Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eddain
May 6, 2007
I'm on PS4 as Eddain@eddain, requesting guild invite into Something Lawful.

Also, are Guilds per character or per account?

Eddain fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
It's per character, and people will need character name@psn account name to do invites looks like.

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug
My in-game name is iadria@michaelus#4391. I'm a big impatient gorilla so I am probably going to ask in the chat channel also. So far I'm actually really enjoying my warlock, and the game seems pretty fun.

reaftotha
Feb 26, 2013
My in-game is JimmyCrimmings@ArtsetReafa. I'd also like a guild invite.

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007

Pooncha posted:

For the record, if you are going to invite outside goons, be careful of who you're inviting. You don't want your guild stash being cleaned dry because you let in the wrong person, and I've experienced firsthand the stories scammers make up to be let in, so it helps to communicate with each other. There's also a bug that allows guild members to withdraw from the bank regardless of permissions and I don't think it's been fixed yet.

Thanks for the headsup! If my wiki searching was correct it looks like the first part of a guild vault is 120k AD, wich probably means it's a way off still.. :)

My personal thought on the non-goon inviting was people we feel we know well enough, dunno what others feel though?

Considering guild leadership, seeing as there's a majority of american goons in the guild any active fellow from across the pond who wants the crown could have it from me seeing as it seems logical the boss is on when most of the others are. Don't see why I should be leader just because I talked to the guild dude.

Edit: Invites sent to you guys who wanted one! The game wouldn't let me invite you though slack motherfucker, says the handle is wrong? I tried both with and without the #numbers.

ParsleyTroll fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 1, 2016

Slack Motherfucker
Aug 16, 2005

Pillbug

ParsleyTroll posted:

Edit: Invites sent to you guys who wanted one! The game wouldn't let me invite you though slack motherfucker, says the handle is wrong? I tried both with and without the #numbers.

Maybe it's case sensitive? Try Iadria@michaelus#4391, with a capital 'i'. This is what my launcher looks like: http://imgur.com/a/8sxAx so I was assuming the michaelus#4391 part was my @tag. I'm sorry for the inconvenience :saddowns:

Also I'm only level 7, does that matter? I got in a water balloon fight instead of questing and that was pretty fun :3:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
When inviting people by @account you're supposed to use the #numbers, so likely there's a misspelling somewhere?

e: also agree that chucking water balloons is fun. :3:

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007

Slack Motherfucker posted:

Maybe it's case sensitive? Try Iadria@michaelus#4391, with a capital 'i'. This is what my launcher looks like: http://imgur.com/a/8sxAx so I was assuming the michaelus#4391 part was my @tag. I'm sorry for the inconvenience :saddowns:

Also I'm only level 7, does that matter? I got in a water balloon fight instead of questing and that was pretty fun :3:

Ooh you're on PC! That explains that, I'm on the PS4. :D

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I saved in Vellosk last night so apparently I have to roll an alt this morning just so I can access my main :shepicide:

Main is arienne@updogmillionaire and I would like to loot your ps4 guild vaults please

ParsleyTroll posted:

Ooh you're on PC! That explains that, I'm on the PS4. :D
I think we probably need a seperate ps4 guild recruitment thread in PGS, and then link it in the OP if we can.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Aug 1, 2016

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

My PSN is cowise, character is Ashelia@cowise. I snagged a VIP package for the month, so I'll most likely be active on this for a while. I'll be gone at Gen Con most of this week, but back at it after that!

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I think we probably need a seperate ps4 guild recruitment thread in PGS, and then link it in the OP if we can.

I might be lazy/not optimistic enough but I don't think this'll be that huge of a thing, maybe if this happends more often? :)

Edit: Sent invites to the both of you above btw!

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Hey Parsley Ogre I'll chase you up for the invite soon - Aerel Shonkmonger@N0TA77TH3R3 lvl60ish CW, I have one non goon wanna join called Nobody@Technomonkeyx lvl50+ R who's cool and also good.

We joined another guild while waiting for goon guild to appear, we'll quit once we line up with you guys, probably in game.

clusterfuck fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 2, 2016

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007
Do hunt me down when convenient for you! The other goons in the guild are also able to invite you if I'm not around when you go looking.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Just picked this up on my PS4, seems neat so far (after 30 minutes).

Anything glaring I should know as I level up? I rolled a tiefling Warlock.

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007
A few random things off the top of my head (and please note that I am by no means a pro at this game):

The premium currency (zen) can be traded for with astral diamonds (wich you probably haven't found any of yet). Gold/silver/copper doesn't really matter much, the auction house only uses astral diamonds.

Don't worry too much about the limited bag space, you will get two free bags from sort of early questing and green drops are generally not really worth the bother.

And most importantly we have a very freshly started guild on the PS4 wich you should consider joining! I could hop on in a bit and send you an invite, otherwise any goon in the guild can also invite you. All we would need is your characters name@your PSN name.

I hope that was of some help.. :)

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Paul Zuvella posted:

Just picked this up on my PS4, seems neat so far (after 30 minutes).

Anything glaring I should know as I level up? I rolled a tiefling Warlock.

Something I wish I noticed earlier: start the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign tasks as soon as you can, so you don't have to wait multiple days to get the progress started once you actually hit 60 like I did.

Also professions seem pretty worthless, other than Leadership which is mainly you getting some basic goods for pretty much nothing as far as I can tell.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Professions only really come to their own at endgame. Leadership used to be the go-to because some of the tasks gave AD, but since that is no longer the case, you should level it up for the refining stones at the later tiers. Refining stuff is a soulcrushing enough venture that another source of stones is handy, if you're not selling them.

Alchemy lets you make useful potions, dyes, and certain crafting components that are very highly valued. It levels in a more RNG-like fashion than the other professions but on the flip side it may mean you can get it to 25 faster. If you plan on levelling alchemy, save every single potion that you find, except for healing since you can buy those off vendors. If you don't want to level alchemy, dump the buff potions you find in the guild bank. Aspiring alchemy goons will thank you.

The only worthwhile things for the other professions are the elemental shirt/pants and armor kits, both of which you can buy off the AH if you prefer. It's no small amount of diamonds spent on the PC version though. Don't know what PS4 economy is like there.

And yes, start the Tyranny of Dragons campaign as early as possible.

double edit: also do the Third Eye campaign if PS4 has it. You get an extra bag at the end.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Aug 2, 2016

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Any suggestions on what to best spend $5 on in order to get the PS4 welcome pack?

Still trying to figure out if I want to play a GWF or DC. I'm leaning towards GWF - I'd assume it's easier to play with a controller?

edit: also where does my account linking bonus end up??

acumen fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Aug 2, 2016

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

acumen posted:

Any suggestions on what to best spend $5 on in order to get the PS4 welcome pack?

Still trying to figure out if I want to play a GWF or DC. I'm leaning towards GWF - I'd assume it's easier to play with a controller?

edit: also where does my account linking bonus end up??

honestly, I think dropping $10 for a month of VIP might be the best. The daily keys you get out of VIP are pretty clutch. I opened a chest yesterday that had some poo poo in it that instantly leveled my companion up to 18.

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007
The account linking minion can be found at a, I can't for the life of me remember the name of the NPC, rewards vendor or some such under the promo-tab when you talk to him. He can be found on the west side of the protectors enclave.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
How do I donate to the guild? I can not find the option.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
You can upgrade your endgame armor using the armorsmithing professions. If you examine someone and they have Elemental stuff that means they spent a whole bunch of time refining black ice and then sitting around buck rear end naked because the tasks all take like 24 hours.

e: also remember to take out your enchantments before you do it. I learned this the hard way.

double e: apparently I misremembered, it's a black ice shaping thing?

Semisponge fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 3, 2016

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Volume posted:

How do I donate to the guild? I can not find the option.
I just did the basic guild dailies from the stronghold and got a bunch of stuff to donate. Speak to the messenger next to Knox after joining, who will point you to the stronghold. Walk right in, follow the questline, and then donate the stuff at the chest in the back left. Scroll down, and if you have any of the item in question to donate, it'll give you the option to do so.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Semisponge posted:

You can upgrade your endgame armor using the armorsmithing professions. If you examine someone and they have Elemental stuff that means they spent a whole bunch of time refining black ice and then sitting around buck rear end naked because the tasks all take like 24 hours.

e: also remember to take out your enchantments before you do it. I learned this the hard way.

double e: apparently I misremembered, it's a black ice shaping thing?

Elemental upgrading is Black Ice Shaping, yeah. It's endgame endgame stuff, though, so don't sweat it for the moment.

And you don't need to stand around naked if you already have a spare set of gear lying in your bank :troll:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

ParsleyTroll posted:

A few random things off the top of my head (and please note that I am by no means a pro at this game):

The premium currency (zen) can be traded for with astral diamonds (wich you probably haven't found any of yet). Gold/silver/copper doesn't really matter much, the auction house only uses astral diamonds.

Don't worry too much about the limited bag space, you will get two free bags from sort of early questing and green drops are generally not really worth the bother.

And most importantly we have a very freshly started guild on the PS4 wich you should consider joining! I could hop on in a bit and send you an invite, otherwise any goon in the guild can also invite you. All we would need is your characters name@your PSN name.

I hope that was of some help.. :)

I rerolled a paladin because the warlock seemed boring as hell.

Goku@mks5000.

Is there a point where leveling becomes less linear? In Blacklake currently and I'm wondering if it opens up a bit.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Paul Zuvella posted:

I rerolled a paladin because the warlock seemed boring as hell.

Goku@mks5000.

Is there a point where leveling becomes less linear? In Blacklake currently and I'm wondering if it opens up a bit.

Yes, blacklake is still kind of tutorial town, being your first adventure zone. Afterwards you'll unlock your last unique class mechanic and be able to double up points on powers and start picking from your first feat trees. Variety opens up quite a bit from here.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Agrias120 posted:

honestly, I think dropping $10 for a month of VIP might be the best. The daily keys you get out of VIP are pretty clutch. I opened a chest yesterday that had some poo poo in it that instantly leveled my companion up to 18.

I did this. So far it seems pretty lucrative - thanks.

I'm level 17 now with my GWF and am gonna stick with the class. I'm in as "acumen@mo-unit1" for a guild invite if possible.

Game is pretty fun and I love how it feels like a traditional mmo but totally couch compatible. They did a really good job with the control layout and despite only having five abilities to use regularly, combat doesn't feel stale at all. Only other question so far is how to optimally use my enchanting runestones. I got a bunch of purple/blue runes from a lockbox, should I be using these or saving them for later? I don't even think any of them can be applied to the weapons I have available now anyway.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I just did the basic guild dailies from the stronghold and got a bunch of stuff to donate. Speak to the messenger next to Knox after joining, who will point you to the stronghold. Walk right in, follow the questline, and then donate the stuff at the chest in the back left. Scroll down, and if you have any of the item in question to donate, it'll give you the option to do so.

Speaking of how do I get the daylies? I go to the strong hold and all the npcs voice actors say they got poo poo for me to do but then there's no quests when I talk to them.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Runestones go on your companion. You can remove them intact for a gold fee. They don't have a level limit so feel free to use them if you need the power boost.

The Master of Coin and/or the Cleric at the SH should have quests for all levels. Not sure why the quest markers don't show up - have you completed the steward's orientation quest yet?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I think I figured it out. I got a couple epic enhancements - not runestones (their names for all the enchanting mats :stare: ) . I socketed my lowbie armour with them for some pretty large stat boosts and 11% exp bonus, and bought a couple more from the Tourmaline Bar shop too.

Upgrading the low level runes/enhancements I've been feeding in duplicates of the same to get the bonus exp. Just need an offensive spot now so I can pop in a +230 power enhancement.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Man, they really throw those lockboxes at you like they're nothing, don't they?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pooncha posted:

The Master of Coin and/or the Cleric at the SH should have quests for all levels. Not sure why the quest markers don't show up - have you completed the steward's orientation quest yet?
I have that's why I'm so confused.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Man, they really throw those lockboxes at you like they're nothing, don't they?
Is there a way to grind for those keys or is it always real world money

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Volume posted:

Is there a way to grind for those keys or is it always real world money

You can grind for AD which you can then exchange to Zen, haha.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

OxMan posted:

You can grind for AD which you can then exchange to Zen, haha.

Theoretically, how long does it take to grind for a month of VIP?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Volume posted:

Yeah, i'm not sure what to say. I walked up to the steward and he gave me a mini tutorial, then after I finished it everyone else had quests. Maybe check your quest journal to make sure there isn't a stage of tge titorial bit you skipped?

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Paul Zuvella posted:

Doesn't quite answer your question, but I believe that on PC at least, by selling the keys you get, you can more than recoup the cost of the VIP.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Aren't Enchanted Keys BtC?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yeah, i'm not sure what to say. I walked up to the steward and he gave me a mini tutorial, then after I finished it everyone else had quests. Maybe check your quest journal to make sure there isn't a stage of tge titorial bit you skipped?

I'm on the ps4 guild if that matters

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Right now the exchange rate on PS4 is low enough that ten days worth of just dungeons and prayers would come out to a month's worth. Probably could shave a day off with the adventurers marks from the dungeons. (The AD coffers aren't nearly as good a deal as reselling azure enchantments from those.) (And that's not counting selling everything that comes out of the daily Shanzit box)

Those rates probably won't last long (I hear they go way up during double AD weekends, and may not come down all the way...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Volume posted:

I'm on the ps4 guild if that matters
Yeah, me too. I talked to the messenger up by Knox. He pointed me to the stronghold. I went in, talked to the steward and I think I got a tutorial thing to go talk to everyone. Maybe there's a stage of that hanging around in your quest log?

After the steward's quest, each of the people around gives you a repeatable quest to go do level appropriate stuff - kill some monsters, do a dungeon, do 2 quests - and recruit some people from protector's enclave.

Aa for donating, there's a 'chest' in the back left of the stronghold which you use, and you can donate the marks you get as a reward.

If you can pin down at which point of this sequence the quest chain stopped, we might be able to work out what's going on.

• Locked thread