Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There's already controller support on the PC version, I might try it for a challenge to see if it's even remotely playable on nightmare with a DS4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I can't imagine playing this game with a controller.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
I play Vermintide with a 360 controller since I used to be a filthy console-owner. It's actually not too terrible, provided you crank the aim sensitivity to the moon and have a buff right index finger to handle all the slash n' cleave spam (as Kruber). You do have to be really used to playing FPS's with a controller to do basically anything at range with a non-true flight Kirrilian though. :v:

Playing without a headset though, no chance. Being able to hear that single jerk rat scampering up behind me is super super useful.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Digirat posted:

I cannot imagine playing this with a controller, you have to spin around too much to watch your back and drag shooting becomes too important on higher difficulties
If they add a 180-degree turn button, it might not be awful to quickly flip around to check behind and flip back to keep moving.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
L4D(2) on consoles had that and it was invaluable.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Ravenfood posted:

If they add a 180-degree turn button, it might not be awful to quickly flip around to check behind and flip back to keep moving.

That button would be pretty useful on PC. Leads into a bunch of mechanics that I would want afterward, like a 180 turn around that also dodges in the direction you were facing.

I doubt they thought that far ahead though.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I got an orange trueflight longbow and uh, why is this thing in the game?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I feel like they should make the targeting less hilariously bad but also make it home toward the body instead of the head, as it is the weapon manages to be overpowered and frustrating as hell at the same time

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Nanomashoes posted:

why is this thing in the game?

For people on controllers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Trueflight bow players, doomdwarfs with inferno pistols and bright wizards with the exploding staffs are the least fun to play alongside if you're a melee dude. They clean out the swarm before you get a chance to do some fun bashing, or in the case of the doomdwarf, the idiot thinks he's helping the team as above, but he's actually setting your rear end on fire.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
played with some dorf with hammer/shield and fire pistols that had them messed with to give him 100% kill heal proc and 100% heroic killing blow

surprisingly underwhelming all thing considered, since he was sort of rear end.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Most cheaters are goddamn garbage at the games they play, for obvious reasons. I've killed aimbots and wallhackers in call of duty, which they should have made almost literally impossible for me in a game with bullet penetration.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
trueflight bows are fun and pretty easy to use, you guys whine too much

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Up Circle posted:

trueflight bows are fun and pretty easy to use, you guys whine too much

Elf spotted.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
No, he's right. It's the most fun when it circles a special's head for a few seconds before doing no damage and despawning!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

No, he's right. It's the most fun when it circles a special's head for a few seconds before doing no damage and despawning!

the response to this whiny post is to be more careful about the angle you fire from. the closer you would be to a headshot with a non-homing arrow, the more likely it is to not do this/. most of the time, only gas rats are affected by this bug.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Up Circle posted:

the response to this whiny post is to be more careful about the angle you fire from. the closer you would be to a headshot with a non-homing arrow, the more likely it is to not do this/. most of the time, only gas rats are affected by this bug.

Not whining?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Arcsquad12 posted:

doomdwarfs with inferno pistols
a dwarf with drakefires is not DOOMDWARF, cease your sacrilege

Up Circle posted:

you are ADORABLE.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Coolguye posted:

you are ADORABLE.

Look at their post history in this thread for a good time

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I have died laughing.

Re: new heroes, I want a Skink sent to check up on the Old World and see if it's completely hosed

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The tiniest peeve in this game is charging up a swing expecting a rat to run at me into the release, but instead they just kinda stand there and look at me while I prepare to whiff the air like a moron

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Digirat posted:

The tiniest peeve in this game is charging up a swing expecting a rat to run at me into the release, but instead they just kinda stand there and look at me while I prepare to whiff the air like a moron

another reason rapier/pistol is top tier

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

do strength potions apply to hagbane poison? And do headshots with the arrows make the poison itself do more damage too?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Yes.

It was the secret to my elfing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I hope your time on this earth was sweet, little roger

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Night10194 posted:

Lahmian assassin. Crossbows, knives, spears, and poisoned throwing weapons. That would be good times.

Could even be the gal Saltzpyre was pursuing into the mines when he first encountered Skaven.

This would be good in particular because Lahmians aren't great fighters generally, by vampire standards. It'd help explain why its power level is equivalent to the other heroes. Blood Dragons own bones and it wouldn't make a lot of sense why one is as strong as a mere Empire state sergeant.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Lassitude posted:

This would be good in particular because Lahmians aren't great fighters generally, by vampire standards. It'd help explain why its power level is equivalent to the other heroes. Blood Dragons own bones and it wouldn't make a lot of sense why one is as strong as a mere Empire state sergeant.

I'm not sure Saltzpyre's blood pressure could take it.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Her gimmick could be that she's a low-damage / high resilience character, which would be perfect for newer players.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Necromancy is an affront to Morr and any vampire would be swiftly dealt with by a witch hunter of the silver order.
A vampire poorly pretending to be a human, though...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Nanomashoes posted:

"How do you do, fellow mortals?"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lassitude posted:

I mean, let's be real, they aren't going to add new PCs anyway because lol technical debt as it is. But admit it: You'd love to see Saltzpyre sputtering in impotent fury as he tries to measure whether he hates the cursed ratmen or the damned undead more and the needle lands on ratmen every time.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Nanomashoes posted:

Necromancy is an affront to Morr and any vampire would be swiftly dealt with by a witch hunter of the silver order.

It's an interesting thought about how a witch hunter would react to a well-intentioned vampire during the vermintide. Would they really throw down and attempt to destroy the vampire right then, possibly losing their life in the process, possibly destroying a powerful ally also intent on saving the Empire? I mean, Lahmians especially have every reason to want the Empire to exist at its height indefinitely. Their whole deal is that they want to infiltrate the Empire's aristorcracy, seduce some powerful lord or general, and live in the lap of luxury as they subtly influence events to the benefit of the Lahmian bloodline. The skaven destroying the Empire would be devastating for Lahmians as much as it would be for humans like Saltzpire.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lassitude posted:

It's an interesting thought about how a witch hunter would react to a well-intentioned vampire during the vermintide. Would they really throw down and attempt to destroy the vampire right then, possibly losing their life in the process, possibly destroying a powerful ally also intent on saving the Empire? I mean, Lahmians especially have every reason to want the Empire to exist at its height indefinitely. Their whole deal is that they want to infiltrate the Empire's aristorcracy, seduce some powerful lord or general, and live in the lap of luxury as they subtly influence events to the benefit of the Lahmian bloodline. The skaven destroying the Empire would be devastating for Lahmians as much as it would be for humans like Saltzpire.

Part of the reason Warhammer Fantasy Vampires own is that despite being a bunch of bastards in their own way, at the end of the day they will almost uniformly side with the humans over the tentacle monsters because they loving *hate* Chaos and on both a practical and theological ground they're its exact opposite. Chaos seeks transcendence and the destruction of the material world, while they want to cling to this material life forever.

Also, the quote condemning them from the Khornate perspective in their book for WHFRP2e is "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! NOT FOR DRINKING!"

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Night10194 posted:

I mean, let's be real, they aren't going to add new PCs anyway because lol technical debt as it is. But admit it: You'd love to see Saltzpyre sputtering in impotent fury as he tries to measure whether he hates the cursed ratmen or the damned undead more and the needle lands on ratmen every time.

Plus it'd be funny to have Kruber turn into Michael Cera around a Lahmian.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Also, the quote condemning them from the Khornate perspective in their book for WHFRP2e is "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! NOT FOR DRINKING!"

What if they animated the skull throne and all the bones started rattling? Disaster city.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Nanomashoes posted:

What if they animated the skull throne and all the bones started rattling? Disaster city.

Khorne cannot handle spookiness of that scale, no.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I'd be cool with new hero Lore of Metal sorcerer Balthazar Gelt with a DLC about rebuilding the wall around Sylvania.
Because in the Warhammer world Trump was right.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I'd love it if there was a vampire and salzpyre just alternating between hating being grateful for the help and clearly enjoying the prospect of squaring off once things are settled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

quote:

Heroes,

As we perform necessary updates to both the front and back end of Vermintide, you can expect the connection to the servers to be unavailable from 10:00 CEST. We will provide updates hourly as to when we expect the connection to be live once more.

We apologise for the short notice and will have patch notes available for you here as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

The Fatshark Team

Edit: Things are looking good for a 13:00 "go live". We'll let you know if this changes.
Edit 2: A Badger got in. ETA 14:00. Apologies!
Edit 3: Many badgers invaded. ETA Unknown.
Edit 4: We have succumbed to the Badgertide. In the interest of not keeping downtime going any longer, we will bring things up as they were before - effective immediately. Humble apologies, we will provide updates in our Steam thread ( http://steamcommunity.com/app/235540/discussions/1/353916184351840695/ ) regarding the patch and new backend service.

fatshark.txt

• Locked thread