Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Anyone eager to mock my mock drafting while showing off BeerSheets should go here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Only in 1 redraft league this year (plus the two goon dynasty leagues), kind of tempted to add another redraft.

What would the goon interest be in a 12-team half-ppr superflex and return-yard deep-bench auction league with no kickers and no defenses and a FAAB budget?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Chris Harris is an obnoxious fart eater but he watches so much tape I need to listen to get that info.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Forever_Peace posted:

Only in 1 redraft league this year (plus the two goon dynasty leagues), kind of tempted to add another redraft.

What would the goon interest be in a 12-team half-ppr superflex and return-yard deep-bench auction league with no kickers and no defenses and a FAAB budget?

I'm in too many leagues already but this sounds really fun. Put me in as a 'maybe.'

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm in too many leagues but put me down as a yes.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I was in 4 last year, but 2 were just bullshit leagues to try out different sites/formats. I have my main money league with friends and I'm hoping the IDP FRENZY happens again and that I get a slot.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Forever_Peace posted:

I'll get in on this.

Spoeank posted:

Chris Harris is an obnoxious fart eater but he watches so much tape I need to listen to get that info.

Last year someone(you?) suggested listening to him at 1.5x speed, but somehow that made it even worse. I listen to an episode here or there when some big news has broken but even then it's tough to get through a full episode. I do check his ranks as a decent contrarian/anti-conventional wisdom option pretty regularly.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm having an issues with keepers. In my league you MUST keep 3 players and there is no benefit to keeping less. The last few years my selections have been pretty easy but with Megatron and Lynch retiring this year I'm in a bind. Here is my team in all it's lovely glory:

Jameis Winston
Giovani Bernard
Jamaal Charles
Danny Amendola
Odell Beckham Jr
Greg Olsen
Steelers
Blair Walsh

Bench:
Ryan Tannehill
LaGarrette Blount
Time Hightower
Alfred Morris
James Starks

I don't think anyone on my bench is worth keeping and I've decided that my best bet is obviously Charles and OBJ. The big problem lies in keeper #3. Greg Olsen is the #3 tight end so thats appealing to me and Jameis Winston is ranked fairly well, but I think there would be better QBs out there. To me it seems like Olsen, Beckham and Charles are the way to go, any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Olsen/Odell/Jamaal is your only choice.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

89 posted:

Olsen/Odell/Jamaal is your only choice.

Thats what I figured thanks!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Veritek83 posted:

I'll get in on this.

Last year someone(you?) suggested listening to him at 1.5x speed, but somehow that made it even worse. I listen to an episode here or there when some big news has broken but even then it's tough to get through a full episode. I do check his ranks as a decent contrarian/anti-conventional wisdom option pretty regularly.

That was me. It gets past the cringe worthy stuff but not "that's a lazy crutch argument which I'm going to say in a way that puts down the argument... but I am physically incapable of recognizing my crutch arguments!"

What prompted that post was he went on a short diatribe about how crutch arguments are just someone flailing to justify a position they can't justify. Then he said Devonta Freeman is too short.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
With no penalty for keeping I generally recommend going by rank or ADP.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Thwomp posted:

In my keeper league, I've got 1 remaining decision (or non-decision) to make. I could keep Roethlisberger for a 7th rounder or Palmer for a 10th rounder (or keep neither).

Ben's price seems a little high given the depth at QB and his injury history is worrisome.

Palmer was a huge value last year but it seems unlikely he'll continue to put up those numbers at his age. However, a 10th rounder for his possible value and, at minimum, backup potential seems worthwhile.

Am I crazy for passing on Roethlisberger?

Gonna quote myself since I didn't get any responses.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Nope, I don't think you're crazy. I think Palmer in the 10th is a better option. Even if Palmer doesn't repeat, I don't like the 7th for Roethlisberger given the Bryant suspension, Bell's suspension and his injury history. Seems to me like the Steelers are an AB84 injury away from being a pretty pedestrian offense. Arizona seems way more robust to me and assuming this isn't some crazy deep league, you should be able to find a pretty adequate backup to Palmer on the wire.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Paging Mr. Beer4theBeerGod, question for you RE: Beersheets and apologies if this has already been explained elsewhere.

I'm looking at a standard 12 team sheet and wondering how come the X/Y/P column for QBs is set to 0.5/1/P? Is that just a product of only being able to start 1 QB, making QB2 numbers irrelevant? Does that mean that the X column would have been weeks where they performed as QB1-6? And lastly, do the number of weeks in the X column exclude number of weeks in the Y column i.e. if a player has 3/6/15 in that column, those three QB0.5 weeks aren't included as part of the 6 QB1 weeks?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Is there a way on yahoo to change the waiver type after the draft? We were going to switch to FAAB, but the commish didn't try until after the draft and now it won't let him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mikey Purp posted:

Paging Mr. Beer4theBeerGod, question for you RE: Beersheets and apologies if this has already been explained elsewhere.

I'm looking at a standard 12 team sheet and wondering how come the X/Y/P column for QBs is set to 0.5/1/P? Is that just a product of only being able to start 1 QB, making QB2 numbers irrelevant? Does that mean that the X column would have been weeks where they performed as QB1-6? And lastly, do the number of weeks in the X column exclude number of weeks in the Y column i.e. if a player has 3/6/15 in that column, those three QB0.5 weeks aren't included as part of the 6 QB1 weeks?

Yeah, because you only need one QB there's no point in knowing how often someone put up QB2 numbers. So the X column would be when they were a top 6 quarterback. Numbers in the Y column include the X column weeks since a player who is a top 6 quarterback is also a top 12 QB.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Am I in the only league in the world that scores 5 points for a QB passing TD?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

dxt posted:

Is there a way on yahoo to change the waiver type after the draft? We were going to switch to FAAB, but the commish didn't try until after the draft and now it won't let him.

"" posted:

From your league's homepage:

Click Commissioner.
Click Edit League Settings.
Next to "Waiver Rule," select one of the options listed in the Waiver types table below.
Click Submit.

Doesn't say anything about not being able to do it post-draft or not.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Sky is blue.

Water is wet.

Cecil Lammey is gushing about Cody Latimer during the off-season.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Lincoln posted:

Am I in the only league in the world that scores 5 points for a QB passing TD?

It's pretty rare.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

For others playing w/ keepers, do you allow trading of draft picks? If you do, what rules or limitations are placed on that? Is any pick eligible, or are some off limits? Are trades only allowed at certain times or is it fair game during all of preseason? How about trading before/during the draft?

We didn't really hammer out the bylaws on pick trading last season and it's something I want to get squared away before things for this year really pick up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

There's no loving way.

No loving way.

That offense will barely support Sanders and Thomas. Thomas gonna be legit this year. His ADP is screwy because his TDs were way off last year and he had high profile drops. He had way better numbers than anyone would guess at.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

idk about you guys but I'm not gonna draft a receiver that Mark Sanchez is throwing to

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Tim Tebow couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez for a job and Thomas was still a productive WR with him under center. Thomas is p good

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Varg posted:

idk about you guys but I'm not gonna draft a receiver that Mark Sanchez is throwing to

Pretty much. I'm not touching Denver at all this year.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Varg posted:

Sanchez in 2014 wasn't bad with Chip Kelly. He only started 8 games but if you average his points over the entire season he would have been a top 12 QB.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

A top ten WR by talent with an offense that funnels targets to the #1 WR? In the 3rd round? (#32 overall by FantasyPros ADP).

No thanks. His quarterback ran into a butt.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
You could go zero RB and conceivably get Thomas as your WR3 and you'd be a loving moron not to

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Spoeank posted:

A top ten WR by talent with an offense that funnels targets to the #1 WR? In the 3rd round? (#32 overall by FantasyPros ADP).

No thanks. His quarterback ran into a butt.

God I missed the fantasy threads.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
#1Wrs with terrible qbs are usually fantasy gold. See Hopkins 2015, Gordon 2013, megatron his entire career, ect.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Calling Sanchez a bad QB is being quite generous and there's a RB whisperer of a coach in charge to boot.

DT will be fine but unless I see value I'm not touching him.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

LmaoTheKid posted:

Calling Sanchez a bad QB is being quite generous and there's a RB whisperer of a coach in charge to boot.

DT will be fine but unless I see value I'm not touching him.

No idea how much it'll change or whether this is the best source for adp, but DT as WR#17 and overall #27 feels like pretty good value.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The only concern I have with Thomas is sanders becoming the go to option

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RVProfootballer posted:

No idea how much it'll change or whether this is the best source for adp, but DT as WR#17 and overall #27 feels like pretty good value.

Admittedly I'm just getting back into the swing of things for this season but yeah, that's drat good value.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With my keeper league draft coming up in a few weeks, i am having to put in my 2 picks for keepers for this year. I've asked a couple times before but as we all know these decisions change often.

Figured i'd ask now and maybe again right before the draft and compare notes.

QB/WR/WR//RB/RB/TE/WRT 1 PPR 6 PT passing TD

These are who i can keep and what pick they would be as my leagues draft order is set by last years standings.

5.08 Todd Gurley
8.05 Cam Newton
10.05 Thomas Rawls
10.05 Jordy Nelson
10.05 Josh Gordon lol
11.08 DeVante Parker

At the moment i am thinking i take Gurley and Rawls and go WR heavy early, but Jordy Nelson in the 10th is great value and Rawls i'm not even sure what's going on with him but he should still be good right?

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 3, 2016

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

If you get 7 point QB TDs, Cam in the 8th with Kelvin back could be nice as hell.

But yeah, keeping those two RBs is the right move.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

If you get 7 point QB TDs, Cam in the 8th with Kelvin back could be nice as hell.

But yeah, keeping those two RBs is the right move.

Yea meant to include it, it's 6 pt passing TD.

This league usually has a sucker or 2 that hilariously overdrafts QB's. We've had Andrew Luck go in the first round the last 2 years. I'm thinking i should let Cam Newton get drafted by someone in the 2nd. hah

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Still plenty of room in the charity league. Come on spergs, it's a ton of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:eek::siren: ZEKE IS HURT :siren::eek:

• Locked thread