Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Frog Act posted:

My [26m] girlfriend [23f] of 6 months cheated on me and is going on a date with the guy.Relationships

:sever: your jugular vein you goddamn idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
"Hmmm, well my girlfriend promised me she won't cheat on my with the guy she's going to a wedding with again, and she's obviously proven herself to be so trustworthy..."

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

quote:

So he's out there and thinking he has a hot date planned which may or may not turn platonic a week beforehand, weirdly this bothers me too.

I think I just love that he typed out that sentence, and then still added "weirdly this bothers me too" in there. Like he actually typed that out and still thought it was unacceptable for him to be bothered by it all.

You could write this for basically 90% of the quoted posts ITT, but gently caress me...

What.

A.

loving.

Doormat.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

JetSetGo posted:

The fear of being alone overpowers the fear of being proven as a doormat for many of these types

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Plus that old "I'll never find someone as good as this abusive bully" rationalized by the fact that they're hot or rich or whatever.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

The Wizard of Poz posted:

I think I just love that he typed out that sentence, and then still added "weirdly this bothers me too" in there. Like he actually typed that out and still thought it was unacceptable for him to be bothered by it [...]

I read that as sarcastic. Is it possible he was being sarcastic?
Probably not...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Frog Act posted:

My [26m] girlfriend [23f] of 6 months cheated on me and is going on a date with the guy.Relationships

To this guy's credit, he seems to be aware that the relationship is over and even had the good sense to ask "am I fool for needing to ask these questions." He didn't waste our time talking our ear off about how she's a great person and the relationship would be wonderful in every way if it weren't for this darned infidelity thing. Like, he can see the writing on the wall, he's just a little chickenshit about pulling the trigger.

Like, she's already planning her rebound for after they break up, they just need to actually break up

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Frog Act posted:

top comment

quote:

Break up with her Jesus Christ. It's only been six loving months and she's already cheating. Have some goddamn self respect.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Gaunab posted:

top comment
"Break up with her Jesus Christ. It's only been six loving months and she's already cheating. Have some goddamn self respect."

Up there in the Dantheon imho.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
I dunno it sounds like he is just as poo poo in this relationship. She'll be better off without him too.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
My dad [47M] got my best friend [23F] pregnant. I [23F] am struggling to cope with this situation.

quote:

I have done my best to accept this situation, but I am struggling with it. I feel angry and betrayed by two people I never thought would be so careless, but part of me wonders if I'm handling the situation immaturely. I cut them both out when I found out because of the lies and some other things, but I'm starting to wonder if I went to far. I think I would like to try to work things out with them, but I don't know how to regain trust or if it's even a wise idea since I question how much they care about me based on their actions.

I think it makes most sense to split this up into two sections dealing with my dad and my best friend separately.

I'll start with my dad, but I don't know where to begin. I'm extremely upset by his behavior. I've been friends with Lexie (my best friend) for 9 years, and the idea of him hooking up with a girl he's know since she was 14 is disgusting. It makes me wonder if he groomed her or acted inappropriately in the past, and at best, it makes me think of him as a dirty old man. I don't like thinking about my dad that way, but I can't think of his actions in any way that is good.

I'm also upset with him because Lexis told me he's already ended their relationship and said he wants nothing to do with their child. I don't know how he could be a good father to me and my sisters and also be a deadbeat with this baby. He's completely abandoned Lexie, and he doesn't even feel bad about it.

I'm also upset with my dad because his choice has strained my relationship with Lexie because of the lies she's told me to hide their relationship, which I will talk about below. I blame her partially, but I would have expected better of him. I feel like he should have known better, and I can't help but wonder why he would do something like this when it's obvious because of the lies that he should have known it could harm our relationship. That to me is extremely selfish, and it hurts to know he didn't care enough to reconsider.

Finally, I'm upset with him (and her too) because they have lied repeatedly to me about the nature of their relationship and at other times to cover it. I do blame him more because it was hid idea to hide their relationship, although she did go along with it. The funny thing is I would have been much more understanding if they had just told me instead of lying to me about where they were or why Lexie wasn't available to hang out.

Now for Lexie. I really only have one legitimate problem with her, and that would be the lies she told me to cover the relationship.

On another level, I feel betrayed by her. I know she and my dad are adults and get to make choices about who they're involved with, but it still feel wrong to me that she chose to get involved with my dad. I think it bothers me so much because it feels like she was willing to risk damaging our friendship for a fling.

There's about a million other thoughts I could list for why this situation bothers me, but it would just turn this post into a full blown rant.

I want advice for how I can get past this and repair my relationship with Lexie and possibly my dad. Right now I have no contact with my dad as of July 17 and limited contact with Lexie. (Maybe you won't even think she did anything wrong.) I would like to let them back into my life, but I don't know how I can trust them again.

The other problem I have is what to do about my dad. I am having a harder time forgiving him not only because he slept and impregnated my best friend but also because of the way he has treated her since she got pregnant. That's unforgivable in my book, but I don't know if it would be too much to continue to avoid him unless something changes. He has always been a good father up until this point, but the man who got involved with my best friend and left her pregnant with his child isn't the same man who raised me.

tl;dr: My dad and best friend had a secret relationship, lied to me repeatedly and often about it to conceal it, and got pregnant. My dad then left my friend and told her he wanted nothing to do with the child. I have basically cut them both out because of the lies, betrayal, and sleazy behavior (on my dad's part). I'm wondering if I'm being immature to cut them from my life or whether that is the right move. I think I would like to try to work this out, but I don't know how to regain trust in either of them.

Bf [22m] refuses to admit our condoms are too big for him. I am [I9f] together 8 months.

quote:

I had to stop taking birth control temporarily so we have to use condoms until next week. We've had problems (before and now) with him having to continually adjust the condom for slippage and a few times he's had to fish it out of me.

After trying different positions and having me try to relax and not clench as much as we both like we're still having problems.

I suggested we try a different brand or "fit" of condom and my bf dismissed it and was pissy the rest of the night. Now any talk of condoms makes things awkward.

I hate when it comes off in me, the only thing that dries me out faster than feeling it wad up inside of me is when he finally snags it and pulls it out like a worm.

Tl;dr: How do I get bf to buy smaller condoms?

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Aug 3, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

#babydickprobz

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Are we [16F&15M] horrible people for not attending our sister [19F] wedding to a [75M] man. Like our mother says we are

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011
And apparently he's not even rich

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

-buy him a penis sheath and don't have sex without it
-buy ludicrously big condoms and giggle when he can't get it to stay on
-buy appropriate size condoms and put it on for him without asking

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Mocking Bird posted:

And apparently he's not even rich

does he have some sort of implausibly good life insurance policy?

e: doesn't sound like it- he's broke and lives with his own children

LGD fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Aug 3, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LOVE IS LOVE

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

quote:

[–]Pooledsd[S] 221 points 2 hours ago
No the dude lives with his son and daughter in law. He is broke, he is a freaking loser. What 75 year old man wants to marry a 19 year old. She is calling him the love of her life.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

a7m2 posted:

What 75 year old man wants to marry a 19 year old.

Literally all of them. The question is what 19 year old wants to marry a poor 75 year old man?

Like, we all understood why Anna Nicole Smith married her old man, but the old guy being poor makes this situation totally nuts.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

WampaLord posted:

Literally all of them. The question is what 19 year old wants to marry a poor 75 year old man?

Like, we all understood why Anna Nicole Smith married her old man, but the old guy being poor makes this situation totally nuts.

Was there a religious reasons behind it? Seems weird overall.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

The Wizard of Poz posted:

I think I just love that he typed out that sentence, and then still added "weirdly this bothers me too" in there. Like he actually typed that out and still thought it was unacceptable for him to be bothered by it all.

I think his point is that even in the scenario where she's faithful and honest (to him) she's stringing along some poor dude who thinks he's gonna hook up, and that makes him uncomfortable on the other guy's behalf. It's "weird" in the sense that most people thinking about their relationship after a cheating incident don't really bother thinking about how the sidepiece feels.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I [33M] do not know how to proceed with my girlfriend [34F] as she gets deeper into a cult

quote:

So a bit of background... We've been together for 3.5 years and have been living together for the last year. We have a great relationship, we hardly ever fight, we get along with each other's parents, our parents get along, etc

Her friend took Landmark a couple of months ago and it really turned her life around for the better. Her friend has had some pretty rough relationships in the past where the guys got physically and/or emotionally abusive. Landmark helped her get past all of that (apparently).

She talked my girlfriend into going into a weekend intro course. I thought nothing of it. I didn't know what Landmark was, just that it was some form of a self-help course. My girlfriend came back and was brimming with energy. She kept going on and on about how it changed her view on things, how I should sign up, how close she felt to everyone there, how she needs to get everyone she cares about to sign up, and so on.

Well, this piqued my interest, because it sounded like she was getting sucked into a god drat cult. I did some reading on the Internet... I really didn't like what I learned about it. Seems like crash course in existentialism that you're meant to mainline, all being administered by a weird cult of personalities carrying heavy baggage that they think Landmark cured (protip: didn't cure).

My girlfriend is (was?) a rational person, so I brought all of this up to her. I thought she'd read about the darker side of it and give some judgement on how this is playing into her life... but instead, it went just the opposite way. She said that she wouldn't stop with the course because it would just be her continuing in her old, weak ways. She needs to commit to something for once, and that this was very important to her. She basically pinned the rest of her career aspirations to the benefits she'll get from doing more Landmark courses.

This is my deal breaker. I have a deep seated disdain for cults that prey on weak minded people who are willing to give up money and their sense of self just for a community-any community-to belong to. I never thought I would see my partner, in any scenario, getting involved with something like that... well, here I am now.

She is happily signing up for more courses, not giving another thought to the conversations I've tried to have with her. She uses their jargon more and more. She doesn't seem as interested in what's happening in our circle of friends, and always wants to tell me about these amazing 'transformations' she witnesses every time she's at the seminars. I told her all my reservations, my view on cults, and she just says that I don't get it, that this isn't a cult, and her go-to solutions has been that I just need to go to a weekend seminar so that I too would understand so we can further our relationship!!

I no longer see her in the same light. I am always seeing her for her mistakes now... things I used to brush off and find cute, now just irritate me. I think I may need to end this, it's actually something that I think about more and more.

The logistics of it would be a mess. We live together. We have a dog that we both love to death. I have a great career where money is rarely a concern, she has a job that might get her by month-to-month. Both sides of our families think that news of us getting engaged is imminent. Our mothers constantly pepper us with questions about grandchildren.

I keep on wavering between giving this another shot, or cutting bait and running. I thought I would be devastated if we were to split, but I am now pretty sure that if she stays this way it wouldn't even feel like I've lost someone I cared about. I think she would take it pretty hard... she would definitely get deeper into Landmark to get her through it.

Has anyone been in a similar situation that can shed some light on this? My single friends tell me to run for the hills and extol the virtues of being a single guy in your 30s with a good career... my married friends tell me they're shocked I would even consider ending what they thought was a rock solid relationship.

Would love to hear some advice from some neutral bystanders.

TL;DR: A couple of months ago I was thinking of the best ways I could propose to my girlfriend... now I am always teetering on the edge of ending the entire thing as she gets deeper and deeper into a cult.

I [25f] thought my new work of 1 year was strange. I found out today they're in a cult. Where to go from here?

quote:

This is difficult and not something I thought I'd ever, in my life, need advice on. I work for a large corporation. Think: white collar. Think: huge deals. Think: highly revered. Think: global

This was my dream role. I was head hunted and moved from a job I absolutely loved. I've been here a year now and during that time I've found the majority of people I work with very bizarre.

It started off by me noticing a lot of instances where the consensus in the office was something that was either old fashioned, highly conservative or very, for want of a better word, insensitive.

I.e. No tolerance for alcohol, or hearing about instances where employees have been intoxicated. Strong views around pro life, etc.

Fast forward to today. A colleague who has been there longer than me quits on the spot, but takes me aside before walking out. I've hardly dealt with her in my life, we've said no more than a couple of sentences to each other.

She tells me to get out "while I can". I laugh, confused. She says it again. I laugh again.

Eventually I ask why and she proceeds to tell me that almost everyone else we work with is actually part of a very well known cult. I'm talking this is a cult that has been discussed and documented A LOT in the media.

I didn't believe her, but then she pulled out her phone and showed me the social media pages of the cult, and there are pictures of SO MANY PEOPLE I WORK WITH.

Since then I can't focus. I am really loving creeped out and I feel like I'm in a Stepford Wives remake.

On top of that, she said that they never promote or nurture anyone unless they join, which checks out because all the VPs are involved in it.

But then again I had NO inkling at all, beyond a super conservative culture, that this was the case. None of them have ever discussed any of these views with me.

How should I handle this? Should I stay or quit? What do I do if I stay and they approach me? I don't want anything to do with it.

tl;dr: Found out my work is full of cult members. Should I leave or stay?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
yikes. that dude probably has the right idea to sever since theres nothing he can do to talk her out of it with being a bad guy

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

"Hi Reddit. I work for a private, church-run school and I think something strange is going on. Every few months one of my younger students suddenly disappears and I've been finding these esoteric twig sculptures scattered around. Do you think I should bring it up with the administration?"

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Hey Reddit, I[31M] work for He Who Walks Behind the Rows[666B] and I've been experiencing serious ageism at the office.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My [72M] dad [45F] got my sister [7DOG] pregnant and wants to marry her. Is this weird?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Evolution in action

Me 26 M with my wife, 25 F of 6 years, does not want to bear my children because of my height.

I'm a very short guy. I'm 5'2. My wife is taller than me, but still short at 5'4. I have found the love of my life and we have been married for 5 years. I just found out that she has been purposefully delaying us having kids because she doesn't want them to be short. She didn't phrase it like that, but instead she told me "she doesn't want them to go through the struggles I did."
My mom is 5'3 and my dad was 5'4. I struggled, being short. I had friends, but romantically was very lonely all throughout highschool and college. I met my wife at age 20, with my first romantic encounter.
We always discussed having kids, and she was never hesitant. I really thought she wanted to have my kids. I'm hurt and I'm embarrassed. I never thought my own wife is embarrassed of me. Now I'm scared my height is more of an issue than has been addressed.
She doesn't want to have my children. She would rather adopt or go to a sperm bank. She basically wants anyone's kid but mine. I've tried to reason with her, reminding her that any of the kids could be short.
I've had severe depression over my height for years. My wife was the one person that helped me through it, and helped me remember I can still be loved. And now I do not feel loved.
Maybe I'm just feeling emotional, but I'm rethinking my marriage.
*tl;dr, my wife does not want my kids because I'm short. *

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Holy poo poo that is cold, jesus christ.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
That might be the saddest one in this thread. Nobody is being lovely, selfish, stupid or anything. He's just face-to-face with the honest manifestation of the worthlessness he's always felt but never confirmed, and slowly accepting oblivion.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it's not that cold, if your husband is constantly depressed and poo poo about his height why would you want your kids to suffer through that too?

reddit comment:

quote:

My guess, OP's extreme insecurity over his height has (over time) convinced his wife that male shortness is this kind of emotional disease and she does not want to have kids who will eventually suffer from said emotional disease.
What sucks is that, right now OP is wallowing because yet again his shortness is ruining his life since now his wife doesn't want to have his kids because of his shortness. When most likely it's not his shortness that has her not wanting to have kids but his insecurity over his shortness that has her not wanting (short) kids.

i totally agree. his wife helped him through his depression and poo poo that's great but why would she want to have her kids deal with that too if they don't have to? maybe if he wasn't such a sadbrain about it then it'd be fine; obv it wasn't a problem when she married him.

just adopt you dumbass why are your genes so special. think of the loving kid which is apparently what your wife is doing.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

it's not that cold, if your husband is constantly depressed and poo poo about his height why would you want your kids to suffer through that too?

reddit comment:

i totally agree. his wife helped him through his depression and poo poo that's great but why would she want to have her kids deal with that too if they don't have to? maybe if he wasn't such a sadbrain about it then it'd be fine; obv it wasn't a problem when she married him.

just adopt you dumbass why are your genes so special. think of the loving kid which is apparently what your wife is doing.

Yeah... heritability of severe depression is like... 50%, I think. Which isn't to say that people who have it don't deserve to live, but why would you want your kids to suffer through that?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
This is from the Ask a Manager blog. I love the people who write in completely clueless to how creepy they're being.

quote:

My girlfriend recently went on a business trip with her boss. After meeting with their clients for dinner, the two of them headed back to the hotel and had some drinks in the lobby.

I’m completely fine with my girlfriend having one or two drinks with her boss for an hour in the hotel lobby. Not a big deal. Perfectly fine.

The problem was they spent 3+ hours drinking together and she didn’t get back to her hotel room to call me until 11:30 p.m. When she called me, she was totally drunk.

Now I believe her boss crossed the line from “business” into “personal.” He encroached on our personal relationship.

I would never show up at his work and encroach on his business, and if I did I would expect he would address it with me. Likewise, I would hope that he would never encroach on our personal life, and if he does then I have the right to address him professionally, as it now involves me.

Needless to say, I sent him a professional email outlining my concerns. He was lucky I didn’t involve HR as I think it was extremely inappropriate. Do you agree that I was justified in doing so?

Also, what are appropriate boundaries for drinking alone with the boss on a business trip? Is what I outlined above fair? (Number of drinks, time of night, etc.) I would say nothing past 10:00 p.m. as well.

http://www.askamanager.org/2016/08/..._medium=twitter

Click through to see how she lays the smack down!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lmao if you're under 6'0" and trying to procreate just lmao have you not heard of Darwinism?

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

vyst posted:

lmao if you're under 6'0" and trying to procreate just lmao have you not heard of Darwinism?

This applies to women too.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

zakharov posted:

This is from the Ask a Manager blog. I love the people who write in completely clueless to how creepy they're being.

http://www.askamanager.org/2016/08/..._medium=twitter

Click through to see how she lays the smack down!

Does OP comment? I perused them but didn't find one.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Jack Trades posted:

My [72M] dad [45F] got my sister [7DOG] pregnant and wants to marry her. Is this weird?

:)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

VioletCorsica posted:

My [33M] wife [32F] of 6 years suddenly/desperately wants to have sex despite our bedroom being dead for over 5 months.

Dunno, does sound a lot like she hosed around behind his back, too many red flags. Bad communication, work stress, ignoring problems with intimacy, changed phone password (in this case both suspicious with her changing it and him snooping), all if it screams "she hosed around with another dude". He should ask her to take a pregnancy test and see how she reacts.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Dunno, does sound a lot like she hosed around behind his back, too many red flags. Bad communication, work stress, ignoring problems with intimacy, changed phone password (in this case both suspicious with her changing it and him snooping), all if it screams "she hosed around with another dude". He should ask her to take a pregnancy test and see how she reacts.

That story makes me sad. I'm imagining that the wife spent months building up the confidence to throw herself at her husband and try to save their marriage but gets shut down.

I'm also imagining that she's pregnant with somebody else's baby.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
given that homie took a promotion at work which entailed so many extra hours that there isn't even time to gently caress your wife and presumably did so without discussing it with anyone and is now amazed that she is unhappy (obviously, since she started to say gently caress it regarding the household chores and stuff) and instead of trying to communicate with her and figure it out he just shrugs and goes 'is what it is' and gets confused and suspicious when she tries to sex him while saying 'I have needs too wtf'......

odds are she isn't cheating on him... but either that or a 'I'm leaving' is def coming. Like guy the problem isn't that she tried to gently caress you, the problem is you haven't been intimate in 5 months and you don't seem to really care.

quote:

It goes both ways. Sometimes I would proposition her and she would reject me with the classic headache response. My exhaustion from work definitely initiated the death of our sex life but she is equally at fault too.

either you're equally at fault or your increased work load is what initiated it, you can't have it both ways.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
also they have a 3 yr old and it sounds like homie dumps all responsibility for that onto the wife while not realizing that raising a baby is actually exhausting and hard as gently caress

• Locked thread