Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is there room in a goon guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Finally got Belle

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Maxed out both heals on my Belle and moved Outer Space over to her. Have fun using her for Monday raids.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Somefool posted:

Let's talk about Saturday's raid aka Hellmaster.

I was going to post this video and then talk about stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssRhCCbHFfg

However, there was an initial strategy that I had before but completely forgot about until now.

In theory, the following SHOULD work.

Team composition: 3x Paper Heroes, Deborah/Sione, Kitty + Kitty merc

There are 2 paper tiles on this map and if you place any hero on it, they would need a 5 tile range skill in order to hit Hellmaster from his initial position. Kitty only have 1 skill with a 5 tile range and it's her 2nd skill. Her 2nd skill also happens to stun if the target is under the effect of DoT. The stun chance is 80% at max and with soul gear, it can shoot up to 100%.

As far as I know, Hellmaster isn't immune to DoT. If done correctly, every turn Kitty will fire her laser with a 80% chance to stun the boss. This should permanently stun the boss until rng screws you over and it's much better than relying on Unknown/Alex with their 75% stun chance.

I'll try this method again next Saturday, so I need more Kitty mercs with 2nd skill upgraded. Damage doesn't matter because I don't need Kitty finishing off the boss. Defense matters in case the boss counter attacks.

Does this work for Monday (today) too?

Post if you want me to replace my Rask merc for Kitty

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Helical Nightmares posted:

Does this work for Monday (today) too?

Post if you want me to replace my Rask merc for Kitty

Probably won't work because there are enough spaces for Kitty to be in range for her 1st skill. Also the minion spawns will shove your heroes around even if you somehow blocked Kitty from getting in range for her 1st skill.

If you want to farm a ton of points, it would still be doing the trapping method where you get him stuck on an island tile. Doing that requires a gently caress ton of effort though.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

:frogsiren: Floor 65 of this month requires Persona to beat! :frogsiren:

He is actually mandatory for this floor. If you don't have him, request a Persona merc. He has to be in slot 4!

edit: 85 is the same gimmick except you need Lily AND Persona. Persona in slot 2 and Lily in slot 5.

This month is weird.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 1, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Welp, good thing I was planning on leveling up Lily. I'll be sure to ask for the merc when I reach 65.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Somefool posted:

:frogsiren: Floor 65 of this month requires Persona to beat! :frogsiren:

He is actually mandatory for this floor. If you don't have him, request a Persona merc. He has to be in slot 4!

edit: 85 is the same gimmick except you need Lily AND Persona. Persona in slot 2 and Lily in slot 5.

This month is weird.

Would a Lily merc work? If not, must the Lily be fully skilled?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

The gimmick of the floor is that you have to move the boss to a tile and you have 2 turns to do it.

Persona is the easiest because you can just swap him directly onto it. Lily requires more specific positioning. You can also bring Lilid for more positioning help.

It's more of a puzzle floor than battle because nothing will attack you. You technically don't have to skill any of those heroes but you will end up with a ton of rng if their skills aren't close to max.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I need decent to good Lee mercs, even if it's all vanilla gear.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Somefool posted:

As far as I can tell, Dolores only affects the clear gold and not the card rewards which is where the majority of the gold comes from.

Is this also true for the world map, or just in the Sunday gold farming?

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Just started playing a few days ago and I guess there's an event now where I can buy stuff with "Medal of Passion." I don't know what these medals are but I have 710 of them, so should I be spending them or saving them for something?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

soscannonballs posted:

Just started playing a few days ago and I guess there's an event now where I can buy stuff with "Medal of Passion." I don't know what these medals are but I have 710 of them, so should I be spending them or saving them for something?

Buy all the daily stuff except Keys and Soulstones.

For Limited I'd say listen to ninja.

baram. fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Aug 2, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

soscannonballs posted:

Buy all your daily stuff every day. The event runs all month, you will have plenty of time to grind out everything, almost certainly.

On the limited side, buy in this order:
Perfect Genes
Devil's Souls
Chocolate Warrior
Winner's Proof
Soul Gear Summon Scroll
Transcendence Tickets

Use your initial level 200 coocoos from the daily buys to rush everybody up to 3 stars. Once you're there, buy the Devil's Souls and use them, with 3 days of event coocoos each, to rocket 3 people towards (or to) 4 stars. You're early enough that it doesn't matter who, precisely, but a good bet is taking Alfred, Deb, and Valkyrie. Get in a guild ASAP, do the guild raid for a week, you'll get Valkyrie, and she's going to be a giant help. Deb you want to make part of your initial group because she's your ticket to raising your scissors coocoo level, and Alfred is good in every single coocoo level, and will also help raise those. Raising those, in conjunction with daily event coocoos, will help you raise the rest of your people and advance the story to get better people like Jack, Serendi, Gillan, Jin, and Bearman.

Also, always do battle of honor and dimensional battle. In addition to providing extra energy, they give giant piles of money, diamonds, and genes for four of the most useful heroes in the game. (Belle, the best healer, Persona, who has a skill nobody else in the game does and can occasionally nosell entire tower levels, Lena, who has one of the best skill sets in the goddamn game, and Fruel, who is the single best murderer of paper units in the game)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Thanks to hunkmanbeef for the Persona merc, since his was set to it. 65 is really easy and seems to exist to see if you have Persona or a merc.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Alright, all of my main team is already 3 stars. I play about an hour or two a day where I go through the story mode, and the rest of the time I have just been using the auto-retry to run the boss levels to use up my stamina. I just got to the 4th island so my plan is to clear that tomorrow.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEnG3h-6sYU

Boy I hope you guys all have Persona, Nirvana, Serendi, Lance and Lily all skilled up. :razz:

You also need Serendi's movement costume if you haven't bought that already too.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 2, 2016

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

Somefool posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEnG3h-6sYU

Boy I hope you guys all have Persona, Nirvana, Serendi, Lance and Lily all skilled up. :razz:

You also need Serendi's movement costume if you haven't bought that already too.

...if there's a substitute for Nirvana I might be able to manage it by the end of the month.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

...if there's a substitute for Nirvana I might be able to manage it by the end of the month.

Nirvana merc works. You just need to give speed buff to Serendi.

If you don't have Nirvana AND Persona, then you might be hosed.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Yeah, also no Persona. But I guess I can start dumping pvp currency into his genes.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Lmao guess I'm not getting there. I'm still working on getting Belle.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I'm pretty sure someone will come up with strats that don't require Persona or Nirvana but it's probably going to require you to gear certain heroes you probably didn't invest time in.

This month's ToD Hard is actually a lot harder since the boss floors are split between puzzles and difficult battles.

edit: I can't handle this. Floor 110 is too much for me. You have to kill the dragon with your own raw damage because he's Hellfire immune. :suicide:

edit2: This is not a good month for unlocking Yeka.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Aug 2, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Would people please do me a favor and take water walk off your bloody raboffs?

It ruins everything if today's boss counters at any point.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
gently caress, I was really hoping to get Yeka this month too... sigh. NONE of my friends have a persona merc, and I don't actually know any of them, so I can't ask. I mean, I technically COULD recruit Persona... I just got 1800 honor points, but I'm aiming at Belle, so...

Ah well, another month to improve my gear. It was rather nice to be able to auto all but stage 55. I'm not sure why my ToD 55 pull is ranked "S"... Yellow Ranger, and it increases Dodge and Mastery? Mastery doesn't seem that good. I guess you can't ask a lot from of a 1* set.

The normal difficulty mirror matches were all pushovers this month too. Last month, the mirror 2 stage was kicking my rear end left and right with all the status effects tearing my team apart until I found a strat that worked, but this month, every single one went down without a hitch.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
August OP updated. Thanks again to NinjaDebugger and Somefool!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iunnrais posted:

gently caress, I was really hoping to get Yeka this month too... sigh. NONE of my friends have a persona merc, and I don't actually know any of them, so I can't ask. I mean, I technically COULD recruit Persona... I just got 1800 honor points, but I'm aiming at Belle, so...

Send me a friend request at NinjaDebuggr (no e). I've got a good persona who can make poo poo happen for you when you need it. You'll need to be on the discord to get me to swap it in, though.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Pioneer server? That's been my perpetual problem. Too invested to switch and start over on global.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iunnrais posted:

Pioneer server? That's been my perpetual problem. Too invested to switch and start over on global.

Nope. That's gonna be a problem for you, but if you hit the discord, you might be able to find some people on pioneer.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
I should have Kitty at 5* sometime tonight. Is it worth investing a Soul Gear in her stun?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

I should have Kitty at 5* sometime tonight. Is it worth investing a Soul Gear in her stun?

Not really? She's good for one specific raid day so unless you plan to keep her in your main team, I wouldn't do it.

kontona
May 3, 2003

i'm at a lost for what soul gear to get. are there any characters that benefit more from soul gears than others?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Raboff's soul gear sword is awesome, it raises his disarms chance.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Yeah, I've been investing Raboff quite a bit.. got his weapon to +7. MAN soul weapons get expensive, fast. I also gave Jack a weapon for the extra damage... I'm not sure if it's +% damage, or +damage, but either way it helps. I'm considering Alex for the stun chance... his will be good for a bunch of raids.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Generally you want soul gear the ups the chance of something happening over damage. Besides that, you can also go for soul gear that increases the skill range or effect but those are really expensive because it requires +10.

The skill damage from soul gear are additive so at +10, you're increasing the skill's damage by 10% more overall. Note that soul gear are really specific in what they increase. If it say increases skill damage, it won't affect any of the extra effect values. It's somewhat bad on Lena and Jack because soul gear won't help with their HP% Damage portion of the skill.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Next batch of soul gear coming tomorrow!

Also they changed Gillan's dagger:

:laffo:

Yes, those are Valk's soul gear on Noblesse heroes, so don't feel bad for not wanting to shell out $50 for them before. Difference is, they're blue and have entirely different skill bonuses from the paying ones.

edit: Both of Klein's soul gear are insanely good. +20% chance to confuse on his weapon and his wings gives +800 attack per 10% HP lose on his passive.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Aug 3, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Soul gear highlights:
Lance gets +2 movement decrease on his third, and +20% HP from his wings. This may make him actually good, instead of niche.
Henry's gauntlet gives him 5 square reach, and raises his passive another 2200 defense and 12% attack. In PVE with that crazy rear end counter build he may actually be a force to be reckoned with, especially with a 5 square range on his third to move him wherever you want.
Lee's third really did not need another 20% damage, and his passive certainly didn't need another 8.4% attack, but the passive will continue to be bad in battle of honor, so whatever.
Poni gets more auto-damage and more regen, which just makes him more attractive to me as a potential gold tiger.
Lily gets +1 push... and -20% damage while his movement is above 6, which is not bad at all.
Klein is a giant can of fuckoff that is going to make me whale out on soul gear packages, which are back. +20% confusion chance, and then wings for +800 attack for every 10% HP lost, which is just loving hilarious.
Sraka: Still bad
Elektra: Still bad.
Zero: Probably still bad, though 2200 def ignore and +1 move from his passive is attractive.

Noblesse heroes: Don't feel bad about not buying bloody gear.
Muzaka: +20% damage on his second skill, +3.2% regen on his passive. This is perhaps not quite as good as the bloody gear, but that's debatable.
Raskreia: +4% weakening on her already fantastic third skill is great, +4% on her passive is also great.
Frankenstein: +14% damage on second and third skill, and +40% chance of move decrease on the second. If these skill effects apply in addition to the bloody soul gear, he may actually be playable now. Well, not really, but it's a nice thought.
Seira: Her scythe is meh, a bit of extra damage on her third, but her wings do absurd things to her passive. Another 4% attack and 1200 dodge is pretty goddamn impressive, a 40% increase in her passive strength.

1-5 set conversion coupon: Not sure what the gently caress these are, best guess is they'll sub in for diamonds. I'm sure they wouldn't let us convert one set to another, even if it was same rarity.

Black capsules:
1 - Slime King's Dignity, Savage Token, I'm a Cat
2 - Time for your Shot!, Red Ranger, Ancient Witch's Curse
3 - Rebel army commander, black crescent, tiger claw tribe guardian.
4 - pathfinder, brushing wind, black ranger.
5 - angel knight, ultimate weapon gold tiger, sione's ominous prophecy.

Pulling for slime king is not recommended, as savage token and I'm a cat are mediocre and poo poo, respectively.
2 star is solid, 3 star is mediocre.
Four and five stars are fuckoff amazing, this is where you want to be pulling.
Black ranger is amazing even as a two piece, as a three piece it's fantastic on your guild raid characters, because final skill power adds after defense comes off. Brushing Wind pairs fantastically with 3 different 3 star sets, one of which is up this week at A rank, and pathfinder is loving pathfinder.
Angel Knight is fantastic as a 2 piece, Sione's Ominous Prophecy is not great, but angel knight and gold tiger together, with the ten spot set piece guarantee up, makes it worth it worth going for, for me.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Do we know the math on soul gear enhancing? When (if ever) is it more effective to blow a summon book at an enhancement?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iunnrais posted:

Do we know the math on soul gear enhancing? When (if ever) is it more effective to blow a summon book at an enhancement?

I have generally had reasonable luck getting up to +8, though some people have spent enough for an entire book going from 7 to 8. My general rule is I'll give it a few swings at going to +8, and if it doesn't, I'll blow books from there.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Tried to cheese Wednesday's raid with taunt spam from Valk. Bad idea.

When taunted, the boss actually performs his 3rd skill which not only have an insanely high damage value but also applies a 3 turn stun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Was really surprised when I landed a stun on the 55 tower of dawn dragon. This whole time I just assumed he was immune. Why wouldn't he be? He's the big boss of normal TOD! Surely I can't just stun lock him with Bearman.

Oh, okay, he just doesn't give a gently caress and hits you anyway, that makes sense.

• Locked thread