Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Cross posting from the Oath thread:

I really like that PHR color scheme, it lets me get something good-looking with simple techniques. like 80% of the effort is fixing those lines/dots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
Is anyone sitting on a blister of the resistance london bus promo from 2015? I'm trying to locate a pair of them and willing to part with some dollars to acquire it.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

wdarkk posted:

Cross posting from the Oath thread:

I really like that PHR color scheme, it lets me get something good-looking with simple techniques. like 80% of the effort is fixing those lines/dots.

Nice job, you're going to have a cool army I reckon.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Picked up my Falcon-Bs last night, now to wait another week for the rules. :v:

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
No real way yet to know if its true, but someone posted on a Dropfleet Facebook community page that Hawk told him that Dropfleet is currently being packaged and is waiting for a few printed things to arrive. He also said that Hawk will be shipping the resin Scourge space station upgrade kit separately as it is running behind and they don't want to delay shipping the rest of the kickstarter to wait for one kit.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Brückenkopf has some new Dropfleet pics from gencon, including painted stations and a bunch of new battleships.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bistromatic posted:

Brückenkopf has some new Dropfleet pics from gencon, including painted stations and a bunch of new battleships.
That PHR battleship :stare:

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
That scourge battleship looks so right

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Yeah, it looks like some evil bug.

I'm still not sure whether I want to gloss my Scourge ships or not. I like the look of the shine.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I'm not actually a fan of the Scourge battleship. It's just too insectoid compared to their gorgeous cruisers.

That PHR battleship is a thing of beauty though.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
I like how the Scourge ships are articulated to undulate. Sexy space trilobites!

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
All those blank panels on the PHR continue to intimidate me.

Also God drat the main gun on the Shaltari battleship!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

My reconquest 2 just arrived. Anyone want any details?

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Would love to know the stats on the Falcon B. Also are there any previously unannounced units in the book?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Loxbourne posted:

I'm not actually a fan of the Scourge battleship. It's just too insectoid compared to their gorgeous cruisers.

That PHR battleship is a thing of beauty though.

Yeah the evil trilobite lacks the sexiness of the sleek cruisers.

PHR battleship on the other hand looks way, way better than their derp cruisers.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Falcons are 50pts. E8, 2SH, 3ACC, or E6 with AA.

Hazards are now E6 and Phoenix nerf went through and they lost demolisher.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
What's the range/MF on them?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So I heard there was some sort of upgrade system, is that a thing? What's it like for the Scourge?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Incy posted:

What's the range/MF on them?
R/C is 9. MF is 12.

Will take pics and upload to an imgur album later.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

My reconquest 2 just arrived. Anyone want any details?

Mine is in the post... With mah Njord! Fingers crossed I get one of the miss-packs and have spare launchers to upgrade my current Poseidon!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think The Njord look scool.

I'll start taking pics now. E: The mod seems to be deleting my pics from the Community FB group. Wanker.

wdarkk posted:

So I heard there was some sort of upgrade system, is that a thing? What's it like for the Scourge?
I think the Overseer is cool! Some nice love for the plasma weapons.

E: Anyone here used Mortars? They seem a bit ???, not sure why I'd fit these guys into a list right now.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 4, 2016

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
I like infinite range, E8,2+ to hit, S3 Anti-air, on a Walker platform with a 5+ passive

And the Glorious Pungarii Proletariat keep the bonus to searching

Renfield fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 4, 2016

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Those little frog fuckers are gonna die every game I swear. the panther can suck a gently caress too.

admittedly it does mean I need to turn up for a gaming night sometime.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Renfield posted:

And the Glorious Pungarii Proletariat keep the bonus to searching

Did they change in points? In was under the impression an increase to 84 was on the cards.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

E: Anyone here used Mortars? They seem a bit ???, not sure why I'd fit these guys into a list right now.

The tactical theory is that they can effectively lock down troops in an opponents building preventing them from manning the walls and using sniper rifles and the like.

Situationally this is good, but it probably won't be as useful as spending those points on something more versatile which I think is why they aren't seeing more use.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Incy posted:

Did they change in points? In was under the impression an increase to 84 was on the cards.
21pts a base here.

Ugleb posted:

The tactical theory is that they can effectively lock down troops in an opponents building preventing them from manning the walls and using sniper rifles and the like.

Situationally this is good, but it probably won't be as useful as spending those points on something more versatile which I think is why they aren't seeing more use.
Yeah, it feels like they are in a place the game doesn't really need just yet. Snipers are nice (loving my Praetorian Snipers), but not enough I'd take Mortars to deal with them on the other side of the table.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Flipswitch posted:

21pts a base here.

That's better, 18 in the 1.1 rules was a bit too good as they were the same price as braves.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Bistromatic posted:

Beasts of War have some pictures in larger resolution.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Might just be shiny new models syndrome but I kind of want to test the Broadsword and Falcon-B together in a battlegroup, they're fairly independent of each other.

Kind of want a second Broadsword too. :v:

These are the errata changes from the book:
UCM
-UCM Flak Team +6" R(c) and R(f)
-Hazard Suits +3P, -1E for their weapon
-Retaliator L-3 instead of L-2 for the Missile Cluster
-Phoenix Missile Battery lost Demo-2

Scourge
-Vampires -2P
-Screamer S+C changed to 1 instead of 1-2, wide.
-Oppressor -5P got the Walker special rule.

PHR
-Valkyries +2P
-Medusa Black Nanomaschine Sourge -1E

Shaltari
-Ronin -1P
-Samurai -3P
-Pungari +3P
-Gharial +10P

Resistance
-Mehmed +3P

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Aug 5, 2016

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
A little sad about the nerf to the Phoenix, but the Hazards suits were a little on the to good side - they were great for hammering buildings. The flack teams could make a nasty surprise for your enemies now.

Making Vampires cheaper is good, same for the Oppressor - he was a little over-costed compared to similar large walkers.

Basically, these all look like good changes.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Was talking with Simon about the Phoenix change a while ago at the tournament we had here, like I didn't like it getting nerfed, but I find the Pheonix really hard to gauge on how good it is. It's got a lot of things going on but nothing individually that wows me I guess? apart from those missiles, but to be fair he did admit they derped hard on the missiles and didn't think of Demo/Templates when they published the rules of it.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ugh, just noticed my Corruptors had a mispack: 3 of the right-hand launcher, 1 of the left.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

Was talking with Simon about the Phoenix change a while ago at the tournament we had here, like I didn't like it getting nerfed, but I find the Pheonix really hard to gauge on how good it is. It's got a lot of things going on but nothing individually that wows me I guess? apart from those missiles, but to be fair he did admit they derped hard on the missiles and didn't think of Demo/Templates when they published the rules of it.

The Phoenix is a swiss army knife of flying death. It has a weapon for everything and seems to be able to use most of them at once. Taking demo off it is a small thing and it isn't as if UCM struggle to knock stuff down. ;)

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

Flipswitch posted:

I'll start taking pics now. E: The mod seems to be deleting my pics from the Community FB group. Wanker.
Thanks for the info. Any chance on an actual imgur album? No big deal if not but itll be a bit til i get my hands on the book.

And i completely forgot about the broadsword somehow. Are the states identical to wade except for a weaker gun?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ugleb posted:

The Phoenix is a swiss army knife of flying death. It has a weapon for everything and seems to be able to use most of them at once. Taking demo off it is a small thing and it isn't as if UCM struggle to knock stuff down. ;)
buff my models i am terrible at this game i need all the help I can get. (I agree with your post though).

Bistromatic posted:

Thanks for the info. Any chance on an actual imgur album? No big deal if not but itll be a bit til i get my hands on the book.

And i completely forgot about the broadsword somehow. Are the states identical to wade except for a weaker gun?
Will do when I get home. I dropped my phone and cracked the screen and completely forgot about it.

Can't quite Recall Wade's stats but the Broadsword is E11, R(C)24", AC 2+, SH1 & Devastator-2. A10, 4DP, MF4 for 71pts.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008

Incy posted:

21pts a base, so yeah - 84 for a unit

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Nobody going to mention that Resistance and PHR can now take a boosted-Shaltari Firedrake as a command choice, as long as they have another commander lvl-3 or higher ?

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Renfield posted:

Nobody going to mention that Resistance and PHR can now take a boosted-Shaltari Firedrake as a command choice, as long as they have another commander lvl-3 or higher ?

I think you can only take it as a Heavy choice unfortunately. The Mercenary rule about having another commander is only for Shaltari themselves.

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
Your right - he's a heavy choice -

'Armies containing Seti must also contain another commander of higher Command value, and Seti himself is a Heavy choice. Seti may also be taken as a Heavy choice in Resistance or PHR armies'

To me that says they (Res and PHR) still need a 3+ commander, as it doesn't say Shaltari armies... maybe Flipswitch can clarify with Simon ?

...(edit) that's a point - as he's a Heavy for all armies, does the CV radius etc count when fielded with Res or PHR...

(Edit again) - Yes he does, as the text says to use opaque deck protectors with other armies, so the special commander cards don't stick out as shaltari ones

Renfield fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Aug 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I can yell at James or Louis but I can't guarantee an answer lol.