Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Moridin920 posted:

like my gf sells topless photos online for $ and I don't give a poo poo whatsoever

esp not when they buy her stuff off her wishlist and I have a brand new games console

Lmao you post with such frequency that I'm starting to understand your mental illness. Here lies the loneliest man in GBS.

Also can you link me to your girlfriends Web cam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

darkhand posted:

You should look up findom (financial domination) where they basically pay to a be A Nice Guy to a girl.

It seems pretty far removed from carnality, is so weird.

Legitimately good idea, you'll be able to roll around in insane amounts of other people's cash

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blacktoll posted:

Lmao you post with such frequency that I'm starting to understand your mental illness. Here lies the loneliest man in GBS.

you should scope the most frequent posting hours friend, they're 95% from regular business hours :ssh:

Blacktoll posted:

Also can you link me to your girlfriends Web cam?

nah haha what am I retarded?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Sentient Data posted:

Legitimately good idea, you'll be able to roll around in insane amounts of other people's cash

Yeah, but it's kind of fallen apart lately because so many girls hopped into it for the promise easy money without really getting the psychology behind how it gets the clients off. Lots of unhappy customers out there who've given up on the whole scene.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

darkhand posted:

You should look up findom (financial domination) where they basically pay to a be A Nice Guy to a girl.

It seems pretty far removed from carnality, is so weird.
woke twitter has decided that findom is the ultimate feminist cause and it's simultaneously bizarre and hilarious

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

More Reddit tales please.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

woke twitter has decided that findom is the ultimate feminist cause and it's simultaneously bizarre and hilarious

ugh

S&M is cool and if findom is your bag then fine but why do people have to politicize goddamn loving everything

quote:

Brilliant, I thought, Give your money to women as a way of balancing out gender-based income inequality. But the idea behind the hashtag was even better than that: Women were banding together to demand payment for all the emotional work we do that goes completely unpaid—the exhausting work of being a tolerant, gentle, nurturing, listening woman in our relationships with men, at all times. Women put up with a lot of bullshit, and we have a science-backed term for it: Emotional labor. And as with any kind of labor, women are now ready and eager to get paid.

uggghhh no you stupid bitch that's not even right lol it's supposed to be the findom calling you a shitbag loser cvck not just paying her for the GF experience over the phone. that's not findom.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

zakharov posted:

In my first few months of dating my now-fiancee, we disagreed on whether it was ok for her platonic male friend to share a bed with her when he was staying in town. She didn't see why I might not be thrilled with this.

Her mom actually set her straight on it lol

welcome your future mother in law to the pete and dantheon

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Does your work helping victims of domestic violence tie into the idea of #GiveWomenYourMoney at all?

The hashtag came out of a lot of things. As a prison abolitionist, and as someone who is thinking of alternatives to justice for power- and gender-based violence, monetary compensation has been something that I thought of as a really good alternative. What is an alternative? Making people financially responsible to you, making your abusers financially responsible to you. [The hashtag] came out of my own praxis for justice in regards to that. It also came out of just thinking about what women have to do all day every day, whether that's in marriages or relationships or work environments—anything really. The type of labor that we are expected and required to do all the time.

ugggghhhhhhhhhhhh yeah dummy being dependent on johns for income isn't making men be financially responsible to you jesus loving christ these people. and it's not just 'lol gimme money' you still have to provide a service dummy.

where is the left where is the left where is the left gone in this goddamn lunatic reality

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Of course they did.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bourgie filth

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Me [19 F] with my not quite long distance boyfriend [19 M]-- ended things with him bc he didn't understand sexism, but regretting it

quote:

Hi all, for some context: my (19F) long distance (not quite) boyfriend (19M) and I had been seeing each other for around 4 months. When we finally reunite in the fall we were going to start dating. I like him a lot.

He brought up a story about his friend's hook-up, and the way he described it made me uncomfortable. We argued about the sexist language he and his friends used to describe hook-ups, like "close on" or "finish".

The argument went on and he admitted that he didn't really care about the topic. I, as a woman, was apalled-- I explained to him that his lack of caring was to me a sign of disrespect and a lack of caring for the women in his life, like his friends and family. I continued to try to explain to him why I found the language and its objectification of women uncomfortable but he responded with more questions, more disagreements.

I welcome questions and I'm all for disagreeing but I just wanted him to see why it was so important. I even said it pretty directly to him, but he didn't get it.

I confided in two friends, male and female, who were pretty disturbed by him and insisted that I end things with him for my own good-- so I did. A rash decision, but it felt like now or never to me.

Now I've known he's not the sharpest tool in the box when it comes to anything that's not math, so I was hoping that all the stuff he was saying we due to the fact that all of what I was saying was completely new to him, or that he was confounded by it, but my friends insisted otherwise, and I too felt pretty awful when I read what he was saying. I wanted to respond to his questions and disagreements but stopped myself, and decided to end things with him right then and there at my friends' urging. He responded with "If that's what you want, so be it."

All I wished was that he cared, or even believed in me, but he didn't. Or was unaware. I don't know. The latter sounds much better to me than the former. This decision was rash and I really like him but I couldn't stomach being with someone who refused to understand/who was okay with subtle sexism (sexism is sexism, no matter how subtle.) I decided I had enough self-respect not to be with someone like that. But at the same time I think of how just maybe he just didn't get it.

Anyway, I guess I just need some advice, some words, someone to help me sort out these feelings and figure out if what I did was right or wrong. Thanks very much, all.

tldr; ended thing with my guy because he said he was okay with subtle sexism. but second guessing my decision on the basis he might just be a little slow and needed more help understanding...

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Aug 3, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

My [16M] Dad fired me and gave my job to my new step sisters [16F] despite the fact I do everything at his place of business. I have never felt more betrayed in my life

Hi first let me thank you for taking the time to read. I am to pissed off to sleep, it literally makes no sense. I have used Reddit a handful of times, I am not a consistent user. I use it like once every handful of months. So fair warning if I screw up somewhere in this post.

So I am gaining three step sisters. Alice [16F] , Wendy [16F], and Charlotte [14F]. My dad has been dating this woman for a while and she moved in with us I want to say three weeks ago. They are going to be starting at my school in the fall.

Today I was serving some customers and my dad called me into the back and these were his exact words
Dad: Listen Buddy, I am going to have to let you go. You have done a lot for me and I appreciate that. But I am taking on new people and I only have a certain number of positions open.I am going to have to ask you to leave

All of his other employees are loving lazy, all they do is drink and eat all day and I am the one that does everything. Let me just list some of the things I do.
I serve the customers and I am always the one to meet them at the front door and show them to their table.

I carry and organise everything from the truck when the delivery arrives.

My dad office is a mess half the time and I clean and organise the office.

I clean off the tables and I always clean up before I lock up for the day.

Basically my dad made me leave out the back to avoid a possible scene. His last words to me were " Now you have more time for your girlfriend son"
I went back to my moms place and I went right to my room. I just checked Facebook and my step mom had made a post. It was a picture of my twin step sisters They were wearing the uniform for the place I use to work.

She was going on about how proud she is of her daughters. I am in shock, why the hell would he fire me and then hire two girls who are not even his real children. Despite the fact that I do everything for him and this is how he repays me. He fires me and then hires my step sisters.
What do I do about this? Is there anything I can do?

tl;dr: Dad fired me and hired my step sisters.

lol jesus I feel bad for that kid that's some next level dicking

Also lol that goddamn restaurant is going to fail within 2 years I can already tell.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Jack Trades posted:

Me [19 F] with my not quite long distance boyfriend [19 M]-- ended things with him bc he didn't understand sexism, but regretting it

I hope that guy sends her a thank you note for pushing him out of the way of the giant bullet.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Mordin's defense of his literal cam whore girlfriend has been pretty great. I never realize I'm such a prude for not wanting my girlfriend to sell her body for sex.

Content: This one is a little long, mainly worth it just for the title.

quote:

Boyfriend (25m) wants to sleep around before fully committing to me, am I (23f) an idiot for believing him? Infidelity
submitted 3 hours ago by brokenupandunsure
This may get a bit long, but I'll try to be concise.
Background:
My boyfriend has only had 2 girlfriends before me, the first girl was when he was very young and says she's the only person he's ever fallen in love with. He makes a clear distinction between being in love and loving someone. She broke his heart, her parents didn't approve of the relationship because of his race and that was the end. He immediately got involved with another girl. Her parents also disapproved of him, and according to him she treated him badly. She wouldn't ever say anything nice, would chip away at his confidence and the one positive thing about the relationship was sex. He says he became very cold and detached because of it, they were on and off until about 2 years ago, when they finally broke up. She would initiate all breakups. So basically he was in a committed relationship since his early teens up until 2 years ago.
He slept around a lot then, and had some fun. When he met me (about a year ago in July, we met online) he said he wasn't looking for anything serious, and neither was I. We dated for about 3 months casually, he was seeing someone else, I wasn't. And then in October he asked me to be his girlfriend and we've been together ever since.
The relationship has been good for the most part. We've had some disagreements, mostly about my mental health and insecurities. He has said some very hurtful things to me, at my probing. Like, he's never been with someone who wasn't fit (I'm not), and encourages me to lose weight saying things like, "by the time we're engaged I'd like you to have a great body" which make it seem like it won't happen before I do. He also told me he wasn't in love with me, though he claims to love me. We argue because he's blunt and I get hurt easily, because I'm emotional, and because our personalities seem to clash at times. He also flirts a lot, and it makes me very insecure.
But I love him and we've worked through everything. I started losing weight for me, I've been trying for long but my eating disorder made it hard. I've found a way to enjoy the process and not relapse and I'm much happier with myself. In a way he pushes me to do things I wouldn't have had the guts to, and most of the time it's great.
Now:
Around March this year, his mom kicked him out of their house. He was bouncing around in friends houses and broke up with me. He said he needed time to find himself and fix his situation so he could be a better boyfriend to me. We missed each other a lot and this didn't last long. We got back together.
Since then, we've had some up and downs due to my worsening depression, and this time I asked him for space so I could work on myself and my mental health. But again, we had no self control and continued dating and seeing each other.
I recently went on a trip overseas, and while I was away he started talking about having multiple wives and similar things. Then said that he feels like he's never really had time to be single, that he's always been in a relationship, committed to one person and feels like he missed out on the partying and flirting and meaningless pursuits. Be said he feels like a selfish person for wanting to see other people and be single and still wanting me in his future.
Basically he's asking for time again. He broke up with me and said he didn't expect me to wait for him, that I could do whatever I needed to and that he'd be back when he was done. He said he feels like this is a roadblock to our relationship and the reason he hasn't fallen in love with me. He believes he needs to get over these feelings and be able to miss me and see what it's like to lose me so he never takes me for granted again. He says he realizes I may not want him after this, but that he really feels it's necessary. That while with me his mind would drift to being with other women, and this was due to not being in love with me. He says he wants to marry me and can't picture his life without me.
I don't know reddit, I've known he's emotionally stunted and hosed up since I met him, but I can't help but feel like this is a ploy to sleep with other people while keeping me on the back burner. He still calls and texts everyday, and tells me he loves me and misses me. I told him I wasn't ok with him coming back to me after sleeping with other women and he says that's not the point of this ordeal. He doesn't flat out tell me he won't do it, but he implies it. He says that when he comes back that will be it, that if I take him back I'm it for him. I don't believe him and this is what he said the last time.
What do you guys think? Am I being stupid for sort of believing him?
Tl;Dr my boyfriend wants time to experience the single life and miss me before fully committing, am I stupid for waiting?

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

dad thinks his stepdaughters are hot

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

c'mon man don't be holding out. I thought you didn't give a poo poo what others thought of you

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

This one always stuck with me:

My girlfriend [21 F] cheated on me [23 M] with my father [54 M]. Do I cut my dad off or try to forgive him?

quote:

We have been together for over a year.

My girlfriend and father last week set me down to tell me they had a week long affair a couple months ago. They only had sex three times they said, and after the third time they say they both felt extremely guilty and mortified at their actions. They've been wanting to tell me since then but didn't have the hearts. I always knew they got on well, they bonded over many shared interests, but I never saw this coming.

I feel completely sick. I haven't eaten hardly anything since they told me. I haven't officially broken up with her yet, but it is obvious as I haven't responded to any of the texts/calls she's sent. When they first told me and after it had sank in, I left and haven't said a word to anyone outside of work since. I've been a total ghost to my whole family and friend group.

My dad and I are very close. For my whole life I have looked up to him. He and my mom divorced when I was a teenager but they have been very friendly to each other which made the process so much easier. I want to forgive my dad. But if my girlfriend had cheated on me with another person, I would easily cut them both off. And in a weird way my dad has hurt me so much more by doing this than she has. I could get over a cheating girlfriend. But my relationship with my father, a relationship I cherished, is destroyed. And it's his fault.

My question is this: Should I forgive my father? How can I forgive him? Should I tell my mom or brother? Would I be cruel for completely cutting him off which is what my heart it telling me to do?

tl;dr My girlfriend and dad had sex three times and felt so bad they told me

And the update:

quote:

I have received several pm’s asking me to update. A bit has happened since then, but I will try to be brief to avoid a wall of boring text.

So I told my mom and brother like everyone suggested. My mom was heartbroken, and we talked for a few hours. She told me she was not surprised. When they were married she suspected him of having inappropriate contact with students. My dad is a handsome man and she told me many girls would give him that kind of attention. She did not know if he was unfaithful for certain though. My brother took it as I expected. He blamed my ex and told me I should date less slutty women. I feel like this is missing the point but whatever. I can’t stand that guy anyway.

For the following week after I dumped my ex, she would call and text me a lot. The gist was basically she loved me and I should forgive her because she made a mistake but hates herself for it. She told me it was just sex and that she wanted to fulfill her fantasy of having sex with an older male teacher before we got married. I didn’t respond to any of these messages or return her calls.

I hadn’t heard from my dad until a few days ago when he came by to reconcile. He let himself in as he has a key and we talked. He told me about how the affair started with them flirting a little. Eventually they had sex. He said while they had sex three times, only the last time was actual penetrative sex. The first two she just blew him apparently and he fingered her. He told me this like I was going to be relieved they only did it once. In reality I was horrified that now a detailed picture was in my mind.

I asked him if he had been in contact with my ex. He said yes and that they have had dinner a few times as friends because he was worried about her. According to my ex, I was emotionally torturing her, and my dad believes he is responsible for her. I told him I would not have a relationship with him ever if he kept in contact with her. He said I was his son and that he would be in my life regardless. I just held my tongue. He then told me it was lovely to tell my mom and brother like I was trying to ruin his reputation. I was done so I just nodded and apologized. I know that was cowardly, but I didn’t want an argument.

That was a few days ago. I haven’t told anyone else other than my immediate family. I still don’t know whether to totally cut contact with my dad. Part of me does, part of me doesn’t.

tldr: Told my family, broke up with my gf, dad came over to reconcile. I still don't know what to do.
edit: People are concerned with me apologizing. I do not actually feel remorse, I told him that because it is what he wanted to hear and I wanted him to leave. At that point I was just nodding along to avoid an argument and him potentially staying longer. Also I should have asked for the key, but like someone said here it is difficult for me to face him so I admit I wasn't thinking straight.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Malkof posted:

I hope that guy sends her a thank you note for pushing him out of the way of the giant bullet.
not tolerating misogyny: a giant bullet

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Captain Lavender posted:

My girlfriend [21 F] cheated on me [23 M] with my father [54 M]. Do I cut my dad off or try to forgive him?

And the update:

That's really hosed up.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Stuntman posted:

not tolerating misogyny: a giant bullet

idk it looked like he tried to hear her side of it, and instead she shut him down and broke up with him because of something his friends said

they're probably both better off without each other

darkhand fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 4, 2016

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

darkhand posted:

idk it looked like he tried to hear her side of it, and instead she shut him down and broke up with him because of something his friends said

they're probably both better off without each other

Yeah, that reads like an overeager teen who wants to turn it into a ~teaching moment~ which is fine, but you aren't gonna get along with a dude who straight up doesn't care if it's that important to you.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...
who wants a streamlined r/shitasses roast thread experience?

Step 1) Download stylish browser add-on ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/ or https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylish/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en)

Step 2 ) Add custom css
code:
@-moz-document domain("forums.somethingawful.com") {
  td.userid-127450, td.userid-127450 + td {display: none}
}
Step 3 ) Never see a Moridin920 post ever again! He's approaching > 10 posts per day at an alarming rate and I am tired of his boring poo poo.

Sure you can ignore his posts but that still takes up so much god damned room, this way completely flattens it.

I will let you know when I figure out how to hide all his quotes, and every poster that retardedly engages with him because they love words words words.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I don't believe Moridin when he says he has a job

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Lotta prudes getting real uptight in here

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Please don't turn this thread into dramatic bullshit thank you

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

zakharov posted:

Please don't turn this thread into dramatic bullshit thank you

The creatures outside looked from SA to Reddit, and from Reddit to SA, and from SA to Reddit again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Laughing Man posted:

Step 1) Download stylish browser add-on ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/ or https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stylish/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en)

Step 2 ) Add custom css
code:
}
Step 3 ) Never see a Moridin920 post ever again! He's approaching > 10 posts per day at an alarming rate and I am tired of his boring poo poo.

Sure you can ignore his posts but that still takes up so much god damned room, this way completely flattens it.

I will let you know when I figure out how to hide all his quotes, and every poster that retardedly engages with him because they love words words words.

That seems like a lot of work to avoid using the Ignore button like a little pussybitch, but still end up with the same pussybitch result.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
lmao if mordin is the most upsetting person you find on the net

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Moridin920 posted:

Aaah, the "Canadian Girlfriend." Mordin, thank you for bringing back this nostalgic institution.

35y M married for ~2years. Punched in the balls, still not sure if I'm in a abusive relationship..

quote:

This is extremely embarrassing. I'm a 35year old medical doctor, been in a relationship since 2008 with 33y old female, married almost 2 years ago, and now have a lovely 4 month old daughter. I feel like I might have the worst case of denial.. I go between feeling like I have everything sorted, to feeling like I have nothing. what do I do?

My wife goes through periods of aggressive/anxious outbursts, she has previously chased me around the house with a knife and grabbed me/hit me on multiple occasions. Today she punched me in the nethers while I was carrying our daughter, and then tried to grab my neck without displaying any sympathy for our little daughter who had gone from smiles to tears at the commotion. She also yelled 'you are not having any more children' as she did this - initially I felt more perplexed than sore.

I know this all sounds clearly abusive, but my problem is that between these episodes that only happen once-twice a month, she is like the best thing ever. She is superorganised, caring, organises social events and communicates exceptionally well with family and friends. Everyone perceives us, and particularly her as being very happy and on-to-it. I do really feel like I have it all, in the good times. We have also had some great holidays together.

Everytime these episodes happen, I think 'That's it, time to call it quits, this is clearly wrong!' Then she tends to get apologetic, she says she was exposed to physical violence when she was younger. I feel like she has anger issues, anxiety maybe a bit a depression and that its not really her fault. We've seen three psychologists over the years, of-course we are fine by the stage we actually see them. I like to keep moving, hate destroying what has taken so long to create, so the sessions often fizzle out. They talk about communication strategies etc.. which dont really work in the heat of the moment.

I have tried secluding myself, during these episodes, but she pursues and hounds me, following me around the house. It seems like she is trying to get an aggressive reaction out of me. I used to get frustrated/mad in the past, but lately try to focus on something else and remain calm. Which she sees as me being insensitive and uncaring, she is often howling at this stage.

I feel that this cycle of aggression and love, has left me feeling very ambivalent. Her family think I'm not supportive of her, and see her as the victim of an unsupportive doctor who spends too much time at work, and is emotionally impoverished. And to be fair, she does more than her fair share of the household chores.

I'm not sure if these episodes are some sort of aggressive panic attacks that last for hours, but she tends to be better when calm. I suggested going to see a primary care physican, who she has seen, but given how well she presents no one thinks any medications are appropriate.

While she has been aggressive only towards me. She has had issues with my closest friend when we started dating, and also my ex (who I had had an amicable split from). As a results I am no longer in contact with either of them. She feels that my former friend, was mistreating her, I tried to mediate but it didnt work. With my ex I gave her a gift for her 30th b'day and told her after the fact. She also saw a text from my ex lamenting the end of our relationship (I had broken it off). My wife is very insecure and we have had many arguments about it, but ultimately I gave up contact with my-ex as a consequence. But she still keeps bring it up for some reason, and says that I was somehow cheating. Her former BF cheated on her, so she has been extra paranoid. She went though my gmail and deleted any previous communication I had had with my ex. (Is it so bad to keep a few momentos from past relationships?). I used to have a very mature/open outlook on past relationships. She often gets me to talk openly about something and then gets mad at me if I said things like 'She was pretty good, but didnt want to get more serious so I broke it off' - this was somehow tantamount to me cheating on her.
She often worries about what I'm doing if I'm home late from work, or if i'm holding my phone in a way that she cant see it.
the other things that happen (sorry, I've perhaps been too verbose so far)
  • she is very sensitive about lots of topics, and seems to keep thinking that I'm putting her down. For instance if I say someone else is good (she implicit takes it to mean that I'm saying she is not good).
  • if we disagree about something, she often brings the relationship into the argument, like 'we shouldnt be together' 'your not right for me'
  • she swears and me and calls me many abusive things
  • I dont have anyone but reddit to talk to about this.. I'm not sure how I got to this point. I have friends, but they seem rather superficial. Its hard to be friends with females, cause she has trust issues with me despite me having never cheated.
  • She is very impatient, and can get very frustrated/angry if things arent done when she wants them. I do sometimes feel like i'm at fault though, maybe am I just not catering to her adequately. She wants me to drop what I'm doing and do what she wants instantly - I've started pushing back, which leads to more arguments. I've said that I feel that she is controlling.
  • She likes to call for help during the massive arguments, and is often really heated. Her parents feel that I'm not supporting her adequately and her outrage is therefore justified. She tends to want to call suicidelines/councellors/cops/hospitals and wants me to go with her to get her help. She seems incapable of soothing her self, almost anything I do, seems to aggravate the issue. I feel like a failure for not being able to calm her.
  • She always threatens to leave/get a divorce, and I says thats ok if you want to. She then tells me how uncaring/unsympathetic I am.
  • She always feels justified in her outrage, and the worst part is that I though she would be more mindful with the baby. But unfortunately, it hasnt dithered her screaming furies.
Thanks reddit, even just writing this down has been helpful, I often find it hard to express myself during the argument. So is there something I can do to have a happy magical life, or am I just living a fantasy that is going to pop?!
tl;dr: All I see is grey, can you help me see black and white? Not sure if I'm being unsupportive of a fragile wife/new mother or being abused

stump collector
May 28, 2007
re: dr ball punched

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Laughing Man posted:

Step 2 ) Add custom css
code:
}

thanks for making me feel better, whatever problems I might have with social situations I've never been such an unbelievable infant that I wrote code to prevent me from reading a stranger's words on the internet

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Laughing Man posted:

Step 2 ) Add custom css
code:
}

i appreciate the thought but there is literally an Ignore User function built into this site for bitch-made babies to use if they need to.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

darkhand posted:

lmao if mordin is the most upsetting person you find on the net

quote:

A little boy [4? 5? M] hangs around outside my office and insists that I [30 F] play with him through the window.

Non-Romantic
submitted 4 hours ago by rolliechair

tl;dr: Rolled around, now small child is holding me hostage.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Laughing Man posted:

Step 2 ) Add custom css
code:
}

bro what kind of ultimate meltdown is this

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
It's actually more pathetic that you all drop by to insult people who use the ignore function. Maybe you should stop giving a poo poo about what other people read on the internet.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

sew another rear end on the human centipede with every stage of goon slapfighting masquerading as smug contempt.

:grin: lol what's really pathetic is...:rolleyes:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Saint Drogo posted:

:grin: lol what's really pathetic is...:rolleyes:

getting cheated on by your girlfriend, with your dad!! :captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Captain Lavender posted:

And the update:

i feel bad for him but he's a loving doormat too. lol at him apologising to his dad

• Locked thread