Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Tilted kilt is winding down fyi

:Triplepost:

:golgo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
What the hell happened to trivia? They even had it scrolling on their tv menu boards in the bar.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW
I had an excellent dinner at Georgia Reese's. It's a little pricey, but it's hard to argue with fried green tomatoes and ribs.

Dick's Bodacious Bar*B*Que is probably a better choice if your #1 goal is entering a meat coma or hanging around and playing games.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Backno posted:

What the hell happened to trivia? They even had it scrolling on their tv menu boards in the bar.

Other goons know the story better, but this much I gathered:

Colts Grille is under new management. They decided to move the trivia event from Wednesday night (where for us it was a bonus and wasn't competing with anything) to Thursday night at 7:30p (where it is concurrent with a lot of events and is competing for Glorious Goon Time). I heard that some of us will still be going to the trivia today, but others (like myself) already have things going on at that time so... welp.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Four and twenty hours until I too shall stand tall in thy hallowed halls, bone-dice filling both my pocket and my spirit, arms raised to the heavens as I let the glory-tide of nerdsons wash over my enblissened mortal flesh.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Arcadia Quest at 7, looking for a comfortable and quiet spot now. We have room for one more. Playing skirmishes or a full campaign.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 4, 2016

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Bottom Liner posted:

Arcadia Quest at 7, looking for a comfortable and quiet spot now. We have room for one more. Playing skirmishes or a full campaign.

If you're still looking for a player I'd be down to play.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

8one6 posted:

If you're still looking for a player I'd be down to play.

Spot is yours. I'll post here when we decide location.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Sweet!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Heading to the ICC now, trying to find a table near the Georgia street food truck entrance. It's nice and cool there.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Any luck finding a table?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if someone gets a chance to demo seafall, the DBZ minis game, or Afterworld at the Panini booth i'd love to hear your thoughts.

also if you see Monster Rancher tcg cards tell me

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

8one6 posted:

Any luck finding a table?

Yup got a table right by the doors. I have a blue Cool Stuff tote on the table and I'm wearing a red/blue plaid shirt.

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Goons, please go to the Cephalofair booth and play the Gloomhaven demo and post impressions.

It's a one shot room not tied to the legacy campaign, so spoil away to your heart's content.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Panera bread bad idea 40 min wait

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

My group went to Le Peep the other day for breakfast. Nothing special, but completely empty because it's a few blocks walk. No long rear end wait time.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Starve all morning, indian buffet for lunch

Goon lyfe

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Just got here today, first gencon. It's amazing. What are the games to get so far? Other than seafall.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Find codenames and warhammer 4k both ends of the spectrum

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

If you missed it in the group me, I present Gencon.jpg

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Just got here today, first gencon. It's amazing. What are the games to get so far? Other than seafall.

I picked up Luchadore! and Brewin' USA before getting bogged down in the trenches of Fantasy Flight tournaments. Gonna look around some more tomorrow.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Countblanc posted:

if someone gets a chance to demo seafall, the DBZ minis game, or Afterworld at the Panini booth i'd love to hear your thoughts.

also if you see Monster Rancher tcg cards tell me

There's no DBZ minis demo. They said it's not far enough along.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
If you can, try the Arkham Horror LCG demo. It's pretty good.

Hannah Montana
Jul 16, 2009

I can't be tamed.
Anyone heard attendance numbers this year? It seems way busier than last year.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Haveli Indian Cuisine

235 S Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46225
(317) 280-7648

https://g.co/kgs/Fr2t6h
8 buck lunch buffet place is empty buffet ends at 2pm fuckin get in here

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

The words palak pakora, veg korma and sag paneer are your friends

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The Tandoori chicken is the best dish on the buffet.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sportsgenius86 posted:

There's no DBZ minis demo. They said it's not far enough along.

boooo

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Hannah Montana posted:

Really? Dealer hall seems almost empty to me comparatively. Shunning off TD, anime, and cosplay to Lucas is super good.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Deathlove posted:

Really? Dealer hall seems almost empty to me comparatively. Shunning off TD, anime, and cosplay to Lucas is super good.

Part of that is probably due to having more floor space.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Haveli is da fuckin bomb, always been empty when i go after 1pm

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I cant speak for the meats, but gently caress yeah

8one6
May 20, 2012

I went to Haveli today and got a table immediately. The sag paneer, tandoori, and tikki masala were great!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Gencon 2016 is over.

Gencon 2017 begins now.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I don't think I have ever bought that much at GenCon. Came home with waaaaay to much at the end of the weekend.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I got out relatively cheaply. Didn't even have to check a bag on the way back.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
i only bought like 3 things. i ended up having to dump my duffel bag of travel wear into the GF's car so my passengers had space for all of their poo poo. Had to carry some poo poo in their laps and what little free space we had in the car itself

Sloober fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 7, 2016

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
Through some combination of black magic and trickery, we apparently ended up with free parking all weekend. I dunno how, I didn't drive, but that's gotta be one for the record books.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

BlackIronHeart posted:

Through some combination of black magic and trickery, we apparently ended up with free parking all weekend. I dunno how, I didn't drive, but that's gotta be one for the record books.

That's some pretty solid trickery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Hannah Montana posted:

Saw it broke records. Over 61k unique id's.

I haven't been since they were in Milwaukee and I got to go for three days this year. Had a freaking BLAST. Played all 5 D&D Adventure League season 5 preview missions and they were cool.

Played a cool Shadowrun adventure and got mvp for decapitating someone.

Was cool. Going all the days next year.

• Locked thread