Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

Revvik posted:

a coworker getting her gas tank sugar'd.

That's messed up :/. The worst I have to complain about are people passing on the right in an 8 lane freeway for no reason and assholes merging across 4 lanes of traffic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Revvik posted:

Yeah, unfortunately. They even get cutesy little almost police uniforms and badges to patrol the lots in. Yet despite them and the cameras, I don't see a whole lot of action being done when it comes to the infrequent car break-ins, or with a coworker getting her gas tank sugar'd.

They're probably the ones doing that poo poo.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
The Harley parts network can just gently caress right off.

I need new hardware for my brake rotor, there isn't a single dealer that I've found with a complete set in. Everything is 2 weeks out. They don't seem to make a kit either. Who is gonna buy one piece at a time? It all has to be replaced at once.

I was happy to overpay American Sport Bike because they had poo poo in stock.

Close to ordering AMERICAN motorcycle parts from a shop in HOLLAND.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Maybe you should rethink owning motorcycles equipped with Erik's Marvelous Inside-Out Braking Contraption.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Disaster Averted. Lance at St. Paul H-D sent me a quote with everything in stock for like 30% off list.

Thanks, Lance. Thance.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Well fedex somehow destroyed my tires but yay for Revzilla CS - took a 3 minute phone call to them to point out the package had been damaged and I got the order confirmation for the new set of tires 10 minutes after the call. Sucks that I'll be riding the 1290 with a backpack rather than my old man top box rig for the next 3 days but there's worse fates.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That's weird, I just got a Revzilla box today and it looks like someone dropped a 100lb brick on it. I'd love to know how tires manage to get destroyed in the mail, though.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

My favorite part of riding in the rain is people who treat you like you're some kind of insane evil kenieval daredevil for even attempting such a feat. That said, I have rain-proof Italian-made boots, glooves, and pants, what did I take with me on my 300 mile ride to Upstate NY when I knew it was going to rain on the way back? A $20 frog-toggs jacket, and nothing else. I got black hands, a split, ancient summer glove, and a penis that retracted so far into my body that it looked like I had been un-circumcised as a reward. I'm dumb.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Yeah, rain riding. My new-to-me 'liter bike,' running a ton of errands during a MI downpour.
I've never had an issue with rain riding on this or my Sportster, but I constantly get "nice knowing ya" from coworkers, friends, & family.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I've only ever had one person comment on me riding in the rain and it was some middle aged lady telling me I "ride like I stole it, even in the rain!"

I personally love riding in the rain as long as it's not bad enough I can't see out my visor and wiping it off is useless.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I really hate when it does that halfass mist-but-not-quite-rain poo poo where it's just causing everything to get damp and my visor to fog up, but not enough moisture to cause the water to form big drops and roll off.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yeah, in San Francisco we call that May through September :(

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Luckily most reasonable people avoid San Francisco cause it's full of homos and rapists.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I rode to the Baltimore goonmeet expecting to ride back in the rain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9ERTK8d4hA

Bike was totaled. RIP.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Goonmeet: not even once.

Sorry about your bike dude :(

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I couldn't tell from the story in the LAN thread if your bike was actually damaged or not. Sucks man :( You have insurance?

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

hot sauce posted:

I couldn't tell from the story in the LAN thread if your bike was actually damaged or not. Sucks man :( You have insurance?

Yeah it was completely submerged for about an hour. I have full coverage with a $75 deductible. Hopefully they give me enough for a new bike.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

nsaP posted:

Luckily most reasonable people avoid San Francisco cause it's full of homos and rapists.

Sarcasm or not, this is a lovely thing to say.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Which is ironic; I avoid it because of the piles of human feces on the sidewalks.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

pokie posted:

Sarcasm or not, this is a lovely thing to say.

What a lovely toxic creepy MRA PUA thing to say, let's throw all the buzzwords at it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

clutchpuck posted:

Which is ironic; I avoid it because of the piles of human feces on the sidewalks.

Putting nsaP on ignore is another good way to avoid human feces.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

nsaP posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yall some snitches

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
fuckin reddit up in this poo poo

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
In the ranting echo chamber too of all places.

Nice one, really

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

pretend I posted that gif of Seinfeld throwing his hands up like "nope, nope" and getting up and leaving the theater

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

hot sauce posted:

yall some snitches

I got probated for saying something similar about him a while ago. Seems fair that he got his. :shrug:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
rip nsap I would have said techbros but I guess that would have just been redundant

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Is this some GBS edgelord poo poo or is homophobia actually cool with a lot of people in here? Deciphering sarcasm on this forum has become like the loving davinci code.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Slavvy posted:

Is this some GBS edgelord poo poo or is homophobia actually cool with a lot of people in here? Deciphering sarcasm on this forum has become like the loving davinci code.

I'm not offended by words on the internet, and think anyone who is needs help

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm not offended by words on the internet, and think anyone who is needs help

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm not offended by words on the internet, but it does lower my opinion of the poster.

Better.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Slavvy posted:

A lot of people think intent matters.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Slavvy posted:

Not edgelord poo poo, it's just kind of lame to get upset about it enough to address it imo

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Yeah man casual sexism and homophobia is just like totally chill and folks that get mad about it? Totes lame. Bet everyone makes fun of them.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
nsap is a total bitch and everyone should post all their wrongest opinions as often as they can over the next week

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Slavvy posted:

I've learned that it's inappropriate to make casual reference to gender on these forums

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hot sauce posted:

Not edgelord poo poo, it's just kind of lame to get upset about it enough to address it imo

It's not lame, not addressing it is how your forum goes from "good" to "YouTube comments section" levels of quality.

I for one would love to see more casual homophobia and racism in my online communities!! :allears:

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
We wear leather and have big vibrators between our legs. We're all homos.

Now it's settled.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

clutchpuck posted:

I've learned that it's inappropriate to make casual reference to gender on these forums

It's inappropriate to casually refer to gay people as "homos", yes.

Maybe it's still an acceptable word in Kentucky, where I think nsaP is from.

hot sauce posted:

http://lardcave.net/text/the_racist_tree.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
No worries brush it's already settled