Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
All I've got is 'Fandom Osmosis', as it was referred to earlier. Also they tried to run Sailor Moon here in the UK on weekends some years back. They even tried to sell a few crappy bits of merchandise. It didn't go well, and both ended quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dariusknight
Jul 8, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

i watched it in elementary school and when playing make-believe during recess i had to be Tuxedo Mask because i was the only boy watching even though i wanted to be Mercury

this is my Sailor Moon story thank you for listening

When I was in my early teens, I wanted to marry Makoto... I still do sadly, I've never found a girl tall enough (I'm 6'4") with a long brown ponytail, strong as an ox to fulfill that wish... Minako was my second choice... the reality is a whole OTHER mess.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

For me, fell in with bunch of other middle schoolers/late elementary school kids on some AOL kids site, into chatrooms, and the Outers were just being introduced in the states - some of the other girls were throwing bunch of rumors since we knew there was editing, lot of "Haruka's a hermaphrodite" and there was a lot of "Eeeeew Lesbians!", which made me really uncomfortable as it felt ridiculous to me that there was something wrong with two people being in love.

Ended up distancing myself from these 'friends', and being angry/disgusted by bigotry before I really knew what it was.

(I figured out I was bisexual later, but at the time I don't think it was a factor in my disgust towards these girls)

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I don't remember much about whatever I did with sailor Moon, but it was one of the first shows I remember watching along with some caveman kid anime where his dad was a club for some reason and pokemon. I believe this was around 5-6, so I'm probably way more influenced by the us sailor anime more than anything. I don't remember whether or not I was picked on for watching it, but Sailor Moon definitely kept me loving magical girl shows up through my childhood, and when I found out I was a bisexual dude it wasn't really weird or anything. Just a gradual realization if anything, but it was definitely a long time coming. I was always a fan of Ami and Makoto growing up. This is probably where I got a thing for taller girls. My little mind back then didn't think the "cousins" were related. But I never had anyone to talk to about sailor stuff growing up.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

The secret is that the hundreds of people reading the thread who only have non-stories to tell aren't posting about them.

I was trying to crack a joke in a larger post, dude. No need to get on my case about it.

Dariusknight posted:

When I was in my early teens, I wanted to marry Makoto... I still do sadly, I've never found a girl tall enough (I'm 6'4") with a long brown ponytail, strong as an ox to fulfill that wish... Minako was my second choice... the reality is a whole OTHER mess.

Well, she wouldn't need to be all that tall, like the tallest of the senshi is like 5'9" and Mako's only like 5'6" according to a friend's guidebook I read way back when. The strong as an ox is another matter, though.
If we're talking Senshi you wanted to date as a kid, it was Makoto for me too, and Setsuna. They were my faves.

In more recent news, while helping a friend pack, we were talking about the sort of dumb things other than monster busting we would have liked to see the Senshi get up to, and we were all agreed that we wanted to see the Haruka, Michiru and Setsuna household as sitcom where they try and help out the other Senshi with mundane problems in various absurd ways.

Robindaybird posted:

For me, fell in with bunch of other middle schoolers/late elementary school kids on some AOL kids site, into chatrooms, and the Outers were just being introduced in the states - some of the other girls were throwing bunch of rumors since we knew there was editing, lot of "Haruka's a hermaphrodite" and there was a lot of "Eeeeew Lesbians!", which made me really uncomfortable as it felt ridiculous to me that there was something wrong with two people being in love.

Ended up distancing myself from these 'friends', and being angry/disgusted by bigotry before I really knew what it was.

(I figured out I was bisexual later, but at the time I don't think it was a factor in my disgust towards these girls)

Oh yeah, we were also talking about the Prince Saturn poo poo and other weird things people invented to make the Haru/Michi pairing "okay"
The really awkward translation of the manga back then didn't help matters either.

Ryushikaze fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 29, 2016

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I don't remember much about whatever I did with sailor Moon, but it was one of the first shows I remember watching along with some caveman kid anime where his dad was a club for some reason

Flint the Time Detective, it was an oddball show.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky
Sailor Moon started airing on TV for the first time in North America when I was in junior high school. I was miserable and being bullied so badly I'd come home every day in tears. Having Sailor Moon to look forward to every day after school was something that I could hold on to, and I had never seen a show where the girls were the ones who kicked all the butt. I loved it. I would daydream about becoming a senshi myself and being way more awesome than the people who made my daily life hell.

It inspired me to try to be more confident and attempt to become the person I wanted to be. It didn't happen for a few years because I was so painfully shy and socially stunted. Thankfully, I met some really nice people in High School who actually wanted to hang out with me and liked me for who I was, and I started to come out of my shell.

As an adult I'm happy with who I grew into and so grateful that I had the Sailor Moon Crew as role models at a time when I felt completely powerless and unworthy of having friends. :unsmith:

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Robindaybird posted:

I never actually caught the name of it, but yeah. I might rewatch it just to see what nonsense I saw as a child, but that was a weird one.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Robindaybird posted:

Let's all Get Along!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Cheese Pain posted:

Sailor Moon started airing on TV for the first time in North America when I was in junior high school. I was miserable and being bullied so badly I'd come home every day in tears. Having Sailor Moon to look forward to every day after school was something that I could hold on to, and I had never seen a show where the girls were the ones who kicked all the butt. I loved it. I would daydream about becoming a senshi myself and being way more awesome than the people who made my daily life hell.

It inspired me to try to be more confident and attempt to become the person I wanted to be. It didn't happen for a few years because I was so painfully shy and socially stunted. Thankfully, I met some really nice people in High School who actually wanted to hang out with me and liked me for who I was, and I started to come out of my shell.

As an adult I'm happy with who I grew into and so grateful that I had the Sailor Moon Crew as role models at a time when I felt completely powerless and unworthy of having friends. :unsmith:

There's one that stuck with me for years. It was during the Black Moon arc (which I only remember because Shine Aqua Illusion is in it). The MOTD brainwashes civilians to talk poo poo about Amy and destroy her confidence. She eventually confronts the monster herself, and the other Scouts, minus Moon, show up, so the monster creates an illusion of the Scouts mocking Amy. It does the same to Moon once she shows up. She sees the other Scouts calling her klutzy, dumb, and a loser. And I remember what happens next perfectly, even though I only saw the episode once. Moon cries for a second then bursts out "AUUUUUGH All right gimme a break! So I'm not Albert Einstein material and I do flake out sometimes! I admit it OK? See I really don't care! I'm way used to getting bad mouthed!" The monster replies "This girl's actually proud to be a flake?" and Sailor Moon retorts in one of those goofy close ups with a big ol' grin and "Yes I like being unique!"

Hands down the best message I ever saw on the show. Own yourself, faults and all, and no one can have that kind of power over you.

The show is cheesy as hell but there's some great gems like that.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
This thread is the best. :allears:

I still have the doom tree saga on VHS somewhere.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

a cartoon duck posted:

i watched it in elementary school and when playing make-believe during recess i had to be Tuxedo Mask because i was the only boy watching even though i wanted to be Mercury

this is my Sailor Moon story thank you for listening

This, but with a full Tuxedo Mask halloween costume, courtesy of my bewildered parents.

Then I became a girl. Now I can be Sailor Mercury whenever I drat well please. (In my house. In private. With the curtains drawn. Shut up.)

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Throw your hands up if you remember the Prince of Uranus drama of the late 90s.

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013

TurnipFritter posted:

One aspect of Crystal that was kinda nice was how it painted Ami/Makoto/Rei as outcasts that Usagi brought together as friends. It's a good concept, you know, to have Usagi as this super friendly person that brings people together and makes them feel like they belong. Unfortunately they didn't really execute it very well, so it ends up being "Usagi is nice to them in their first episode and then never speaks to them again."

The movie for the second season of the first anime did the same thing. The villain claimed that the Sailors could never understand the kind of loneliness he suffered, only for them to flashback to how lonely they all were before Usagi entered their lives.

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

There's one that stuck with me for years. It was during the Black Moon arc (which I only remember because Shine Aqua Illusion is in it). The MOTD brainwashes civilians to talk poo poo about Amy and destroy her confidence. She eventually confronts the monster herself, and the other Scouts, minus Moon, show up, so the monster creates an illusion of the Scouts mocking Amy. It does the same to Moon once she shows up. She sees the other Scouts calling her klutzy, dumb, and a loser. And I remember what happens next perfectly, even though I only saw the episode once. Moon cries for a second then bursts out "AUUUUUGH All right gimme a break! So I'm not Albert Einstein material and I do flake out sometimes! I admit it OK? See I really don't care! I'm way used to getting bad mouthed!" The monster replies "This girl's actually proud to be a flake?" and Sailor Moon retorts in one of those goofy close ups with a big ol' grin and "Yes I like being unique!"

Hands down the best message I ever saw on the show. Own yourself, faults and all, and no one can have that kind of power over you.

The show is cheesy as hell but there's some great gems like that.

Absolutely. I don't really remember that episode well because it's been so long, but you are definitely right about that. I really love that they're all so different but can still be friends, and that Usagi is proud of who she is and owns it! It's a great message.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Learned a lot about the manga and the anime beyond the first two seasons from AOL chat rooms. I kept all this secret so I didn't get made fun of, but it helped me talk to girls. Artemis was my favorite character because he got to hang out with the girls all the time, and just chill. Tuxedo Mask was just too tall and handsome for me to empathize with.

Shame Artemis never got his human form in the anime.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Dariusknight posted:

Incidentally, years later, I got to speak to Terri Hawkes (the most notable voice of DIC Usagi) at a convention here and got her to talk about her experiences voicing a character who became so iconic. Nobody on the cast ever expected the show to ever become as big as it did, and most figured that it wouldn't last for more than a season.

it would be kind of cool if some of the original VAs would've gotten another chance with Viz redubbing the series but apparently Viz Media is taking a scorched earth approach to the DiC/CWI dubs. Reading things like this it kind of makes sense why some delivery of lines falls flat in the original dub but if the attitude around the studio really was that they didn't think Sailor Moon would make it big it makes a kind of :smith: sense.

I always had a profound interest in Sailor Moon as a kid and I think it was because it was all girls as superheroes and since I was a huge fan of X-Men I was all aboard seeing girls be the stars and masters (Xena was also a show the my whole family watched together). However I was bullied a lot when I was in elementary school so I never talked about how cool I thought the show was (or talked about the show period at school) and kind of put the series to the side once it went off syndication (or when I stopped having access to channels it was on, didn't always have cable growing up) until I was a teenager. I think around the time I was 14 I realised that it shouldn't matter what other people think about what I like, for all intents and purposes I should just stop affiliating with those people on a regular basis. I was also meeting other people who openly talked about stuff like Sailor Moon.

Another thing about Sailor Moon that I have talked about a number of times before is that I enjoyed the humour of it, the girls are all teens and so they have their own personalities that shine through in certain ways so sometimes the best parts of an episode would be when everyone is just chilling a Serena's house and talking poo poo to each other or when they have spats when facing the monster-of-the-week. I guess I just liked the show because it really felt like kids being superheroes, they would gently caress up and then get a pep talk and go out and kick rear end immediately. It was a nice change from other superhero shows where everyone is already an adult and if there are kids or teens present they're on the sidelines except for their one special episode.

Amy's still my favourite, but that's probably because her sheepish nature and super modesty is how I was raised (well, raised to be modest, acted sheepish as a result because of other crap in my childhood) but when poo poo gets real she can be kind of terrifying, case in point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBmrbQWSO-0

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, interesting little trick. Fighting the entire background makes sense for something super-huge.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Glazius posted:

Oh, interesting little trick. Fighting the entire background makes sense for something super-huge.

It is basically the trick used for the first three phases of the battle for FF6. A lot of NES and SNES games did wacky background tricks to produce big boss fights.

Dariusknight
Jul 8, 2012

Aces High posted:

it would be kind of cool if some of the original VAs would've gotten another chance with Viz redubbing the series but apparently Viz Media is taking a scorched earth approach to the DiC/CWI dubs. Reading things like this it kind of makes sense why some delivery of lines falls flat in the original dub but if the attitude around the studio really was that they didn't think Sailor Moon would make it big it makes a kind of :smith: sense.

You have to remember that back then, dubbing an anime wasn't that lucrative, and people like Terri weren't paid a whole lot of money. Anime wasn't as big back then as it is now with multiple studios churning quality translations and dubs. It was just a few companies that were licensing whatever anime they could afford and subcontracting the VA/localization work to Ocean Entertainment (which did Dragon Ball/Ball Z, Sailor Moon and a few others) and I believe one or two other companies. Not to mention that VAs at that time, unless you were Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Michael Bell, Chris Latta and a few other notable 80's cartoon VAs, weren't getting a whole lot of work and/or money.

I know all this because I tried to get into being a VA myself, I was really good at doing most of the male Scooby gang, including Scrappy Doo and Scooby Dum incidentally... (that's a wink to you Scoobs) but it's really hard to get into it and be successful at it. I'm definitely no Troy Baker or Nolan North or Fred Tatasciore, so yeah... :smith:

Gigify
Jul 17, 2011
I know it's a little late but I finally got around to trying out Drops a couple days ago. I already sent a friend requests to a few of you, but I don't know which page the majority of the IDs were on.

Feel free to add me: ww51b3aec

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

Dariusknight posted:

You have to remember that back then, dubbing an anime wasn't that lucrative, and people like Terri weren't paid a whole lot of money. Anime wasn't as big back then as it is now with multiple studios churning quality translations and dubs. It was just a few companies that were licensing whatever anime they could afford and subcontracting the VA/localization work to Ocean Entertainment (which did Dragon Ball/Ball Z, Sailor Moon and a few others) and I believe one or two other companies. Not to mention that VAs at that time, unless you were Peter Cullen, Frank Welker, Michael Bell, Chris Latta and a few other notable 80's cartoon VAs, weren't getting a whole lot of work and/or money.

I know all this because I tried to get into being a VA myself, I was really good at doing most of the male Scooby gang, including Scrappy Doo and Scooby Dum incidentally... (that's a wink to you Scoobs) but it's really hard to get into it and be successful at it. I'm definitely no Troy Baker or Nolan North or Fred Tatasciore, so yeah... :smith:

Minor niggling point - the DiC/Cloverway dub was handled by Optimum Productions (based in Toronto/Mississauga), not Ocean Productions (based in Vancouver). Easy mistake to make, they have very similar names.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Speaking of Drops, update just hit to unlock the second map.

Confirmed: Chibi-usa is still the worst. Her special is a vertical version of Venus' ability.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Also the rights to the DiC/Cloverway dub are lost in ADV hell after they broke up/went out of business. There isn't much Viz can do about it. That's half the reason for the new dub in the first place, aside from producing an uncut version.

Gigify posted:

I know it's a little late but I finally got around to trying out Drops a couple days ago. I already sent a friend requests to a few of you, but I don't know which page the majority of the IDs were on.

Feel free to add me: ww51b3aec

We should make a compilation of all the friend codes somewhere. I can dig through the thread and try to find them all tonight to make that post, but i know the majority were on like... page 15 and 16.

Also, the new update has raised the limit from 5 to 8 hearts. :toot: It also adds achievements which can be traded for booster items, which is nice. If you've already cleared a lot of the game you'll end up with a ton of points out of the gate. Not bad. Totally excited to unlock Sailor Pluto though. :swoon:

kefkafloyd fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Aug 2, 2016

Gigify
Jul 17, 2011

kefkafloyd posted:

Also the rights to the DiC/Cloverway dub are lost in ADV hell after they broke up/went out of business. There isn't much Viz can do about it. That's half the reason for the new dub in the first place, aside from producing an uncut version.

We should make a compilation of all the friend codes somewhere. I can dig through the thread and try to find them all tonight to make that post, but i know the majority were on like... page 15 and 16.

Also, the new update has raised the limit from 5 to 8 hearts. :toot: It also adds achievements which can be traded for booster items, which is nice. If you've already cleared a lot of the game you'll end up with a ton of points out of the gate. Not bad. Totally excited to unlock Sailor Pluto though. :swoon:

It's freaking addictive and I need more hearts! I keep losing them on bad RNG and it makes me sad. Really though my finger has hovered over an in game purchase like four times with me thinking "I just want to be able to play. ;-;"

I can go ahead and look for the IDs and edit them into this post, I've got some time to kill.

Edit: Here are the ones I could find, I think it's all of them.

Page 14:
Poulpe - wwdd2948e
CheesePain - ww8b94090
KefkaFlyod - ww53545d0
Kobanya - wwac22959
esperterra - ww18b2e20 (phone, I assume)

Page 16:
ShadowedFlames - ww2f706dc
Eldataluta - wwe9b1b76
Gutter Owl - wwd2c5cf1
Ardeem - ww52d7109
Lady Naga - ww9578aa7
flocons de mais - ww2530ae6
SatansOnion - wwf2899bd
END ME SCOOB - ww62424bf

Page 17:
LifeGetsWorser - wwa9aead8
Cyouni - wwb8c02d3
DreamingofRoses - wwfd4ba53
Like Clockwork - wwb8c02d3
Nomadic Scholar - wwf91b3fe
Mathwyn - wwd56bb09
Aces High - wwa266e98
Robindaybird - ww2365311

Page 18:
Violet_Sky - ww83220a1
Mootiman - ww0959670
esperterra - ww378e7f6 (tablet)

Page 19:
Echo Cian - ww6011db9
Julet Esqu - wwec73df5
Kurui Reiten - ww50e2f51
ComicsandSlushies - ww895d64c
Dariusknight - ww50c2948

Page 20:
LeftistMuslimObama - ww265fd88
RMZXAnarchy - ww6c88301
Kobanya's Sister - ww0ce8e1d

Page 21:
Sathzur - wwdd4f550
Added Space - ww37c9095

Page 23:
IAmTheRad - ww1d2490a

Page 24:
Alopex - ww735c3c5

Page 29:
Gigify - ww51b3aec

Gigify fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 2, 2016

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

On the way to the bookstore, even Umino is griping about Destiny changing. Naru will say nothing to us, though.

Meanwhile, the bookstore clerk himself is a tremendous dick who runs us around the entire store and then goes "It costs 1,000,000 yen. But for you, sugar-tits, 300 yen!" Fun fact: because of how this game's cutscene scripting works, the game removes all NPCs from the shop until we perform this event, because if they were walking around it might break the entire thing.

Anyhow, we bring the book back to Ami (because of course we bring it to Ami) and she uses this book about the moon to discover... Okay, I couldn't get my pal to help me and that held this short update up, so I can only guess at what the gently caress this scene is, but it's garbage here.

See, we can now find where the Sea of Serenity is, which is a thing on the Moon (which should be goddamn findable by actual NASA imagery), but we're actually doing this to find it on EARTH because for some reason the Moon Castle is there? What?

It's in "Harumi, Tokyo" which is kind of weird based on what research I did, because that's a district of a subsection of Tokyo itself. I'm sorry, this isn't an LP of Go Go Nippon, I'm not here for actual Japanese geography.

And at this point, the script takes a massive poo poo because I am assuming we're on a movie lot? But there is a conversation that seems made out of whole cloth where they all talk about how the cast and crew of Sailor Moon took today off, so there's nobody around.

Luckily, our next boss rush set of returning villains arrives, which is even weirder because again, we're dipping into anime canon as one of them goes "Uh, aren't these villains living in Tokyo as actual humans right now?"

We'll get there next time.

Anyway the job here is to figure out who we send on the UFO because "not everyone can go because History might change". So this time, here's the vote criteria:

Either say "Scoob's choice" or give your argument for why one Scout needs to stay on the ground. I want to hear who sucks the most in your opinion and why. If my choice doesn't have a majority, I'll pick the most entertaining 5 losers and leave them out of the main party. Please note that Sailor Moon is stuck leading the group, so she's exempt.

I look forward to seeing how this one turns out.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Let's leave Sailor Pluto on the ground because she's only a Dwarf Scout, now.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

See, we can now find where the Sea of Serenity is, which is a thing on the Moon (which should be goddamn findable by actual NASA imagery), but we're actually doing this to find it on EARTH because for some reason the Moon Castle is there? What?

It's in "Harumi, Tokyo" which is kind of weird based on what research I did, because that's a district of a subsection of Tokyo itself. I'm sorry, this isn't an LP of Go Go Nippon, I'm not here for actual Japanese geography.
It's a play on words, between Japanese and Latin. in this particular case "Harumi" is written as 晴海, which has the same meaning as "Mare Serenitatis". (The usual translation of "Mare Serenitatis" into English is of course "Sea of Serenity", but "serenitas" also means "fair weather".)

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
On the one hand, that's cool to learn.

On the other hand, it doesn't explain why the ruined Moon Kingdom somehow migrated to Earth

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I don't know about that either. I'm not sure that's even what's going on. I'd have to read through the whole last chapter in Japanese to even maybe find out.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Leave Venus behind because if she had done her job in the first place, the Moon Kingdom would still be around so she needs to sit in the corner and think about what she did

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

FractalSandwich posted:

I don't know about that either. I'm not sure that's even what's going on. I'd have to read through the whole last chapter in Japanese to even maybe find out.

Yeah, this was why I tried getting someone else to look it over for me, because even using some story guides or google translate, I cannot make heads or tails of what is coming out of anyone's mouths anymore.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

END ME SCOOB posted:

Yeah, this was why I tried getting someone else to look it over for me, because even using some story guides or google translate, I cannot make heads or tails of what is coming out of anyone's mouths anymore.
too late, I did it anyway

I think the situation with the Moon Castle is intentionally cryptic, or maybe there's something I'm just not getting, but I can tell you this much for sure: Mamoru is supposed to have mentioned the Mare Serenitatis when he was telling Usagi about his dream a couple of updates ago. And actually he specifically says "the Earth's Mare Serenitatis", which makes way the gently caress more sense. You skimmed over that part in the LP, so I'm not sure how they translated it.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 3, 2016

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
Leave Chibi-usa behind because I blame her for SuperS. :3:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Leave Ami behind because she's far too intelligent for this game to handle.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Chibiusa is dead weight. Ditch her so she can stay with Mamoru, which won't be at all awkward and let this centuries-old first-grader wander aimlessly without supervision, because Usagi is #1 Mom because her stats and attacks suck, iirc

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

Was her cheap sunglasses
Isn't Chibiusa a required party member for this split (e.g. she leads the ground team)? I forget. I know at some point she's a forced leader.

In any case my vote goes to Pluto. You're great, Setsuna, but you're kind of B-team status at the moment.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Leave Scoob's vote on the ground because he started this LP.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Ditch Chibi-Usa, if you can't ditch the person that's the biggest deadweight, given how swingy in difficulty this game is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Leave Chibi Moon behind because she's used to spending time on the ground by now.

• Locked thread