Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Now I'm imagining Trump fighting the urge to talk like half a second before it all comes screaming out of him or he just furiously tweets live on camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Now I'm imagining Trump fighting the urge to talk like half a second before it all comes screaming out of him or he just furiously tweets live on camera.

Just below the shot of Trump pretending not to hear tiny hands are furiously typing away!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
http://mattfraction.com/post/148400625244/this-is-fine

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

:catstare:

Even Nixon and MacArthur would be scared of this guy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck me

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:

https://twitter.com/mattwalshblog/status/760845427222740992

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

https://thenib.com/this-is-not-fine

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

What about selling weapons to them? Oh wait, hang on, let me just pull out the old paper shredder -- and -- welp, no evidence found. Obama's in the clear like Reagan!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So the $400 million deal with Iran was done in January. Why is the amount coming out now? Was it just released some how or has some Republican been sitting on the info and releasing it now to offset the Trump fiasco?

I get that it's part of a bigger settlement and have no issues with it. I'm just curious about the timing.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"Quickly, get me the corpse of Ronald Reagan, we have a case to make!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/thrmattbelloni/status/760846431745814529

Donald Trump hand size (you can print it out and compare)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/sites/default/files/custom/Meena/TrumpsHand-outline.pdf

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

He makes Alex Smith look like Kawhi Leonard

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dexo posted:

He makes Alex Smith look like Kawhi Leonard

:vince:

Dexo, bringin' it home to SAS.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Just looking at the picture before I read the words, I though someone had written about trump being frozen in carbonite.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Technical Analysis posted:

Just looking at the picture before I read the words, I though someone had written about trump being frozen in carbonite.

"I love you." "I'm just the best, the greates-" *pssshhhh*

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Dicks out.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Ape of Naples posted:

So the $400 million deal with Iran was done in January. Why is the amount coming out now? Was it just released some how or has some Republican been sitting on the info and releasing it now to offset the Trump fiasco?

I get that it's part of a bigger settlement and have no issues with it. I'm just curious about the timing.

they're trying to fluff the piece back up in the news as a desperate attempt at damage control to get the spotlight back on obama/clinton instead of trump strutting around lighting everything on fire

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

You got it in one. This happened back in January but the GOP is desperate for anything to take the media's firestorm off Trump.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
We've had our first official declaration of taqiyah relative to the Khans from none other than Frank 'Grover Norquist is a Muslim sleeper agent' Gaffney

E: https://m.soundcloud.com/breitbart/breitbart-news-daily-frank-gaffney-august-3-2016

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 3, 2016

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

A little late, I know, but that silencer gives a whole new meaning to the term "dick extender"

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

robotsinmyhead posted:

That's a good enough question to nearly warrant its own thread. I was driving through Indy last weekend, specifically the Fishers/Carmel/Meridian Street area where it's all crazy expensive houses and the number of "FIRE MIKE PENCE" yard signs was significant. His education crackdown in the state bought him a lot of enemies, the Religious Freedom law was just icing on a giant poo poo cake.

He has a reasonable challenger this year, but this state has a gift for electing idiots, so I'm not holding my breath on a Democratic Governor.

From what I recall? Mitch Daniels was well liked as governor and carried a lot of good will in regards to him leaving office. A lot of Indiana natives voted for Pence strictly based on the fact that he was able to sell them on the fact that he was a fiscal conservative.

Also you're leaving out the best part. At the INDIANAPOLIS 500 there were billboards going into Speedway, and planes flying around with "FIRE PENCE".banners.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Printed. I'm 6'2" and his fingers reach my last knuckle.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Probably as you said. Trump is getting heat from all over, so they're trying to make Obama look bad in a desperate attempt to distract the voters from all this long enough to hopefully make Trump shut up for a while.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

FuzzySkinner posted:

From what I recall? Mitch Daniels was well liked as governor and carried a lot of good will in regards to him leaving office. A lot of Indiana natives voted for Pence strictly based on the fact that he was able to sell them on the fact that he was a fiscal conservative.

Also you're leaving out the best part. At the INDIANAPOLIS 500 there were billboards going into Speedway, and planes flying around with "FIRE PENCE".banners.

I wouldn't say Mitch Daniels was universally liked because of the fair amount of 'My bitch Mitch' and 'Pitch the Mitch' bumper stickers I saw driving between Bloomington and Indy at the time, but he's typical for an Indiana Republican. Despite the fact that Indiana leans red during most presidential elections, its Republicans are pro-business and slightly socially liberal and the Democrats are neo-blue dog Democrats - socially liberal in some respects but slightly pro-business and 2nd Amendment. Indiana Democrats like Evan Bayh and Joe Donnelly don't rock the boat too much and are much like Tim Kaine. Mitch Daniels may have balanced the budget and brought jobs to the state but eroding worker protections with a right-to-work law and being the first to pass a voter ID law is not endearing to me. Of the good things that he's done it's that he practices what he preaches and has made Purdue University more affordable by freezing tuition.

Pence on the other hand has been a garbage fire going down the 46th & Meridian hill ever since he was elected on the coat tails of Daniel's 2nd term.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Rick_Hunter posted:

I wouldn't say Mitch Daniels was universally liked because of the fair amount of 'My bitch Mitch' and 'Pitch the Mitch' bumper stickers I saw driving between Bloomington and Indy at the time, but he's typical for an Indiana Republican. Despite the fact that Indiana leans red during most presidential elections, its Republicans are pro-business and slightly socially liberal and the Democrats are neo-blue dog Democrats - socially liberal in some respects but slightly pro-business and 2nd Amendment. Indiana Democrats like Evan Bayh and Joe Donnelly don't rock the boat too much and are much like Tim Kaine. Mitch Daniels may have balanced the budget and brought jobs to the state but eroding worker protections with a right-to-work law and being the first to pass a voter ID law is not endearing to me. Of the good things that he's done it's that he practices what he preaches and has made Purdue University more affordable by freezing tuition.

Pence on the other hand has been a garbage fire going down the 46th & Meridian hill ever since he was elected on the coat tails of Daniel's 2nd term.

This sounds similar to Ohio Republicans.

This is why it's so puzzling for me to see how BAD most of the party has gotten. I used to never think the GOP was the party of idiots because the local GOP around here wasn't rambling on about immigrants, and thumping the bible like crazy. Hell, I'm VOTING for two republicans this year because they're actually good people and subscribe to what your typed above.

The Ted Cruz's of the world are not "republicans" in the traditional sense. They're "dixiecrats" with ayn rand's philosophy mixed in.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I'm 5'2" and I have hands that big

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

FuzzySkinner posted:

This sounds similar to Ohio Republicans.

This is why it's so puzzling for me to see how BAD most of the party has gotten. I used to never think the GOP was the party of idiots because the local GOP around here wasn't rambling on about immigrants, and thumping the bible like crazy. Hell, I'm VOTING for two republicans this year because they're actually good people and subscribe to what your typed above.

The Ted Cruz's of the world are not "republicans" in the traditional sense. They're "dixiecrats" with ayn rand's philosophy mixed in.

A good portion of midwestern republicans are basically those that were left behind after Nixon's ascendancy - Rockefeller republicans that no longer controlled the party. Former Indianapolis mayor Greg Ballard was never part of the crazy wing of Indiana republicans and I was actually surprised when he came out against the religious freedom law.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Nevvy Z posted:

I just used a ruler. I'm 5'10" and 8". :sad:

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Nevvy Z posted:

I'm also 6'2, and his fingers only reached my first knuckle.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Zipperelli. posted:

You must be very popular with the ladies

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Good Citizen posted:

You must be very popular with the ladies

:smuggo:

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Zipperelli. posted:

I'm 6'5" and only have an inch on Trump. :(

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

disjoe posted:

I'm 5'2" and I have hands that big

I'm a 5'8" woman. The length of my hand is the same but the fingers/palm are not as thick.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Trump has the best hands, very big hands. He has had only the finest for decades.

He does very well with the ladies, also.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Rick_Hunter posted:

A good portion of midwestern republicans are basically those that were left behind after Nixon's ascendancy - Rockefeller republicans that no longer controlled the party. Former Indianapolis mayor Greg Ballard was never part of the crazy wing of Indiana republicans and I was actually surprised when he came out against the religious freedom law.

Well for example...the governor of my state through more money at medicare/medicaid because we had a budget surplus. There was a couple of wingnuts that got pissed at him, and his response was logical
"We had the money to spend, and why not give it to people in need in our state?"

Same with his stance on gay rights, gay marriage, etc. GRANTED his stance on women's health could use some improvement...but yeah.

Which is why a lot of the "dixiecrat" wingnut republicans are not actually for being fiscally conservative. They'll throw millions of dollars towards corporate welfare, towards wars, towards everything else under the sun. When it comes to funding things like education, healthcare, etc? "Welp...uh....that would by proxy help people with a different skin color, so we can't afford it".

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Rick_Hunter posted:

I wouldn't say Mitch Daniels was universally liked because of the fair amount of 'My bitch Mitch' and 'Pitch the Mitch' bumper stickers I saw driving between Bloomington and Indy at the time, but he's typical for an Indiana Republican. Despite the fact that Indiana leans red during most presidential elections, its Republicans are pro-business and slightly socially liberal and the Democrats are neo-blue dog Democrats - socially liberal in some respects but slightly pro-business and 2nd Amendment.

Gee, I wonder why you saw anti-Daniels signs on the corridor between a college town and the capital. I also saw plenty of anti-Mitch stuff around Muncie, but it's not like it was really representative of the state as a whole.

I would also like to add a caveat to your "its Republicans are pro-business and slightly socially liberal." The Indiana GOP establishment and the rich GOP people who reside in Indianapolis are pro-business and generally don't care too much about the culture war. The rest of Indiana, like anywhere that's >15 minutes outside the very largest cities, is basically like Texas or Kansas. There's a lot of poor and very racist white people who feel aggrieved.

Mitch Daniels was popular with the Indianapolis donor class because of the pro-business stuff. He also paid lip service to the concerns of white voters in the rest of the state on the culture war. So yeah, Democrats and people attending any of the state's universities generally hated him. Everybody else thought he was pretty reasonable, and since he had support from donors and the state is mostly GOP he was generally well-liked.

Pence was the opposite. He wasn't just paying lip service to the culture warriors. He was committed to the cause, and was willing to support the stupid Indiana RFRA bill despite everyone in the donor class and all the largest employers telling him to can it. It also made Indiana look even more backward and small-minded than it is generally perceived to be in the national media, and that's something that Indianapolis donor class really didn't like. His stances on Planned Parenthood and needle exchange were also not popular among those same people. He also pissed off journalists real bad with his stupid attempt to create a state-run news service called JustIN.

In general, I think the Pence approval rating thing is a bit overblown. He won his primary and he probably would have won re-election since he's a Republican in a heavy heavy GOP state. It's just that the party establishment, rich people in Indianapolis, and journalists generally don't care for him, and those are the people who tend to get interviewed when he's named VP and journalists have to do "who's Mike Pence?" stories.

Rick_Hunter posted:

Yeah, a lot of the rich ones who live in big cities are Rockefeller Republicans. The non-rich ones who live in other places, though, generally fit in with Trump voters.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 3, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

ErIog posted:

I would also like to add a caveat to your "its Republicans are pro-business and slightly socially liberal." The Indiana GOP establishment and the rich GOP people who reside in Indianapolis are pro-business and generally don't care too much about the culture war. The rest of Indiana, like anywhere that's >15 minutes outside the very largest cities, is basically like Texas or Kansas. There's a lot of poor and very racist white people who feel aggrieved.

Focusing on this part because I was reminded what small town Indiana was every time I had to drive by Martinsville.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

quote:

Mitch Daniels

You left out the part where he tried to sell the toll road so that he could balance the budget, then had the state supreme court tell him "The gently caress is wrong with you? No you can't do that!"

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Keeshhound posted:

You left out the part where he tried to sell the toll road so that he could balance the budget, then had the state supreme court tell him "The gently caress is wrong with you? No you can't do that!"

I had forgotten about that. :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

I certainly wasn't expecting the new season of Suits to take this kind of turn!