Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Dante80 posted:

Update: Cloud Imperium's head of communications David Swofford got in touch to clarify a few points. As various readers have pointed out, the reason for the higher prices is because of VAT laws within the EU:

"Euro laws mandate that VAT is included in the price. If Phil had his monitor turned on to US$ currency, then it will show up just as he depicted in his screen capture (assuming he had UK listed as his country). In the US, you aren’t mandated to include sales tax in the selling price, but you can bet that when you get to check-out, that tax will be added (depending on the state where you are purchasing)."

In response to our comments that gift cards having VAT included on them meant that buyers were paying double VAT if they used the gift card - once for the gift card, then again on the items they purchased with the gift card - David explained CIG's fix:

"The system is engineered explicitly so that you don’t pay double tax. If you apply store credit to an item in your shopping cart, we decrease the base price of the package by that amount.

"If I buy a $100 gift card and my country is in the EU then I will be charged VAT. It is the law that we must display all prices inclusive of VAT.

"If I go back to the storefront and my country is in the EU I will see ships with VAT values displayed (as per the law). If I put a $100 ship in my cart (which is displayed as $120 inclusive of VAT), then go to checkout and apply $100 in store credit from my gift card, then you are done, you don’t owe anything. If you put $50 in store credit then you’d owe $50+$10 in this example, and so forth.

"In short, we don’t double charge VAT. And you’re not going to be taxed on anything but new money."

If anything this just shows CIGs talents at finding the absolute most rear end backwards solution to a solved problem.

Hamburger Test fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Matlock Birthmark posted:

The Extra's section in their store is just filled with delightful scummy stuff. That's where they are still selling the Manual of setting up and modding a Star Citizen private server

Interesting that they specifically note it's a pre-order. Do they actually charge you for it right away or just take your billing info like they're supposed to on a pre-order?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Raskolnikov posted:

Birthmarks can be removed and noticeable scarring is almost non existent.

QFT. And extremely likely, given both her narcissistic nature and Hollywood perfectionism.

Dude, it's her.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

It's all in Derek's July blog. Come on guys, you all know this by now :rolleyes:

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf

The Extra's section in their store is just filled with delightful scummy stuff. That's where they are still selling the Manual of setting up and modding a Star Citizen private server

The gently caress is in it? Blank pages?

Pointy
Feb 12, 2003

hello old friend

D1E posted:

QFT. And extremely likely, given both her narcissistic nature and Hollywood perfectionism.

Dude, it's her.

I can't believe people are still doubting this, it's like autism causes people not to be able to recognize faces or something

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I didn't even know you could get those things removed. Do they just laser them or something?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Pointy posted:

I can't believe people are still doubting this, it's like autism causes people not to be able to recognize faces or something

To be honest it's kind of creepy, but I'm still glad of it.

thatguy posted:

I didn't even know you could get those things removed. Do they just laser them or something?

Aaaaand here I contribute to it: they're probably moles and you can get moles removed. Talk to your dermatologist if you have one that looks funky. Or if it's ticklish.

e: or if you have recently received millions of dollars in ill-gotten gains and can spend all sorts of money on your appearance, you shallow oval office

e2: I am cognizant of some degree of hypocrisy at this point

Propagandist fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Aug 3, 2016

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

phosdex posted:

Interesting that they specifically note it's a pre-order. Do they actually charge you for it right away or just take your billing info like they're supposed to on a pre-order?

This would be less scummy, and I have no idea. I know with my brand new fake RSI account, if I add the item to my cart it will not let me complete without payment information. Now they might not bill it immediately, but for obvious reasons I do not want to test that.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I don't have any but I don't mind them on other people if they're not like big and gross and hairy and poo poo. Most of my mole related knowledge comes from Austin Powers.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

thatguy posted:

Laser or scalpel. It's fairly common to have moles or birthmarks removed and tested for preventative reasons, especially if you have a history of melanoma.

But you can have it removed just for cosmetic reasons too, it's not expensive.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Sandi? Successfully get rid of moles?

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

peter gabriel posted:

:perfect:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

TBH, it's probably just makeup and concealer hiding the moley evidence. Also a ton of that cosmetic polyfiller poo poo old ladies trowel into their wrinkly faces so they can pretend they're sub 40.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

I was just about to make this joke.

Curse you.
:argh:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Nicholas posted:

But you can have it removed just for cosmetic reasons too, it's not expensive.

It's also an in and out surgery. Cosmetic surgeons do that procedure on a conveyor belt system.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

peter gabriel posted:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

If it wasn't Sandi, why would every CIG-powered streamer, reddit and their offical forum insta-ban the word "tickle" (and manual-ban anything close to it, like "sickle", "pickle" etc.)? Yesterday, WTFOSaurus and that pirate guy were constantly checking every single thing in chat in case the insta-ban didn't work. They didn't even really try to play the game, but basically played "banhammer 40k" regarding the word tickle and all of it's variations.

Seriously, if it truly would not be her, why would they even react, and in such an extreme manner? They are banning people left and right that say "tickle" to an extent that even the shitizens themselves in the chats don't understand what's going on. Some pages back, someone posted that they even banned Huxley because he/she wrote a post with "tickle" in it.

With their actions, they basically say "yep, that's her, you doubters. PS: your banned".

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

This would be less scummy, and I have no idea. I know with my brand new fake RSI account, if I add the item to my cart it will not let me complete without payment information. Now they might not bill it immediately, but for obvious reasons I do not want to test that.

Which thread do you think you're in?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

peter gabriel posted:

I wonder how much backer money was spent getting rid of moles... :ohdear:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
...and there's our word of the day for today folks - Moles

(User was banned for this post)

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

thatguy posted:

I was just about to make this joke.

Curse you.
:argh:

As was I. I was gonna go for..

"If Sandi could get rid of moles she wouldn't be in this mess"

That's what I get for playing games on my phone instead of :justpost:ing

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

peter gabriel posted:

:thurman:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

DOMDOM posted:

uhhh how do you think he met her to begin with??

She's a trophy wife who married to advance her "career"

Does a tickle fetish star count as a trophy wife? That's maybe a participation award or consolation prize, at best.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You've got to wake up pretty early to beat me to posting a bad joke

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

alphabettitouretti posted:

Does a tickle fetish star count as a trophy wife? That's maybe a participation award or consolation prize, at best.
It does to a failed used car salesman with a bad haircut.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

peter gabriel posted:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

tooterfish posted:

It does to a failed used car salesman with a bad haircut.

yeah good point. Thumb man scored big.

May 14, 2003

BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY BIRTHDAY FRUITCAKE!
Is tickle-chat still a thing?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0842258/?ref_=tt_cl_t2 Her co-star in that movie Derek Smart linked to was in a movie called "Tickle Party: Volume 2 (Video) (as Dita)"

:tinfoil:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

alphabettitouretti posted:

It's a tale as old as Hollywood: girl comes to town to make it big, has to do some skeevy things to pay the bills, gets found and rescued by a wanna-be big shot Hollywood producer. (And still somehow ends up doing skeevy things to pay the bills, but at least now the bills are a lot bigger and the skeevy things are focused on exploiting other people, which is...not better, I guess, but probably more comfortable.)

It's arguably more romantic than the couples who met on prison work-release, or in STD clinics, or shooting rats down at the local dump. And honestly, having been part of the business of selling a very specific and curiously anodyne fantasy to a small niche of obsessive weirdos is almost like having actual marketing experience when it comes to the way they're selling Star Citizen; the only difference is that the tickle fetishists actually get a tickle fetish video in exchange for their money. I dunno, maybe Star Citizens look down on tickle fetishists for being so gauche as to pay for an actual product instead of just giving their money away and getting to imagine how great the product they're not getting will be.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Please don't rat hunt shame. Theres not a lot to do around here sometimes.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

derek it's been almost 24 hours since your tweets release the goods

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Justin Tyme posted:

derek it's been almost 24 hours since your tweets release the goods

Technically his tweet didn't promise anything. It just said today wouldn't be a good day to be on the Internet if you were upset by the tickling video. And it's true -- for one of such delicate sensibilities, no day is a good day to be on the Internet, including today in particular.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

boviscopophobic posted:

Technically his tweet didn't promise anything. It just said today wouldn't be a good day to be on the Internet if you were upset by the tickling video. And it's true -- for one of such delicate sensibilities, no day is a good day to be on the Internet, including today in particular.

Next you're going to say he didn't even start development on the tweet until 2017.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

tuo posted:

Seriously, if it truly would not be her, why would they even react, and in such an extreme manner? They are banning people left and right that say "tickle" to an extent that even the shitizens themselves in the chats don't understand what's going on. Some pages back, someone posted that they even banned Huxley because he/she wrote a post with "tickle" in it.
I was inconsolable with laughter when I read this earlier. Their shining defender of hope just swatted aside in a huge blundering wave of stupidity. It's just too drat good :newlol:

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

SurfaceDetail posted:

Please don't rat hunt shame. Theres not a lot to do around here sometimes.

Man that's what I'm saying we can't all be sophisticated globetrotting nutritionist CIA special education legal aides like moma

or master ticklers

or or

visionary scam artists

some of us are just normal folks you know :smith:

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Spatial posted:

I was inconsolable with laughter when I read this earlier. Their shining defender of hope just swatted aside in a huge blundering wave of stupidity. It's just too drat good :newlol:

She gets a few days off now and then because her particular brand of bullshit is abrasive even to that hugbox

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
There's two kinds of people in this world: ticklers, and ticklees.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wafflz posted:

Next you're going to say he didn't even start development on the tweet until 2017.

Oh shut up you content locust. I don't mind waiting for his tweet because I knew what I was getting involved in—sure, it might be delayed somewhat, but that's nothing concerning or, frankly, surprising. What matters is we're getting a much better tweet in the end, so i for one am happy with waiting until it's done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Trilobite posted:

It's a tale as old as Hollywood: girl comes to town to make it big, has to do some skeevy things to pay the bills, gets found and rescued by a wanna-be big shot Hollywood producer. (And still somehow ends up doing skeevy things to pay the bills, but at least now the bills are a lot bigger and the skeevy things are focused on exploiting other people, which is...not better, I guess, but probably more comfortable.)

It's arguably more romantic than the couples who met on prison work-release, or in STD clinics, or shooting rats down at the local dump. And honestly, having been part of the business of selling a very specific and curiously anodyne fantasy to a small niche of obsessive weirdos is almost like having actual marketing experience when it comes to the way they're selling Star Citizen; the only difference is that the tickle fetishists actually get a tickle fetish video in exchange for their money. I dunno, maybe Star Citizens look down on tickle fetishists for being so gauche as to pay for an actual product instead of just giving their money away and getting to imagine how great the product they're not getting will be.

Star Citizen: Selling a very specific and curiously anodyne fantasy to a small niche of obsessive weirdos

Not quite up there with "your mother is a stretch goal", but pretty good.

• Locked thread