Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

MadDogMike posted:

They changed the companion happiness stuff and conversations, so you don't actually have to bribe them up to get their companion conversations, they're now gated to where you are in story. They also set it up so "such and so disapproves" actually gives influence, just less than an approve response. Influence is just a factor in how strong companions are at this point.

I... actually didn't know this yet. Huh. Guess I've wasted a fuckton of credits on quests for companion gifts then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

LifeofaGuardian posted:

I... actually didn't know this yet. Huh. Guess I've wasted a fuckton of credits on quests for companion gifts then.

Well, it DOES upgrade their stats, which helps with content once it's high enough. Three people plus a high influence companion set to heal seems to work better than four players in an instance for example, and the endgame solo content pretty much needs a high influence companion, though at that point high level gifts are relatively easy to get. Note also that influence is the ONLY factor in companion stats now, gear just controls appearance (much to the delight of all the jackasses wanting nude companions no doubt). Between that and being able to set tank/DPS/heal roles on companions, they wanted to set it up so you could pick a favorite companion and do everything with them if you wanted, and by and large they succeeded.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What's the more diplomatic means to talk to the probation officer about stuff he doesn't have clearance for?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Glazius posted:

What's the more diplomatic means to talk to the probation officer about stuff he doesn't have clearance for?

Just being polite, explaining your security clearance and I think referring him to the General if he has any more questions - which he also doesn't like, but is still a step above implied violence.

I can see the issue with adding a defector to a high-clearance unit, and it's fair for a handler from the bureaucracy to be annoyed at being overridden by top brass with no consideration for procedure or precedent, but Kalor comes off as an unsympathetic stickler regardless. Not to mention the Jedi and Sith's revolving door policy of falls and redemptions kind of makes a mockery of the idea of opsec.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
Of course, one of the issues with "opsec" is that the primary fact Garza wants classified is that most of her Special Forces units just went bye-bye to the Imps. Kinda political considerations over national security issues here.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Sith Warrior Shadows of Revan Update 20: Off The Rails

There are matters I’d like to discuss in person, and I happen to be near the Rishi system.
Perhaps we can meet? Enjoy a respite from the bloodshed and destruction?

I will await you at these coordinates, but do make haste. My visit to Rishi must be brief.
Smooth. You know he’s going to play you for a sucker, right?
Of course, but I actually like this guy.

Click for Video

In all seriousness--how are you? I understand you’ve been working tirelessly for our Empire.
Is it satisfying, your craft? Putting down Hutts and cults here and there?

Speak plainly.
Consider this: the last Wrath of the Emperor served in that position for centuries, only departing after turning traitor.

“Through victory, my chains are broken.” There is no victory without contest.
I have a gift to aid your endeavors. I have come upon indications that you are being watched, and have been for some time.

These spies are mechanical, but ingeniously hidden using combinations of ancient and modern technology, welded into form using the Force.
Tell me how to find these droids. I would have words with them.
An associate of mine with connections in the Gree Enclave manufactured this: a device to reveal your foe.
Use it to reclaim your privacy if you wish… or to look upon the face of your watchers.
How does it work.
The usual way.
Activation is simple, but I’d draw your foes somewhere remote--the jungle, perhaps--to avoid interference.
There is infinitely more I’d offer you, but not until I’m certain we are alone.

The Wrath disobeys programming! Darkness must be preserved!
When he returns, all stars will die.

The Wrath cannot know! The ritual must proceed!
When he returns, there will be silence.

When he returns, there will be peace.

Click for Video (recommended viewing)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
"actually, gently caress you, I have this thing called agency"
+darkside points

oooooooh TOR.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ooooh! poo poo's getting good now! Interesting to see the Emperor and his schemes and servants are still reacting to the things you do, even if he's dead. Does this mean Vowran is off the Dark Council? It's hard to tell if the Hand are supposed to have the power of official censure considering they couldn't stop Baras that way, Vowran might be on the run just to avoid potential assassins.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dolash posted:

Ooooh! poo poo's getting good now! Interesting to see the Emperor and his schemes and servants are still reacting to the things you do, even if he's dead. Does this mean Vowran is off the Dark Council? It's hard to tell if the Hand are supposed to have the power of official censure considering they couldn't stop Baras that way, Vowran might be on the run just to avoid potential assassins.

The Emperor is after bigger game than the Dark Council.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Dolash posted:

Does this mean Vowran is off the Dark Council?

Vowrawn has left the Dark Council, yes. We'll be seeing him again though.

He didn't become the oldest living Dark Council member because he plays the game poorly.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

Cythereal posted:

The Emperor is after bigger game than the Dark Council.

Haven't we already seen the Jedi Knight plotline play out to where his goals are revealed?

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I feel I'm asking this a lot, but that section felt very 'Sith Warrior' specific. Would everyone get different people to give, and hand in, that quest to?

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

Every class gets a unique quest at that point, although they all follow the same basic format of "old friend with a problem arrives on Rishi".

It's the only class-unique story content post Corellia, unfortunately.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
KotFE then gives occasional class-specific bits, depending on context. But indeed, Corellia is where independent class stories go to die.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The ones I've played are Smuggler and Trooper, and they're the folks still around so I donno if they'll make appearances.

E: oh, and now that we know the "pretending to be a pirate" shtick of this planet, here's the Trooper's weapon you get through quests:

Sadly it still fires the chaingun blaster shots. It'd be too much :effort: to remap all the attacks to cannonballs.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 5, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I know Atronie and Quinine will have some sort of update, I hope Moon will find time to show off the agent's version (but if not, it's cool), and I sincerely hope we'll see Jolune's mission because the Jedi Consular's is the best of the lot (the Warrior's is the probably worst, unless the Bounty Hunter or Trooper get utterly boned. Again).

Updates are slightly delayed because of overtime at work and some technical trouble. My mouse has decided that sometimes singleclicks mean no clicks at all, and other times it means I'm clicking six times. It sometimes does this while I'm holding the button down or dragging files.

Edit: I will be showing off part of the costume from this arc once we get to the next planet in the chain.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 5, 2016

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

PoptartsNinja posted:

I know Atronie and Quinine will have some sort of update, I hope Moon will find time to show off the agent's version (but if not, it's cool), and I sincerely hope we'll see Jolune's mission because the Jedi Consular's is the best of the lot (the Warrior's is the probably worst, unless the Bounty Hunter or Trooper get utterly boned. Again).

Updates are slightly delayed because of overtime at work and some technical trouble. My mouse has decided that sometimes singleclicks mean no clicks at all, and other times it means I'm clicking six times. It sometimes does this while I'm holding the button down or dragging files.

Edit: I will be showing off part of the costume from this arc once we get to the next planet in the chain.

Knight gets an interestingish one - the force ghost of your old master shows up and gives you sort of remedial Jedi training because of your recent brainwashing from the Sith Emperor. It's a nice refreshing "Jedi are supposed to help people" moment.

kaosdrachen
Aug 15, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Can't speak for smuggler, but Trooper does not get boned.

God DAMMIT Garza.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
The Bounty Hunter's is surprisingly good in my opinion, though it depends to some extent on how you're playing the character. All the class quests here ask you to look at the 1-50 class story, and ask how you feel about it and what you've learned or decided.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ah neat. I was going to ask if any of the others were good, but I held off as I was hoping after the request earlier to see some of the other Rishi intros that this may come to happen. I'm looking forward to them.

Cythereal posted:

All the class quests here ask you to look at the 1-50 class story, and ask how you feel about it and what you've learned or decided.

This is kind of great for a an MMO I feel having very little experience first hand with the genre. I guess I kind of got that vibe from Morts version of it, but honestly at this point anything remotely clever I'm just assuming its from you lp'ers added stuff.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Strange Aeons

Click here for Video. Covers entire update.

PREVIOUSLY, ON BELSAVIS....

PRESENTLY, SOMEWHERE IN DEEP SPACE...

Reach out with your emotions. Let them guide you.

Yes... that's it....

Ashara, tell me: what did you see?
It was... it was you. You were in a jungle. Roots and vines, they took you, bound you, and then....
You were torn apart.
You saw the future. One of many possible futures, but a probable one, at the very least.
Then I heard a voice. A woman. She reached out to me through the Force. She told me you had to go to Rishi.
Rishi. You said Rishi?
Rishi's been coming up on the navicomputer. Thought it was some kind of glitch. Nothing out there but my kind of people.
That is no glitch. It is a message.
An invitation for you and me to go off on a little pirate holiday? Heh, no. I know better than that.
Let me guess: you're thinking of walking straight into a trap.
Perhaps it is a trap. What of it?
Tell the crew there's been a change of schedule. I should very much like to visit this "Rishi"....

We arrived on Rishi without any complications. It seemed we were not the only ones drawn here, as a wrathful whirlwind had already torn its way through the cove, and I had a pretty good idea who this force of nature was. Other than that, one name was a barely detectable constant above the din: Revan. My allies and I struck him down ourselves, and yet his name permeated the ruccus as if he were performing live tonight at the local cantina. The Revanites, or the Order of Revan as they now called themselves, seemed to be making a power play of sorts, and it would do well to not let them infiltrate my own ranks. Beyond that, I was beginning to think coming to Rishi had been a wild bantha chase after all, as there were no further occurrences of note. That is, until I finally heard back from one of my own...

What do you have for me, Pyron?
Your apprentice Ashara briefed me on the Order of Revan. We are discretely sweeping for infiltrators in your ranks.
Good.
If I may, I've also prepared a briefing on current military operations. I'll endeavor to be quick.

Several dreadfully boring minutes of military operations later...

...as for the Celanon campaign, Darth Marr is coordinating the joint armada with minimal losses.
That does raise the issue, however: Our Silencer fleet-killers are underperforming as the Republic adapts tactically and technologically.
We may be able to refine the Silencer cannons further, but their radiation output will begin to kill our own gunners. Shall we proceed?
Make the refinements, but post a skeleton crew to any ships so equipped. We have only so many troops to spare.
Yes, Dark Lord.
There is also the question of Alzar. Darth Ravage still believes the natives hold no value and expands rapidly into their territory.
Your Overseers on Korriban believe the Alzarians might be trained as Sith, but to recruit them now could make an enemy of Ravage.
Let Ravage whine at the next council meeting. The Empire needs allies, not resentful colonies.
As you wish.
One last order of business. I understand you're on Rishi; normally I wouldn't bother you with trivialities, but....
Speak, Pyron.
You have a servant there by the name of Lord Veijel. Like many, he's been seeking an audience since your ascension.
He won't say why, or speak to anyone but you. However, Thanaton clearly prized him--he received significant resources for his "research".
Do we know anything about what he's doing on Rishi?
Veijel was designated a "seeker into matters exotic and arcane". Quite a few of your researchers have this designation.
Whether Veijel's work is productive or--like certain other legacy projects--mere eccentricity is not for me to judge.
Where do I find him?
I'll send coordinates. Perhaps your archaeologist might assess Veijel's work with some insight as well.
Then you are dismissed.
My life for yours, Dark Lord.
HK, return to the ship and fetch Talos for me.
Dismissal: A meatbag so physically malnourished would not provide sufficient protection, Master.
Just do it. I can take care of myself, and I need his advice.
Begrudging Confirmation: Yes, Master, I will do as you ask.

I recall Veijel's name, but we've never met. What do you suppose he's found out here?

It is my deepest honor to welcome you to Rishi. I'd begun to doubt--ah, but I was a fool.
You sought an audience, I have come. The Reclamation Service will observe.
On my life, I shall not disappoint.
I was sent here thirty years ago--not for Rishi, but to stand on the brink of the Rishi Maze, the dwarf galaxy!
Thousands of unexplored worlds, just beyond the known hyperlanes. My master tasked me to monitor those dark stars.
First he demands my presence, now he tells me he's been stargazing. Does he deserve to be punished?
Hear me out, Dark Lord, I beg you!
There have always been rumors about the Maze. I admit he has me curious.
Proceed.
I built a deep space communications array--to watch, to listen, to try to contact the Maze's inhabitants.
And I received signals! Messages! The language is ancient, contemptuous of translation... there are Sith words, Rakata, Gree!
The messages contained instructions for improving, modifying the communications array. Even I don't understand what functions the machines now possess.
Whoever or whatever sent these signals must have contacted our galaxy before. What could the origin be?
An offshoot species is possible. Or perhaps an artifical intellect--a lost Rakata drone in deep space.
When's the last time you received a signal?
The signals went silent some years ago, but I believe the array is now waiting for you.
Waiting for me?
The last messages said the array required one "twice transmuted and reborn to the Mother".
Transmuted... as I was on Balmorra, and by the corruption of the Sith spirits.
And then rejuventated by the Mother Machine of Belsavis. Fascinating.
Some distance species has been waiting for you, Dark Lord--whether by prophecy or biology. You could activate the array, learn its purpose.
What does your Reclamation Service experience tell you?
My lord, my experience... says that pursuing mysteries such as this often leads even the wisest Sith to insanity. History is clear.
But curiosity urges me forward. And you have defied the odds so many times before.
Await my return, Veijel. I will examine your machines.
As you will, Dark Lord.

Heading into the jungle, the four points of the array were not difficult to find. I was not expecting their reaction to be so potent, however.

A massive amount of energy was sent coursing through my body. For the briefest moment, my life was pain beyond comprehension, and yet... I knew its intent was not harm. I felt it. Then I heard it, a robotic voice spoke to me through the array. Was it an artifical intelligence after all? Or a droid, perhaps? Or was it just what was programmed into the array itself? It mattered not. I had to find the rest.

Genetic flux analyzed. "The tesseract is fear." Subject confirmed. The Dark Lord's lifespan increases by one solar cycle.
Genetic decay analyzed. "Redeem or destroy!" Subject identified. The Dark Lord's lifespan increases by one solar cycle.
Mother's mark analyzed. "Someone must be sacrificed." Subject identified. The Dark Lord's lifespan increases by one solar cycle.
Life-death balance recorded. "Beware his desires!" Subject identified. The Dark Lord's lifespan increases by one cycle.

There were four arrays in total. Each time, I felt as if I would die, yet inexplicably I felt better than ever the more it happened. It was invigorating, intoxicating. The voice continued to speak to me. What did these messages mean? I had no context. I would have to hope that the answers would come to me in time. For now, with the arrays activated, we returned to Lord Veijel.

Was all to your satisfaction, my lord? Were the machines responsive?
"The Dark Lord's lifespan increases by a solar cycle." Does that mean something to you?
Then... it was real?
What was real?
Real! Arctis believed, Thanaton believed, but I doubted. I feared to offer you false hope.
The machines are made to increase life expectancy. Cellular rejuvenation! For anyone without your... exotic past, the process would surely have failed.
But for you, Dark Lord... those machines have granted you months or years. A taste of immortality!
"A taste of immortality." I've awaited this opportunity--but I desire more than a few extra dying breaths in my twilight years.
Of course, of course. Then grant me the means to fulfill your wish.
Grant me battalions to pacify this world. Grant me scientists to replicate the machines. Grant me fleets to explore the dwarf galaxy!
Now we know: the secret to your everlasting glory is here! We need only find it!
My lord? I have... concerns about this course of action.
You are here to advise. Advise me.
The long search for immortality so often leads to ruin. You saw this with your first master.
Who will count Zash among the great Sith, when she squandered her power on a fruitless quest? And now, with our Empire in such need of your resources...
I will remember your counsel. But I am not Zash.
Lord Veijel--Moff Pyron will supply you troops as soon as possible. Keep me informed of all progress.
Yes, Dark Lord. If it requires a year and a thousand men for each month of life you gain, it will be done.
Good. For now, I have an Empire to run, and crises to see to.
All glory to Darth Nox!
All glory to you!

The Journal of Darth Nox posted:

For ages, Dark Lords of the Sith have yearned to reproduce the arcane abilities of Tulak Hord; the process behind his nearly successful bid for true immortality in particular has either eluded or ultimately disappointed those who have sought to know it.

Whispered rumors persist of many varying ways to achieve eternal life, from the obviously false to the convincingly esoteric. Lord Veijel's recent discovery on Rishi appears to be the most promising candidate to date, but as with past claims that were proved too good to be true, this newfound lifespan extender may not be as it appears on the surface.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So the Inquisitor gets immortality, and the Warrior gets... called on the carpet for distracting himself with this so-called "end-game content"?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Glazius posted:

So the Inquisitor gets immortality, and the Warrior gets... called on the carpet for distracting himself with this so-called "end-game content"?

Who'd have thought the one reporting directly to the Emperor would have to deal with politics while the Dark Council member just gets things done?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Warrior gets called on the carpet for another reason that will become much clearer when we hit the next planet, but yeah.

I still think the Consular's scene is the best of the lot.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That was a pretty cool diversion, neat to know that if things go to plan Darth Nox will be kicking around millennia from now to chide Palpetine's sophomoric efforts.

Although that guy's boast about "we'll spend a year to get a month!" needs work, that's exactly the kind of return-on-investment that'll cause the project to fail.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Sith and Darth especially are known as maniacs. I wouldn't risk slighting one of them like that lest there be lightning.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The Inquisitor can actually decide not to spend resources on a chance at living forever, and instead focus on the Empire.

Also, I like the touch that even Nox spends time training Ashara, since she is one of her apprentices and all.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

wiegieman posted:

The Inquisitor can actually decide not to spend resources on a chance at living forever, and instead focus on the Empire.

Also, I like the touch that even Nox spends time training Ashara, since she is one of her apprentices and all.

Yep. The Inquisitor can agree that chasing immortality is a fool's game, and tell the guy to stop when he instead suggests various other rituals or doomsday weapons. Darth Imperius earns their title by consistently putting the Empire above their own personal desires and making the Empire stronger, something Darth Marr comments on a few times.

Inferior
Oct 19, 2012

RISHI: IN THE FULLNESS OF TIME

Masters Bestros and... Wait, what are you wearing?

I've gone undercover as a space pirate.

Is that what space pirates wear?

Yeah! Shiver me space timbers! Pieces of space eight!

Yarrr.

You've got an eyepatch on over your ... actually, never mind.

(Yes, this is what the Rishi-specific gear looks like. Stylish, no?)

I miss the Council's debates, Grand Master. But, alas, Tython isn't where I'm needed.

I've heard rumors. But I can't guarantee this channel is secure, so I'd rather you safeguard your secrets. Just listen.

The Jedi Council must do more than react to crises--we must see to the future of the Order and the Republic.

We must see that one exists for starters.

What we've seen in war, the truths we've learned, will be our gift to later generations. And few Jedi have seen or learned more than you.

Years ago. And humility is no virtue when it blinds.

In truth, you are becoming one of the greatest Force users our Order has ever seen. You stand witness to our era's conflicts.

But to reach your full potential, you must test yourself--and there's one trial you've yet to undertake.

Yes. You've contributed to holocrons before, but we need a full archive of your history, your thoughts--a record to continue all your life, as you grow, learn and change.

This is a great honor.

I had second thoughts when I saw you in that hat. But no, this is the right thing to do, and the right time to do it in.

As you said, we have a duty to the future, and I feel the burden keenly. But I've had no opportunities to act.

How do you suggest I proceed, Master Satele?

He wishes to aid you in the device's construction. He's come to Rishi, believing the Force has willed it. You might be flattered.

Where is he?

I'll send coordinates. Please get changed before you go see him.

LATER...

Rishi is my kind of planet, Qyzen. Good weather, good food, good deeds to be done.

Is good world. Many points to be had here. Have heard jungle wampas live outside city.

Jungle wampas? Seriously?

Swear to Scorekeeper, they are real. Known as 'Angry Old Man of the Forest'.

Eeesh. I think I'll stay in the city.

This looks like Master O'a's place.

But when the Force gets pushy--says "Be on Rishi in three days! You'll know why!"--well I make an extra effort. And here you are!

You're Master O'a?

That I am, here to help build your holocron. Can't disappoint Lara Cordan when she's trying to form the New Rift Alliance!

Um...

Or the first of the Esh-kha neo-Savants, a century or so from now. He'll need good advice.

One of my talents, but it's not always a blessing.

These days I see mostly darkness, dead planets... lots of ways the future could go.

Still, if anyone survives this war, they'll need your holocron to rebuild! Ready to start?

What do we do?

A holocron can speak, answer questions... it can't think, but it will have the knowledge and memories you provide.

On Tython. I worked with our ancestor's teaching holograms. On Coruscant, I recovered the Noetikons, which contained recordings of multiple Jedi.

The Noetikons! Fabulous devices. You understand, then.

First thing is to scan your brain, establish a baseline. For that, we need you at a very particular level of consciousness.

On Tython, you'd use a meditation chamber to achieve a ‘Susheer State' of serenity. But every culture has similar rituals--we'll make do with what Rishi provides.

l did some reading. There's a Rishii shamanic blessing similar to one used by the Jawas of Tatooine.

Wow, what are the odds?

Surprisingly good actually. There's only so many ways you can combine chanting, fire and mild narcotics.

I'll walk you through it--it starts with the gathering of kishu reeds. Wear gloves if you don't want scars.

Anything else?

I'll take you through each step on the comm, but best you make this journey alone. When you're finished, we'll begin construction.

You heard him, Qyzen. Best I do this alone.

Sure?

Sure.

Hrm. Keep eye out for jungle wampas then.

I promise I won't fight anything exciting if you're not there.

Good.

DEEP IN THE JUNGLE...

Ugh. Jungle wampas, for crying out loud. I sure hope Qyzen was making those up.

*sniff*

Are these kishu reeds?

The reeds represent life and the structure of life. Feel the toughness of their forms--and within, sense the flow of the Force.

Breathe with the wind as you gather them. Smell their sap. Let the simple task calm your mind.

As you gather the reeds, feel yourself open to your surroundings. If you hear voices through the Force, past or present, do not fear.

Master Yuon is taking a new apprentice?

Once you've got an armful, on to the next step: Purity of body, purity of spirit.

Bathe yourself in the waters of Rishi. Cleanse yourself of your concerns, and let nothing trouble you.

Let the waters rid you of everything but self. “There is no emotion, there is peace.”

The Hand closes. The rejuvenation begins.

Targeting Republic battle cruisers!

Now, there is a place sacred to the Rishii. Build a fire from the reeds there, and we will proceed.

The reeds are the structure of life. Now they burn, and the smoke flows inside you.

Structure and form is bequeathed to the intangible air, the unseen mind. Your thoughts gain perfect shape.

You were the best I ever knew. Goodbye, Jedi.

...!

THERE IS NO LIFE. THERE IS THE FORCE.

For the Republic! Republic! Republic!

You have achieved a Susheer State. Come, and we will build your holocron.

BACK AT MASTER O'A'S HOUSE...

[VIDEO: Days of Future Past]

The crystal matrix is developing, but it has to anchor itself on your experiences and knowledge.

I'll ask you questions as the Force guides me. The holocron will record your answers.

Ask your questions, Master O'a.

I see a half-trained Jedi in the forests of Sarkhai, where your apprentice bore your holocron after your death.

Nadia...

The half-trained Jedi wants weapons to fight those who destroyed the Republic. She wants vengeance. What answer do you give?

It's a difficult path for her, but she walks it well in the end. She teaches others. She learns her enemies aren't her enemies.

He seeks to learn what made you strong; walk your path on the now-ruined world of Tython. Will you guide him?

If he walks my path, sees what I've seen and learns what I've learned, then the galaxy will have nothing to fear from him.

He does see what you saw, but he resists it--he kills--before the lesson takes. In the end, though, he redeems his home.

In the end?

You already have many titles: Jedi Master, Barsen'thor, Herald. You could bear others: Seneschal. Hierophant of the Jal Shey. Betrayer of Balmorra.

Which will you choose as your legacy? When your holocron is activated, how will it name itself?

I don't know where your next fight is, my friend. I don't know if any of us will make it through the year.

But if I outlast you, I promise to protect what we built today, if I can.

To throw a light into the future...

...may be the best any of us can hope for.

But it's a hope at least. You've done me a great kindness. It's good to know that whatever happens, I'll leave behind something of value.

It's my privilege to serve a Council member.

BONUS CODEX CONTENT:

Master Kutri O'a posted:

Kutri O’a is no stranger to war. He assisted in defending the Minos Cluster and raided Sith warships in the First Battle of Bothawui, though you wouldn’t know it from his warm and friendly demeanor. Rather than reflect on past hardships, the Bothan Jedi Master prefers to engage in scholarly pursuits and maintain a positive outlook.

As one of the true masters of the holocron craft, Master O’a has been in great demand throughout Republic space and beyond, but he does not act on behest of the whims of others. He can sense through the Force when and where he’ll be needed and plans his travel accordingly–even if those plans take him straight into the heart of danger.
BONUS RISHI ARRIVAL:

[VIDEO: Welcome to Rishi]

BONUS QUIZ: Hey kids! Can you identify the six voices Jolune heard in the jungle?

Inferior fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 9, 2016

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I was saving that hat to be completely out of place on Yavin! :argh:

Oh well. Great minds and all that.

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure Master O'a is the only Bothan who appears in the game.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 8, 2016

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: Also, I'm pretty sure Master O'a is the only Bothan who appears in the game.

Nope! Rise of the Hutt Cartel added the Kuat Drive Yards flashpoint, and the Republic's contact for that is a Bothan fleet admiral who returns in Fallen Empire.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

A very different road to immortality. So a few thousand years from now, a cranky, immortal Atronie and the holographic memory of Jolune can still carry on their nerd arguments.

I'm thinking Quentine'd aim for more of a "license his image to market a cheap brand of gin" type of immortality.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
That was pretty neat. I'd hope her advice includes: "If you ever feel the urge to wear a silly outfit, just go with it."

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Dolash posted:

A very different road to immortality. So a few thousand years from now, a cranky, immortal Atronie and the holographic memory of Jolune can still carry on their nerd arguments.

It'd be the perfect buddy cop film. 'One is an immortal Sith! The other is a Jedi Holocron!'

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hm, cant decide if that outfit is flattering or unflattering.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

SynthOrange posted:

Hm, cant decide if that outfit is flattering or unflattering.

It's a really good Jedi looking robe but the skirt bit clips through your lightsaber.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

PoptartsNinja posted:

I was saving that hat to be completely out of place on Yavin! :argh:

Oh well. Great minds and all that.

You gotta admit a Miraluka wearing an eyepatch is funnier anyway.

SKY COQ posted:

It's a really good Jedi looking robe but the skirt bit clips through your lightsaber.

Heh, how many outfits DON'T clip through weapons?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

MadDogMike posted:

You gotta admit a Miraluka wearing an eyepatch is funnier anyway.

Heh, how many outfits DON'T clip through weapons?

Most of the ones I've bothered to account unlock :colbert:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I really like that little sequence. It feels like the sort of thing you should be doing, like, all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Glazius posted:

I really like that little sequence. It feels like the sort of thing you should be doing, like, all the time.

I agree, it's the reason I feel the Consular's Rishi scene is the strongest of the lot. It's exactly the kind of thing a Jedi of Jolune's stature should be doing.

• Locked thread