Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

mlmp08 posted:

Trump hates canted pylons.

:eng101: That's only on Super Hornets. Baby Hornets like the ones that crashed have straight pylons.

Though it would be entirely appropriate for Noted Aeronautical Engineer Donald Trump to not know the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

"I always liked the Mig 29, as a fighter jet. Strong, built like a tank. We could learn a thing or two about Russian military design"
-Donald Trump, GrandMaster Troll

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Duke Chin posted:

Die peacefully in your sleep or die a fiery death in a tin tube of acrid smoke and panicked desperation?

~You Make The Call~

Everyone made it out before the plane started burning so the guys that actually took their bags had the last laugh.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Linedance posted:

"I always liked the Mig 29, as a fighter jet. Strong, built like a tank. We could learn a thing or two about Russian military design"
-Donald Trump, GrandMaster Troll

Short fingered vulgarian, likes short legged baby fighter.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Slo-Tek posted:

Thank you, I was trying to think of a good "tiny landing gear" joke.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Slo-Tek posted:

now I want to see one of these with an Eagle and Viper

e: also one of a Pred and Reaper just because that would personally make me chuckle

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI
screw that. show me the real competition

cherokee 180 vs cessna 172

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Hornet and Super Hornet.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

iyaayas01 posted:

now I want to see one of these with an Eagle and Viper

Godholio posted:

Hornet and Super Hornet.

ah, now there's an interesting one

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Aug 4, 2016

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Colomban Cri-Cri and A-380.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Piper Cub and an Aeronca Champ

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Where are you getting those fighter jet full frontals from?

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Sagebrush posted:

ah, now there's an interesting one

These are amazing

simplefish posted:

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005
I don't like you because you're dangerous

Ola posted:

Colomban Cri-Cri and A-380.

They had that pair at Oshkosh a few years ago, one under the other.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
If you took the canopy off I could probably park a Cri-Cri under my bed.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Thunderbird crash audio. Quality is ok except for the horrendous tone, but you can hear through it. Things get interesting about 5 minutes in. I think that's 6 keying his mic at 5:12 but poo poo was still happening so he waited until about 5:16 to actually speak.
https://soundcloud.com/denverpost/colorado-thunderbird-crash-air-traffic-control-audio

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
MIG 29 AND YAK 130

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005

Godholio posted:

Thunderbird crash audio. Quality is ok except for the horrendous tone, but you can hear through it. Things get interesting about 5 minutes in. I think that's 6 keying his mic at 5:12 but poo poo was still happening so he waited until about 5:16 to actually speak.
https://soundcloud.com/denverpost/colorado-thunderbird-crash-air-traffic-control-audio

Noise is on the left channel only, for those able to turn it off.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

F-14 and F-4

F-35 and F-22

707 and DC-8

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Never mind fighter jets, I want to see the two aircraft from the most pitched battle in aviation history - A320 vs 737NG.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

simplefish posted:

All of them are coming from the-blueprints.com.

MrChips posted:

Never mind fighter jets, I want to see the two aircraft from the most pitched battle in aviation history - A320 vs 737NG.

Kilonum posted:

F-14 and F-4

F-35 and F-22

707 and DC-8

I don't do airliners. Boring! Sad!

Here's your Tomcat/Phantom though

and I couldn't find a good high-res frontal drawing of the F-35, so instead I did my favorite cold war matchup

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
A-5/Mig-25. It needs to be done.

Preoptopus posted:

MIG 29 AND YAK 130

Yak-130 and Aermacchi M346 :v:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ok fine I did one airliner.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What's the resolution on these? They'd make for great wallpapers.

Do a Constellation and a pile of diarrhea.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
B-52 and B-29

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Not super high -- people don't really do high res front vies of airplanes, it turns out. The biggest one of these is about 1000px across. Would work fine centered in a white background, though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Converting the image to vector in Illustrator would do the trick.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

XF-12 and B-29

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

Converting the image to vector in Illustrator would do the trick.

I tried that poo poo back when I was comparing silhouettes, but raster > vector looks like trash without putting tons of time into cleaning it up.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Koesj posted:

I tried that poo poo back when I was comparing silhouettes, but raster > vector looks like trash without putting tons of time into cleaning it up.

I've had good luck with it doing some ad work. Too bad that I got rid of my MacBook that had the Adobe stuff on them or else I'd give this a go.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

My parents pitched up the other weekend with a box of 100 old take off magazines that I used to subscribe to when I was a kid. Any advice on digitising them? I can use the office print center to scan them on the weekends, but with such a large collection I'm thinking that it would pay to work out the kinks in advance. I can scan in .tif or .pdf, and pretty much just have typical desktop programs to work with.

A couple of test scans, the first one has some page detect issues that I fixed for the second part. (n.b. 70mb each)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgt9a49tsm6lgh9/04-08-16%20Issue%2052%20test%20pt%201.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/azmfjyd8mzosqrj/04-08-16%20Issue%2052%20test%20pt%202.pdf?dl=0

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

B29/Tu4.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
F-104/U-2A

or tragicommedy U-2A/U-2S

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Enourmo posted:

B29/Tu4.

So the same with 2-4mm difference in size?

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

holocaust bloopers posted:

Do a Constellation and a pile of diarrhea.

But your Facebook profile is set to private

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

vessbot posted:

Noise is on the left channel only, for those able to turn it off.

Hooray for discrete audio but boo on this terrible prankster... :v:

(your headphones are on backwards - the horrid tone was on the right channel)

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
The fact that no one has requested F-5 v F-15 is a crime. Also P-47 v Bf-109.

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007
If we're talking aircraft of similar payload, range and mission, B-17G vs F-15E

vessbot
Jun 17, 2005

Duke Chin posted:

Hooray for discrete audio but boo on this terrible prankster... :v:

(your headphones are on backwards - the horrid tone was on the right channel)

....aaand, this is how people pile it into a mountain on a backcourse localizer!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Jaguars! posted:

My parents pitched up the other weekend with a box of 100 old take off magazines that I used to subscribe to when I was a kid. Any advice on digitising them? I can use the office print center to scan them on the weekends, but with such a large collection I'm thinking that it would pay to work out the kinks in advance. I can scan in .tif or .pdf, and pretty much just have typical desktop programs to work with.

A couple of test scans, the first one has some page detect issues that I fixed for the second part. (n.b. 70mb each)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgt9a49tsm6lgh9/04-08-16%20Issue%2052%20test%20pt%201.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/azmfjyd8mzosqrj/04-08-16%20Issue%2052%20test%20pt%202.pdf?dl=0

Oh man my dad used to have a bunch of these, they were awesome. I'm pretty sure they were one of the reasons I grew up to be a plane sperg.