posted:

Apparently instructions were just posted on how to decrypt Vita games and make game mods and hack saves. Nothing about piracy but fan translations are probably not far behind.

https://twitter.com/MajorTomVita/status/760595053865820166

I can't think of many Vita games likely to get fan translations to be honest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe some visual novel ports that already have translations on pc

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

The slim and the original are both still in production/on sale, right? Is one notably better than the other for "99% used at home, like on the couch or in the computer chair or whatever" usage? Also I can yank out my PSTV's card and use that in the Vita right? (On a permanent basis, not switching back and forth)

I don't think Sony manufacture the fat Vita any more, but that shouldn't factor into things.

The original Vita has a better screen, but a proprietary charging port. The slim has slightly better battery life (~15%), a micro USB charging port, and a slimmer and slightly lighter profile.

Which of the two you get is down to how much you care about those differences, and budget considerations; you can easily find Vita 1000s second hand for $100, unlike 2000s, but if you don't care and are buying new, you'll get the slim.

The memory card works in all three versions (original/slim/PSTV), so yes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Cool, thanks, I'll scope out what the Gamestop has and pick from there

Oh I guess the Odin Sphere remake is on Vita too, I thought that was just PS4. Neat, I never saw the original Odin Sphere but heard the remake was a Very Good Game. Some cool stuff to look into tonight. then. :)

(i'd like the better screen of the fatty, probably, but loving fie on proprietary charging ports, eesh)

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I'd get the second model hands down. You're already getting skullfucked by proprietary memory cards, you might as well not get skullfucked if/when the charger breaks. Half the time I charge my vita I plug it into my cell phone charger on accident and it doesn't care.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ImpAtom posted:

Tales of Innocence R

... Please?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Phantasy Star Nova?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Policenaut posted:

Phantasy Star Nova?

Here we go. Maybe even Lord of Apocalypse but that might be too old. Barely made a splash when the Vita was new.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Why are Sega so reluctant to bring Phantasy Star over nowadays anyway, I thought the last games they did bring over did pretty well?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

ImpAtom posted:

Maybe some of the dungeon crawlers that didn't get brought over here: they're in that spot where they don't tend to have unmanageably huge amounts of text but what's there is pretty necessary to play the game. Like, at this point I don't think prospects are very good for Operation Babel getting an official translation even though its prequel came over here, so that'd be one candidate.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

SoA does, but it won't happen because Sega Japan literally hates foreigners

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wamdoodle posted:

Here we go. Maybe even Lord of Apocalypse but that might be too old. Barely made a splash when the Vita was new.

I played Lord of Apocalypse on PSP shortly after it came out and it's really bad.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I played Lord of Apocalypse on PSP shortly after it came out and it's really bad.

Oh really, drat. I remember reading that it was a big improvement over Lord of Arcana. Then again, that game was pretty bland too, lol. Oh well. Still seconding Phantasy Star Nova translation.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Stanos posted:

I'd get the second model hands down. You're already getting skullfucked by proprietary memory cards, you might as well not get skullfucked if/when the charger breaks. Half the time I charge my vita I plug it into my cell phone charger on accident and it doesn't care.

This is what I did because it felt better and I didn't notice a difference in the screens anyway and gently caress proprietary ports

Now to download many many games

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the dude who turned an ingame movie into rickroll has posted his info about decrypting digital games and such

so let's start taking bets on time until this thing has the same amount of piracy as the psp

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

I found a PSTV at walmart for 20 bucks. What do I do now?

Where can I find the least terrible price for a 16 or 32gb memory card?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

the dude who turned an ingame movie into rickroll has posted his info about decrypting digital games and such

so let's start taking bets on time until this thing has the same amount of piracy as the psp

Can't wait to see all the Day Zero dumps of untranslated japanese visual novels

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Wamdoodle posted:

Can't wait to see all the Day Zero dumps of untranslated japanese visual novels

this but unironically

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

ImpAtom posted:

I still need Exstetra translated just because I hate myself

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

robotics;notes duh

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Thuryl posted:

Maybe some of the dungeon crawlers that didn't get brought over here: they're in that spot where they don't tend to have unmanageably huge amounts of text but what's there is pretty necessary to play the game. Like, at this point I don't think prospects are very good for Operation Babel getting an official translation even though its prequel came over here, so that'd be one candidate.

One of the bigger dick moves. "Hey here's this big rear end tower that popped up after blowing up the enemy base in space...but we'll get to that later. See you next time suckers!"

Then I read Babel sold like poo poo in Japan and realized it'll probably never make it over here. So yes that'd be a big one. Also the updated Sword City but that...might? make it over. Never know.

Highest Cactus posted:

I found a PSTV at walmart for 20 bucks. What do I do now?

Where can I find the least terrible price for a 16 or 32gb memory card?

You might be able to find someone selling a used one cheap but buying new your choices are bending over or waiting for a blue moon sale. I remember black friday Gamestop put 16gb cards on sale but they were cleaned out pretty quickly.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I get the feeling from initial playtime that I'm gonna be loving around with Odin Sphere for a while :3:

After that, I forgot I'd bought Trails of Cold Steel at some point on the PSTV so I guess I'm playing that before I look at Atelier Ayesha

Lot of good games to try!!

(edit) Boy fuckity is the wifi in this thing ever slow though

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Aug 3, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Are there fan translations of the Haruhi games. I would download those out of curiosity if I could get them running with homebrew.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
One of the PSP Haruhi games got a translation patch, IIRC.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
smh if there's no fan translations for the haruhi dancing game on the wii

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Steins;Gate will get a fan translation, because these idiots can't get over Mayuris ~Tutturu~

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

what is a tuturu?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

What is a tutturu?
Let me think for a second
Oh, it gets butt-naked

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Toodle-loo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3RzPQmlDY