Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

tell me what this is about so i dont have to try and find out for myself

Apparently following through on the entire event gets you a free PROJECT skin, but it still sounds pretty convoluted:

quote:

From Aug. 2 to Aug. 16, three new hextech Crafting Caches will be available: green, red and blue. Each of these colors corresponds to a different PROJECT skin, blue for Ashe, green for Ekko and red for Katarina. You can only buy one of each. You can only get each Cache once and they cost 750 IP or 75 RP. Each Cache contains an icon, a blueprint, a Project Core and one Augment Cache Fragment.

In order to get a First Strike border (those fancy lines that appear on the skin’s loading screen card) you have to combine the Champions blueprint with two Project Cores. If you buy all the Caches, you can unlock all the loading screen borders for free.

Combining three Augment Cache Fragments gets you one Augment Cache, which contains one Skin Shard, one Loot Shard (which is the same as Hextech Chest), two Project Cores and a chance for an Augment Cache Fragment. You can also buy an Augment cache for 295 RP.

On Aug. 9, players can purchase a Disruption Cache for 1500 IP or 150 RP. It contains seven Project Cores, two Augment Cache Fragments, a rainbow disruption icon and one PROJECT: OVERDRIVE Skin Shard Blueprint (which fuses with 11 Project Cores to become a Skin Shard for a random PROJECT skin besides the three released in this wave.) You can only buy one of these crates, so don’t waste what’s inside.

TLDR:
-Project Cores are the event crafting currency
-Augment Cache's contain a random skin shard, a loot shard (???), and 2 project cores
-Each chest has:
An Icon
Blueprint (for load screens)
A Project Core
1 Augment Cache fragment (need 3)
- Disruption Chest has:
7 Project Cores
2 Augment Cache fragments
An icon
A Skin Blueprint (combine 11 Project Cores to turn into a random Project Skin Shard)

If you do all the free parts you end up with 1 Augment Cache (1skin\1loot), 2 augment cache fragments, 11 Project Cores (after opening the Augment cache), a bunch of blueprints for loading screens, and a blueprint for a PROJECT skin.

If you complete any of the loading blueprints you cannot unlock the free PROJECT skin without spending money/however else you get Project Cores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Apparently following through on the entire event gets you a free PROJECT skin, but it still sounds pretty convoluted:

TLDR:
-Project Cores are the event crafting currency
-Augment Cache's contain a random skin shard, a loot shard (???), and 2 project cores
-Each chest has:
An Icon
Blueprint (for load screens)
A Project Core
1 Augment Cache fragment (need 3)
- Disruption Chest has:
7 Project Cores
2 Augment Cache fragments
An icon
A Skin Blueprint (combine 11 Project Cores to turn into a random Project Skin Shard)

If you do all the free parts you end up with 1 Augment Cache (1skin\1loot), 2 augment cache fragments, 11 Project Cores (after opening the Augment cache), a bunch of blueprints for loading screens, and a blueprint for a PROJECT skin.

If you complete any of the loading blueprints you cannot unlock the free PROJECT skin without spending money/however else you get Project Cores.

the tldr version of that is still long as gently caress which leads me to believe this event is fail.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah i still dontk now whats going on i guess i'll just click on things and hopef or the best

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I got Pool Party Rek'Sai and Risen Fiddlesticks from my augment cache, pretty nice. Means I'm a whopping 100 orange essence away from being able to get Dark Star Thresh.

Wish you could disenchant the dumb loading screen things, though.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just did it, this is what you need to know.

1) Buy the three colored chests with IP (750 each)
2) Open them all (Don't worry about what's inside)
3) Combine the three new chest looking things into an actual chest
4) Open it
5) Wait till next week

Project Cache - A hextech chest that has a guaranteed skin shard and something else(mine was another skin shard)

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
okay can you clarify that in even less words than what you already did Neurolimal because I pressed the transformers: age of ultron caches and got some cans of code red, three different colored triangles, Veigar champion thing and Final Boss Veigar

or someone that speaks better english than neurolimal, thanks in advance god bless the usa

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
open the drat boxes and click on things till something happens

i got some kinda crappy skins and rerolled them into super teemo :toot:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Step 1: Buy three colored chests (Green, Blue, Red)
Step 2: Open all 3 chests. Inside will be shards you combined to make a fourth chest.
Step 3: Open 4th Chest. It contains a skin shard and a random shard

You will now have 5 of the new currency for this event. The items in your inventory right now are loading borders, do not use these.

August 9th, a Golden Chest will be in the store. Buy the Golden Chest.

In the Golden Chest will contain the blueprints to a random PROJECT skin + another 7 currency shards.

Step 4: Redeem your free PROJECT skin with the currency you've acquired. You won't have enough for the loading border unless you spend RP on more chests. After the event, you can cash in the extra poo poo in your inventory for orange essence.

**You can get 1 guaranteed Gemstone per bundle, per day. So if you get 7 bundles you can get 7 gemstones which saves a WHOLE lot of money towards the exclusive Annie/Vayne skins during this event only.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The augment chest gave me enough dust to craft Pulsefire Ezreal :)

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

I got Pool Party Rek'Sai and Risen Fiddlesticks from my augment cache, pretty nice. Means I'm a whopping 100 orange essence away from being able to get Dark Star Thresh.

Wish you could disenchant the dumb loading screen things, though.

I got Zombie Brand and Annie in Wonderland, which I immediately scrapped to finish off my Gentleman Cho

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
mocha zero sion, secret agent miss fortune and a gemstone, thanks riot :angel:

RealFoxy posted:

**You can get 1 guaranteed Gemstone per bundle, per day. So if you get 7 bundles you can get 7 gemstones which saves a WHOLE lot of money towards the exclusive Annie/Vayne skins during this event only.

:negative:

WIFEY WATCHDOG fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 3, 2016

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

best league of legends feeling: "hold up guys lets hold off invading their jungle i got to back i have five thousand loving gold to spend"

I earned (and then spent) over 6k gold in 6 minutes in this game: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2245565924/226941722?tab=builds (the single-buy Lord Dominik's Regards + Mercurial Scimitar).

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax

pog boyfriend posted:

the tldr version of that is still long as gently caress which leads me to believe this event is fail.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

mocha zero sion, secret agent miss fortune and a gemstone, thanks riot :angel:

I love playing Sion and that skin's Tiny Baby Mode passive is hilarious, so I'm super jealous right now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
uh, there was a patch?

wow, a karthus shard and loving bilgewater katarina. that's terrible

Tired Moritz fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Aug 3, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This project cache stuff is so hopelessly complex wtf

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i mean i guess this whole chest thing is still kinda new territory for them and riot seems basically incapable of actually focus testing ideas beyond releasing whatever to the live servers and seeing what happens.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
to create your stinger akali skin, you must first find and devour the seven crystal heimerdingers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i think the project thing was designed by riotgypsy

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
i always get mad when my team cant assemble the silver blitzcrank. its 3 loving pieces

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Lovechop posted:

to create your stinger akali skin, you must first find and devour the seven crystal heimerdingers

You have to level your skinning up to 300 first and then poach at least 10 prostate glands from fallen Skarners.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

pretend i posted the wildstar attunement image here

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Radical posted:

pretend i posted the wildstar attunement image here

It's all gravy up until the point you gotta try and take down King Honeygrave to put the sweet finishing touches on Stinger Akali.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i imagine wildstar did not have a big raiding scene

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

wildstar didnt have a big scene period

and now its f2p and probably rakes in money much like every other f2p mmo somehow (i dont actually understand how this works)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
LFM Karazhan, need to get attuned thx

It's really not that complicated, but it LOOKS complicated because the first couple guides make it look that way.

Buy the 3 colored crates and open them up, open up the bonus crate you get from opening all 3, then wait until Aug 9th and open the Golden crate, it will give you a random PROJECT skin shard and you'll have enough currency to unlock it if you have opened up all the chests.

Although it doesn't explain super well what it is you're getting from the R/G/B chests (It's loading borders which I assume are useless unless you own the corresponding champion)

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

Although it doesn't explain super well what it is you're getting from the R/G/B chests (It's loading borders which I assume are useless unless you own the corresponding champion)

This is what made mine look extra complicated; I wanted to show exactly what you're getting out of them (because I was curious myself).

The simplest guide right now is: Open all three chests, craft fourth chest, open for a skin shard + skin or hero shard.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Radical posted:

wildstar didnt have a big scene period

and now its f2p and probably rakes in money much like every other f2p mmo somehow (i dont actually understand how this works)

It's like:

Step 1) Give your game away for free
Step 2) Set up cash shop
Step 3) Attract Middle Eastern Sheikhs who like F2P MMOs and spend enough money individually to fund your entire development effort
Step 4) ???
Step 5) Profit

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Libertine posted:

Step 3) Attract Middle Eastern Sheikhs who like F2P MMOs and spend enough money individually to fund your entire development effort

quote:

I also came across numerous far more outlandish stories. One player, who called himself Gladoscc, told me that he used to play a web-based MMO called eRepublik, in which players waged wars against each other.

In total, Gladoscc spent more than $30,000 on the game. "The geniusly evil part about eRepublik is that you have to spend money in order to neutralize the enemy's money," he says. "It's spreadsheet PVP, though. The social aspect is what kept me in."

When he managed to finally kick the habit, a random stranger added him veryon Skype weeks later, only to discover that it was the creator of eRepublik. He had hunted down Gladoscc's details so he could ask him why he had quit, and try to entice him back.

By far the worst story I discovered was that of a mother who became addicted to Mafia Wars on Facebook, and ended up sinking tens of thousands of dollars into it. As her obsession grew, she began to withdraw into the game and care little about the life going on around her.

"The last time I can remember going over, her entire room was filled with just hundreds of pizza boxes and McDonalds bags," says an old friend of her son. "When you enter the house, the smell just smacks you in the face, even though she basically just stays in her room."

The friend even alleges that as a direct result of the mother succumbing to the allure of spending more and more on the game, her son ended up dealing drugs simply so he could afford to keep payments up on the house and keep food on the table.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Where's my "assemble the Metagolem" quest, Riot?

Edit: ^^^ holy poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah lol adding lootcrates is a bad sign because if anyone in that company has any monetary sense they'll make unusual skins like tf2 has and make 10 billion dollars off of gambling addicts

repurpose chromas into low drop-rate alternate skins you can only get from crates and watch the dollars roll in.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think the current system dota has going where people basically equip an entire set and then replace one or two of the slots with a legendary/immortal/etc. item that has a bunch of dumb particle effects is something riot should try to emulate. you would equip like, project lucian, and then you could equip a different gun over it that gives him golden uzis that shoot flaming skulls or whatever.

chromas dropping from boxes is also a good idea, selling them at sets of 3 was a really bizarre decision. i think making them skin dependent made that feel even worse but they kind of have to so that a certain skin/color doesn't look really weird unexpectedly.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I don't think riot will ever accomplish something like that because of ~spaghetti code~

Also they'll probably never do that anyways because they'll look at the steam market and see every item set ever that sells for like maybe 10 cents and go "yeah right lol" and go back to charging minimum of 10 bucks a skin

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I much prefer that everything they release is actually decent. Valve's intent on decentralizing and crowd-sourcing every aspect of their games is annoying.

edit: If only they crowd-sourced new heroes then maybe they'd get more than one a year.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 3, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

anyone else have a hosed up match history since last patch?

this is my actual match history, and there's a kassadin game missing

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
okay. i need some of my friends from the league thread to help me test this. ive come up with a sick veigar build i will be unveiling in this thread for the first time. there are no other builds like this on the internet and it has been under wraps for awhile. its for adc veigar. without further adieu

rush nashors tooth. then you get lich bane. from here there is a bit of variation, but normally i go rage blade, then hextech gunblade. death cap fits in the build somewhere and if u can work a bloodthirster that is cool too. THOUGHTS?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

general anime posted:

okay. i need some of my friends from the league thread to help me test this. ive come up with a sick veigar build i will be unveiling in this thread for the first time. there are no other builds like this on the internet and it has been under wraps for awhile. its for adc veigar. without further adieu

rush nashors tooth. then you get lich bane. from here there is a bit of variation, but normally i go rage blade, then hextech gunblade. death cap fits in the build somewhere and if u can work a bloodthirster that is cool too. THOUGHTS?

nashors into lich bane is ... okay, but i would go nashors -> cooldown boots(since the bonus AP is critical into this build) -> lich bane. next up i would probably pickup the hextech gunblade, then i would start doing variations. put statikk shiv into it, then a wits end. right now your build has hard hits but hard hits will only get you so far in overall DPS. with this, you have some crit AD synergy with hextech + statikk shiv, but more importantly, you have 35% CDR, multiple sources of magic damage(wits end, nashors, statikk shiv, lich bane, plus your spells) and 3 attack speed items.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Hell, why not

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

general anime posted:

When you are talking about a build this good you basically have to put it on Teemo, aka the best champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
wisdom

• Locked thread