Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
How are people getting free premiums, and does it involve playing WoT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

M.C. McMic posted:

How are people getting free premiums, and does it involve playing WoT?

You get one ticket per day in August that you get top 3 on your team in a tier 9 or 10, you get some free stuff including your choice of premium tank at the end of the month if you get enough tickets. There was also an event in July that awarded tier 5 premiums, the August one is giving out tier 6 ones.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Going by logic, the T14 is the most 'valuable' tank since 1) it's not for sale anymore (except maybe in high-priced specials to come) in the in-game store, and 2) there's more value in a US HT trainer than there is for a UK HT trainer.

It's also been unavailable long enough that pubbies might have forgotten about the MG port vulnerability.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Hellsau posted:

You get one ticket per day in August that you get top 3 on your team in a tier 9 or 10, you get some free stuff including your choice of premium tank at the end of the month if you get enough tickets. There was also an event in July that awarded tier 5 premiums, the August one is giving out tier 6 ones.

Note that instead the EU server has the following offer:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

Note that instead the EU server has the following offer:

the EU server also has a viable server population

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I don't understand why I see so many complaints about the IS-7 gun being bad. It's perfectly fine and everything about the IS-7 just feels so comfortable to play in. The bullshittium armor bounces so much without even having to think about angling and the mobility of this thing is pretty amazing imo. Aside from my own personal mistakes, of charging in like a headless chicken, this is one of the easiest tanks to play well in as opposed to the other tanks I usually play.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 2, 2016

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Hellsau posted:

the EU server also has a viable server population

I want free stuff :colbert:

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012

Tindahbawx posted:

Are they ever going to go back and make the air component if this franchise not poo poo?

I've been playing Warthunder recently a fair bit, but am again already a bit tired of some of the questionable decisions Gaijin made about its game. I prefer WT Tanks to WoT for sure, but not enough not to ditch the game entirely should WoWP ever be fixed.

I tried playing a couple WoWP games last week to get the free premium time from tokens and no it feels even worse flying the planes now, the NA server population caps out around 1000 during peak hours, and the bots they fill the matches with are both incredibly stupid and they break the games own rules for how the planes fly.

If server roaming ever happened and I'm fairly sure they scrapped it playing on EU or RU with actual teams of people and not 1+ min Que times might make it worth playing but even though I really enjoyed the game during the E3 event way back I doubt it will ever be good.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Agrajag posted:

I don't understand why I see so many complaints about the IS-7 gun being bad. It's perfectly fine and everything about the IS-7 just feels so comfortable to play in. The bullshittium armor bounces so much without even having to think about angling and the mobility of this thing is pretty amazing imo. Aside from my own personal mistakes, of charging in like a headless chicken, this is one of the easiest tanks to play well in as opposed to the other tanks I usually play.

Let me introduce you to the T110E5, but yeah I like the IS-7, its armor is good but also easily beaten by just shooting at them from slightly less head on angle or by being above them a little bit. I think the IS-7 gun is fine but could use some buffs, doesn't the China tier 9 get the same gun but with better soft stats?

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Excelsior is an actual good tank, the T14 is adequate, and the Matilda has 102 gold pen and is therefore pretty bad, though any pref 5 can only be so bad.

Where does the BP rate then?

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008
Matilda BP is great if you have a heart condition and need something a little slower paced than the high octane Churchill III.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Szcwczuk posted:

You guys know you get the excelsior for the august tickets right?

You mean the July Tickets....

I'm debating not bothering with the August Tickets. I only have 2 tier 9s to work with and I could see it being not worth my time to grind for the award, especially when my premium account is expired.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Blindeye posted:

You mean the July Tickets....

I'm debating not bothering with the August Tickets. I only have 2 tier 9s to work with and I could see it being not worth my time to grind for the award, especially when my premium account is expired.

I got two tickets on my first two games back, both losses. Being top 3 XP on your team on a loss is incredibly easy. Just trying for the doubles on both tier 9s should get you the daily tickets.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Wow, so you get tickets for playing T9-10 tanks. I'm glad I can't participate in this event. :wargaming:

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
I was kind of hoping they works make it tier 3-4 but I realized that it would just bring out the clubbing tanks and make those new players even more sad.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It wouldn't be that bad. You just have to be top 3 on your team regardless of win or loss and we all know how easy it is to get top xp on a loss when you have a lovely team.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

I think I've found the secret to making artillery fun.

Become the sky cancer. Embrace it. Let it flow within you. Every time I've gotten a kill or a nasty hit, I've said something like "Your test results came back. You have sky cancer", or "Warning: staying in the open drastically increases your risk of sky cancer", or, when I kill somebody. "Another life tragically taken by sky cancer!"

Had at least one opposing arty player ask me to stop because he was laughing too hard. I am running this poo poo into the ground, and I am laughing all the way there.

Edit: I'm not near the tier 9 American artillery, but when I get there, should I use the 155 for it's (relatively) quick firing and high accuracy, or use the 8-inch for it's damage?

Rorac fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 3, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Rorac posted:

Become the sky cancer. Embrace it. Let it flow within you. Every time I've gotten a kill or a nasty hit, I've said something like "Your test results came back. You have sky cancer", or "Warning: staying in the open drastically increases your risk of sky cancer", or, when I kill somebody. "Another life tragically taken by sky cancer!"

Had at least one opposing arty player ask me to stop because he was laughing too hard. I am running this poo poo into the ground, and I am laughing all the way there.

Welp I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Rorac posted:

Edit: I'm not near the tier 9 American artillery, but when I get there, should I use the 155 for it's (relatively) quick firing and high accuracy, or use the 8-inch for it's damage?

The 8 inch. The 155 loses a lot of staying power at that tier.

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Rorac posted:

Unless they changed things, a 155 at T9 is nearly useless. Unless you hit a hatch or something, most things are so up armored, they aren't even going to care about the little damage you are putting out. Not to mention having precious little splash.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Seriously Wargaming your League camo paint should be sold, because I'd love to make my poo poo as gaudy as possible.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Why do we not have tons of ridiculous hot pink camo in the fashion of that Maus camo. I would spend a lot of $$$ to support Pansy colors on my tanks.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Consider: rainbow camouflage

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

No seriously I'd buy those absurd camos for like 1000 gold a tank (assuming it covers all seasons).

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

the goons clans wouldn't be dead if we could cosplay bees in game

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Hellsau posted:

the goons clans wouldn't be dead if we could cosplay bees in game

Nah, they still would be. What doomed goon clans was the 100 person clan limit.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yep. Probably could have done a lot better if there wasn't a split.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

you're right, NDP would have been like, "We're black and yellow, SGLE is yellow and black! gently caress em"

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The only thing goons are better at than everyone else is spending :10bux: for an irrelevant comedy forum.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

BadLlama posted:

The only thing goons are better at than everyone else is spending :10bux: for an irrelevant comedy forum.

Star Citizen has us beat on that one

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
This guy was rude:

sjjsioq hope u get kill in real life
sjjsioq society dont needs kinda poo poo like u

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Where do you find these people and can you send some my way

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
In my experience, you don't even have to be shooting gold to have people get mad at you for shooting gold. Either they're morons, or they just say it in chat to get a reaction (or maybe try to embarrass you?).

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
My favorite gold-rage story will forever be the time my 10cm O-Ho got accused of shooting gold.

Pretty sure both teams were calling him a moron for that one.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I only call people out when they bounce gold off me. Or bounce something off me when I'm driving a tank with zero armour.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Control Volume posted:

Where do you find these people and can you send some my way

They love me and I love them.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

McGavin posted:

I only call people out when they bounce gold off me. Or bounce something off me when I'm driving a tank with zero armour.

Yeah, I only really bring it up when arty bounces HEAT off of me, or its an obvious tryhard in a cromwell or something spamming gold at me in my KV-1S. And only getting a ricochet. Over and over again. Sidescraping is pretty amusing, especially when people spam gold at you, unable to figure out why their shells keep bouncing.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Steelion posted:

My favorite gold-rage story will forever be the time my 10cm O-Ho got accused of shooting gold.

Pretty sure both teams were calling him a moron for that one.

I'm offended by you using anything but the fun gun on the O-Ho :colbert:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The NA server is a ghost town poo poo show. so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Man she gets pissy when someone isn't singing the praises of the tortoise.