Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
OATH COMPLETE!

Going to claim:
- Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord
- Life's a beach! (for the water effects in the deeper parts of the trenches. I'm not too happy with how the water effects experiment turned out- wasn't deep enough when it dried, so it just looks like gloss varnish- so if I don't get a point for it, that's cool).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Still no sign of Krushgroove, but I'm pretty sure everyone realises by now the July deadline has come and gone

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Okay, the spreadsheet is now up to date, please be sure to go check it's correct. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=14

Also as it's the end of the third month, we'll be doing first quarter prizes soon (I think) and people should start getting 'Apprentice' achievements if you've done all three months!

Only a handful of Oathbreakers this time around, may you wear your red names in shame (in the spreadsheet anyway)!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Zark the Damned posted:

Okay, the spreadsheet is now up to date, please be sure to go check it's correct. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=14

Also as it's the end of the third month, we'll be doing first quarter prizes soon (I think) and people should start getting 'Apprentice' achievements if you've done all three months!

Only a handful of Oathbreakers this time around, may you wear your red names in shame (in the spreadsheet anyway)!

FYI it looks like I didn't get credit for speed painting. Thanks for your work Zark!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Yeah, I'll be doing the drawings tomorrow.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I, CommissarRed, oath these 4 Gnoll dudes from Northstar for the month of August!

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath Dr. Arkadius, 6 Farrow Bone Grinders, and 2 Razor Boars, all from Privateer Press' Minions faction for the month of August.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs: I, Irate Tree, Oath One Young Male Traveling Mage, from Dark Sword Miniatures, for the month of August :shroom::ranbowdash::catdrugs:

I believe he's 32mm true scale?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, Oath 5 Invictus Suzerians for August (Forgeworld, 28mm)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Zark the Damned posted:

you seem to have missed my oath complete post/points.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

nesbit37 posted:

FYI it looks like I didn't get credit for speed painting. Thanks for your work Zark!

Ditto. I probably needed to put it in bold text though.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, Oath 6 Isorian Phase Troopers and an Isorian Support Weapon team, and 3 Ghar Assault suits and 3 Battle suits, all from Warlord's Gates of Antares range, all in 28mm.

Lets get some Gates of Antares forces painted.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath to paint the Fire Giant, Thor, Loki and Frigga in August. Still Blood Rage, still by CMoN.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Empire Wizard, five Black Knights, three Canine Remains and ten Skeleton Warriors. Everything is 28mm GW, except Canine Remains are Wyrd Miniatures bizarro scale (32mm I presume)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
How about some prizes? The painting has been going on for 3 months, so we'll also have the 1. quarterly drawing!
If any of you actually look at the dice rolls, you'll probably notice that they're all called 'August'. I hosed up because I did the drawing in August :downs:

:siren: JULY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: CHUTCHE2!

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: THEFINALTUBA!

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: GRASSY GNOLL!

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK/EU-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:
If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in the UK or Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

:siren: 1. QUARTER PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT laptop work tray is: FLIPSWITCH!

To CLAIM your prizes: The default method to claim any prize you may get is to EMAIL krushgroove at krushgroove169 at gmail.com. Please put 'Oath Thread Prize for (your username)' as the subject of your email. In the body of the email, provide your real name, postal address and prize choices. Finally, please see the Postage Costs section immediately below.

If you're happy to wait for your loot you can help save on postage costs by waiting for your prizes until the end of the Oath Season (May 2017). This is entirely optional but does help save a LOT of money. You can also donate towards krushgroove's postage costs, contact him at the email above - MDF gets pretty heavy!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I grey Hunter Oath the following - 25 US Infantry, 3 US Field Guns, 15 Lobotron Slicers and 15 Lobotron Blasters - all 15mm by the now defunct Alien Dungeon, but soon to be relaunched by Iornclad games, so now I'm all confused.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

Zark the Damned posted:

Scowny posted:

I, Scowny, oath in addition, this 28/30mm Scibor Barbarian (the website can't decide what scale it is apparently)

Aaaand I already finished it:

Going for the monthly challenge (either of them, I figure), and the Speed Painting achievement
Unless you can't Oath and Complete in the same post?

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I, JackMack, oath five Scavengers by Copplestone Castings

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack
I, Jubelio, oath to paint this Privateer Press Menoth Vanquisher

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK I think the reported mistakes have been fixed now. Hopefully Google Sheets saved the edits this time :doh:

For future reference, when reporting omissions could people please link to completion posts and state what's missing, took me a while to realise that Scowny's issue was the missing Speed Painting from June :)

Re prizes, grats to all the winners! Though one suggestion I would make is to do the drawings about a week into the next month in case any omissions etc. affect the numbers (I'm not sure if they have this time) so I have a chance to make corrections.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Zark the Damned posted:

Re prizes, grats to all the winners! Though one suggestion I would make is to do the drawings about a week into the next month in case any omissions etc. affect the numbers (I'm not sure if they have this time) so I have a chance to make corrections.
Yeah, I see now that that's a good idea. I double check everyone who the spreadsheet said had failed their oath, but it'll still be better to have the spreadsheet up to date before I do my thing.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath 5 Invictus Suzerians for August (Forgeworld, 28mm)

I can't wait to see these.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I, Korwen, oath 10 Idrian Skirmishers with Unit Attachment (12 models total) and a Vigilant Light Warjack, all by Privateer Press

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath this Privateer Press stuff for August:
1 Titan Cannoneer (50mm)
5 Ferox (well, the Ferox riders mounted on GW Dark Elf Cold Ones) (50mm)
1 Paingiver Master Tormentor (30mm)

head58 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 3, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Uroboros posted:

I can't wait to see these.

I'm pretty sure seeing yours is what got me to finally pull the trigger :)

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

So, here are the good pictures. I hope this is alright. I was really happy with how Tigurius turned out, but got annoyed that I couldn't get him any good lighting.

Additionally, I oath 10 tactical marines for August. I know this is kind of boring, but I will be doing 2x 5 man squads this time, which means 2x Heavy Weapons 2x Special Weapons and 2x sergeants all magnetized and converted with Ultramarine upgrade kits.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I, Endman, Oath these Footsore Miniatures Late Romans for the month of August.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I might be going rogue here, but I've noticed quite a few oathers are making or completing oaths that don't really adhere to the rules. While krushgroove is a good guy, and will let a lot of mistakes slide, It'll still make everything flow easier for everybody if it's done like this:

krushgroove posted:

:siren: HOW TO OATH YOUR MODELS :siren:

How to Oath your model:
1. You can post your Oath at ANY TIME of the month! However, your finished Oath must be posted by the deadline: midnight *AMERICAN SAMOAN TIME* (not Samoa! CLICK HERE to see the deadline for Oathing and Oath Completion

2. Your model must be photographed out of its package and in one of these states:
2a. still on sprue, off the sprue and unassembled, partially assembled or fully assembled
2b. unpainted, primed or basecoated in a SINGLE color
2c. zenithal priming IS allowed, however pre-shading or picking out details is NOT allowed**

3. Go to http://www.worldtimeserver.com/ on your computer/tablet/phone, select AMERICAN SAMOAN TIME (or click this link) and take a picture of the oath model(s) beside the date and time on the screen. The time, date and location should be readable and the model should be recognizable. It’s hard to get everything in focus, but we must be able to count the models and if it's in multiple pieces we must be able to see all the parts of the model. Make sure the screen text (date and time) is READABLE and IN FOCUS before uploading your picture.

4. Upload your picture to http://www.imgur.com or any other publicly accessible photo-hosting site and copy the BB code link into your Oath post. (note: you can add your name to your Oath picture, but it isn't necessary)

5. Please also indicate what scale and brand of your figure(s) - this allows us to give helpful statistics to our prize sponsors.

6. Hit the ‘Reply’ link and put something like ‘I, [yourname], Oath that I will paint this [model name]’ - make sure this text is in BOLD so new Oaths are easy to find.

7. Hit the ‘submit’ button and get started painting! If you have any doubts about your Oath being accepted, wait until krushgroove approves it, or at least 24-48 hrs before starting to paint it.

8. Once your Oath is approved, your Oath is LOCKED IN and cannot be changed, only added to (see Oath Additions, below).

9. CLICK HERE to see the deadline for Oathing and Oath Completion

*Why American Samoa? Because it gives everyone the opportunity to paint until late at night on the last day of the month (unless you are living right on the International Date Line) rather than having to finish in the morning or afternoon of the last day, which doesn't really work out well if you have a normal school/work day.
**zenithal priming: If you are in doubt, take a picture before you have primed the model (the safest and easiest option), or post a picture of your zenithal-primed model and ask. Pre-shading, which is not allowed for Oathing examples include panel lining on vehicles or shading on muscles, wings, etc. Anything can be done to the models after Oathing, of course.
Here's an example of an oath post, using my own oath:

Electric Hobo posted:

For June, I, Electric Hobo, oath the Wolfman, the Dwarf Chieftain, the Darkelf, the Valkyrie, the Soldier of Hel and the Völur Witch. From Blood Rage by CMoN.

Just to make it perfectly clear: You don't need your username in your oath picture and you don't need to say which achievements you're going for! It's obviously nice that you have a plan for your model, but you don't have to tells us in advance.

krushgroove posted:

Completing your Oath
1. Your Oath is 'complete' when YOU are happy with the paint job you've done. It doesn't need to be a masterpiece, just 'finished'. If you just want to get models painted for a board game (like Zombicide) you can do a quick basecoat + wash job and call them finished, or you can go all the way and do your absolute best. It's your choice.

2. Make sure you are posting before the end of the calendar month - remember we’re using *AMERICAN* SAMOAN TIME! CLICK HERE to see the deadline for Oath Completion

3. Don't miss out on the scoring! YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME IN THE PICTURES YOU POST TO EARN POINTS. This is very easy: simply write your username on a piece of paper and make sure your name is clearly visible and readable in your photo. You can also add in your name with photo-editing software (online or otherwise). PLEASE NOTE that if you take lots of pictures of your model(s), it helps everyone if you include your username in every photo, especially if you finished several models or have different backgrounds in your photos. IF YOU DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR USERNAME YOU WILL NOT EARN POINTS. If you're only participating to paint your stuff and/or win monthly/quarterly prizes, you'll still be eligible for those but you WILL NOT be earning easy points for the season-ending points totals.

4. Post ‘Oath Complete!’ with a picture your finished model or group (if you're posting multiple pictures, try to use the [timg] tag instead of the [img] tag so they don't take up huge amounts of screen space) - see below for where to get free image hosting and how to post the images

5. If you did either of the monthly Challenge, TELL US which one in bold

6. If you are claiming any Achievements , TELL US which one in bold and post whatever is relevant for that bonus

7. If you did anything else that should earn you bonus points, TELL US which one in bold

8. (Optional) Copy your post to the Miniatures Painting Thread and whatever other thread your fellow gamers post in (D&D, Malifaux, Battletech, Historicals, etc.) and encourage them to play, too!
Again, an example using my own posts:

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath complete!

*a bunch of pictures cut out*

I did the technical challenge with lots of skin on the wolfman and the witch, and I did the Box art achievement on the wolfman.

The important thing here is really the layout which makes it easy for Zark to spot so he can update the spreadsheet.

Endman posted:

I, Endman, Oath these Footsore Miniatures Late Romans for the month of August.

Please take a photo of them in front of the world time server page :)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
:siren:And a service announcement about August's challenges until krushgroove comes back::siren:

krushgroove posted:

August: Feeling hot! hot! hot! it’s the hottest time of the year!
technical challenge: OSL! Now it's time to PAINT a cool glow effect on your model! Fire, engine heat, glowing eyes, whatever you can think of
theme challenge: paint actual flames, smoke or something similar on your model

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Electric Hobo posted:

Please take a photo of them in front of the world time server page :)

Haha, whoops. I should have remembered that.

Here you go:

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I, Arson Fire, oath to paint an Ablobination, Scowl, and Grin, in the month of August (Zombicide Black Plague, CMON, 28mm)

Scowl is great fun in zombicide. Last time I played, the other heroes were all doing their best to get him killed. Being batman, he didn't kill a single zombie all game. Just ran around grabbing items for his utility belt and swooping off into the night.
Somehow they still won. A perfect score for team batman.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
I, Glitchkrieg, oath these 2 GW Fanatics for the month of August!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Electric Hobo posted:

I might be going rogue here, but I've noticed quite a few oathers are making or completing oaths that don't really adhere to the rules. While krushgroove is a good guy, and will let a lot of mistakes slide, It'll still make everything flow easier for everybody if it's done like this:

Here's an example of an oath post, using my own oath:

My bad.

I, UROBOROS, oath 10 tactical marines.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sure what you're talking about, but no worries :) It was meant as a purely informative post. There are a lot of new oathers, and I know that not everybody wants to read the OP (I didn't when I started out), so I figured it would be a good idea to bring the rules up front. It would suck if someone lost points or prizes because of some rule they weren't aware of.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint one Alchemist's Guild "Smoke" from Steamforged Games' Guild Ball.

Between two shows I'm doing, I basically don't exist for the month of August haha. So going for a light oath in an effort not to drive myself crazy with my one free night a week.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Neat, I won a thing. Thanks to Hobo and my homeslice random.org.

Now I've gotta figure out what I'm going to paint some sick flames on for this month.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I, GoodBee, oath three Reaper Fire Wizards.

I was going to just do one but I may never get around to painting the other two if I don't oath them all. Plus I couldn't decide.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Clarification on the challenge, can we paint a source of glowing heat (fire, molten metal, etc.) even if we don't do proper OSL?

The oath thread is usually super chill and cool about stuff like this but I figure it doesn't hurt to make sure.

Endman
May 18, 2010

Gotta get that WIP Photos achievement. Here's a WIP shot!

I've also got to figure out which one of these I want to paint on his shield:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

JerryLee posted:

Clarification on the challenge, can we paint a source of glowing heat (fire, molten metal, etc.) even if we don't do proper OSL?

The oath thread is usually super chill and cool about stuff like this but I figure it doesn't hurt to make sure.
In this case I'm pretty sure that yes can. OSL is only part of the technical challenge, ao everything else goes under the theme challenge.

• Locked thread