Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's not gay to suck a mate's cock on a lark.

Oh this isn't the PYF proverb thread? Well gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Margot Robbie is not the same person as Jaime Pressly. I was all "good for that girl who keeps playing white trash, moving into more interesting roles" and then welp.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jerry Cotton posted:

It's not gay to suck a mate's cock on a lark.

Oh this isn't the PYF proverb thread? Well gently caress you.

You actually have to suck 299 and come back to your wife on a shield

It was the best I could do

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"Milkshake" by Kelis is produced by the Neptunes. It's so obviously their sound and I never realized it, probably because it was big long before I knew who Pharrell actually was. Now it's popping up again because of that awful Verizon ad parodying it in 2016.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Henchman of Santa posted:

"Milkshake" by Kelis is produced by the Neptunes. It's so obviously their sound and I never realized it, probably because it was big long before I knew who Pharrell actually was. Now it's popping up again because of that awful Verizon ad parodying it in 2016.

Pharell wrote a verse for Rump Shaker, dude's been around for a long time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Mentalizer posted:

I know, but I'm a 90s baby so I didn't know about beatmakers when Milkshake was big. He does not physically age at all though.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

The Mentalizer posted:

Boom boom???

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

stubblyhead posted:

Boom boom???

And a zoom zoom

Keigel
Oct 19, 2008

I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm made out of gum.

Kumaton posted:

Not something I just figured out, but I usually have to remind myself that the guy who created Ren and Stimpy and the guy who directed Cool World/Fritz the Cat/the animated Lord of the Rings aren't the same person.

Fun fact: John K was actually mentored by Bakshi, and apes some of his style as a tribute. So you have a right to be confused! :)

Rexim
Jun 2, 2006

I wants flies in on a dragons, okay?
Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett. Just found out last night. Was I supposed to pick up on that?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rexim posted:

Boba Fett is a clone of Jango Fett. Just found out last night. Was I supposed to pick up on that?

I feel like I am being whooshed as the film explicitly mentions his payment being a single personal clone then the camera looks at boba.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I just discovered that people still watch the Star Wars Prequels

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rexim posted:

The neck aliens say that all the troopers are Jango and that he made a special request for one clone to not grow at an accelerated rate.
I assume because Jango didn't have time to have a son but really wanted one.

It's actually a very intriguing plot point that, of course, goes nowhere.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

It's like Lucas was going "OK, I need Boba Fett fan-service in this how do I...? I know! I'll make Jango Fett and have him be the original. And have him be the genetic template for the porto-stormtroopers. There that's the explanation for the clones sewn up... What else? Oh, and have him raise his own clone at a normal aging rate so that explains Boba and how he's running around during the original trilogy. I'm such a genius!"

It's like he stumbled on a plot point that could have been really, really interesting and let it go, because it satisfied his "leave nothing a mystery" fixation.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Hey, back to the subject of Aliens and people talking funny, anyone have any idea the hell kind of accent it is that Newt has?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Child Actor.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Hey, back to the subject of Aliens and people talking funny, anyone have any idea the hell kind of accent it is that Newt has?

Chinese.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Bulgaroctonus posted:

English girl with no acting experience trying to speak American

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Newt Gingrich has a lizard person accent, he doesn't even try to hide his reptilian origins with a name like "Newt."

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

flosofl posted:

It's like Lucas was going "OK, I need Boba Fett fan-service in this how do I...? I know! I'll make Jango Fett and have him be the original. And have him be the genetic template for the porto-stormtroopers. There that's the explanation for the clones sewn up... What else? Oh, and have him raise his own clone at a normal aging rate so that explains Boba and how he's running around during the original trilogy. I'm such a genius!"

It's like he stumbled on a plot point that could have been really, really interesting and let it go, because it satisfied his "leave nothing a mystery" fixation.

to be fair, it is interesting that Bulba Fett is only a few years older than Luke yet has established himself as a galactic bounty hunter rather than a moisture farmer.

but then by the time Luke hits Fett's age in Empire he's Jedi Jesus so who knows who got the better end of that deal.

oh, right, the one that didn't get eaten by a gigantic sandy version of vagina dentata.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

Newt Gingrich has a lizard person accent, he doesn't even try to hide his reptilian origins with a name like "Newt."

Newts are amphibians :colbert:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

FFT posted:

to be fair, it is interesting that Bulba Fett is only a few years older than Luke yet has established himself as a galactic bounty hunter rather than a moisture farmer.

but then by the time Luke hits Fett's age in Empire he's Jedi Jesus so who knows who got the better end of that deal.

oh, right, the one that didn't get eaten by a gigantic sandy version of vagina dentata.

Fett did start out with the ship, the equipment, and likely some level of combat training. Luke lived on a backwater world with a bunch of farmers. He wanted to run off and join the Academy (possibly stormtrooper, possibly pilot), but his family didn't want him to expose himself and his Force sensitivity to the Empire.

They were the same age, but lived in some very different circumstances.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FFT posted:

Boba Fett is so super badass that he eventually jets out of the pit.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

They were the same age, but lived in some very different circumstances.

They weren't even close to the same age, though? The clones were ordered ten years before Episode II and Luke wasn't born until the end of Episode III, two or three years after that. Boba Fett is like twelve years older than Luke.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
West Virginia is a state.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Magic Hate Ball posted:

West Virginia is a state.

Wait'll you find out about South Africa. :v:

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

There's a New Mexico?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Titus Sardonicus posted:

There's a New Mexico?

Get with the times, they've rebooted it. It's just called The Mexico now.

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

skasion posted:

English girl with no acting experience trying to speak American

She was an American girl living in England.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Titus Sardonicus posted:

There's a New Mexico?

I moved to Santa Fe during high school and it took an unreasonable amount of explanation to convince my friends back home that I wasn't in fact leaving the country

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
South Park - Bigger, Longer Uncut is a double-entendre. :doh:

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
"It's a dog-eat-dog world", not "It's a doggie-dog world."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phyzzle posted:

It's a hard nog life.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Doggie dog
every day
on our mellow lawn we play

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

Phyzzle posted:

This is literally a joke on Modern Family.

...are you Sofia Vergara?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Phyzzle posted:

For all intensive purposes you were right

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Doggie dog
every day
on our mellow lawn we play

Smash was a wonderful album.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

YeahTubaMike posted:

Smash was a wonderful album.

You can play it on the best stereo in the world or the cheapest android device and it still sounds like a tape on a boombox cranked to it's max, it's great.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

In Bob's Burgers, Linda's best friend is Ginger. Her two daughters are Tina and Louise. The woman who played Ginger on Gilligan's Island is named Tina Louise.