Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Bitter Mushroom posted:

how does online poker work? you can't see their faces

that might be why he was 5000 in debt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Well first you dive into 50 g's in credit card debt and then you work to pay off the debt

e: suck my dick you fuckman

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

KomodoWagon posted:

Well first you dive into 50 g's in credit card debt and then you work to pay off the debt

e: suck my dick you fuckman

It's even funnier because people literally do this with student loans. And even death doesn't stop you from owing those debts.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
What are good protein snacks that will fill you up? Same with fiber snacks I guess, fruit has fiber but also sugar.

Basically, what are like a half dozen healthy things to eat when I get hungry late at night? I do pita chips and hummus and yogurt and granola, those might be the healthiest snacks I eat.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Even though I'm very good with money, I'm very thankful that my dad taught me early to never have a credit card except one to auto-pay my bills.

There were a few times j could have gotten in a lot of trouble.

same. I never understood why anyone would even need a credit card (just use debit!) until I graduated high school.

those cash back rewards though man

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

A Strange Aeon posted:

What are good protein snacks that will fill you up? Same with fiber snacks I guess, fruit has fiber but also sugar.

Basically, what are like a half dozen healthy things to eat when I get hungry late at night? I do pita chips and hummus and yogurt and granola, those might be the healthiest snacks I eat.

tuna, eggs, jerky, lean chicken

a sandwich with half the bread off

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

A Strange Aeon posted:

hummus has tons of calories so not a good snack. eat lots of carrots/celery

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Keeping a calorie log is really helpful. Even if you're not holding yourself to a strict standard or anything, just giving yourself a clear picture of where your calories come from is very enlightening.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Bitter Mushroom posted:

how does online poker work? you can't see their faces

You just play the odds more than trying to read people. Also become addicted to gambling.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Zorodius posted:

Keeping a calorie log is really helpful. Even if you're not holding yourself to a strict standard or anything, just giving yourself a clear picture of where your calories come from is very enlightening.

I agree, eat a log of pure calories. For example, baklava

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Zorodius posted:

My Fitness Pal is excellent for this. You can scan the barcode of stuff you eat!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

any time i drink lots of red wine my poo poo is dark green the next day. idk why

Popular Human
Jul 17, 2005

and if it's a lie, terrorists made me say it
Dear goon who's afraid he's schizophrenic because he says stuff and makes hand motions in response to what's going on in his head: you're not schizo. You might want to look up some of the signs and symptoms of autism and see if you meet any of the other criteria, though, and maybe look into having yourself checked out if you do. I have some autistic tendencies and occasionally my wife will notice me doing exactly what you're doing when I'm extremely stressed out or tired and 'snap' me out of it. It's a common trait for people with Autism or OCD to have.

quote:

any time i drink lots of red wine my poo poo is dark green the next day. idk why

it's because of the sugars, probably. Red wine has a ton of sugar in it and that tends to make yo' poo poo all green.

Popular Human fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Aug 3, 2016

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Popular Human posted:

Dear goon who's afraid he's schizophrenic because he says stuff and makes hand motions in response to what's going on in his head: you're not schizo. You might want to look up some of the signs and symptoms of autism and see if you meet any of the other criteria, though, and maybe look into having yourself checked out if you do. I have some autistic tendencies and occasionally my wife will notice me doing exactly what you're doing when I'm extremely stressed out or tired and 'snap' me out of it. It's a common trait for people with Autism or OCD to have.

it's because of the sugars, probably. Red wine has a ton of sugar in it and that tends to make yo' poo poo all green.

The same is true for Gatorade, but only blue Gatorade. One of life's greatest little mysteries, wouldn't you say?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Also UV Blue vodka.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
yeah i used to have certain blue blueberry snacks that woudl turn poo poo neon green

so that means the default color of poo poo is yellow

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that doesn't sound healthy

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Why shouldn't your poop reflect what you eat? Change some diapers and you'll learn quickly.

Also on vacation when I was like 9 I ate a half pound of gas station licorice in one six hour drive and both my poop and vomit were blue-green

Still better than red twizzlers though

I guess this is my "it's me, I'm the guy who likes black licorice" confession

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

Jose posted:

It's your liver processing stuff. Green= liver, red= tears, black=stomach any other color seek medical attention except brown. oh and yellow means diarrhea.

client
Aug 19, 2010

the green beer that they use for st. patricks day makes you pee bright blue, like wiper fluid color.

very mysterious

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

A Strange Aeon posted:

Granola can be really bad in terms of sugar and calories. If you're on low fat yoghurts they won't fill you up either and they're gross.

Have some turkey roll ups, seeds and nuts, veggies with homemade black bean dip. You could make some protein balls if you can be bothered.

Anyway, less diet advice, more trainwrecks please.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

SEX BURRITO posted:

Granola can be really bad in terms of sugar and calories. If you're on low fat yoghurts they won't fill you up either and they're gross.

Have some turkey roll ups, seeds and nuts, veggies with homemade black bean dip. You could make some protein balls if you can be bothered.

Anyway, less diet advice, more trainwrecks please.

welp I guess I'll never be healthy because granola and yogurt is all I eat for breakfast these days :smith:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Skip breakfast. Intermittent fasting is cool.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Eating healthy is easy, btw. Just make a small change every week. 1st week no more soda, 2nd week no more chips etc. It lets you ease into the change. I've lost 25 lbs this year just by not eating lovely.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

SciFiDownBeat posted:

welp I guess I'll never be healthy because granola and yogurt is all I eat for breakfast these days :smith:

Could have been eating Cheetos this whole time

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Also don't freak out about there being ~sugar~ in fruit. It's healthy and helps fill you up.

I like pairing apple slices with a bit of cheese or bananas with peanut butter so there's some protein and fat too

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
pizza for breakfast

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Lol when did this thread become the weight loss and fitness thread

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i just raid my neighbor's bird feeder for nutrients

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Ruzihm posted:

Skip breakfast. Intermittent fasting is cool.

That's prolly the worst thing you can do if you want to lose weight buddy.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

dog buttz posted:

Could have been eating Cheetos this whole time

:negative:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

thatfatkid posted:

That's prolly the worst thing you can do if you want to lose weight buddy.

Important tip from something awful goon thatfatkid

:colbert:

Intermittent fasting is fine. Figure out your macros with a keto calculator, meet them daily, boom... Weight is safely lost.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Intermittent fasting is fine. Figure out your macros with a keto calculator, meet them daily, boom... Weight is safely lost.
LOL

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Important tip from something awful goon thatfatkid

:colbert:

Jokes on you i'm not actually fat ;)

Skipping breakfast is an awful idea, sorry buddy.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Up next: fat goon & the ketones

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

"keto?" well it has a hippie pussy liberal name but it might be worth looking into

but skipping breakfast? buddy, that's just unamerican

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

People somehow make "eat less food" complicated

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003
Haha don't skip breakfast or you might die. Gimme a break.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

quote:

SJW's are dumb and do more harm for their cause than good I believe. I agree with the things they rage out about, but if they wanna actually make changes in the world, they gotta get over themselves and go about fighting the opposition in a more tactful way. If anything, I think they create more opposition or at least more devil's advocates. I have been a member on this site since 04 and have seen that attitude around here and other places of the internet for a long time, but it's really picking up steam lately, and I feel like I can't read any forums on here anymore without conversations breaking down into rants on sexism and racism. Lots of threads in games getting shut down. I understand that it is a massive problem in the world and society, but it's just weird how often it comes up around here anymore when it's not even being talked about. Its almost like a weird compulsion to have to mention it, like people gotta show how compassionate and progressive thinking they are like they'll get a medal for it or something. I'm not some MRA or crazy right winger, like I said, I agree with these things. It's also just off putting to see pages turn into witch hunt rallying too. So much anger and hatred, but that is the kind of stuff that this movement is supposed to be fighting. I dunno, I don't have a better solution really, but when I read about it on the internet, to me it just looks like do-nothing nerds getting high and mighty about something they may or may not really care that much about to gain recognition from their faceless internet peers on a dead messageboard. But that goes for places other than SA too. I just see the same anger in this side as the bigots that they claim to be up against. Go out and make someone smile and try your best to be a positive example, that will make the world a better place faster than calling people on Twitter racists.

quote:

I'm bi, which is pretty normal. I lean more towards women than men, and when I do like other men they're twinks and cds. But what I really like are transsexuals.

The first person I masturbated to was Ru-Paul when I was in 8th grade. When I say masturbate, I mean sucked my own dick, because regular masturbation didn't even occur to me. I was able to do this up until college- I have back problems, now and I haven't tried it lately. Also, my hand is just fine.

Anyway, I love the idea of loving a transwoman in her rear end, and would really love to experience this in real life. Here's the thing- I realize that it's kinda wrong to fetishize transwomen. Politically I'm ultra lefty, and I'm not comfortable with treating another human being as just a fetish. I wish I could find a nice trans girlfriend that I could hang out with and had a lot in common with, but I'd want to treat her as a woman and not as just someone who is trans. I also haven't had a significant other in about five years because to be honest I just haven't been trying. I've been dealing with depression and self loathing issues. I take pills that help me out, but it's still difficult.

On another note, I also have a fetish for impregnating women, but I don't actually ever want to have kids or actually impregnate them. It's a weird dissonance between what I find hot and what I actually want in my life.

I think that's enough for now. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What's bi goon's stance on dickbirthing

• Locked thread